• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1/2 - COTD - Rocket's Hitmonchan (Gym Heroes)

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
011.jpg

Rate & Review.

Thanks to Water Pokemon Master from www.pokebeach.com for the scan.

QFred

Behold...
Years
I so hate the first Sugi's Hitmonchan... Crosscounter is an awesome attack! Potential 200 damage here, for (F)! Magnum Punch is also very neat! 50 damage for (FCC). The HP is low, but back then it was pretty neat, since most basics had 30-50 HP, most having 40. 7/10!

Years
well this card do alot of damage if the opponent has a powerul attack because Hitmonchan can do double that damage of the opponent even if it gets knocked out from the opponents attack and all for on energy.
the other attack 3 energy for 50 damage is great.

Great card.
8/10

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Yeah, this was sweet back in the day, but with more effects floating around now that place damage counters instead of actually "doing damage", it's lost some usefulness. Still, definitely worth at least a tech.

7.5/10

I wonder what the ruling for this would be against instant-KO attacks, hee...probably that it wouldn't work...

Drifblim

Banned
Years
Back in the day this was the king, so to speak. Crosscounter was torture on the opponent for doing double the amount of damage done to Hitmonchan. Even if you weren't too good with the coin flip, Magnum Punch was decent and cost-effective too. 9/10.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2007
I love putting this in front of a Suicune ex. Yeah, attack me now, you get 1 prize, I get 2! :D

8/10

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
Years
This is a great ex counter as most usable ex's do 80 damage or so while having 150 itself, or 90/100 in the case of basics and stage 1's.

FFC for 50 on a basic is good, considering most basics do a maximum of 30 to 40 damage.

But 60 HP is a minus...

7.5/10

PS: How does the first attack work against a Dusclops (SS) is a mystery... Judgment is an instant KO attack, and Random Curse doesn't do direct damage...

Back