• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO: Top Entry Ability confusion

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 11, 2020
Hey all,

So I've seen a couple card with the top entry ability, "Once during your turn, if you drew this Pokemon from your deck at the beginning of your turn and your Bench isn't full, before you put it into your hand, you may put it into your Bench." And I'm confused on what exactly this does because I've only seen it on stage 1 pokemon. Does this mean that you can play a stage 1 without a basic? Or is this just a useless ability.
For example: say I drew a lampent with this ability and didn't have a litwick on my bench, would this ability allow me to play lampent without litwick?

Thanks for any help in advance

Years
Hey all,

So I've seen a couple card with the top entry ability, "Once during your turn, if you drew this Pokemon from your deck at the beginning of your turn and your Bench isn't full, before you put it into your hand, you may put it into your Bench." And I'm confused on what exactly this does because I've only seen it on stage 1 pokemon. Does this mean that you can play a stage 1 without a basic? Or is this just a useless ability.
For example: say I drew a lampent with this ability and didn't have a litwick on my bench, would this ability allow me to play lampent without litwick?

Thanks for any help in advance

It does mean you can play a Stage 1 without a Basic to an open spot on your bench, yes. At least in the specific conditions outlined in the Ability.

Back