• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Breeding

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
if legendaries have pre evos will this generate eggs for their baby stage?

LatiusAuro

The Lati Hybrid
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 4, 2018
I had been looking into maybe adding in Legendary breeding stuff to my game, and I originally tested the waters out with just the Latis. But with this, that'll make breeding a lot easier and better for me. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Minor Update 1/2/19
Meltan and Melmetal have been added for completion's sake. Melmetal is now listed as part of the "Titan" egg group, while Meltan is considered a baby species, and cannot breed. Gender rates and egg moves for each have been added to the list of Pokemon PBS changes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Minor Update 1/30/20
Sword & Shield legendaries; Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus have been included. Egg moves have also been slightly updated to include a handful of new moves included in Gen 8.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Minor Update 6/22/20
Isle of Armor legendaries; Kubfu and Urshifu have been included, as well as the unreleased mythical Pokemon, Zarude. Kubfu is classified as a baby species and cannot breed, while both Urshifu and Zarude are classed as part of the Bestial egg group. Egg moves have been updated for these species.

In addition, Crown Tundra legendaries Regieleki and Regidrago have been added to the list of Pokemon that may hatch when breeding Regigigas. An egg of Regieleki will be created if the mother is holding a Light Orb, and an egg of Regidrago will be created if the mother is holding a Dragon Fang. The breeding script has been updated with these changes.

Finally, placeholder information has been added for Crown Tundra legendary, Calyrex. It is tentatively classed in the Bestial and Enchanted egg groups. This might change once more information is revealed.

Years
  • Age 89
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
Can you pass the PBField_DayCare Script with the Legendary Breeding added alredy?
Because when I add it manually, mew can breed mew, and when i use the berserkgen breeds mewtwo, but when I put other legendaries (with different gender and same egg group) to breed, they didn't bring me an egg. Can you do that, please, because some of us don't know to add correctly a script, when is to change the original essential's scripts to add something new.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Can you pass the PBField_DayCare Script with the Legendary Breeding added alredy?
Because when I add it manually, mew can breed mew, and when i use the berserkgen breeds mewtwo, but when I put other legendaries (with different gender and same egg group) to breed, they didn't bring me an egg. Can you do that, please, because some of us don't know to add correctly a script, when is to change the original essential's scripts to add something new.

I don't quite understand what you're asking. As far as installation goes, you don't have to replace anything. Just use the Insert key to create a new section somewhere above Main, but below PBField_DayCare, and then paste the script in the link in this new section. You don't have to manually replace anything or change code in PBField_DayCare.

Years
  • Age 89
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
view
I pasted the script above Main and below PBField_DayCare but when I check with the debug menu the daycare data it tell me that the Pokemon can't breed(Mew and Lugia), also when I generate an egg for the DayCare with the legendaries(Mew and Lugia) and i recive it, it crash the game. How can I solve it?My version is 16.2. If is the version the problem, can you do an adaption?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
view
I pasted the script above Main and below PBField_DayCare but when I check with the debug menu the daycare data it tell me that the Pokemon can't breed(Mew and Lugia), also when I generate an egg for the DayCare with the legendaries(Mew and Lugia) and i recive it, it crash the game. How can I solve it?My version is 16.2. If is the version the problem, can you do an adaption?

Wait so the debug breeding screen says they cant breed, but they can make eggs anyway? And it crashes the game when they make an egg? Show me what the error message says.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KNulBXq6n2-Gp6142Ur8AjtdJQOEkH2z/view?usp=sharing also with legendaries with same egg group but different species and with not special method to breed

Ok so I did some testing. I downloaded a fresh copy of Essentials 17.2, and installed only my breeding scripts. I tested these pairings:

Mew X Mew = Mew egg
Mew X Mew (Berserk Gene) = Mewtwo egg
Mew X Articuno = Articuno egg
Zapdos X Articuno = Zapdos egg

So as far as I can tell, the script works perfectly fine. So I believe the issue really is that this isn't compatible with v.16. And based on your error, it seems like it has something to do with this section of code where it determines egg move inheritance:
Code:
# Inheriting Egg Moves
  if movefather.isMale?
    pbRgssOpen("Data/eggEmerald.dat","rb"){|f|
       f.pos=(egg.fSpecies-1)*8
       offset=f.fgetdw
       length=f.fgetdw
       if length>0
         f.pos=offset
         i=0; loop do break unless i<length
           atk=f.fgetw
           moves.push(atk) if movefather.hasMove?(atk)
           i+=1
         end
       end
    }
  end
  if USENEWBATTLEMECHANICS
       f.pos=(egg.fSpecies-1)*8
       offset=f.fgetdw
       length=f.fgetdw
       if length>0
         f.pos=offset
           atk=f.fgetw
           moves.push(atk) if movemother.hasMove?(atk)
           i+=1
         end
       end
    }
  end
For some reason, "fSpecies" is undefined here. This might have been something that v.16 defined differently. Unfortunately, this will have to be something you'll have to figure out on your own, because I'm not going back and redoing code for outdated versions of Essentials. If you're choosing to utilize outdated code, then you'll have to figure out how to adapt it on your end. But it seems at least that the error can be fixed by simply figuring out how v.16 handles this "fSpecies" method.

Years
  • Age 89
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
For the 16.2 users, you have to replace this:

Code:
# Inheriting Egg Moves
  if movefather.isMale?
       f.pos=(egg.fSpecies-1)*8
       offset=f.fgetdw
       length=f.fgetdw
       if length>0
         f.pos=offset
           atk=f.fgetw
           i+=1
         end
       end
    }
  end
  if USENEWBATTLEMECHANICS
       f.pos=(egg.fSpecies-1)*8
       offset=f.fgetdw
       length=f.fgetdw
       if length>0
         f.pos=offset
           atk=f.fgetw
           i+=1
         end
       end
    }
  end

to this:
Code:
 # Inheriting Egg Moves
  if movefather.isMale?
       f.pos=(babyspecies-1)*8
       offset=f.fgetdw
       length=f.fgetdw
       if length>0
         f.pos=offset
           atk=f.fgetw
           i+=1
         end
       end
    }
  end
  if USENEWBATTLEMECHANICS
       f.pos=(babyspecies-1)*8
       offset=f.fgetdw
       length=f.fgetdw
       if length>0
         f.pos=offset
           atk=f.fgetw
           i+=1
         end
       end
    }
  end

I test it, and the script now works in 16.2. Have fun with Lucidious89's script, 16.2 Users.
Basically replace "fSpecies" with "babyspecies"

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
Heyo, I decided I'd give updating the script to v19 a shot. I managed to get it to a state where the Legendaries with special rules (Latis, Manaphy, Mew/Mewtwo, and Regis) don't crash. To be honest, I haven't tested this beyond that, but it should work ... hopefully.

I'm still a novice with coding, so I had to do some workarounds for things that weren't in the engine anymore, and it's not as clean as it could be, but at the very least it's in a stable position.

Paste at the end of Hardcoded Data -> EggGroups
Spoiler:

Paste in a new script section above Main / below Overworld_Daycare
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
Decided to go ahead and convert it to a plugin for the sake of modularity and relatively easier installation. Something worth noting is that I made these edits with the Gen 8 project version 1.1.0 scripts installed, so that's something to keep in mind.

Attachments

• Plugins.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 6
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Thanks for this do you know if itll work in v20.1?

Nope, not at all. A v20.1 version is already sitting on my computer, though. I just don't want to release it until all the other plugins I'm working on are done, so I can ensure compatibility with everything. So it'll be a long time before it's released.

Back