• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [HotW #141] Pokemon Eclipz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
nwlx8p.jpg

Rom Base: Ruby (USA)

Creators:

- Neon (All)
- Ken (Scripts Helper)

Language:

- Portuguese
- Spanish (soon)
- English (maybe)

Features:

- New story
- New region (Zulen)
- New events
- New graphics
- New characters
- New systems
- Pokemon of all regions

History:

1950:

Have a eclipse in Zulen. With that, in the quiet region Zulen, begin to appear several Pokemon from other regions, including legendary Pokemon.

2010:

Team Rocket discovers Zulen region and its mysteries, begin to invade the region of Zulen. But started a strange movement, in command is a young, so Team Rocket is stronger and renewed.

You're a guy (a) living in a Zulen, nearby region of Hoenn.
You were chosen as a trusted coach by Professor Oak, to go after Team Rocket, to see what they're trying to do before something bad happens to everyone, for the Pokemon and the region.
The only clue obtained in these years is that there is a legendary pokemon that only wakes up every 1000 years, and there are two pokemon Zulen, with its powers awaken pokemon can do that anytime. Why the Rocket Team is investigating the region.
Along with his friends and Pokemon, you will discover all the mysteries?

Screenshots:

eclipz2010.png

Credits:

* Almost all tiles were edited by me, that looks better with the style of hack.

- Areku (tile)
- Cope (tiles)
- Diego (tiles)
- Erma96 (tiles)
- Kyledove (tiles)
- Neon "me" (tiles, pallets and tiles edition)
- Saurav (tiles)
- Seiyouh (tile)
- Trevor (tiles and sprites)
- WesleyFG (tiles)
- Zeikku (tile)
- Zein (tiles)
- Xiros (tiles)

Special thanks:

Trevor: For making tiles and sprites for me. Thanks my friend ^ ^
Eing: For teaching scripting to me thank you very much!
Piru: For tips and other things. Thanks!
Samm: For teaching me some things RH. Thanks!
Zaux: For the banner. Thanks my friend ^^
For the creators of the tools.
And they support or will support my hack ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this is my first hack I do. I hope many will support me and make constructive comments.
A fanbar is welcome xD.
Do not forget to comment!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Well, I like the tiles. :x Anyways the hack is Portuguese? Cool. Hope you have a translator sooner or later to make it English, because this hack looks really nice. Let's see... The story seems to be mysterious. And Team Rocket is back? Interesting. Good luck on this. I'll be sure to come back. ;3

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
Well, I like the tiles. :x Anyways the hack is Portuguese? Cool. Hope you have a translator sooner or later to make it English, because this hack looks really nice. Let's see... The story seems to be mysterious. And Team Rocket is back? Interesting. Good luck on this. I'll be sure to come back. ;3

Thanks!
Yes, the original language will be Portuguese. I don't have a translator. I hope to find one when I throw some beta.
Like I said, the Rockets will be back, and more strong xD

Nice choice of tiles and palletes.
The storyline is good too. Team Rocket...xD..
Like destiny demon says, hope you have a translator for this hack..
Good luck man.

Thanks man!
That good you liked the graphical environment of the hack.
Like I said, I don't have a translator. But I hope to find a more forward.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to you who commented on my hack.
I think I'll bring an update until Thursday.
Then I hope to see more comments xD

Bye~​

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hope you have a translator sooner or later to make it English, because this hack looks really nice.

He already found the translator. And that's... me.

Yes, the original language will be Portuguese. I don't have a translator. I hope to find one when I throw some beta.
Like I said, the Rockets will be back, and more strong xD

I've translated Hacks which are of different languages other than English,
so can I sign up as a translator for this Hack?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
eclipzscreensasdf.png
This hack looks pretty good, I have a lot of things to review here.
First of all, I like how you used differant types of tree tiles. That's a feature not many hacks have, and it makes the hack look so much more natural. After all, what place has trees that all look exactly the same.

I don't really like the lamp post tiles, I suggest you use another type. This one looks like it was grabbed from the top and stretched. Make it shorter, at least. You could also make it light up at night.

The mountain tiles, however, are the only things here that earn a definate 0/10.
They're horribly edited, and the palletes are screwed. Pick some better mountain tiles and stick with them.

The grey sign tiles looks too faded, you must've screwed it somehow. It also looks out of place with the style of tiles you're using. You should probably pick a new signpost that works better with the tiles, and isn't faded.

That's it, and I hope you get a good translator, b'cause I can't understand a word this says.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
Pokemon Eclipz [News: 16/11/10]

Sarcastic Prince

Thanks!
As I said when I launch the beta, I say to you.

HackDeoxys

Thanks, I will do my best to improve the hack.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

News!

Today news:
• Route 2
• New Mountain
• New Lake
• Mini Poll​

eclipzscreen1.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Mini Poll

As I said, I have a mini poll for vote.
I hope you help me to choose the color of my textbox.
Vote as: 1 left, 2 middle, 3 right.​

pollxg.png

Bye~​

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I see you've changed the mountain tiles. They blend in better with the whole environment. Since some posters above me have stated quite a few things already, the only other thing I'll add is that the maps look a tad empty.

And I vote for Option 2. The others are far too bright for me. And the middle one fits in pretty well.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hack looks really good
all the tiles and Ows and Scripts all fit together in unison ^ -^
And i would pick Option 2
It blends in and isnt distracting or too bright

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
You already know that the tiles and palettes are perfect. I like them a lot. About the news, I didn't see the previous lake, but the new is very cool. The montain is much better than before, the other seemed a little odd xD.
Finally, I think your hack is very cool and if you work hard, it will have a great future.

Poll: 2

Greetings!

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
I love your tiles and pallettes. It's rare to see a graphically nice looking hack these days *sigh* they're all just medi-ocre... Oh I get it now you're spanish. That would explain why the graphics are good.

poll: 1

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
Binary

Thanks. I'm improving mapping.

Nintendok15

Thanks for the coment ^^

jota_rdk

Thanks my friend!

Orijmate

I'm Brazilian. And I like complete hacks. With good graphics and scripts as well.
Thanks for the coment.

HackDeoxys

Ok, thanks.

Well, now I'm making a small change in the graphics hack. I guess until next week I will bring updates.
Ah, and is almost sure I'll use the textbox option 2 ^^

Bye~

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
Hi my friends!
These days without posting here, was working a lot on my hack.
I'll start =D

Hero Sprite

eclipz1.png

Special thanks and credits to my friend, Trevor.

New tiles & Improved maps

eclipz2.png
eclipz3.png

Here you can see the new tiles (tree, mini tree, trunk, details tiles) and some mini sprite frames.

Textbox color

eclipz4.png

The option 2 was chosen.
I hope you enjoy! I hope one fanbar xD

Bye~

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
I love the trainer sprite you've got!
Reminds me a lot of Pokémon Crono by Dante...
As for the textbox, I'd say that less is more, so my vote is the second one, since the the pallete used on it is actually pleasing to eyes; it's not as flashy as the other two...
BTW; I love the tiles you used! :)

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Wow, great update!

The new tree is very well. I like it better than the last. I am not saying the other didn't like, but the new is better :P. The mini tree is also fine, and the trunk and the details too.

Regarding the sprite, what I can say about a sprite of Trevor? xD. I love the OW sprite too (The sprite reminds me of Pokémon Chrono), is very good.

Well, I hope you continue with the game and I'm glad you chose tetxbox 2.

Greetings!

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
hmmmm this hack looks okay. The tiles look fine to me. Hero sprite looks okay as well. I'll keep an eye out for the beta

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I hate one of your tree tiles! Oh wait, I made that....my bad! xD
Nice hack, this inspires me to start making more tiles and graphics again soon. It's nice to see a Ruby Hack that actually has decent maps. :)

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Textbox color

eclipz4.png

The option 2 was chosen.
[/CENTER]
The textbox looks nice and I can see improvement in mapping. The only thing that distracts me is the lamp post. I think it should be darker. Just my opinion though.

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 26, 2011
looks great, you should translate it to English. looks real and nice hero sprite. and same as above the lamppost should be darker.team rocket is back! yay I love kicking them in the face (beating them easy.) cool

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back