• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen V] Hailstorm Dragons (and why you should bring alarm clocks to battles!)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022

460.gif
Hailstorm Dragons
612.gif

and why you should bring alarm clocks to battles!

Hello, gentlemice and llamas of CBC! TODAY you shall read one of the greatest warstories ever to grace our precious forum. This is actually a battle I've been wanting to log for a really really long time... and you can tell because I use Mr. "I'm-only-broken-because-of-Sand-Veil". Oh, and he has Exca. As such, some of my older commentary (yeah been working on this for a long time) is kinda off, but I don't think it detracts from the quality of the match. There are definitely some surprising twists and turns and I hope that this one is a lot better than my first attempt at warstorying a battle. The team I used in this battle was probably one of my most successful teams ever and definitely the most fun one I've used - and I came across this battle while trolling around on the ladder with it (and eventually hitting #21 on the ladder and making voting reqs at 1454!).

Anyway, anything relating to me in the match will have this snazzy red color, and anything relating to my opponent will have this pretty blue color. And without further ado, let's begin, shall we?​

HIDDEN MACHINE
VSDrayden.png

quagsire.png
blissey.png
excadrill.png
tyranitar.png
tangrowth.png
gliscor.png

v e r s u s

HilbertChallenge.png
VRAI

latios.png
haxorus.png
magnezone.png
garchomp.png
abomasnow.png
dragonite.png

Battle between Vrai and Hidden Machine started!
Tier: BW OU
Variation: +22, -9
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Oh my, look at that variation. +22, -9? This guy is good – considering that I was up into the top 100 when this battle took place, he's amongst the very top of the ladder. That's no good for me. :( But! I can expect him to make clever switches and generally play with a higher quality than your standard laddererererer. This match will be a tough one to win. ;o;

Looking at his team, it looks very... stallish. Quagsire + Blissey + Gliscor + Tangrowth are all renowned as highly defensive Pokémon. Tyranitar is also likely a specially defensive, mixed variant (like almost all Tyranitars are nowadays). Excadrill is probably a Rapid Spin variant, too, or at the very worst a late-game cleaner. Regardless, none of his defensive Pokémon are Steel-type, leaving me free to leave out my CHOICE BAND DRAGONITE to smash whatever starts up this match. I love Dragonite as a lead because Multiscale prevents it from being KO'd by almost any attack, and CB + 252 Attack + Adamant Outrage smashes everything, really. I'll begin with Outrage – no matter what, something on his team is going to get trucked.

Vrai sent out Dragonite!
Hidden Machine sent out Gliscor!
warstory-image.php

Turn 1

The foe's Gliscor used Protect!
The foe's Gliscor protected itself!
Dragonite used Outrage!
The foe's Gliscor protected itself from the attack!

The foe's Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
The foe's Gliscor was badly poisoned!
warstory-image.php

He leads with Gliscor which is a-okay with me. The standard defensive Gliscor doesn't even 2HKO Dragonite with Ice Fang counting Multiscale (since it doesn't invest in any attack), so I feel pretty safe staying in to smash it with Outrage. Plus, he's going to be hard-pressed to take this hit no matter what he does – a CB Dragonite Outrage hits like a truck (and has more power, I think, than a Specs Latios Draco Meteor). Nothing this Gliscor could do right now will do anything against Dragonite, so continue the rampage!​

Turn 2

Dragonite used Outrage!
The foe's Gliscor lost 68% of its health!
The foe's Gliscor used Toxic!
Dragonite was badly poisoned!

Dragonite is hurt by poison!
The foe's Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!
warstory-image.php

Boo, poison. Multiscale is broken forever at this point and I'm locked into Outrage so my options are minimal. :( Good news is that Dragonite clean 2HKOs this Gliscor – that'll make it easier for Garchomp to clean house later. Regardless, I don't have anything else to do because I'm literally limited to one option so Outrage it is!​

Turn 3

The foe's Gliscor used Protect!
The foe's Gliscor protected itself!
Dragonite used Outrage!
The foe's Gliscor protected itself from the attack!

Dragonite calmed down!
Dragonite became confused!
The foe's Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!
warstory-image.php

I always forget how Protect works with Outrage. Sometimes, I use it, and they Protect on the last turn of the Outrage and it like ignores the confusion and locking-in effects. And other times I still end up confused, like this. It's kinda disappointing. :(

Anyway, there's little merit in trying to switch anything else in right now. He'll probably play conservatively to keep Gliscor alive and scout what I'm going to do. Either a switch is incoming or he'll go for a double Protect – in either scenario, nothing is really going to like biting a Dragonite Outrage so I'll take the risk of confusion and click Outrage again. Worst case scenario, I eat confusion damage. Best case scenario, I either KO Gliscor or heavily incapacitate whatever comes in after it.​

Turn 4

Hidden Machine called Gliscor back!
Hidden Machine sent out Tangrowth!

Dragonite is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion! Dragonite lost 26% of its health!

warstory-image.php

...oh, right. Of course, I always nab the worst case scenario. :(

Tangrowth is really uncommon, but it does an excellent job of what it's here for – and that is, to wall the physical spectrum. While it wouldn't necessarily appreciate an Outrage, Tangrowth can eat one, Leech Seed, and recover enough health through Regenerator and/or Protect to absorb another one or stall Dragonite out of confusion and Toxic damage. Plus, I could get confused again and prevent myself from attacking Tangrowth. Dragonite is too much of a beneficial Pokémon against this team (read: no defensive Steel-types) for me to just let him waste time attacking Tangrowth here; it's time for a switch. And what else should absorb a fairly obvious Leech Seed than my very own Grass-type?​

Turn 5

Vrai called Dragonite back!
Vrai sent out Abomasnow!

Abomasnow's Snow Warning whipped up a hailstorm!

The foe's Tangrowth used Sleep Powder!
Abomasnow fell asleep!
Hail continues to fall!

The foe's Tangrowth is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Tangrowth restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
warstory-image.php

...oh my. He correctly predicted a switch – Sleep Powdering a poisoned Dragonite doesn't seem like the brightest of ideas unless you have a strong hunch they'll be moving out. But now, I think, I'll explain a little bit of my team mechanic and how I play it. It's really... interesting, I think.

I run offensive Hail. 'Hail?' Yes, Hail. 'Isn't (insert weather) much better than Hail?' Probably. Hail is the dark horse of weather. 'I thought Hail was defensive!' Walrein and Regice suck (and I'm not a fan of Nidoqueen, either). See, here's the thing: this team was built initially to focus on luring Steels and eliminating them. Outrage + Blizzard are two superpowerful moves that are really only commonly resisted by Steel-types – and, while Steel-types are common, people can't use too many or they risk being overly weak to the common Fighting-type, Fire-type and Ground-type moves (and Magnezone!). Plus Abomasnow is the biggest Scizor lure to ever exist.

And now that you know that, I feel obligated to inform you that every single member of my team is choiced. Every one. Makes keeping stall down a lot harder but consistently pressuring stall with high-powered attacks coming off of huge base stats as well as each of my attackers having a move to break through their 'common counters' (Dragonite has Fire Punch for Skarmory and Ferrothorn, where Latios has Psyshock for Blissey, etc.). Basically, this team requires high-level prediction as any pure-Choice team would. It's a very very fun team to play, but if you predict wrong once or twice the match potentially is out of your control.

Anyway, Tangrowth really can't do anything to Abomasnow – it'll probably switch out in fear of Aboma waking up and OHKOing it with a STAB Blizzard. In conclusion, he'll probably switch into either Blissey or Tyranitar, and I don't want to leave Aboma sleeping in on either of them... back to my heavy hitter it is! Plus, if he's running a dual-status variant, the fact that Dragonite is already poisoned will prevent paralysis. THIS COMMENT IS ALREADY FAR TOO LONG LET'S MOVE ON​

Turn 6

Vrai called Abomasnow back!
Vrai sent out Dragonite!

Hidden Machine called Tangrowth back!
Hidden Machine sent out Tyranitar!

The foe's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
The sandstorm rages!
Dragonite is buffeted by the sandstorm!
warstory-image.php

Ooo, okay. He sent in Tyranitar, expecting to absorb the easy Blizzard and drop in rocks. BUT TOO BAD FOR HIM. Thing is, he won't risk keeping in Tyranitar. He might probably assume that my CBNite can OHKO with Outrage (it doesn't, sadly) but even if he knows that it doesn't OHKO, Dragonite is going to smash it up to the point that it'll only take one more light hit before I win the weather war. He's not going to give up the advantage of weather to me, not quite yet.

My only choice is obvious; Dragonite isn't going to be around much longer, and I might as well go for the Outrage in case he tries to predict EQ and switches over to Tangrowth. Nothing is going to like dis ragin' dragon.​

Turn 7

Hidden Machine called Tyranitar back!
Hidden Machine sent out Excadrill!

Dragonite used Outrage!
It's not very effective... The foe's Excadrill lost 80% of its health!
The sandstorm rages!

Dragonite is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Excadrill restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
warstory-image.php

BAM-BAM. Excadrill? Steel-type? Nahh, don't those Steel-types actually have defenses?

Really, I'm pretty excited by this. Excadrill is smashed up from trying to take that Outrage and that's wonderful for my team that has a fairly ehh time dealing with him. From here, Dragonite is on his last legs and he's locked into Outrage on this Excadrill. Excadrill won't set up knowing that he's easily in range of being KO'd by another hit. Bye, Dragonite! You done good. ;o;​

Turn 8

The foe's Excadrill used Frustration!
Dragonite lost 5% of its health!

Dragonite fainted!
The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Excadrill restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Vrai sent out Abomasnow!

warstory-image.php

My Abomasnow is scarfed, primarily so I can switch in on weather abusers after they kill something and nab a revenge-kill. The set I run is something like Blizzard/EQ/Wood Hammer/umm I wanna say Ice Shard but I can't remember for sure. From here I'd usually Earthquake or Wood Hammer to finish off poor Exca, but remember: Tangrowth nabbed Abomasnow with a Sleep Powder earlier.

From here it's really pretty easy to figure out what he's going to do; he'll either try to stay in and Rock Slide Abomasnow to death, he'll try to SD up or something (not likely since the rest of my team outspeeds in Hail and he knows this) or he'll try to switch off to Tyranitar and then get up SR to limit Abomasnow's switch-ins. I could sit here and try to spam EQ and risk waking up, but that also potentially gives Hidden Machine free turns and that's something I don't want to do. I'm going to bank on the fact that he'll either go for Rock Slide or switch out to Tyranitar and get the hell out of here. Either way, Garchomp will be a good switch-in to threaten whatever's in and keep my momentum rolling.​

Turn 9

Vrai sent out Garchomp!

Hidden Machine called Excadrill back!

The foe's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
The sandstorm rages!
warstory-image.php

Ooookay. Now we're going to have to be ballsy and make a decision. See, I run Scarf Garchomp because it's the best Scarfer in the game, as well as the fact that it has wondrous bulk and hits like a truck. However, this truck doesn't OHKO standard Tyranitar with EQ. Plus, the standard SpD mixed Tyranitar also runs Ice Beam... well, this is where we re-analyze our opponent. He's been playing very conservatively with Tyranitar, knowing that a) he needs to get up SR and b) he can't sac Tyranitar because he will lose the weather war and he needs Excadrill to clean up lategame since nothing else he has can outspeed Latios. I can probably bet you twenty bucks that he wouldn't risk keeping Tyranitar in, especially since I just double-switched to take advantage of his obvious move.

Something is coming in, and it's going to be Tangrowth, anticipating a tuff EQ from my 'chompy. AND WE GO RAGIN'.​

Turn 10

Hidden Machine called Tyranitar back!

Garchomp used Outrage!
The foe's Tangrowth lost 45% of its health!
The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Tangrowth is buffeted by the sandstorm!
warstory-image.php

Eugh... well, I really don't have much of an option here, lol. I wish Outrage would do more but it's only going to 3HKO Tangrowth at this rate, so unless I get a crit Garchomp is probably going to be KO'd by Hidden Power Ice (since that's standard on almost all Tangrowth sets). Regardless, I'm stuck here, so I have to Outrage again. :(​

Turn 11

Garchomp used Outrage!
The foe's Tangrowth lost 46% of its health!

The foe's Tangrowth used Hidden Power!
The attack of the foe's Tangrowth missed!
The sandstorm rages!

warstory-image.php

…! So, the bannable part of Garchomp shows its face. Buuuut you can't accuse me of hax because I wasn't the one so intent on keeping the Sandstorm up, right? :B

I can't change that though and a 20% chance comes through for me, and I get to keep my revenger and finish off Tangrowth for later. SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DEAL TO ME I'LL TAKE IT​

Turn 12

The foe's Tangrowth regained health due to Regenerator!
Hidden Machine sent out Gliscor!

Garchomp used Outrage!
A critical hit! The foe's Gliscor lost 55% of its health!

The foe's Gliscor fainted!
The sandstorm rages!

Garchomp calmed down!
Garchomp became confused!
Vrai: ...
Vrai: sorry
Vrai: :/
warstory-image.php

…well. I don't know how much a Garchomp Outrage does to 'Scor though it's probably significantly less than Rageguy Jr that recently passed away. Well, there's nothing we can do about it, although I figured 'might as well apologize' cos it's polite and generally they won't ***** at you so much. But I'm not really advocating apologizing for things that you have no control over... just things that matter. :)

Anyway, Tangrowth is coming in, meaning a HP Ice is present and I'm not going to risk the chance of a low damage roll or confusion hax, especially since Garchomp is still chillin' at 100% and yeah, I don't want to take any unnecessary risks especially when Garchomp can be useful later on in the match. HP Ice is inevitable, and thus out comes Magnezone!​

Turn 13

Vrai called Garchomp back!
Vrai sent out Magnezone!

It's not very effective... Magnezone lost 11% of its health!
The sandstorm rages!

warstory-image.php

So, I run Specs Magnezone with Volt Switch, mostly to scout for things like Shed Shell Skarmory and things like that. However, Hidden Machine has no Steels, so I can be a bit more liberal with where I let Magnezone run. There are only a few options here, really; he'll either go into Blissey and absorb the incoming HP Fire or he'll try to sneak off with an EQ in here... which isn't really that likely! Hidden Machine has been super conservative here and I doubt he'll risk losing his last EQ resist (and physical wall!) to a guessing game here. Regardless, Specs Magnezone has no business dealing with Blissey so I'll Volt Switch my way outta here (and if he does stay in with Tangrowth, then I'll just switch into Latios to eat the easy EQ).​

Turn 14

Hidden Machine sent out Blissey!

Magnezone used Volt Switch!
The foe's Blissey lost 17% of its health!

Vrai called Magnezone back!
Vrai sent out Haxorus!
The sandstorm rages!

Haxorus is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Blissey is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Blissey restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Hidden Machine: this is bad
Vrai: that miss on garchomp sucked :/
Hidden Machine: yea np
warstory-image.php

See! Being cordial is dandy. :)

BUT YESSSS, I got Haxorus in for free. CB Rivalry Outrage is here, friends – nothing on his team is going to take this well at all, and he knows it. He's the only one with the hard decision here: who to sack? ;D /clicks Outrage​

Turn 15

Hidden Machine called Blissey back!
Hidden Machine sent out Quagsire!

TIMELESS QUESTION (and oppo tribute) BREAK. You might've heard that one immortal phrase before - "How well does Happiny take Close Combats from Machamp?" or perhaps even the follow-up question, "How well does Pikachu take Earthquakes from Rhyperior?" Or perhaps the most recent variant, "How well does Quagsire take a CB Rivalry Haxorus Outrage?" Well, look no further...​

ehB8S.png

Haxorus used Outrage!
The foe's Quagsire lost 57% of its health!
The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Quagsire restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
warstory-image.php

...well, I guess this whole "Rivalry Haxorus" fad has gone far enough that people run female ~everything~ for funsies, including Quagsire. :< OH WELL, CB Outrage still 2HKOs Quagsire even when it technically has 97 base Attack (plus the fact that I'm locked into Outrage so I really don't have another option lol).​

Turn 16

Haxorus used Outrage!
The foe's Quagsire lost 48% of its health!

The foe's Quagsire fainted!
The sandstorm rages!

Hidden Machine sent out Excadrill!
warstory-image.php

Excadrill is coming in to try and revenge Haxorus and there's not much I can do since I'm still locked in but hope for the best. He definitely knows he won't SD now since he'll die to the upcoming Outrage so obvious EQ is obvious.​

Turn 17

The foe's Excadrill used Earthquake!
Haxorus lost 69% of its health!

Haxorus used Outrage!
It's not very effective... The foe's Excadrill lost 31% of its health!

The foe's Excadrill fainted!
The sandstorm rages!

Haxorus calmed down!
Haxorus became confused!
warstory-image.php

Hahah! Don't underestimate bulk (or overestimate Excadrill). 8D

Well, not really sure what I should do here. I can't really switch out since I'll die to SS damage anyway, so I might as well abuse Haxorus' last Outrage before he falls to little grains of sand prickling his skin. Tyranitar will probably live it (but barely!) meaning I should be able to get more offensive pressure on him once it's down. :)​

Turn 18

Haxorus is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion! Haxorus lost 6% of its health!

Haxorus fainted!

The foe's Tyranitar used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Vrai's team!
The sandstorm rages!

Vrai sent out Abomasnow!
Pointed stones dug into Abomasnow!

warstory-image.php

Aw, shucks. He got SR up, meaning Aboma's time is limited now. I primarily threw in Abomasnow to cut Ttar's special defense; Flamethrower/Fire Blast is likely coming (remember Stone Edge was not very common at all during this era: people ran this Ice Beam/Crunch/Fire Blast mixed Special Defensive set all the time). I guess I'm going with my gut here hoping that he'll drop a Flamethrower in on me, because really nothing is going to OHKO this defensive Ttar off the bat. With my two Banders gone my best shot at Koing it is my Specs; with the SS gone hopefully it can KO with Surf... or at least do some heavy damage. If only confusehax didn't happen when it did... oh you, RNG. :(​

Turn 19

Vrai sent out Latios!
Pointed stones dug into Latios!

The foe's Tyranitar used Flamethrower!
It's not very effective... Latios lost 10% of its health!
Hail continues to fall!

Latios is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Tyranitar is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Tyranitar restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
warstory-image.php

Alright, got Latios in more or less scotch-free. I could try to toss my Specs off on Blissey now, with a chance of an incoming switch, but I'm moreso concerned about how Tyranitar can take a hit from anything on my team and KO it. Besides, Magnezone can shrug off Toxic or whatever and then we can move into Garchomp to scare it out again. Besides, Latios should be able to finish Tyranitar with Surf since it lost its SpD boost from the sandstorm, right?​

Turn 20

Latios used Surf!
It's super-effective! The foe's Tyranitar lost 58% of its health!

The foe's Tyranitar used Crunch!
It's super-effective! A critical hit! Latios lost 71% of its health!

Latios fainted!
Hail continues to fall!

The foe's Tyranitar is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Tyranitar restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Vrai sent out Garchomp!
Pointed stones dug into Garchomp!
warstory-image.php

...nope. I thought it'd do more than that, honestly. Well, looking from HM's aspect here, I will either EQ or Outrage. Both will probably KO what's left of Ttar but EQ is Tangrowth-bait and he doesn't wanna switch Tangrowth into an Outrage knowing that'll probably kill it off. He's probably going to stay in with Tyranitar and hope that Outrage doesn't KO (or maybe just sack it off anyway) but Outrage should KO from here and I don't feel like under-predicting and allowing Tangrowth to get in for free (and recover even MORE from Regenerator). Outrage hits everything left on his team for neutral, anyway.​

Turn 21

Garchomp used Outrage!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 41% of its health!

The foe's Tyranitar fainted!
Hail continues to fall!

Garchomp is buffeted by the hail!
warstory-image.php

Well, I'm locked into Outrage and Tangrowth has HP Ice. We all know where this is headed so I'll let this comment end itself faster than you can say "supercalifragilisticexp​

Turn 22

Garchomp used Outrage!
The foe's Tangrowth lost 46% of its health!

It's super-effective! Garchomp lost 77% of its health!
Hail continues to fall!

Garchomp is buffeted by the hail!
Garchomp calmed down!
Garchomp became confused!
warstory-image.php

o.o

Well does that lessen the badness of the earlier HP Ice whiff? GARCHOMP BULK YEAH

Anyway Garchomp dies to SR/Hail the next time it comes out so really all I can do now is stay in and hope for a killshot on Tangrowth (or whatever he switches to I suppose lol).​

Turn 23

Garchomp is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion! Garchomp lost 4% of its health!

Garchomp fainted!

The foe's Tangrowth used Giga Drain!
But there was no target...
Hail continues to fall!

Vrai sent out Magnezone!
Pointed stones dug into Magnezone!
warstory-image.php

We meet again, RNG. *shakes fist*

I suppose it didn't mean too much since Garchomp would die anyway (and would have died from that second HP Ice if the first hadn't missed) so I'm not too concerned about his untimely smacking himself to death. However, I am concerned about the state of the game right now. He has Tangrowth out and Blissey left, whereas I have Magnezone and a snoozing Abomasnow. But... Blissey walls Magnezone to hell and back and I really don't have much in the means of breaking Blissey because Magnezone doesn't get a cool move like Trick. :(

My only chance of winning right now is to get Abomasnow in on Blissey and hopefully smash it with Wood Hammer. Tangrowth obviously isn't going to stay in when he has Blissey to easily wall Magnezone, so my only option is to Volt Switch into Abomasnow for a free switch-in.​

Turn 24

Hidden Machine sent out Blissey!

Magnezone used Volt Switch!
The foe's Blissey lost 17% of its health!

Vrai called Magnezone back!
Vrai sent out Abomasnow!
Pointed stones dug into Abomasnow!
Hail continues to fall!

The foe's Blissey is buffeted by the hail!
warstory-image.php

Looks like it's going well so far. Sleep mechanics changed a bit in BW - the sleep counter resets every time the Pokemon leaves the battle, so I'm hoping Aboma will wake up before I get Seismic Toss'd to death. Turn 1 wake up go!​

Turn 25

Abomasnow is fast asleep!

The foe's Blissey used Seismic Toss!
Abomasnow lost 31% of its health!
Hail continues to fall!

warstory-image.php

...and yet we're unlucky. Aboma will only live one more ST, so it's now or never..!​

Turn 26

Abomasnow woke up!

Abomasnow used Wood Hammer!
The foe's Blissey lost 46% of its health!
Abomasnow is hit with recoil!

Abomasnow fainted!

The foe's Blissey used Seismic Toss!
But there was no target...
Hail continues to fall!

Vrai sent out Magnezone!
Pointed stones dug into Magnezone!
warstory-image.php

Oh gosh yesssss. Abomasnow woke up just in the nick of time to weaken Blissey - enough to put it in KO range of Magnezone! Magnezone's Specs Volt Switches earlier were doing about ~13% to Blissey every time, so from here (Blissey is at about 18%) Thunderbolt should definitely KO. I also have Flash Cannon to hit Tangrowth harder but with my luck I'd do 17% and Blissey would heal up with Softboiled. Go, go, Magnezone!​

Turn 27

Magnezone used Thunderbolt!
The foe's Blissey lost 18% of its health!

The foe's Blissey fainted!
Hail continues to fall!

Magnezone is buffeted by the hail!
warstory-image.php

Up until now, Tangrowth has actually only used three moves: Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, and HP Ice. Depending on the final move of Tangrowth, the outcome of this match could be very, very different. Firstly, Tangrowth could have Leech Seed: in that case, Tangrowth would probably Sleep Powder first because I doubt it'll take multiple Specs Thunderbolts with its awful SpD. Secondly and hopefully less likely, Tangrowth could have EQ. I'd definitely lose if it does because it should OHKO Magnezone at this point. I really don't have any option move-wise because I'm locked into Thunderbolt, but... here's hoping that Hidden Machine has to try to pin a victory to the shoddy 75% accuracy of Sleep Powder!​

Turn 28

Magnezone used Thunderbolt!
It's not very effective... The foe's Tangrowth lost 36% of its health!
The foe's Tangrowth was paralyzed!

The foe's Tangrowth used Sleep Powder!
Magnezone fell asleep!
Hail continues to fall!

Vrai: damn
Vrai: gg lol
Hidden Machine: it's not over yet
Vrai: yeah
warstory-image.php

It looks like Tangrowth carries Leech Seed. And again, I need a timely wake-up to seal a win. Assuming Tangrowth Leech Seeds this turn (and I don't get lucky enough to wake up and outspeed ;-;), he'll be up to about 39% at the end of it. That's just enough for me to KO with hail + Thunderbolt, leaving me at least two turns' worth to wake up. If Magnezone stays asleep any longer than that, Tangrowth will probably get enough health to fire off another Sleep Powder and collect the win, most likely. Remind me to bring alarm clocks to my next battle. :|​

Turn 29

Magnezone is fast asleep!

The foe's Tangrowth used Focus Blast!
The attack of the foe's Tangrowth missed!
Hail continues to fall!

Vrai: but it was a good game regardless
warstory-image.php

...or it doesn't have Leech Seed! Oh, damn. Tangrowth will OHKO with Focus Blast, but... There's only one way I can win: Magnezone has to wake up and KO with Thunderbolt. If it stays asleep this turn, one of three things will happen: Tangrowth will hit with Focus Blast and KO (meaning I lose); Tangrowth will miss with Focus Blast (giving me another shot); or Tangrowth will be fully paralyzed (also giving me another shot). Depending on which way the dice roll, I could escape with a victory... or not. Like before, I only have one move option... just gotta hope that those hax gods up there are with me and not him. :)​

Hidden Machine: HIT
Vrai: WAKE UP

Turn 30

Magnezone is fast asleep!

The foe's Tangrowth used Focus Blast!
It's super-effective! Magnezone lost 58% of its health!

Magnezone fainted!

Hidden Machine won the battle!
warstory-image.php

...ooof. I WAS SO CLOSE URGHDKNVCZK but seriously though, it was a great game. I just wish Lady Luck fancied me a little more. >:<

Looking over this as I'm about to post it, I sorta wished I picked a better match to log: there's a lot of hax and I maintained momentum for most of the match but I still think it's a good enough match to post and serve as an example in the future. It was really fun working with this log and aesoft's log help stuff (you guys should try it!).​

MVP:

Honestly, who didn't hold up their weight in this match? (except maybe Latios...........) All of them really contributed and showed up at the right time to get something done. Dragonite blew a hole in what I expected to be the biggest threat early on, Excadrill; Haxorus lived an Excadrill EQ and finished it off after mauling Quagsire; Magnezone provided endless momentum with Volt Switch and eventually even blew through a weakened Blissey; Abomasnow took a nap early on but came back at the perfect moment to nearly give me the victory; and Latios... yeah, I dunno either. Latios you were a dud. :|

So instead, I'll just hand this MVP trophy to my favorite Pokemon on the team:
612_happy_haxorus_by_raizy-d4a13lt.png

...just look how happy he is! :3​

All feedback and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading (and hopefully I'll be coming out with another old one soon ;D)!

Last edited:
Years
TANGROWTH THE GREATEST.

Haha, either way, this was a really great team and both teams [Especially Hidden's xoxo] were really cute. I honestly don't remember having a battle this good in a while and the layout of the log is awesome, too.

10/10 imo.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
Good formatting, average battle, good commentary.

Tangrowth was p cool, there was a lot of hax though, and it really dragged the quality down. Props on the formatting (lol aesoft so goodth) and good comments.

7/10

oh and haxorus vs quagsire was ok though i laughed more when oppo did it

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
TANGROWTH THE GREATEST.

Haha, either way, this was a really great team and both teams [Especially Hidden's xoxo] were really cute. I honestly don't remember having a battle this good in a while and the layout of the log is awesome, too.

10/10 imo.

Thank you sir. :)

Good formatting, average battle, good commentary.

Tangrowth was p cool, there was a lot of hax though, and it really dragged the quality down. Props on the formatting (lol aesoft so goodth) and good comments.

7/10

oh and haxorus vs quagsire was ok though i laughed more when oppo did it

Haha, thanks. I do agree tbh, but I've had this battle halfway done for so long I just had to finish it to get it out of here. I'll have a far better battle done eventually. 8)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Shell Smash Cloyster/SD Cacturne/Hidden Rocks why 6-0 !!!!????????????????????????

lol

Loved the format and nice see someone use Abomasnow effectively/actually outplay/outpredicted the opponent lol.

Back