• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashitaka

Spirit of Snorlax
Years
I live in the USA, so we have Daylight Savings Time during the summer. Yesterday, when I changed my DS's time back one hour to account for DST ending, Join Avenue became sold out of all items and services. I figured it would be a one-time deal, maybe something they put in to keep people from getting extra stuff by messing with the clock, but now it's after midnight on the following day and everything is still sold out and no people are walking through the avenue (so I can't recommend shops to them and level the place up). Anyone else run into this problem?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I live in the USA, so we have Daylight Savings Time during the summer. Yesterday, when I changed my DS's time back one hour to account for DST ending, Join Avenue became sold out of all items and services. I figured it would be a one-time deal, maybe something they put in to keep people from getting extra stuff by messing with the clock, but now it's after midnight on the following day and everything is still sold out and no people are walking through the avenue (so I can't recommend shops to them and level the place up). Anyone else run into this problem?

You have to wait for two midnights to pass, then it will go back to normal.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I think its the same encounter rate for the regular Pokemon and then another % of them being N's.

I found almost all of them fairly easy...the four in the desert refuse to appear so I dunno if its set or random chance encounter.
So that's why... I'm also having problems with finding N's Desert Pokémon... I found Sandile and Darmantian, though...
Guess I'm gonna look for the others and come back.

iAML33T

Obsessed Trainer
Years
I don't know if this is just me, but in the outside grassy area with the doctor at victory road I suddenly have a whole heap of Altarias. Every encounter is one of them! I have trained my Excadrill here a fair few times and until today never saw an Altaria in the game.
Did I just not come across it before or is it something special-ish? Anybody else have that?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I don't know if this is just me, but in the outside grassy area with the doctor at victory road I suddenly have a whole heap of Altarias. Every encounter is one of them! I have trained my Excadrill here a fair few times and until today never saw an Altaria in the game.
Did I just not come across it before or is it something special-ish? Anybody else have that?

Nah, the only two Pokemon in that area are Tranquil and Altaria, Altaria having a 20% encounter rate in that spot. All the areas in Victory Road now only have two Pokemon that appear by normal means of travel (walking, running, biking), and more than that by means of shaking grass or dust clouds.

iAML33T

Obsessed Trainer
Years
Oh okay, thanks for that. I just thought it was weird I had never seen them, and then suddenly they were all I was getting haha :)

phonastik

Strange Quark
Years
For the Exp. Millionaire medal, do you have to get 1000000 exp on just one Pokemon, or can it be spread out over multiple Pokemon? Because if it's the first one... *shudder*

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
For the Exp. Millionaire medal, do you have to get 1000000 exp on just one Pokemon, or can it be spread out over multiple Pokemon? Because if it's the first one... *shudder*

In Serebii I found this "Earn over 1,000,000 EXP in one day."
I think it's clear, but it's okay if you do it with different Pokemon.

darkwaters93

Ninja Vaporeon
Years
Help with Medals?

Hi, I have been trying FOREVER to get a few of the medals but i cant figure out how.

here are some of them that im having touble with (the following may contain possible spoilers to the game):
Spoiler:

If someone can help me it'd be really appreciated.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hi, I have been trying FOREVER to get a few of the medals but i cant figure out how.

here are some of them that im having touble with (the following may contain possible spoilers to the game):
Spoiler:

For the graffiti on the signboards, I don't think I have ever come across anything like that. I've seen a medal about Trainer Tips signs, though. Could it be talking about that instead?

And for the faceboard in Humilau City, you should be able to. If you walk straight up to the hole in the board, a man and a lady/a man and a gothorita will walk up. The lady/gothorita will stand next to you stick its face in the other hole, and the man will take a picture. You can do this everyday.

Hope I helped!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Spoiler:

For the graffiti on the signboards, I don't think I have ever come across anything like that. I've seen a medal about Trainer Tips signs, though. Could it be talking about that instead?

And for the faceboard in Humilau City, you should be able to. If you walk straight up to the hole in the board, a man and a lady/a man and a gothorita will walk up. The lady/gothorita will stand next to you stick its face in the other hole, and the man will take a picture. You can do this everyday.

Hope I helped!

Huh. i've been looking for graffiti this whole time and I still didn't find it.

The Graffiti is on the back of a sign on Route 2.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Does N give you Waterfall before or after you defeat the E4? I will not survive the E4 without a lovely Gliscor by my side. i must has :(

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
Years
Did anyone here receive a female Eevee from Fennel's assistant in Castelia City? If you have, would anyone mind letting me "borrow" their Eevee to breed some hidden ability Eevee of my own :P

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
Years
And quick tip! If you haven't gotten you're Eevee from Fennel's assistant yet, before you talk to her, save so that you can reset your game until the Eevee she gives you is a female. I would recommend getting a female one so that you can breed lots of Eevee with a hidden ability. Espeon with Magic Bounce anyone?

You might want to use the Quick Trade Thread for that, where someone should be able to trade you one.
Ok thanks! I wasn't quite sure which thread I should post my question :)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
As far as I know, no it's not. The only Pokemon that are are N's Pokemon, Hidden Grotto stuff, events (Keldeo, Genesect), gift Pokemon (excluding starter), Reshiram, and Zekrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back