• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 6] Ash Ketchum's Second Journey through Kalos [Ash Run Challenge]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
2X1njnp.png

INTRODUCTION

Hello and welcome to my Ash run in Pokemon Y! I did this challenge back on White a few years ago with his Unova team but never finished it. Decided that I will be trying this again with his Kalos team with this thread as motivation to keep it going and beat it this time! If it isn't obvious by the name of the run the point of it is to go through Kalos with Ash's Team. Not just that, but using and evolving his Pokemon at the major points, just like in the anime. Because of the rules set in place for this run I had decided to put it here in Challenge Runs as, to me, it's considered a challenge!

So time for Ash to go through Kalos again both the same and yet much different than his last journey through the region! But first, rules.

RULES

• You must have Pikachu as soon as you possibly can (or hack Pikachu in). If the starter is not the second Pokemon he catches you must box starter until he catches it in the anime.
  • Must use the team that Ash used (obviously).
  • Pokemon must have the same moveset as they did. If I need to temp trade a Pokemon over to get a move from a TM not yet obtainable then I may but all Pokemon must have their full set by the time the team is complete.
  • Must catch or somehow receive all Pokemon when he does. If I must trade an egg over so he can receive said Pokemon I may*
  • All Pokemon must evolve around the time his did in Kalos (so between x and x gym or on x Route if specified).
  • You must release (or box) any Pokemon Ash releases at the time he does (or box it if it comes back, so Goodra will be boxes after Clemont).
  • For each Gym you must only use the Pokemon that he used for the gym battle

*In Noibat's case I will be trading it over from an egg regardless instead of catching it because he received Noibat from an Egg. All other Pokemon should be able to be received when he did (the only one I'm not sure is Goomy I'll figure that out before it's time for it to join the team).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
FIRST UPDATE

A few notes before we begin:
- I caught Pikachu in Santalune Forest and immediately traded him over to ORAS so he can learn his full moveset. In the narration that I plan on doing though Pikachu will have been there from the beginning.
- This run will be narrated by Ash sorry not sorry at all. Narration will be a mix of game events and anime events to explain things like Goodra leaving and such.

That said let's begin!

40px-Bug_Badge.png

Hey! I'm Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town! Not that long ago I traveled through the Kalos region where I met lots of new Pokemon and met lots of new friends! Right now I'm in Alola, or at least that's what I thought. I don't remember anything happenin' but for some reason Pikachu and I are back in the Kalos region! Not only that, but someone who said was my mom was also there when I woke up. It was really weird! I went outside to see what was goin' on but right when I opened the door there was Serena and Shauna! Or well ... people who looked like Serena and Shauna. Maybe I'm in some kinda of alternate world, like when Pikachu and I went to that Mirror World, or that one world with Zeraora? Maybe Tapu Koko has something to do with this! But the more I thought 'bout it the more I had this feelin' that I should be goin' on another journey through Kalos.

Maybe that's why Serena and Shauna wanted me to come to the next town for my starter Pokemon! Pikachu and I decided ta play along and followed them to the next town where we met Trenor and Tierno again! They wanted ta give me some kind of nickname but I told 'em just to call me Ash. I didn't need them ta call me a nickname if they didn't before!

Anyways after that Tierno pulled out three Pokeballs that Professor Sycamore gave him to give to us and told us to choose. My choice was easy I wasn't gonna go through Kalos again without Froakie! Welcome to the team again buddy! After I got Froakie I was told to give this letter to my mom. Or well.. "Mom". Still kinda weird ta think that I have a mom here and did I mention that she looks exactly like Serena's mom? It makes it even weirder! But if she's my so called Mom I guess I gotta do what they say and give her the letter. But not before a battle with Shauna! She picked Fennekin and Serena picked Chespin. Gonna be weird seeing Serena with a Pokemon Clemont had!

After Froakie and my battle with Shauna we went to deliver the letter to mom! According to her it was some kinda letter from Professor Sycamore for me to go on a journey! So I guess I was right! I dunno why Tapu Koko, or whoever did this, but I can't turn down another journey! Maybe I'll find my way back to Alola if I do! So after talkin' ta mom Pikachu, Froakie, and I finally left and headed out to Santalune City. We know 'xactly what we're gonna here. Win all eight badges startin' with Alexa!

But first we had ta go through the Santalune Forest. Thankfully Shauna stayed with us and everyone else was in the forest. Otherwise we probably would have gotten lost! While we were in the forest we ran into Fletchling. It didn't steal any berries from us, but something told me ta catch it so it can become part of my team again. So welcome back Fletchling!! It's great ta have ya again!

Once we got out of the forest Serena said something 'bout facing the gym! I guess unlike the Serena I know she likes gym battles too? After that we all parted and Pikachu and I got to Santalune City as soon as we can and went straight to the gym! The only thing stoppin' us was someone who wanted ta give us rollerblades after a battle. But we quickly beat them and got the rollarblades. Cool, I guess!

The Gym here was a lot different than the one I remember from Kalos. Instead of just fightin' the gym leader ya gotta go through some kind of puzzle and fight a few trainers before reachin' the Gym Leader. But neither were a match for me and my team! In no time at all we were right in front of Alexa challenging her to another battle! I decided ta use Pikachu and Fletchling, just like before. After beatin' her one time it wasn't hard ta beat her a second time and just like that we got our first badge!

This Kalos is already a lot different than the Kalos I remember and it's kinda weird not having anyone traveling with us, but Pikachu and I will make it through Kalos and find our way back home, we'll make sure of it! We're 'bout to leave Santalune City and hurry to the next city so we can fight Grant again! Can't wait!

PIKACHU
Electric
Rash | Static | Level 13
Quick Attack, Electro Ball, Iron Tail, Thunderbolt
FROAKIE
Water
Adamant | Torrent | Level 12
Pound, Lick, Bubble, Quick Attack
FLETCHLING
Normal/Flying
Serious | Big Pecks | Level 14
Tackle, Agility, Quick Attack, Peck

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
SECOND UPDATE

Note:
- I normally do one entry between each gym, but since XY's pacing is wack and there is a lot between the first gym and second gym I'm doing two updates for the sake of the narration. Otherwise the one update would be extremely long haha. That said!
- I'm not mentioning picking a starter from the Professor because I don't know how to really narrate that so it didn't happen shh.
- Also for the sake of narration i'm not going to talk about how Froakie and Fletchling keep making me press the B button.

40px-Bug_Badge.png

So right when Pikachu and I were 'bout to leave Santalune City we met up with Alexa! To be honest it was kinda strange meetin' her for the first time and not in Unova. But when we met she gave up some device to help all my Pokemon get more powerful! I'm sure it's gonna help us a lot on our journey!

Soon enough we were almost to Lumiose City! I wonder if I'll be able ta see and battle Clemont this time without havin' ta go get other badges first! I mean, there can't be a power outage this time too, right? Before we got to Lumiose City we met up with two of the Professor's assistants. Sounds like we're 'bout to meet him again, I can't wait! Pikachu and I followed 'em into the city and right to the lab, even though I wanted to go and see if I could battle Clemont! I guess Clemont can wait just a bit longer. When I got to Lumoise Shauna and Serena were there too! So we all went in ta meet the Professor. Eventually Tierno and Trevor caught up with us!

After the Professor introduced himself we battled him! It was really fun battling him as he used the three Kanto starters! After we won he then talked about Mega Evolution. Shauna and Serena didn't seem ta know much about it. Maybe this Kalos hasn't researched it as much as the Kalos I know? Well, after we spoke with the Professor, Serena wanted me ta meet her at a cafe. I was just 'bout to leave the building and you wouldn't believe who I saw! Lysandre! I wonder if he's up to no good here too! I'm gonna havta keep an eye on him. But for now I should see what Serena wanted ta talk about. So with Shauna's help I found the cafe that she was talkin' about...

Only to walk in and see Diantha and Lysandre again! They were talkin' ta each other 'bout something. I think it was about the world becoming ugly? Lysandra must be up ta somethin' but I could say anything and before I knew it they left. But now before Diantha introduced herself! Not as the Champion of the Kalos region. Just an actor. Soon she left, and Serena and I finally talked. Serena wanted ta become my rival! She's really a lot different from the Serena I know, but she's just as cool as her too! I can't wait to battle Serena and see what kinda Pokemon she gets here!

Right after Serena left though I finally went to see if I could go battle Clemont! ... 'Cept I couldn't because there was an outage. I can't believe that there is an outage in this Kalos too! I guess I'll be comin' back to face Clemont some other time ... But for now it's time ta move on and get to my next gym then!

But not before battling again Tierno and his Corphish. We beat 'em, but the dancing moves they had were really cool, just like before! After that we finally stopped by the town with Snorlax sleepin' in the middle of the bridge on the next route. It's better than sleepin' in the middle of the village, but it's still in the way! And just like in the Kalos I know the guy who ran the palace had the PokeFlute! So Shauna and I went ta go see if we could go and get the Pokeflute back. Hopefully it's a lot easier than the last time I had ta get the Pokeflute...

We had ta pay ta get in, but getting the Pokeflute back was a lot easier! The owner of the Palace wasn't any nicer, but all we had ta go was find his Furfrou! When we did he celebrated with fireworks and Shauna was very happy to be on a journey. Even tho this is all kinda weird I havta agree with her! It's been fun so far and I hope ta travel more with Shauna, Trevor, Tierno, and Serena and learn all kinds o' things about his Kalos!

After we got the Pokeflute we went back ta the Snorlax and the guy played the flute to wake it up! Then we sent it back to the mountain once again! And the guy got to keep the Flute which was really nice! With Snorlax out of the way there was nothin' stopping Pikachu and me from moving on to our next gym badge!

'Cept the Battle Chateau. We can't forget about that! Pikachu and I went straight in and we were greeted by Viola, almost like last time! 'Cept this time Grant wasn't there and right when I walked in I was given a title. Just like that! They said if I fought more trainers I can gain more titles so I went and fought everyone I could and before I left we became a Viscount! Seems like getting more titles is a lot easier at this one than the other Kalos!

After we left the Battle Chateau we met Serena, Tierno, and Trevor at the end of the route! Serena wanted ta do a double battle so we fought against Tierno and Trevor. It was a really fun match, and Serena and me came out victorious! We all couldn't wait ta be able to get stronger and battle again! With that in our mind Pikachu and I made our way through the Zubat Cave and right into the Professor's lab assistants again. They had ta update my Pokedex so it could have the Pokemon in this region.

So with Pikachu, Froakie, Fletchling, and my updated Pokedex, we're on our way to the next town, and then after that it's the city with Grant's gym! Can't wait!

PIKACHU
Electric
Rash | Static
Level 25
FROAKIE
Water
Adamant | Torrent
Level 25
Pound, Water Pulse, Bubble, Quick Attack
FLETCHLING
Normal/Flying
Serious | Big Pecks
Level 24
Roost, Agility, Quick Attack, Peck

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
THIRD UPDATE

Notes:
- not going to mentioning choosing a fossil for same reason why we didn't say anything about choosing a kanto starter
- fletchinder technically evolved before the sky battle bc fletchling can't face sky battles but shh just let the narrative be what it is
- froakie is holding an everstone because that's one less pokemon i'll have to press b for haha. obviously isn't holding it in a narrative, though.

40px-Bug_Badge.png
40px-Cliff_Badge.png

The moment we got to Ambrette Town we ran into Serena who wanted us to go to the Laboratory! She said that they were able ta revive fossil and that they might have somethin' ta do with Mega Evolution. I wanted ta go on to the next town so I can fight the gym, but I couldn't say no to Serena! Pikachu and I followed her to the Laboratory and learned that they were lookin' for fossils at the Glittering Cave. Serena didn't seem ta interested until the professor said that they might have something on Mega Evolution, so we decided ta go to the Glittering Cave and meet up with the assistant.

On our way there we were able to ride a Rhyhorn! It was a lot different than the last time we rode on in Kalos, but it was still really fun and in no time at all we were right in front of the cave! They were a little confusin' but eventually we go to the end only to encounter Team Flare! I dunno what they're doin' in the caves but they had to be up to no good! Maybe ta get the fossils that the assistant was looking for? Well, Pikachu and I with our team put a stop to them, and Serena even helped out when two of 'em tried to fight us! After we stopped Team Flare we found the assistant and told us about the fossils he found and was gonna revive! Nothing about Mega Evolution, but it was good experience and it's a good thing we were there to stop Team Flare!

After we left the Glittering Cave we were finally able to go onto to Cyllage City! The moment we got there we went straight for thee gym so we can face Grant again! His gym was a lot more like the gym that he had back home. I still had ta climb up a rock wall in order ta get to him! Of course there was one big difference and it was all the other trainers there, but we beat them all and got to Grant in no time!

Grant's team was a little different than the team he had back home. Instead of Onix he had Amaura and it was no pushover! It quickly took out Fletchling and although Pikachu tried his best he was also taken down by Amaura! So it was down to just me a Froakie. Froakie took down Amaura and just like the other Grant he had a Tyrunt. It was a close call, but thankfully Water Pulse was able to confuse it so we were able to take it down with a very close call! Now we got two badges in this new Kalos!

After we went ta the Pokemon Center we stopped by the Cycling Shop and they gave us a bike! We chose Yellow just like the color of Pikachu! Now we'll be able ta get to our next badges even quicker than we could before! Our next badge is Korrina, so we gotta make sure we're prepared for that.

We started ta head out to the next town but while we were on our way Team Flare was there again! For some reason they seemed really interested in the stones, dunno why. When we got ta the next town we tried to follow one of their members but they went ta some dead end and they were nowhere ta be found. Weird. We'll have ta just keep a close eye on 'em ta make sure they don't cause any more trouble!

Before we left for the next town we ran into none other than Korrina herself! She had two Lucarios and she wanted ta face us with them. Of course we couldn't turn her down! Even though she had two we were able ta defeat her , though I think things might've been different if she mega-evolved her Lucario. To prepare for that we went back ta do some training and that's when we met up with our buddy Hawlucha again! Welcome back!

After Hawlucha joined us we decided ta move on so we can start goin' ta the next town. During a sky battle Fletchling had evolved into Fletchinder! Now we're definitely gonna be able to take Korrina down! But first we gotta go through the Reflection Cave. I wonder if anythin' weird is gonna happen in them again? We're about ta find out!

PIKACHU
Electric
Rash | Static
Level 34
FROAKIE
Water
Adamant | Torrent
Level 34 @ Everstone
Pound, Water Pulse, Bubble, Quick Attack
FLETCHINDER
Normal/Flying
Serious | Flame Body
Level 35
Roost, Razor Wind, Flame Charge, Peck
HAWLUCHA
Fighting/Flying
Careful | Limber
Level 21
Karate Chop, Wing Attack, Roost, Aerial Ace

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
FOURTH UPDATE

Notes:
- not gonna mention being offered lucario in narrative
- lapras is being used as a slave but not gonna mention that either
- goomy was brought over to the game as an egg but in narrative it it will be found
- i had to go all the way back to connecting cave for Aerial Ace but for sake of narrative Frogadier got it when it evolved like in the anime lol

40px-Bug_Badge.png
40px-Cliff_Badge.png
40px-Rumble_Badge.png
40px-Plant_Badge.png

Thankfully nothin' weird happened in the Reflection Cave! We met Tierno there 'cause right before we went in we got a message from the Professor to go and see the Mega Evolution Guru in Shalour City! We went through the cave with no problem and right after we finished healin' at the Pokemon Center we went straight ta the Tower of Mystery! Well, almost. We went ta the gym first ta see if Korrina would be there but she was at the Tower of Mystery! We saw her and met the Mega Evolution Guru right when we walked in.

Shauna and Serena were a lil late but once everyone got together he started ta explain Mega Evolution! All of this was all stuff I knew, but they had a Megaring that they wanted ta give to one of us! I wanted ta decline since I wasn't part of this world originally, but Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor wanted me and Serena ta battle for it. I couldn't say no to that so Serena and I battled and I won! So I got the Megaring even though I dunno if I'm gonna be using it... I hope Serena gets one for herself one day because she deserves it, of course!

After that it was finally time to go and face Korrina again! It was quite a different match than the gym battle with her back home. She wasn't using Lucario in it and instead had a Hawlucha! Pikachu, Fletchinder, and Hawlucha all did a great job during the battle and we won our third badge here in this new Kalos region! After the battle Korrina wanted ta battle us again, but with Lucario. And of course, Pikachu and I couldn't say no to that!

The moment we got ta the top of the Tower of Mystery our battle began! It was intense, but eventually we won and Korrina congratulated us as people who can now use Mega Evolution! Again, I dunno if I'll be using it here, but ya never know! Now that were done battlin' Korrina it was time ta head to the next gym!

On our way there Froakie had evolved into Frogadier and learned a new move, Aerial Ace! Just like before! That's gonna come in handy when we face our next gym leader, Ramos! After Frogadier evolved we spent some time playing with some Skiddo and as we were leaving we ran into Goomy! Welcome back ta the team!

Before we knew it we were in Coumarine City where we got a message from Serena. She wanted ta meet in front of the gym for a battle! We could never turn down a battle, especially with a rival, so Pikachu and I quickly made our ways to the gym to battle Serena again! And once again we came out on top! She's definitely gettin' strong though. I'm sure she'll get a Megaring in no time!

After our battle with Serena we went into the gym so we can face Ramos! But before we can do that we had ta climb up the tree in order ta reach him. It was really fun battlin' all the trainers and swinging on the vines! And the next thing we knew, we were right there ready to face him. Unlike Korrina he had th' same team he had last time I battled him. Fletchinder took care of his Jumpluff and Hawlucha took down his Weepinbell! And of course, Frogadier took down his Gogoat just like last time! We have our fourth badge and now it's time ta see if we can battle Clemont, I can't wait!

But first we gotta go though the badlands. I hope nothin' bad happens while we're trying ta get back to Lumoise!

PIKACHU
Electric
Rash | Static
Level 44 @ Eviolite
FROGADIER
Water
Adamant | Torrent
Level 43 @ Splash Plate
Aerial Ace, Water Pulse, Bubble, Cut
FLETCHINDER
Normal/Flying
Serious | Flame Body
Level 35
Roost, Razor Wind, Flame Charge, Acrobatics
HAWLUCHA
Fighting/Flying
Careful | Limber
Level 38 @ Black Belt
Karate Chop, Wing Attack, Roost, Flying Press
GOOMY
Dragon
Mild | Hydration
Level 28 @ Lucky Egg
Dragon Breath, Bubble, Rain Dance, Bide

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
FIFTH UPDATE

Notes:
- grinding goomy was hard for it to be boxed after one battle oof
- fletchinder and hawlucha have their moves for valerie already. not going to mention in narrative so figured it's not a big deal
- obv goodra's "release" isn't something that happens in the game but ... had to think of something

40px-Bug_Badge.png
40px-Cliff_Badge.png
40px-Rumble_Badge.png
40px-Plant_Badge.png
40px-Voltage_Badge.png

While we were in the badlands we learned that somethin' was up at the Power Plant! We went ta investigate and Team Flare were there messin' things up again! At the Kalos back home it was Team Rocket, this time it's these guys! After battlin' this one Flare member he dropped his key so Pikachu and I found it and snuck into the building. We were spotted right when we got in, but we defeated that grunt too and went ta speak to the people who were trapped there. Of course, we decided that we weren't gonna leave until we got rid of Team Flare!

We made our way ta the center of the Power Plant where there was I think a higher up and some scientist? I dunno. We defeated the guy and his Houndoom. After we defeated him we got into a battle with the scientist! I think her name was Aliana? She was th' one that took over the power plant 'cause they wanted their energy for somethin'. Whatever it could be we gotta make sure that they don't get that energy!

After we defeated her Team Flare left. Then two people in masks came! They called themselves the Defenders of Kalos and were surprised that we took care of 'em before they got there! They seemed pretty cool maybe next time we'll team up together and fight against Team Flare! Though I hope instead they stop causing trouble ...

We left the power plant and when we got to Lumoise we learned that the power is working again! We met up with Shauna and she wanted ta go see the tower light up. It was really pretty last time we saw it so of course we were gonna watch it again! When we got to the tower guess who we saw. Clemont and Bonnie too! And in this Kalos Shauna is friends with 'em that's really cool!

Together we all watched the lights turn on (Clemont even said his phrase that he was always sayin' back home! I wonder what him and Bonnie are up ta now, when I think about it. I miss 'em!) Once the lights turn on Bonnie and Clemont said they were gonna wait for me at the gym but Pikachu and I decided that before we face off against Clemont that we were gonna train. This is one battle I didn't want ta go in unprepared!

While we were training Goomy had evolved into a Sliggoo! It was tough for Goomy, since it had a hard time attackin', but one it became a Sliggoo it became a lot more powerful. In fact, while we were training a little more it started raining and Sliggoo evolved into Goodra. Now we're prepared ta take on anything that Clemont throws at us!

We went back ta the gym but before we could fight Clemont Bonnie wanted us ta take some quizzes. Thankfully the questions were all easy (the first one was Pikachu!) and we won against all th' trainers that we had ta fight. Next thing we know we were at the top ready to face off against Clemont.

His team was really different that I expected! Instead of usin' any of the Pokemon the Clemont I traveled with he had Heliolisk, Emolga, and Magneton. I remember seein' Heliolisk and Magneton at Clemont's gym back home, but I didn't expect Emolga! But even though we were caught by surprised Pikachu, Hawlucha, and Goodra were all able ta take him down and win us the Voltage Badge! Just a few more badges to go!

But before we were able ta make our way to the next city we got a message from the Professor to meet up in... Lysandre's Cafe? I Didn't know he had one, but Pikachu and I figured we ought ta be cautious 'cause of who Lysandra was back home ... but the Professor asked us so we couldn't say no! So we went, and the Professor told us who made the Holo Casters: Lysandre himself! Lysandre was also there! He talked 'bout the legend of the King who had an ultimate weapon who destroyed Kalos and y'know that feeling when ya know somethin' is up? I totally got that from Lysandre! He must be up ta somethin' why else would we be runnin' into Team Flare?

We're gonna haveta try ta keep an eye on him, but for now after we left the cafe Trevor told us ta meet up with him and everyone else! So Pikachu and I decided we would caught up with 'em and when we got there Serena asked us for a battle! Once again we won, and tho Shauna mentioned a haunted house they wanted ta investigate Serena left to go spend time with her Pokemon.

Haunted house ... I wonder if it's the same one Clemont, Serena, Bonnie, and me went ta before? There's only one way to find out! But before we were able ta make our way to the house we ran into a bunch of Goodra's friends, just like home! I guess this is where Goodra was from, before ...

Goodra decided ta stay behind in order to protect it's friends. After all, ya never know what could happen especially with Team Flare doin' stuff they're not 'ppose ta. And maybe Goodra will meet up with us again for the League. Let's hope! But 'til then it's time ta head ta that Haunted House and see what's up with it!

PIKACHU
Electric
Rash | Static
Level 49 @ Eviolite
FROGADIER
Water
Adamant | Torrent
Level 48 @ Splash Plate
Aerial Ace, Water Pulse, Double Team, Cut
FLETCHINDER
Normal/Flying
Serious | Flame Body
Level 48
Steel Wing, Razor Wind, Flame Charge, Acrobatics
HAWLUCHA
Fighting/Flying
Careful | Limber
Level 44 @ Lucky Egg
Karate Chop, High Jump Kick, X-Scissor, Flying Press

RELEASED
GOODRA
Dragon
Mild | Hydration
Level 50
Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse, Rain Dance, Bide

Years
I love this! It reminds me of the time I've played Ash Gray ROM Hack and only used Ash's original team and evolved only when they evolved in the anime. I remember spending eternity grinding Krabby and Muk so they can take on league. I recently downloaded Fire Ash Fan Game and I plan on playing in the same fashion. Good luck on finishing this run.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I love this! It reminds me of the time I've played Ash Gray ROM Hack and only used Ash's original team and evolved only when they evolved in the anime. I remember spending eternity grinding Krabby and Muk so they can take on league. I recently downloaded Fire Ash Fan Game and I plan on playing in the same fashion. Good luck on finishing this run.

aaa i'm glad you're enjoying it! i've heard of that hack and i thought about doing it sometime, it must've been fun to follow his team on that! when you do the other hack i definitely want to see your run and follow it! i'm enjoying this run a lot so i'm hoping i see it to the end! already have ideas of how i'm going to do the league haha.

btw i forgot to include this in the narration when i got to courmarine (it was rly late at night) but this totally happened bc it's what i always think about whenever i heard said song. :')

actual update coming tonight probs!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
SIXTH UPDATE

Notes:
- noibat egg wasn't found by hawlucha obviously but for sake of narration it was
- small update this time. though depending on if i play tonight there may or may not be another one before bed oop. we'll see huh.

40px-Bug_Badge.png
40px-Cliff_Badge.png
40px-Rumble_Badge.png
40px-Plant_Badge.png
40px-Voltage_Badge.png
40px-Fairy_Badge.png

The Haunted House was a lot different from the one that Clemont, Serena, Bonnie and Me went to back home. Instead of an actual haunted house there was just a guy tellin' stories. I was kinda scary but Shauna didn't seem ta enjoy it very much. After we left the haunted house we decided ta move on and continue our journey! Onto Laverre City!

Once we got there we immediately went ta the gym to face off against Valerie! This battle was actually kinda tough, and she had different Pokemon than th' time I fought her at home. She had a Sylveon, but instead of a Spritzee she had a Mawile and a Mr. Mime! Fletchinder was able ta take out the Mawile and the Mr. Mime easily. Hawlucha then tried ta take down Sylveon but he missed his High Jump Kick! Fletchinder was brought back out and it was able ta finish Sylveon off. Just two more badges to go!

When we left ta gym we can into Trevor and Shauna who wanted ta meet up at the Pokeball Factory for a tour! I remember the factory in the other Kalos and also remembered Team Rocket capturing Pikachu, so I hope that this trip will be a lot more peaceful! On our way there Hawlucha found an egg, just like before! We couldn't figure out what kinda o' egg it could be though, since it was just white and green. So we had Fletchinder use its ability on the egg and it hatched a Noibat! Hey, welcome back Noibat! It's good ta see you again.

After Noibat hatched we made our way ta the Pokeball Factory and met up with Serena and Tierno. Apparently Team Flare was there blocking the exit! Shauna got the guard ta chase after her so while he was away Serena and I snuck in ta take care of Team Flare again. First the Power Plan and now the Pokeball Factory. What is it that Team Flare is doin'? If it's anything like back home then... we gotta stop them!

We made it ta the back of the factory where there was an admin and yet another two scientists demanding something from the boss! I think they also asked him if he wanted ta join but of course he said no! Not when they're stealing Pokeballs! One of the members of Team Flare noticed us and challenged us to a battle. We quickly took her out and the two scientists were gonna fight us next! But Serena came and fought on our side again, thanks Serena! The scientists names were Celosia and Bryony. After we took care of 'em they said somethin' about having enough pokeballs and left. Serena commented th' same thing I thought 'bout the power plant and pokeball factory. What is it that they're gonna do ...

Although we couldn't get a tour of the Pokeball Factory at least we took down Team Flare again. When we left the Factory there was some special news on the Holo Chip that was brought up. It mentioned the attack on the Pokeball Factory. News spreads fast! Well, it's time for us ta continue our journey! We gotta get to Dendemille Town, and then on to Anistar City to battle Olympia and earn our seventh badge!

PIKACHU
Electric
Rash | Static
Level 52 @ Eviolite
FROGADIER
Water
Adamant | Torrent
Level 51 @ Splash Plate
FLETCHINDER
Normal/Flying
Serious | Flame Body
Level 51
Steel Wing, Razor Wind, Flame Charge, Acrobatics
HAWLUCHA
Fighting/Flying
Careful | Limber
Level 50 @ Black Belt
NOIBAT
Flying/Dragon
Hasty | Infiltrator
Level 21 @ Lucky Egg
Gust, Supersonic, Bite, Acrobatics

RELEASED
GOODRA
Dragon
Mild | Hydration
Level 50

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
SEVENTH UPDATE

Notes:
- nothing that stick out, i don't think. did go back to move reminder so talonflame could have brave bird earlier than level 64, in any case.
- true to the anime i actually lost a gym battle. not one ash lost but eyy.
- ok not gonna lie i'm pretty sure i'm missing events but this is what happens when i update a day after i stop playing a segment

40px-Bug_Badge.png
40px-Cliff_Badge.png
40px-Rumble_Badge.png
40px-Plant_Badge.png
40px-Voltage_Badge.png
40px-Fairy_Badge.png
40px-Psychic_Badge.png

Gettin' ta Dendemille Town wasn't hard at all! When we got there we met up with Professor Sycamore and talked ta 'im for a little bit. We told us about the Legendary pokemon Yveltal and the legends behind it. I remember seeing Yveltal once before back home and fighting it to help the Carbink... After that we wanted ta get to Anistar City but before we could get there and to our next gym we had to go and see where the Mamoswine was. We went ta the Frost Cavern and for some reason the Mamoswine seemed nervous that somethin' was going on inside. So Pikachu and I went ta go see what was up with Trevor who came with us after meetin' up with us in Dendemilla Town. When we got ta the back there was Team Flare again, trying to catch an Abomasnow! Trevor and I were able ta take with Team Flare together and learned that they wanted ta catch Abomasnow for Energy. What they wanna do with that energy concerns me ...

After we save the Abomasnow we were able to ride Mamoswine! So we went and rode Mamoswine though the snow and ta Anistar City! One we got there one of the Professor's assistants told us that there was someone in th' city that knew about the legendary Pokemon. I guess I should go an' talk ta them, but then I got a call from Serena to meet her in front of the gym to battle! So we went straight ta the gym and fought Serena again! Right after our battle Fletchinder evolved into Talonflame. Now we'll be able to take down Olympia!

Or so we thought. We took on Olympia but here she has three Pokemon. Talonflame and Fletchinder tried their best but Talonflame took too much damage during her Sigilyph and Frogadier couldn't defeat her Meowstic ... We regrouped and went ta try again, this time going all out from the beginning and it worked! Talonflame took down Sigilyph in one easy swoop and after Frogadier weakened Slowking Talonflame finished the job and took out her Meowstic too! Now we only have one more badge before the Kalos League!

But right after we left the gym we got a message from Lysandre. He was talkin' 'bout how everyone but Team Flare was gonna perish! I knew he was up ta no good here! I didn't know where we could find him, but Serena seemed ta have an idea. There was his Cafe back in Lumiose City so he has ta be there, right? Time ta go back and make sure we stop Team Flare's plans before they destroy Kalos!

PIKACHU
Electric
Rash | Static
Level 59 @ Eviolite
FROGADIER
Water
Adamant | Torrent
Level 57 @ Splash Plate
TALONFLAME
Normal/Flying
Serious | Flame Body
Level 58 @ Leftovers
Steel Wing, Razor Wind, Flame Charge, Brave Bird
HAWLUCHA
Fighting/Flying
Careful | Limber
Level 57 @ Black Belt
NOIBAT
Flying/Dragon
Hasty | Infiltrator
Level 42 @ Lucky Egg
Roost, Supersonic, Bite, Acrobatics

RELEASED
GOODRA
Dragon
Mild | Hydration
Level 50

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
EIGHTH UPDATE

Notes:
- Yvetzal wasn't caught it helped Ash like what Legendaries so and then left after dropping him off in narration
- I think I forgot AZ in the past narration but yes we did meet AZ earlier on route 14
- no gym badge because team flare stuff is a lot so didn't want to make this longer than it already is

40px-Bug_Badge.png
40px-Cliff_Badge.png
40px-Rumble_Badge.png
40px-Plant_Badge.png
40px-Voltage_Badge.png
40px-Fairy_Badge.png
40px-Psychic_Badge.png

When we got back ta Lumiose City the first thing we did was went ta the Cafe to find him! We didn't see him there, but we fought the waiter and waitress and gained some sort of password! There had ta be some sort of secret entrance so Pikachu and me looked around and we found it behind the bookcase. We said the password and went in only ta see Lysandre right there!

He explained his plans ta us and why he was doin' it but no matter what his reasons were Pikachu and I were gonna stop him! Besides, no matter how ugly the world may seem or how bad it may get there's always good things about it and it should never be destroyed! So we battled him and durin' our battle Frogadier turned into Greninja! It... doesn't seem like Greninja has its special powers like back home, but that's alright. Now that Greninja has evolved we'll no doubt be able ta take down Team Flare!

We made it through the base and found Lysandre with the really big guy we found before trapped in a cage! The guy started ta talk about the legend years ago about the man and his pokemon and when the pokemon died he tried ta resurrect it. After he was still angry and so he turned his machine into the ultimate weapon and that's the weapon that lysandre is tryin' ta use! It doesn't look like Zygarde has anything to do with his plans, but it sounds like another legendary does ...

Lysandre left and told us ta follow him into his office and even tho I wanted ta help the huge guy we had ta follow. I'm sure the Defenders of Kalos will come and help him because we saw them in the building while we were lookin' so we'll take down Lysandre while they're doin' that! When we went ta Lysandre's office there he was with his assistant and he told us if we picked the right button he wouldn't use the machine. We had ta defeat his assistant first so we battled 'im and after we won we chose the blue button! We were right! But the assistant started up the weapon anyways! We watched it show on a screen and we knew what we had ta do next!

So we had ta go all the way back to where the rocks were and we found their base there with Serena! Both of us made our way in and Lysandre was there waiting for us. He was talkin' 'bout how there was going to be no more Pokemon? We can't have a world without Pokemon! They're our friends and companions and we couldn't live without 'em! So once again I battled him but even that didn't stop him from continuing his plans. Seems th' only way were going to defeat him is ta release the Legendary Pokemon he has captive! So Serena and I started ta defeat all the Team Flare members that blocked our way as we made our way down. While we were headin' down Shauna caught up and ask if she could join us and help. I said yes, of course! Together we'll all defeat Team Flare and what they're doing! When we got ta the bottom Shauna used a puzzle breaker that Clemont gave her and even tho it broke after she used it we were able ta get in! Time to stop Lysandre once and for all!

We entered the room and there was some sort of big egg there waiting for us. But not just that a bunch of Team Flare admins! Shauna managed ta get one of them to chase after her and Serena followed Shauna, causing another one ta leave. That left us four ta defeat before we could help the Legendary. With Pikachu and the rest of my Pokemon on my side we were able ta defeat them no problem and while they were goin' ta get reinforcements the Legendary Pokemon woke up. It was none other than Yveltal! We battled it a little before we realized that it actually wanted ta help up! So of course we said yeah!

After it joined our side Shauna and Serena came back but before we could leave Lysandre came down with some weird machine on him. He was going to try to get Yveltal back so he can use it for the Ultimate weapon with all the other Pokemon he caught! So for one more time we were once again in a battle with him. He was really tough, but with Yveltal's help we were able to beat him once more, even though Mega Evolved his Gyarados! After we won we thought it was over but he started the Ultimate Weapon anyways! Shauna, Serena, and me all quickly made it out of the base and thankfully the weapon didn't destroy the world when he started it. It didn't have the energy for it!

And it wasn't just 'cause of us. It was thanks to everyone that helped! Serena, Shauna, even Trenor and Tierno they helped rescue the Pokemon while we were in the base tryin' ta stop Lysandre! The Defenders of Kalos too all of them deserve the credit! After everyone left the big huge guy came up ta us and talked about the man who lost his pokemon once more. He was sayin' that the man still lives and is wandering after being hit with the light from the ultimate weapon. I wonder .... nah, couldn't be, right?

Well, with Team Flare's plans stopped and Lysandre defeated it was time ta continue our journey! Yveltal helped us get back ta Anistar City before it flew off. Good luck ahead, Yveltal! It was really nice ta be on its side this time! Once we got ta Anistar City we got a message from the Professor ta meet him at Couriway Town, so we headed there next!

When we got there the Professor was waiting for us near a bridge. He apologized for Lysandre's actions, even though I don't think he had anything ta apologize for! After he did so though he asked us for another battle! He fought us with all three of the Kanto starters again, but fully evolved! It was a fun battle! After the Professor left we continued our way to Snowpoint City.

We were almost there when Shauna caught up ta us and asked us for a battle! I haven't fought her since the very beginning so of course I couldn't say no! After I battled Shauna Trevor and Tierno came and also wanted battles! So I battled them too and during the battles Noibat had evolved into Noivern! They all talked 'bout their experience with Team Flare and how fun the journey has been and I couldn't agree more! Even though it was tough beating Team Flare, traveling through Kalos again has been a lot of fun with 'em! I'm gonna miss these guys when I go back home. This Serena too!

Finally we make it to Snowpoint City. It's almost time for our final gym battle! I wonder if well be able ta beat him the first time we face him this time .... I'm sure we'll be able ta beat him though, I got faith in my and my team! And once we get that gym badge we'll fight the Kalos League and find our way back home to Alola!

PIKACHU
Electric
Rash | Static
Level 67 @ Eviolite
GRENINJA
Water
Adamant | Torrent
Level 64 @ Splash Plate
Aerial Ace, Water Shuriken, Double Team, Cut
TALONFLAME
Normal/Flying
Serious | Flame Body
Level 65 @ Leftovers
HAWLUCHA
Fighting/Flying
Careful | Limber
Level 64 @ Black Belt
NOIVERN
Flying/Dragon
Hasty | Infiltrator
Level 58 @ Lucky Egg
Roost, Supersonic, Boomburst, Acrobatics

RELEASED
GOODRA
Dragon
Mild | Hydration
Level 50

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
NINTH UPDATE

Notes:
- goodra coming back on the route is just part of narration you know the drill haha

40px-Bug_Badge.png
40px-Cliff_Badge.png
40px-Rumble_Badge.png
40px-Plant_Badge.png
40px-Voltage_Badge.png
40px-Fairy_Badge.png
40px-Psychic_Badge.png
40px-Iceberg_Badge.png

Before we could fave Wulfric we had ta go and find him in the forest so that's where Pikachu and me went out ta go do. It's a good thing we didn't get really lost otherwise we might've been in there for a really long time! Eventually tho we found a clearing of wild flowers and we saw Wulfric there with a few wild pokemon. They were Pokemon that were hurt by trainers and found their way there and such! The Wulfric here saw the connection me and my Pokemon had and told the wild Pokemon that we meant no harm! Then he told us he was gonna meet us at the gym! But before we go and face him we were told to think 'bout a few things with the Pokemon here so Pikachu and I spent some time with 'em. The Snorlax from much earlier I think was here and we got some items from some of the Pokemon. With these Pokemon and the things we thought of in mind Pikachu and I went ta go and get our last bagde!

And ... it was a rough one. Wulfric defeated us the first time. Once again his Avalugg just had too much defense! But this time I wasn't gonna beat myself over it. Instead we regrouped and faced him in a rematch! It was a close one, but with Hawlucha, Greninja, and Talonflame we received are eighth and final badge! Now we're headin' ta the Pokemon League! It sounds like this one is a lot different than the one were used ta. We'll find out when we get there!

On our way there we met up with Goodra again and it was ready ta join us and help us with the league! But before we could face the league we had ta get through this place called Victory Road. It was pretty tough, with a lotta tough trainers on it. About half-way there we met up with Serena and battled her once more! Her team was gettin' tougher each time we faced her, but in the end we won! After wishing us luck she went to go and train some more and we continued our way to the Pokemon League!

Soon enough, after more trainers, we finally got ta the Pokemon Center in front of the Pokemon League building! It seems like we can take on the league anytime we want, so Pikachu and I are plannin' ta do some last minute training, and then off we go ta face the league. Not much longer now until we head back home, buddy! And there's no way we're gonna lose with our friends by our side!

PIKACHU
Electric
Rash | Static
Level 72 @ Eviolite
GRENINJA
Water
Adamant | Torrent
Level 69 @ Splash Plate
TALONFLAME
Normal/Flying
Serious | Flame Body
Level 70 @ Leftovers
HAWLUCHA
Fighting/Flying
Careful | Limber
Level 69 @ Black Belt
NOIVERN
Flying/Dragon
Hasty | Infiltrator
Level 62
Dragon Claw, Supersonic, Boomburst, Acrobatics
GOODRA
Dragon
Mild | Hydration
Level 58 @ Lucky Egg
Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, Rain Dance, Bide

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
FINAL UPDATE

Notes:
- rules for the league were as followed:
1. cannot use more Pokemon than the elite four used
2. can substitute Pokemon (as it's commonly a rule in the anime)
3. cannot use items (but that's been a rule this whole let's play so lol)
4. each Pokemon must be used at least once during the league

the league wasn't difficult at all and boy did I have a really fun time during this! Hoenn is a possible one I can do so I might actually go through hoenn once i'm done with a few other runs so any of ya'll who liked this run be on the lookout for a future hoenn run! Thanks all who followed this at all!

40px-Bug_Badge.png
40px-Cliff_Badge.png
40px-Rumble_Badge.png
40px-Plant_Badge.png
40px-Voltage_Badge.png
40px-Fairy_Badge.png
40px-Psychic_Badge.png
40px-Iceberg_Badge.png

After a bit of trainin' our team was ready to go! So it turns out this league instead of fighting other trainers for th' chance to face the elite four you're facin' the elite four themselves! I never really got ta meet any of the elite four members in Kalos, so meetin' some of 'em for the first time was great! First up was Malva, who was a member of Team Flare and her team of Fire Pokemon! Greninja led the battle against her Pyroar and between Pikachu and Greninja we were able ta take down Malva! Next was the Elite Four with Water Pokemon, Siebold! Pikachu took out his Clawitzer and Gyarados, and then Hawlucha took down his Barbaracle! Goodra took down his Starmie and we won our second battle!

Next was the Dragon Trainer Drasna! Hawlucha fought hard against her Dragalge and even though we were at a disadvantage we still won with Hi-Jump Kick! Next Goodra easily took down both her Altaria and her Noivern and Noivern took out her Druddigon! Just one more to go until we face the Champion Diantha!

Wikstrom was a little bit tougher than the other Elite Four. It took a little bit but Talonflame took down his first Pokemon Klefki! Then, Hawlucha came in ta take down his Probopass! With Scizor Talonflame came back out to take it down with a Flame Charge and did his best ta beat Aegislash. But Aegislash was just a little more powerful and beat Talonflame. Maybe if I didn't try ta use Razor Wind ; I forgot that Aegislash was part Ghost! Thankfully Greninja was able ta finish it off! Time for the final battle, Diantha...

She always used her Gardevoir back home so I didn't know what ta expect for th' rest of her team. Just like me she had a Hawlucha and a Goodra! Her Hawlucha was taken down by Goodra and an Ice Beam attack! Once her Hawlucha was down I sent out my Hawlucha to take down both her Aurorus and Tyrantrum! Talonflame then took out both Gourgiest and Goodra and then it was down to Gardevoir! Of course, we can't battle Cynthia and not send out Pikachu! Pikachu fought against Mega Gardevoir and won and with that we became th' champions of the Kalos region! It's kinda surreal how different this Kalos is. How different everything was and becoming the champion here? No one is gonna believe me when I get back home!

After I became champion I wasn't able ta get back home yet. First there was a celebration on honor of me becoming champion and also 'cause me and everyone fought against Team Plasma so we got some kinda medal! After that, AZ came and asked as us ta battle him so he can see how it is ta be a trainer. Of course we has ta accept! After the battle ya can see his eyes soften as a bunch o' old things from the past went away and guess what? His old Pokemon from a very long time ago came back to him! I'm so glad that he and his Floette are together again!

Once th' party was over we went back home. We were told ta go and meet the Professor at the Lumoise City station so quickly we went ta go see what he wanted. Maybe a way home? It wasn't, but we were able to get access to a new place! Maybe there I can find some clues! Once I got there I fought the Battle Maison a little and searched around for a way back home. THis has been fun but we gotta get back home, after all!

We didn't find any clues but we did find Serena and she wanted to have a battle! It was a full six - on - six battle in the rain no less! It was the toughest battle yet with Serena, but thanks to Pikachu and all our friends we were able ta beat her one more time! After the battle we were told ta go to Anistar City for somethin' so we made our way alll the way over there ta see what's up.

When we got there I think we were supposed ta see the Professor but something else happened instead! There was a blinding light and next thing I know I'm back in Alola again! I guess that was our ticket home! None of my Pokemon that I had there seemed ta have been with me other than Pikachu, but maybe the Pokemon at Professor Oak's lab might have memories of that Kalos? Pikachu seems ta! But even though that journey was really fun it was time ta get back to our adventures in Alola. After all, th Pokemon League that Professor Kukui is gonna be on its way soon and we gotta be prepared! It's not gonna be anything like what we just experienced, but it'll be more like home!

PIKACHU
Electric
Rash | Static
Level 76 @ Eviolite
GRENINJA
Water
Adamant | Torrent
Level 72 @ Splash Plate
TALONFLAME
Fire/Flying