• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] A Sunfishy Gallery

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Hello, and welcome to this messy compilation of drawings, sprites, and whatnot :P
Feel free to look at the boring background as well :D
Most of my art here is related to fakemon. I'm a fakemon enthusiast!

Fakemon List!
dboyt3k-b6722d85-8885-4e90-a792-8fd7d418f39f.png

Fakemon Sprite List! (outdated)
Spoiler:

Fakedex Doodles (outdated):
Spoiler:

Other Fakedex: There's too much to count D:
This is mostly fakemon that are not in my dex yet, or are just here for whatever reason
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thanks for taking a gander, so feel free to critique, suggest, etc.
Have a happy day :D

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
Your gallery is very nice. My favorite would be the animated gif because it's so complex and i do like the kawaii look to it. I would work on your drawings since the heavy outline bothers me. I would try using a color that would blend into the image. Also, try to get rid of the sketchiness so it looks like a more finish pieced. Very nice gallery. Keep posting!

Fayriee

Your fakemons are really awesome. I adore the Masamunya the most, I think. It reminds me a lot of the Gerudo race from Legend of Zelda, what with the back story of having superior thievery skills and being from the desert. I also really like your little animated bunny-girl. It's so adorable! o3o;

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Thanks for the thoughts my friends!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Here's a sketch picture I did, which is quite ironic with my new talent of line art :U
Spoiler:

It's a bunch of weird characters from the game "Yume Nikki"

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Updated with a giant list of fakes I did pre-gen5
The ones with a non-squiggly background are revisions.

VERY HUGE!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
While this may not be a comment on your art in particular, I'd really just like to say that some of your fakemon names are hilariously witty. Bubblab, Chemiset and Laburstatory in particular are what struck me. (Mainly because I'm a chemgeek lmao). You've really cleverely named these; they're fresh and funny. So great job! C:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Thanks, guys!
I ended up going crazy with photoshop for the last few days, and have done quite alot of drawings:
Spoiler:

I think I nailed the "Don't make it look like a sketch" part down ^^

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Yay, more art!
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Wow you are quite creative with your fakemons , I really like umbrelala , Staguro and Jokai. It looks like your region would be an arid region as you have many desert dwelling Pokemon :). I also <3 the little Skarmory pre evo :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Your most recent mole fakemon has some of the better line work I've ever seen in your drawings, Sunny. That's pretty much proof positive that you're improving drastically as an artist. As always, I adore your style. Best of luck in that other contest! :D

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Oh dang, I was so busy, I completely forgot about this place D:

Wow you are quite creative with your fakemons , I really like umbrelala , Staguro and Jokai. It looks like your region would be an arid region as you have many desert dwelling Pokemon :). I also <3 the little Skarmory pre evo :)
I have a complete region sketched out, and I just noticed that almost a fourth of it is covered by a desert lol
And thanks! the baby Skarmory was used in a contest, and ranked 3rd I believe.

Your most recent mole fakemon has some of the better line work I've ever seen in your drawings, Sunny. That's pretty much proof positive that you're improving drastically as an artist. As always, I adore your style. Best of luck in that other contest! :D
You could say I actually just stopped being lazy with making work, which is why most of my older ones are really spastic with the lines and coloring. ^^;

And more artsy junk :D
Spoiler:

This guy is the final evolution of my water starter, named Bouldappa.
It's gotten so fat, it thinks it can burn off those carbs by excersicing with those weights :D

Spoiler:

Here's a Goomy, done in a new "experimental" style.
Which I can not even replicate again D:

And these are some sprites/pixels of stuff :D
Spoiler:

"Take this banana. It shall explain everything"

Spoiler:

Find the Penguindrum!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Ehh, might as well update while I'm at it :D

Birthday present for a friend
Spoiler:

She apparently "wished for all the jellyfish in the world" and who else can deliver than the Sungod?

Lobster Fakemon
Spoiler:

Hand-Eye thing
Spoiler:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
June 1st ;w;
Spoiler:

and all my old links broke :c

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
After an even longer hiatus, I have learned the way of the "Pixel" BD

I have spent a long time learning how to make avatars for people over at Pokemon Showdown, and I have to say I'm impressed by the large amount I've made! All of these are scratched except for Lyn and the Buizel one, which are edits. They're all in order from newest being on top, with the oldest at the bottom. Feel free to suggest some improvements!
Spoiler:

And here's a hand boss from my game, collectively named "Duane"
duane_by_scatterminds-d89rfsd.gif

Back