Advertiser Content
Male
Seen April 12th, 2019
Posted April 12th, 2019
47 posts
4.8 Years
Note: Title is an error. It's actually X-Cross, O-Halo

Hello. I have an interesting project I'm working on.

It's based on Pokemon Emerald assets.

It's a combination of two side-by-side games. Pokemon X-Cross, where the player takes the path of Chaos, and Pokemon O-Halo, where the player takes the path of Order. In both games, you can take the path of Balance, which has the combination of the Chaos and Order path.

The path you take all depends on your choices (What you select when you talk to people, how you treat your pokemon, etc.)

The game features the following additions:

Implementation of new harmful Status Effects, such as Entanglement, Drenched, Blindness, Blur, Repulsion, etc.
New Types, including a new healer type (Curare). Other types include Fiend and Light
New beneficial status effects, such as REGEN.
New Type Effectiveness chart. Includes the Supernatural Six (Light, Dark, Psychic, Fairy, Fiend, Ghost) and the Elemental Six (Flying, Ground, Electric, Water, Fire, Ice)
Over 100 additional pokemon, including six "Disciples" and three "Guardians"
The original 807 pokemon, including the Unknown dex.
3 Different Regions, including the Kanto Region (Not the same one from Red, Blue, and Yellow), the Kansai Region, and the Kyushu Region.
New Moves.
New Battle Sprites and Characters
New Animations.
New In-Battle features, including Overlimit (Executes a special move when the OL meter is full), Desperation Time (Activates when a pokemon's HP drops to red. In wild battles, a wild pokemon may elect to flee if possible. Regardless of battle conditions, all damage-based moves do massive damage), etc
Among other things

1. Graphics.
2. Sound Effects and Music
3. Programming.
4. Testing

If interested, please respond. Thank you.

NOTE 1: You may have noticed that I have not provided any material to present as progress. This is because I don't have any talents to make any of the material. I can make maps with the provided sprites, but I do not have the required sprites available to me. I can edit the types and pbs files with an editor as well. This is pretty much the extent of my abilities. I have tried to draw and do traditional and digital art, as well as pixel art, but even with years of practice, I have yet to make any decent sprites (I mostly have taken other people's sprites and edited them, can't make something from scratch).

It may seem easy to say "Oh, you just need time and practice!" but some people just don't have the ability for it, no matter how many years they try, they will never get it. That's the way it is with me. I've come to accept the hard truth after 9 years of work that I am a consumer and I have no innate abilities to give to the world (except love, kindness, understanding, and compassion). I can't even hold a single job. So please try to at least understand me and my situation, and help me make the best out of it.

NOTE: This game is a personal game. If you participate in designing the game, I will entrust you with a copy of the game. You are not to release this copy to your friends or family (But you can show them). If you decide to distribute this game publically or privately, I will not be held responsible for damages or lawsuits. Thank you.
If your interested in tutoring me on how to use the scripting and answering all my questions, send me a PM and we can discuss contacting each other in further details.

A little info about me and my goals:

I am burned out on Pokemon games, which, since emerald, have gradually grown worse to me. I am a fan of Generation 3 and earlier. I have some creature ideas I'd rather keep to myself and friends, due to personal reasons. Thus, I want to make my first game encompassing them. I do not know how to program, so I'll learn by using pokemon essentials. Once I complete the game, I'll enjoy it, and work on an entirely new project.

juliorain

Male
USA
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
1,617 posts
2.9 Years
Note: Title is an error. It's actually X-Cross, O-Halo

Hello. I have an interesting project I'm working on.

It's based on Pokemon Emerald assets.

It's a combination of two side-by-side games. Pokemon X-Cross, where the player takes the path of Chaos, and Pokemon O-Halo, where the player takes the path of Order. In both games, you can take the path of Balance, which has the combination of the Chaos and Order path.

The path you take all depends on your choices (What you select when you talk to people, how you treat your pokemon, etc.)

The game features the following additions:

Implementation of new harmful Status Effects, such as Entanglement, Drenched, Blindness, Blur, Repulsion, etc.
New Types, including a new healer type (Curare). Other types include Fiend and Light
New beneficial status effects, such as REGEN.
New Type Effectiveness chart. Includes the Supernatural Six (Light, Dark, Psychic, Fairy, Fiend, Ghost) and the Elemental Six (Flying, Ground, Electric, Water, Fire, Ice)
Over 100 additional pokemon, including six "Disciples" and three "Guardians"
The original 807 pokemon, including the Unknown dex.
3 Different Regions, including the Kanto Region (Not the same one from Red, Blue, and Yellow), the Kansai Region, and the Kyushu Region.
New Moves.
New Battle Sprites and Characters
New Animations.
New In-Battle features, including Overlimit (Executes a special move when the OL meter is full), Desperation Time (Activates when a pokemon's HP drops to red. In wild battles, a wild pokemon may elect to flee if possible. Regardless of battle conditions, all damage-based moves do massive damage), etc
Among other things

1. Graphics.
2. Sound Effects and Music
3. Programming.
4. Testing

If interested, please respond. Thank you.

NOTE 1: You may have noticed that I have not provided any material to present as progress. This is because I don't have any talents to make any of the material. I can make maps with the provided sprites, but I do not have the required sprites available to me. I can edit the types and pbs files with an editor as well. This is pretty much the extent of my abilities. I have tried to draw and do traditional and digital art, as well as pixel art, but even with years of practice, I have yet to make any decent sprites (I mostly have taken other people's sprites and edited them, can't make something from scratch).

It may seem easy to say "Oh, you just need time and practice!" but some people just don't have the ability for it, no matter how many years they try, they will never get it. That's the way it is with me. I've come to accept the hard truth after 9 years of work that I am a consumer and I have no innate abilities to give to the world (except love, kindness, understanding, and compassion). I can't even hold a single job. So please try to at least understand me and my situation, and help me make the best out of it.

NOTE: This game is a personal game. If you participate in designing the game, I will entrust you with a copy of the game. You are not to release this copy to your friends or family (But you can show them). If you decide to distribute this game publically or privately, I will not be held responsible for damages or lawsuits. Thank you.
Hey I hope you haven't stolen any of the sprites because you can't just have "taken other people's sprites and edited them". That's plagiarism.

If you have 'bad sprites' show us some of your 'failures' if you have '9 years' of effort surely you must have made something notable. You're your own worst critic. Otherwise you're entrusting everyone here to believe you, and unfortunately there are a lot of people who are "talentless" and still get by with a decent fangame until they can recruit a friend. Also whining about being talentless is going to make people not want to join then, because unless you can give them asalary the only things keeping them motivated on the project is if they are motivated to produce. Fangames is about fun and if you truly want this fangame to happen you're gonna have to stop whining about being "talentless" and just put something down into motion. Even if it is crappy making fangames is about being a fun creative process; there is no good or bad or 'talent', but being a lead gamedev means you're going to do all of the parts plus the oragnizing. So if you aren't 'talented' enough I suggest you should come back when you do have the skills to make one.
Male
Seen April 12th, 2019
Posted April 12th, 2019
47 posts
4.8 Years
Hey I hope you haven't stolen any of the sprites because you can't just have "taken other people's sprites and edited them". That's plagiarism.
I do this with sprites, music, etc. that's where my transformers remixes came from, as well as my fan made videos. I don't mean to plagiarize. Not at all. And in all reality, you can't actually create something new. If you dream it, it's already been done. This though does not justify the means. Yes, it is plagiarism, but that's the best I can do right now, if that.

If you have 'bad sprites' show us some of your 'failures' if you have '9 years' of effort surely you must have made something notable. You're your own worst critic. Otherwise you're entrusting everyone here to believe you, and unfortunately there are a lot of people who are "talentless" and still get by with a decent fangame until they can recruit a friend. Also whining about being talentless is going to make people not want to join then, because unless you can give them asalary the only things keeping them motivated on the project is if they are motivated to produce. Fangames is about fun and if you truly want this fangame to happen you're gonna have to stop whining about being "talentless" and just put something down into motion. Even if it is crappy making fangames is about being a fun creative process; there is no good or bad or 'talent', but being a lead gamedev means you're going to do all of the parts plus the oragnizing. So if you aren't 'talented' enough I suggest you should come back when you do have the skills to make one.
Oof... Please read my post I posted on "Recruitment post". I was thinking of offering money services here, but I can't do that on PC. I'll have to do it elsewhere, like on DA. I understand you've had practice, but with some (very few) people, practice doesn't help.

Also, I usually delete my failure cause they are too ugly to look at. Meaning, I don't have them anymore.
If your interested in tutoring me on how to use the scripting and answering all my questions, send me a PM and we can discuss contacting each other in further details.

A little info about me and my goals:

I am burned out on Pokemon games, which, since emerald, have gradually grown worse to me. I am a fan of Generation 3 and earlier. I have some creature ideas I'd rather keep to myself and friends, due to personal reasons. Thus, I want to make my first game encompassing them. I do not know how to program, so I'll learn by using pokemon essentials. Once I complete the game, I'll enjoy it, and work on an entirely new project.
Advertiser Content