• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Books A quick Book Challenge

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
"In a strange city." - Agatha Christie's The Body in the Library.

Years
"It's a long way to the nearest human settlement."
-Andrzej Sapkowski: The Last Wish

Not the closest book, but the closest one in english lol

Years
Zachary tucks the pile of books under his arm and heads toward nonfiction.

- Erin Morgenstern, The Starless Sea.

Definitely a great book btw!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Grabbing the book closest on my shelf...

Here's a very fun excerpt I am sure everyone wants to hear from 'Cases & Materials on International Law' by Martin Dixon & Robert McCorquodale. I keep all my educational textbooks on the part of the bookshelf closest to my desk:

"In multilateral treaties, the rights and obligations of each party in respect of each of the other parties may vary significantly, especially due to reservations to the terms of the treaty given by each party"

I actually got this textbook when I was in HS for super cheap at a book fair because I somehow convinced myself I would read up textbooks on international law? Maybe it'll be a prescribed reading for one of my classes one day but I never did get around to reading through 600 pages of it...

Anyway I think I'll now pick the closest fiction book to me as that was not the most exciting excerpt :D

"Come on people, move it, move it" from The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.

Years
"He had seen some of this tragic story in the calm desperation of the girl."

Ian Fleming - On Her Majesty's Secret Service

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
The peak looked to him exactly like a giant fist, with the thumb sticking straight up.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
'In the run up to the American Revolution, prosaic grievances such as the Townshend Duties and the Stamp Act were transmutted into occassions for popular resistence to British oppression.'

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
"Well to tell you the truth, I did not like to bother you with a lot of us, until I found out if
you were busy."

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
"Merry and Pippin suspected that he visited the Elves at times, as Bilbo had done."

Back