• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hearthstone [Rise of Shadows + Year of the Dragon!]

Years
Hearthstone_logo.png

Hearthstone is free to play collectible card game featuring easy to learn gameplay and memorable characters from the Warcraft franchise! So let's talk about it! What are some of your favorite cards?
Favorite heroes? Brawls? Feel free to share any interesting or funny stories about the game!

Looking for new friends? Leave your BattleTag and you'll be added to the list!

Username
Bakaslayer7
curelixir
Denrew
Juno
LuluRina
Nakuzami
tokyodrift
TY
Zeffy

BattleTag
jpentgaming#2416
curelixir#1716
Denrew#1494
juno#1616
LuluRina#1677
Nakuzami#1769
Jongdae#11971
TYRANITAR#21696
zeffy#1212

Discord Group Link
https://discord.gg/vfXBcAV

Blizzard App Group Link
https://blizzard.com/invite/D09MiVqA

Featured
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
No Austin. Not enough memes. Come back when you've leveled up to a level 75 meme-lord. Than we'll talk :P

The only thing I have to comment on about Hearthstone is this, which was pretty darned sick.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Jongdae#11971

love disguisedtoast so much. just recently found him on twitch and been watching for a few weeks now. as for un'goro, i'm pretty excited. i'm sad to see my precious miracle rouge be killed off though.

Years
Jongdae#11971

love disguisedtoast so much. just recently found him on twitch and been watching for a few weeks now. as for un'goro, i'm pretty excited. i'm sad to see my precious miracle rouge be killed off though.

A lot of archetypes are being killed in the upcoming rotation :'( I love playing Dragon decks, it's gonna be sad to see them go. But yeah, miracle rogue was hit pretty hard with the loss of Conceal, Tomb Pillager, and Azure Drake ;__;

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I'M HERE FOR THE TOAST MEMES

He's not just a meme lord though he's actually amazing, lol. I'm watching the VOD of him playing 4 arena games at the same time and actually doing really well.

I'm pretty sure all of my decks are dead in standard now, lol. I'll probably be missing the dragons and Gang Up the most, of my most recently played decks.

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
A lot of archetypes are being killed in the upcoming rotation :'( I love playing Dragon decks, it's gonna be sad to see them go. But yeah, miracle rogue was hit pretty hard with the loss of Conceal, Tomb Pillager, and Azure Drake ;__;

i'm sure someone will find a way to bring it back. it always seems to happen with new expansions. i do hope priest makes a comeback though. i think it's a very underrated class, especially since it's most prominent archetype is being killed off with this as well.

Years
i'm sure someone will find a way to bring it back. it always seems to happen with new expansions. i do hope priest makes a comeback though. i think it's a very underrated class, especially since it's most prominent archetype is being killed off with this as well.

Priest is going to be interesting, because their quest focuses on Deathrattle minions, but the expansion only gave them 2 deathrattle cards. The rest don't seem to fit in to existing priest archetypes. I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up, and I hope they're decent, because like you said, I think priests have always been very underrated.

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Priest is going to be interesting, because their quest focuses on Deathrattle minions, but the expansion only gave them 2 deathrattle cards. The rest don't seem to fit in to existing priest archetypes. I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up, and I hope they're decent, because like you said, I think priests have always been very underrated.

I guess N'Zoth could be a viable option with some really good neutral Deathrattles, even at that point taking a look at the new cards, there doesn't seem to be any really well designed Deathrattles. Now that one of the best Deathrattles, Sylvanas, is out of the game, maybe it'd be something that will be in the Wild meta. I just don't see it happening for Standard in the slightest. I can see Beast Druid coming back possibly...

OMFG THEY BOUGHT ELISE BACK YESSS
55451.png

Years
I guess N'Zoth could be a viable option with some really good neutral Deathrattles, even at that point taking a look at the new cards, there doesn't seem to be any really well designed Deathrattles. Now that one of the best Deathrattles, Sylvanas, is out of the game, maybe it'd be something that will be in the Wild meta. I just don't see it happening for Standard in the slightest. I can see Beast Druid coming back possibly...

OMFG THEY BOUGHT ELISE BACK YESSS
Elise <3 The Un'goro card pack that she gives is pretty awesome too
wjpArXc.png

idc if they're random cards, 5 cards for 2 mana is insane. And there's a guaranteed epic in each one so that's alright in my book :P

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
YOU GUYS UN'GORO IS OUT AND I'M SO EXCITED

db414305e427433bba64d648747debf0.png

yes blizzard gimmie my dust for rag, sylvanas, conceal, azure drake, power overwhelming, and ice lance

gonna go open my 56 packs :o

Years
YOU GUYS UN'GORO IS OUT AND I'M SO EXCITED

AAA IKR :D

I didn't preorder but I had enough dust to craft a lot of things I wanted. Also omg the second pack I opened had both a GOLDEN shaman quest and the mage quest in it :D I also got Spiritsinger Umbra in another pack.

Things are looking fun so far :D

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
AAA IKR :D

I didn't preorder but I had enough dust to craft a lot of things I wanted. Also omg the second pack I opened had both a GOLDEN shaman quest and the mage quest in it :D I also got Spiritsinger Umbra in another pack.

Things are looking fun so far :D

i only got the warlock quest and spiritslinger umbra from those 50+ packs and i'm super sad about it. i might just craft the rouge quest.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa new rouge hero!

Years
i only got the warlock quest and spiritslinger umbra from those 50+ packs and i'm super sad about it. i might just craft the rouge quest.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa new rouge hero!

Just finished getting those 10 wins, Maeiv is so awesome :D I just crafted the rogue quest myself haha
Ranked is full of quest hunters right now, and they're kinda difficult for me to beat lol

Last edited:

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024

Just finished getting those 10 wins, Maeiv is so awesome :D I just crafted the rogue quest myself haha
Ranked is full of quest hunters right now, and they're kinda difficult for me to beat lol

i was really hoping it was vanessa vancleef as the new rouge hero tbh

Years
i was really hoping it was vanessa vancleef as the new rouge hero tbh

It would be pretty cool to see the interaction between Edwin and Vanessa lol, but Maiev is one of my favorite characters in the entire Warcraft series so I'm pretty happy with her :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Austin/curelixir's luck is stupid, he opened those 2 quests and a legendary from the 6 packs he collected pre-expansion.

Meanwhile, I open 9 packs of 1 rare per pack :')

but gUYS the rogue quest is insane, I'm having so much fun with it
Most underrated quest of the expansion tbh, most of the pro players said it would suck lol
Even the hunter quest can't beat it, it's actually too slow, imagine that

Years
Austin/curelixir's luck is stupid, he opened those 2 quests and a legendary from the 6 packs he collected pre-expansion.

Meanwhile, I open 9 packs of 1 rare per pack :')

but gUYS the rogue quest is insane, I'm having so much fun with it
Most underrated quest of the expansion tbh, most of the pro players said it would suck lol
Even the hunter quest can't beat it, it's actually too slow, imagine that

The rogue quest is proving to be a lot more popular than I expected it to be, definitely lol. From the card reveal stream it looked like hunter would be the most powerful class this expansion.

I've been playing a bunch of quest mage and I think it's a bit too slow for the current decks people are playing right now. It's basically just freeze mage, but there's only one or two good win conditions so if you miss those you pretty much lost.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Been playing questless Zoolock now and still doing pretty good - went from rank 18 to 16 this morning just with that deck. Much as I love the rogue quest it does feel a bit OP and I never want to contribute to the 'problem' decks in Hearthstone.

Shame that it was the only quest I could afford to craft and the community is like stigmatizing it so much now that it's not fun to play - the combo is pretty specific IMO and it's definitely not without its weaknesses (ie. literally any decks that can swarm the board early and face before the quest is completed - I was able to beat it with zoolock), but sure, if people are likening it to Pirate Warrior then I'm not gonna play it for a while. Hopefully the incoming nerf won't make it completely unplayable.

Years
Been playing questless Zoolock now and still doing pretty good - went from rank 18 to 16 this morning just with that deck. Much as I love the rogue quest it does feel a bit OP and I never want to contribute to the 'problem' decks in Hearthstone.

Shame that it was the only quest I could afford to craft and the community is like stigmatizing it so much now that it's not fun to play - the combo is pretty specific IMO and it's definitely not without its weaknesses (ie. literally any decks that can swarm the board early and face before the quest is completed - I was able to beat it with zoolock), but sure, if people are likening it to Pirate Warrior then I'm not gonna play it for a while. Hopefully the incoming nerf won't make it completely unplayable.

Think the thing is that it's just so east to get 4 minions of the same name out, especially with cards like Shadowstep, Youthful Brewmaster, and Gadgetzan Ferryman. And decks run 2 of the same minion anyway so they really just have to Shadowstep a minion twice to finish their quest. If I were in charge of nerfing Quest Rogue I would bump up the minion requirement to 5. Or have the text read "minions you play FROM NOW ON are 5/5", so it would eliminate the constant pressure Moroes puts out and not immediately put 15 damage on the board with three existing 1/1s.

Back