• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Mono-Color Challenge

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Second update for my mono pink adventure on Y.

» Made my way to Shalour City via Reflection Cave, where I caught Pomegranate the Mr. Mime.
» Pomegranate absolutely bodied Korrina's gym, thanks to Reflect and Psybeam.
» Climbed the Tower of Mastery and faced off against Korrina with her own Lucario.
» On Route 12, I caught my two final team members: Jello the Slowpoke and Milkshake the Miltank.
» Explored Azure Bay and then took on the gym in Coumarine City. Milkshake defeated Ramos' Jumpluff with Rock Tomb, but needed help against Weepinbell and Gogoat.
» Lumiose City was my next destination, but first I had to take care of Team Flare at the Power Plant on Route 13. Once that was over with, I could progress to Lumiose and challenge the gym.
» I was banking on Milkshake to sweep Clemont with a combination of Power-Up Punch and Bulldoze. Although it took down Magneton without any problem, it couldn't survive an Electric Terrain-boosted Thunderbolt from Heliolisk, so Pomegranate, Parfait and Macaron all had to assist.
» With my fifth badge in hand, I continued to Laverre City through Route 16.
» I didn't have much for Valerie, but Milkshake proved to be able to tank Mawile's attacks pretty well, so I used that matchup to set up with Power-Up Punch and then make easy work of Mr. Mime and Sylveon with Body Slam.
» Following this, I went north to the Poké Ball Factory to get rid of Team Flare. I defeated an admin myself, and then teamed up with Calem against Celosia and Bryony. Upon defeating them, the president rewarded me with a Master Ball and a Big Nugget.
» Decided to save in Laverre.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

aromatisse.gif

Parfait the Aromatisse ♀ - Lv 39 @Zap Plate
Jolly / Healer
Moonblast, Attract, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt

luvdisc.gif

Sorbet the Luvdisc ♀ – Lv 39 @Splash Plate
Relaxed / Swift Swim
Charm, Toxic, Attract, Water Pulse

sylveon.gif

Macaron the Sylveon ♂ - Lv 38
Timid / Cute Charm
Swift, Quick Attack, Moonblast, Charm

mr._mime.gif

Pomegranate the Mr. Mime ♀ - Lv 39
Naughty / Filter
Psychic, Grass Knot, Light Screen, Reflect

slowpoke.gif

Jello the Slowpoke ♂ - Lv 38
Relaxed / Own Tempo
Surf, Confusion, Slack Off, Headbutt

miltank.gif

Milkshake the Miltank ♀ - Lv 39 @Leftovers
Quirky / Scrappy
Milk Drink, Power-Up Punch, Bulldoze, Body Slam

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
After having a busy schedule for months, I have finally completed mono-yellow Platinum run. I just want to say, I REALLY hated doing this one.

The Mascot lv 59
Thunder Wave/Shock Wave/Double Team/Quick Attack

Gallop lv 62
Flare Blitz/FIre Spin/Fire Blast/Flame Wheel

2nd Mascot lv 60
Thunder Fang/Thunder Wave/Quick Attack/Signal Beam

Geoffery lv 61
Psychic/Crunch/Zen Headbutt/Psybeam

Sweetie lv 55
Giga Drain/Mega Drain/Bug Buzz/Silver Wind

Guppy lv 62
Surf/Brine/Fly/Wing Attack

Will probably do my final game, Sword.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
Finished with my Shield playthrough, along with the Ultimate challenge of Gens I-VIII!!!

And here is my final team!

Foxy Lady lv 65
Extrasensory / Flamethrower / Hex / Will-O-Wisp

Shell God lv 64
Stone Edge / Power Trick / Bug Bite / Stealth Rock

Devil lv 64
Scald / Hurricane / Roost / Icy Wind

Pork Chops lv 64
Outrage / Dragon Claw / Dragon Dance / Earthquake

Marley lv 65
Thunder Fang / Electrify / Crunch / Play Rough

Soldier 76 lv 64
No Retreat / Smart Strike / Close Combat / Megahorn

With that, my yellow run is finally complete. I would like to now start a mono red ultimate run

Username: Pluckles
Color: Red
Game: Firered, Gold, Emerald, Platinum, Black, X, Ultra Moon, Shield
Ultimate: Yes

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Finished this a while ago, but here's the official final update! I have also updated the champions list up to this point. Congrats to all the recent champions!

Update on Ultimate Blue Monocolor Challenge:

Final Update (#3) on Ultra Sun.

My last update ended in Seafolk Village. I don't really remember any specific details since it was so long ago, but I have screenshots of the last couple trials, the battles against Necrozma, the final Grand Trial, and the Elite Four and Champion battles.

Video and play-by-play of the final battle against Hau:

Video:
Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

Team Blue (Final):
wishiwashi.gif
wishiwashi-school.gif

Submarine the Relaxed Wishiwashi, ♂ - L61 @ Leftovers
Ability: Schooling
Moves: Aqua Tail, Feint Attack, Iron Tail, Hydro Pump
Final Stats (Solo Form): 144/64/47/59/48/74
Final Stats (School Form): 144/211/194/200/183/63
komala.gif

Dreamer the Careful Komala, ♀ - L60 @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Comatose
Moves: Facade, Wood Hammer, Brick Break, Sucker Punch
Final Stats: 168/176/109/94/145/104
vikavolt.gif

Taser the Timid Vikavolt, ♀ - L61 @ Magnet
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Thunderbolt, Bug Buzz, Roost, Agility
Alola co-MVP, Elite Four MVP
Final Stats: 185/98/137/216/116/88
rampardos.gif

Smasher the Hasty Rampardos, ♂ - L61 @ Hard Stone
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moves: Head Smash, Bulldoze, Brick Break, Zen Headbutt
Final Stats: 213/230/78/87/90/118
ninetales-alola.gif

Snowfox the Hasty Ninetales, ♀ - L60 @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Confuse Ray, Ice Beam, Extrasensory
Final Stats: 190/100/122/141/120/166
primarina.gif

Selkie the Rash Primarina, ♀ - L61 @ Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Sparkling Aria, Moonblast, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump
Final Stats: 189/102/124/207/150/101
Alola co-MVP, Hau MVP

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
Had a little bit of time today to finish the first run of the mono red, starting with Fire Red.

Cooper lv55
Flamethrower / Strength / Earthquake / Brick Break

Mc Kool lv55
Giga Drain / Petal Dance / Sunny Day / Toxic

Nookel lv55
Dig / Aerial Ace / Spore / Giga Drain

Chomps lv54
Surf / Stomp / Mud Shot / Rock Tomb

Lego lv 57
Thunderbolt / Shock Wave / Thunder / Light Screen

Zynx lv 59
Psychic / Ice Punch / Shadow Ball / Calm Mind

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Continued my Green run in Alola on Ultra Moon.

Update on Ultimate Green Monocolor Challenge:

Update #1 on Ultra Moon.
Name: Green
Starter: Rowlet

• Interestingly, this is the only region for a Green monocolor that doesn't include a grass starter.
  • After the beginning section of the game, I got to the Trainer School, where I caught Slick the Grimer.
  • After getting to Route 2, I traded for Cha the Hawlucha. He's gonna be a powerhouse in this game early on.
  • Easily crushed the first Totem trial and Alolan Raticate with Cha's Karate Chop.
  • Took on Kahuna Hala for the grand trial, and Cha dominated here as well with Aerial Ace.
  • Mantine Surfed to Akala Island and made my way to Brooklet Hill for the next Totem challenge against Araquanid.
  • After Slick wore him down a bit, Cha finished off Araquanid and Dewpider with Aerial Ace.
  • Surfed in the pools for my next team member, Diver the Dewpider.
  • On my way to Wela Volcano Park, Diver evolved into Araquanid!
  • Totem Marawak was then easily handled with Diver's powerful Bubblebeam attack.
  • Moved on to Route 8, where I saved.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Green:
grimer-alola.gif

Slick the Quirky Grimer, ♀ - L24 @ Poison Barb
Ability: Poison Touch
Moves: Bite, Poison Fang, Minimize, Rock Tomb
araquanid.gif

Diver the Impish Araquanid, ♂ - L24 @ Silver Powder
Ability: Water Bubble
Moves: Bug Bite, Bubblebeam, Infestation, Bite
hawlucha.gif

Cha the Brave Hawlucha, ♂ - L23 @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Unburden
Moves: Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Roost, Rock Tomb

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
» Arrived in Anistar City after defeating Team Flare in Frost Cavern.
» Despite me not having anything super effective against Olympia, she was a total cakewalk. Parfait set up with calm mind and then proceeded to defeat her entire team.
» Soon after, I learned that Team Flare was about to set their plan in motion. I went to their hideout in Lumiose to thwart their plans, defeating a bunch of admins and catching Yveltal in the process.
» Sadly, I don't have any notes for what I did up until the Pokémon League – but I have a faint memory of using Jello's Calm Mind + Flamethrower to defeat Wulfric, so let's go with that.
» Continued to the Pokémon League through Victory Road.
» I was expecting Jello and Milkshake to wash Malva, but her team dished out pretty powerful hits; Parfait and Sorbet had to help out to secure the win.
» With a combination of Calm Mind and Thunderbolt, Parfait made easy work of Siebold.
» Pomegranate took out Drasna's Dragalge, clearing the way for a Moonblast sweep from Macaron.
» Wikstrom's Klefki provided a prime opportunity for Milkshake to set up with Power-Up Punch, in turn leading to a Bulldoze sweep.
» Pomegranate defeated Diantha's Hawlucha and Gourgeist with Psychic and Shadow Ball, respectively. Tyrantrum went down from a crit Moonblast from Macaron. Against Aurorus, Sorbet got off a Toxic and Scald before going down to Thunder. I then switched to Milkshake to take it down with Power-Up Punch. Jello took down Goodra with two Calm Mind-boosted Psychics, and since my stats were already raised, I stayed in against Gardevoir and defeated it with two Surfs. Shortly thereafter, I defeated AZ and could begin my reign as Kalos' new champion!

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

aromatisse.gif

Parfait the Aromatisse ♀ - Lv 64 @Zap Plate
Jolly / Healer
Moonblast, Psychic, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt

luvdisc.gif

Sorbet the Luvdisc ♀ – Lv 64 @Splash Plate
Relaxed / Swift Swim
Scald, Charm, Toxic, Ice Beam

sylveon.gif

Macaron the Sylveon ♂ - Lv 63 @Pixie Plate
Timid / Cute Charm
Moonblast, Shadow Ball, Quick Attack, Calm Mind

mr._mime.gif

Pomegranate the Mr. Mime ♀ - Lv 63 @Spell Tag
Naughty / Filter
Psychic, Shadow Ball, Light Screen, Grass Knot

slowking.gif

Jello the Slowking ♂ - Lv 64 @Quick Claw
Relaxed / Own Tempo
Surf, Psychic, Calm Mind, Flamethrower

miltank.gif

Milkshake the Miltank ♀ - Lv 64 @Leftovers
Quirky / Scrappy
Body Slam, Power-Up Punch, Bulldoze, Milk Drink

Special contributions:

skitty.gif

Skitty ♀ - Lv 26
Bashful / Cute Charm
Charm, Tackle, Sing, Attract

hoppip.gif

Hoppip ♂ - Lv 24
Jolly / Infiltrator
Fairy Wind, Leech Seed, Poison Powder, Bullet Seed

Haven't decided on the next game or color. I believe I only have blue left in Kalos, so I might go with that just to have all of gen 6 done. We'll see!

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update on Ultimate Green Monocolor Challenge:

Update #2 on Ultra Moon.

• Made my way through Route 8 to the Lush Jungle, where the next trial awaited.
  • After getting the ingredients, the Totem Pokemon Lurantis appeared.
  • Lurantis was hard to deal with as usual, but I was able to hold it off with Cha's Roost and defeat it.
  • Afterwards I was able to catch my next team member, Lei the Comfey.
  • After visiting the Dimensional Research Lab, I made my way through Diglett's Tunnel to Route 9 and Konikoni City.
  • Went to the nearby Akala Outskirts to catch my 5th team member, Quetzal the Xatu, the 3rd time I've used Xatu on a green team.
  • After talking to Olivia back in Konikoni City, went back to the Outskirts, where I defeated Plumeria.
  • Moved on to the Ruins of Life, where I faced off against Olivia. My team is kinda weak to rock, so it took a couple tries to defeat her, but finally Cha was able to tank a hit and win with Brick Break.
  • Visited Aether Paradise where I encounterd an Ultra Beast, then it was on to Ula'ula Island.
  • After doing the little Malie Gardens quest, I went through Route 10 and took the bus up to Mount Hokulani.
  • Caught my next team member, Perseid the Minior (Green Core), who will be temporary until the next island.
  • After fighting the remaining trainers to grind up a bit, I took on the next trial at Hokulani Observatory.
  • Togedemaru was difficult to defeat since my team is extremely weak to Electric and Steel. After losing twice, I found a way through by using Bulldoze on Perseid to lower his speed to deal with Skarmory's Tailwind, than was able to take them out with Cha and Diver.
  • Team Skull was making trouble in the Malie Garden, so I confronted them and defeated Guzma.
  • Made my way through Routes 11, 12 & 13 on Mudsdale to get to Tapu Village, then continued on to Aether House.
  • Followed Acerola to the Abandoned Mart for the next trial.
  • Totem Mimikyu was tough to defeat with her raised stats, but after my team wore her down, Diver finished her off.
  • Went back to Aether House where I defeated Plumeria, then got the Sharpedo Jet.
  • Made my way through Route 16 & 17 to Po Town to confront Team Skull.
  • While I was there, Slick finally evolved into Alolan Muk!
  • Faced off against Guzma, and it took a couple tries to defeat him since my team is a little underleveled. Cha did the most work against him.
  • Back in Malie City, I battled Nanu and defeated him to clear the Grand Trial.
  • Got a boat ride to Aether Paradise, where I saved.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Green:
araquanid.gif

Diver the Impish Araquanid, ♂ - L41 @ Silver Powder
Ability: Water Bubble
Moves: Bug Bite, Bubblebeam, Leech Life, Crunch
xatu.gif

Quetzal the Modest Xatu, ♂ - L39 @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Air Slash, Thunder Wave, Signal Beam, Psychic
muk-alola.gif

Slick the Quirky Muk, ♀ - L40 @ Quick Claw
Ability: Poison Touch
Moves: Crunch, Gunk Shot, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch
hawlucha.gif

Cha the Brave Hawlucha, ♂ - L41 @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Unburden
Moves: Aerial Ace, Rock Slide, Flying Press, Fly
comfey.gif

Lei the Hardy Comfey, ♀ - L39 @ Rose Incense
Ability: Flower Shield
Moves: Giga Drain, Hidden Power (Ice), Sweet Kiss, Growth
minior-green.gif

Perseid the Modest Minior - L32 @ Hard Stone
Ability: Shields Down
Moves: Psychic, Ancient Power, Self-Destruct, Bulldoze

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
Years
Alright, this looks fun. Let's do it!

Username: tenthcompanion
Color: Purple
Game: Sword
Ultimate: maybe later

Currently my team consists of Rookidee and Purrloin. Will update after I beat the first gym :D

EDIT: After the first gym, my team is now: Corvisquire, Purrloin, Stunky and Cherubi. Some of those Pokémon aren't purple yet but I'll get there 😅 I'll make this post prettier and post my screenshot later once I'm not on my phone.

Last edited:

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
Years
Current team after beating Nessa for my second gym badge! I'll post screenshots eventually I swear. I'm a lazy bean.
corvisquire.png

Poe (F), Corvisquire
liepard.png

Shadow (M), Liepard
stunky.png

Pumbaa (M), Stunky
cherubi.png

Berry (F), Cherubi
drifloon.png

Spoopy (M), Drifloon
toxel.png

Toxel (F)

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
Years
This run is less of a monocolour run and more of a solo run with my Corviknight tbh. I'll probably be boxing my Liepard in favour of getting a Grimmsnarl later (because it's apparently purple even though it's definitely black but ok)

Here's my current team after beating the 4th gym (Bea):
corviknight.png

Poe, Corviknight
skuntank.png

Pumbaa, Skuntank
liepard.png

Shadow, Liepard
skorupi.png

Pinchy, Skorupi
toxtricity-amped.png

Toxtricity
drifblim.png

Spoopy, Drifblim

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
Years
Yepp I definitely boxed that useless Liepard. Here's my team after the 6th gym (Gordie):

Update: Same team after beating 7th gym (Piers). I'll update with levels and such after all 8 gyms

...wow it's very lonely here on the monocolour challenge page

corviknight.png

Poe, Corviknight
skuntank.png

Pumbaa, Skuntank
polteageist.png

Mrs. Potts, Polteageist
drapion.png

Pinchy, Drapion
toxtricity-amped.png

Toxtricity
grimmsnarl.png

Mordred, Grimmsnarl

Last edited:
Years
Game: Platinum
Color: Green

Upon meeting Professor Rowan, Janna eagerly chose her starter Pokémon - a cute, small turtle called Turtwig. It got a good look at its surroundings after being released from its Poké Ball, blinking a few times as it surveyed the environment.

"So Turtwig is your choice, then? What will you call her?" Professor Rowan asked curiously.

Janna brought her hand to her chin, pondering for a short moment.

"Avocado's perfect. :D"

turtwig.png

Avocado | Lv. 5 | ♀
Tackle, Withdraw​

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
And with that, after weeks of working on it (and having to restart twice because of hardware issues), I'm finished with mono red on Gold!

Team is very similar as my Red run, but with two difference, being Scizor and Magmar.

Spr_2g_047.png

Mounds
lv61/Leftovers
Slash/Giga Drain/Cut/Spore

Spr_2g_099.png

NotLobster
lv64/Mystic Water
Surf/Crabhammer/Strength/Whirlpool

Spr_2g_101.png

Orbbb
lv62/Quick Claw
Thunder/Swift/Light Screen/Flash

Spr_2g_124.png

Mel B
lv59/Nevermeltice
Psychic/Shadow Ball/Blizzard/Perish Song

Spr_2g_126.png

Scotch
lv61/Charcoal
Flamethrower/Fire Punch/Thunder Punch/Sunny Day

Spr_2g_212.png

Diggles
lv63/Metal Coat
Headbutt/Wing Attack/Metal Claw/Swords Dance

I'll probably start with Emerald as the next one.

Years
After having received her first Pokémon, Janna walked through an abundance of tall grass as she headed north to Jubilife City. Avocado, being a very Hardy Pokémon, happily threw herself into battle and engaged her opponents with a brave front. It seemed like she loved to battle, and the glint in her eyes made Janna realize that she probably would be an indispensible part of her team.

After the defeat of a few Starly, Bidoof, and Shinx, the two made it to Jubilife. There they participated in a little scavenger hunt to obtain Janna's first Pokétch before stocking up on some Poké Balls. Janna had to be extra prepared for any tougher encounters of her future green Pokémon friends.

"You ready, Avocado?" Janna asked. "I have plans to catch a Roselia later, but for now you'll be the star of the show. The gym coming up is a Rock-type gym, so it'll be your time to shine."

"Turt-wig!" Turtwig said boldly.

And so they proceeded on. More trainers challenged them but did not stand a chance. Janna spotted some Budew during her journey, but she had already decided she would wait until she encounters a Roselia to make the evolution process a little easier.

They spent the day crossing a route as well as a cave before arriving at Oreburgh City. There, they headed south to the mines, eager to encounter the first gym leader, Roark. He was occupied with mining, but seemed just as eager to see a new challenger approach.

"Looks like this will be a tough fight for me if you chose Turtwig as your starter Pokémon, but I'll still do my best." Roark clenched his fist and bumped it against his chest in determination. "I'll see you at the gym, Janna!"

Janna made sure to heal Avocado of her injuries after the trainers she had battled to get here. Avocado popped out of her Poké Ball and jumped from the counter down to her feet, looking especially ready.

They made their way to the gym, spirits blazing, and made quick work of the trainers that blocked their path.

At the end stood Roark, crossing his hands and smiling as they approached.

"Looks like you made it, Janna! I expected no less."

He immediately sent out his first Pokémon, Geodude. In response, Janna called on Avocado to join the battle. The two stared each other down before quickly dashing forward on their trainers' command. They exchanged blows before Geodude fell to a trusty Absorb that Janna's Pokémon was ordered to use to regain the HP lost during previous battles.

Onix was released right after, however it also did not stand a chance against the quadruple effective grass move Avocado had in her arsenal.

Roark was not willing to give up, however. He sent out Cranidos, who looked much more formidable than the foes before it.

Janna commanded Avocado to fire a barrage of Razor Leaves, which all hit Cranidos for high damage. In response, it landed both a Headbutt and Pursuit, bringing Avocado down to low health. She grunted, trying to shake off the damage.

Roark and Janna then commanded their Pokémon at the same time - it was a battle of Razor Leaf versus Headbutt!

The two both took damage, but in the end, Cranidos fell first. Avocado yelled in victory and stomped her feet, then began emitting a glow - she was evolving! She became slightly bigger and two green bushes sprouted out of her back. She looked back at Janna, enjoying being showered in the praise her trainer was offering her.

Roark recalled his Cranidos and smiled at his challenger. "You two did great," he said before extending a hand with a glistening object in it. "Here's your badge."

"Avocado, we did it!" Janna cheered. She then took out a small book from her backpack and quickly flipped through its pages. "The official color chart may not recognize you as being in the 'green' category anymore, but don't worry, you'll get that classification back once you evolve again." She rubbed the back of her head, confused at how this was decided. Avocado, on the other hand, didn't seem too bothered.

The two exited the gym, waving to Roark on their way.

"Aren't you excited for our next adventure, where we'll be going against a fellow Grass-type enthusiast?" she said with a cheer. Avocado ran in a circle and voiced her anticipation. "Me too!" said Janna. "Then, let's get going!"

grotle.png

Avocado | Lv. 19 | ♀
Tackle, Withdraw, Absorb, Razor Leaf​

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So I completed the challenge :)
Here's the team I complete it with.

Spr_2s_034.png

Moxxie, the Nidoking♂
Level 52
Leer, Earthquake, Headbutt and Double Kick