• 6 replies

ReKoil

Male
Netherlands
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
11,739 posts
1.6 Years
Did anyone else hunt for the unown forms in the Solaceon Ruins?

I caught the ? & ! today and now have them all:
Spoiler:

Trade Shop | My HA pokemon trade sheet. | My Shinies. | My VPP.
Mega Medicham @ Level 100: 11.820 | Mantyke @ Lv 100: 11,527

sniebel

ニューラ

Age 27
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
124 posts
8.6 Years
That's the first thing I did when I got there. It was fun seeing the maniac tunnel completed before I even talked to the maniac.

Sheep

She/Her
Australia
Online now
Posted 7 Minutes Ago
35,356 posts
15.3 Years
I just have one letter so far! Definitely planning on trying for them all post game, as a bit of a nod to my kid self who did it in GSC. Congrats on getting them all! :D
Male
United States
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
346 posts
1.7 Years
I started doing it last night, caught at least ten or so and then fell asleep with my Switch on, only to wake up and turn it off without saving 😢
Like to read? Check out some of the works on my website!

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
5,303 posts
11.7 Years
I was planning on farming Unown in HG and caught about half of the pokemon. But now I might do it in here just to make it easier.

I do have a question, do you have to do anything special to get all the Unown, especially ? and ! like you had to in HGSS? I've never really payed attention to the ruins.

ReKoil

Male
Netherlands
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
11,739 posts
1.6 Years
I was planning on farming Unown in HG and caught about half of the pokemon. But now I might do it in here just to make it easier.

I do have a question, do you have to do anything special to get all the Unown, especially ? and ! like you had to in HGSS? I've never really payed attention to the ruins.
Putting this in a spoiler for anyone who wants to figure out how the ruins work on their own.

Spoiler:
The entry room is empty and has no Unown. After that all the bigger rooms have 1 Fixed unown, in the following order: F ,R, I, E, N, D.
The small side-rooms are where all the other unown are (except for ? & !). As such, getting a particular one can be a nuisance. My last missing Unown was the K and took me several hours of grinding before one finally showed itself to me. Each side room is the same.
The ? & ! Unown can be caught only after you have caught all the other ones. You access it from 'Ruins Maniac's Cave' on Route 214.

Trade Shop | My HA pokemon trade sheet. | My Shinies. | My VPP.
Mega Medicham @ Level 100: 11.820 | Mantyke @ Lv 100: 11,527