Survey A Fakemon Showcase for a Hack I'm Making

Started by testtheteam4 November 19th, 2021 12:08 AM
  • 14 replies
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted December 4th, 2021
21 posts
92 Days
Hello rom hacking community. This is a pretty small thread where I plan to have some Fakemon sprites critiqued for a rom hack I intend to make. So far, I only have a few sprites I have here on my laptop but I hope you enjoy them. If you somehow see this thread, and the Fakemon, feel free to leave comments about their design. Thank you.

P.S: Please keep any comments respectful, and in case of negative feedback, constructive criticism is much more appreciated. Thank you.

11.23.2021:
As per user Corveone's feedback on the design of Draculord, I decided to shrink the bony protrusions on its shoulders to better emphasize its other features and overall to reduce clutter in the design. However, I stuck with the pose because, I kinda like it.

Spacewalker

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
951 posts
2.5 Years
Fan Games Staff Post
Hello rom hacking community. This is a pretty small thread where I plan to have some Fakemon sprites critiqued for a rom hack I intend to make. So far, I only have a few sprites I have here on my laptop but I hope you enjoy them. If you somehow see this thread, and the Fakemon, feel free to leave comments about their design. Thank you.

P.S: Please keep any comments respectful, and in case of negative feedback, constructive criticism is much more appreciated. Thank you.
Approved, though I moved it to the correct sub-forum.
I personally like the designs. Decided on names yet?
Seen 1 Week Ago
21 posts
92 Days
For the bat, I named it Draculord, based on vampire bats and Dracula.
The dragon is my regional variant Gyarados. Leaning more into the oriental dragon mythology.
The mushroom's named Mushroserk, based on berserker vikings and the fly agaric mushroom (which is proposed to be what caused the berserker's trance.)

I am very glad you like it, thank you.
Seen 1 Week Ago
21 posts
92 Days
I decided to have not only the designs critiqued, but also how balanced they are in terms of stats/movepool/ability

Draculord:
Type: Dark/Ghost
Stats:
Spoiler:
HP: 78
Atk: 120
Def: 82
SpA: 57
SpD: 89
Spe: 130

Abilities:
Spoiler:
Insomnia
Unnerve

Hidden Ability:
Spoiler:
Regenerator

Notable Moves:
Spoiler:
Sucker Punch
Knock Off
Pursuit
Poltergeist
Shadow Claw
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Fire
Fire Punch
Close Combat
Poison Jab
Leech Life
U-Turn
Seen 1 Week Ago
21 posts
92 Days
Regional Gyarados (Haven't decided on the region name):
Type: Water/Dragon (FINALLY)
Stats:
Spoiler:
HP: 95
Attack: 125
Defense: 79
SpA: 60
SpD: 100
Spe: 81

Ability:
Spoiler:

Intimidate

Hidden Ability:
Spoiler:
Mold Breaker

Notable Moves:
Spoiler:

Waterfall
Liquidation
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Taunt
Substitute
Roar
Dragon Tail
Seen 1 Week Ago
21 posts
92 Days
Mushroserk
Type: Grass/Fighting
Stats:
Spoiler:
HP: 72
Atk: 122
Def: 78
SpA: 67
SpD: 79
Spe: 82

Abilities:
Spoiler:
Effect Spore
Battle Armor

Hidden Ability:
Spoiler:
Adaptability

Notable Moves:
Spoiler:

Leaf Blade
Seed Bomb
Close Combat
Brick Break
Stone Edge
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance

Also, for Mushroserk and its prevo (might sprite it in a little while) the Big Mushroom doubles Speed.
Seen 1 Week Ago
21 posts
92 Days
Sure they might seem a little op, but don't worry, I intend to make fakemon that both make sense design and concept wise, and play well in the balancing of the game. And, here's a spoiler alert:
Spoiler:
All official Pokemon are only available in the post game, so for the main game, you get to only utilize my Fakemon.

I intend this hack to be up there with the famous ones, like Unbound, Radical Red, Clover, Vega and others. Wish me luck guys!

.hack

skunkape

Age 26
Male
London, England
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
681 posts
14.3 Years
I like all three sprites but I actually think that regional gyarados would be better as a original mon unrelated to Gyarados, or maybe just a similar mon-line e.g. feebas/karp Tauros/Bouffalant type situation. Just a thought anyway, I can see the Gyarados inspiration but doesn't seem like a regional variant to me personally.
Seen 1 Week Ago
21 posts
92 Days
Greetings again, good people of the community, back here with another fakemon.
Introducing Imperavia!
Spoiler:

Based on the phoenix as well as the Russian Firebird. This is my region's pseudo-legendary!

Typing: Fire/Dragon
Stats:
Spoiler:

HP : 88
Atk : 113
Def : 85
SpA : 132
SpD : 79
Spe : 103

Abilities:
Spoiler:

Insomnia
Drought

Hidden Ability:
Magic Guard

Notable Moves
Spoiler:

Eruption
Heat Wave
Fire Blast
Overheat
Flare Blitz
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor
Outrage
Dragon Rush (Which in this rom hack is now a 120 bp move with 33% recoil [credits to an r/stunfisk user])
Dragon Dance
Solar Beam
Earthquake
Earth Power
Seen 1 Week Ago
21 posts
92 Days
Say hello to the first stage Grass type starter, Snailgae!
Based on algae, I modeled this Fakemon after snails, since their shapes are (kinda) similar. This Pokemon loves to bask in the sun. The shell on its back fumes out oxygen as a result of this photosynthesis.
Spoiler:

Since it's still just a basic stage, I don't have much of an idea yet how its stat spread should go (sorry Little Cup players!). I will think of it sooner or later though but for now, critique and enjoy the design :).