• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Predictions! Do you guys believe will get an update that'll add the Legends Arceus mons to the game?

edfrick

Pilot of EVA-00
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 17, 2024
I'm personally hoping that when BDSP eventually gets a Pokémon Home update, we'll be able to transfer Pokémon from legends; I think it would be a bit strange if we aren't able to bring them into modern-day Sinnoh. On a somewhat unrelated note, I believe it be more likely they will appear in sword and shield due to competitive still being played using swsh, but what do you guys think?

Years
I really don't think they will honestly. It seems like they want to remain faithful to the original games, to the point where they won't bring any Pokemon that didn't exist back then into BDSP. Would be awesome to be proven wrong but if they didn't even bring popular eeveelution Sylveon over then I can't see anything else making it, even if it's canonically from Sinnoh, since it didn't exist back when DP came out. I feel like whatever new forms/mons that exist in Legends will just stay in Legends only.

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
Years
I highly doubt it that we could transfer Hisuian Pokémon into Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. Wouldn't make a lot of sense anyway.

And giving that Game Freak went the extra mile with the "as faithful as possible to the originals" thing they did, I am not really going to expect anything else other then finally make us be able to use the GWS later this year.

Years
I think I have already said this on another post, but I will say that again. I mainly agree with what Sheep said. I think that from Home people will be able to transfer only old pokemon and i don't think Hisuian pokemon will be transferrable to BDSP or Swo/Shi. The "lore" behind Hisuian pokemon is that if they can't be found in the modern days, they're probably extinct. If it's the case, I would appreciate if Hisuian forms would stay just in Hisui. That would be great. Knowing the franchise tho, I pretty much doubt that. More realistically those pokemon could be transferred to new generation games.

Back