• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pET PEEVES

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
use this thread to complain about stuff. caps lock is optional

i hate that "Send to Box" doesn't allow you to specify what box a particular Pokémon should go in. I have my boxes nice and organized by type but send to box just dumps them in whatever one i last used aND I HAVE TO GO CLEAN UP THE MESS LATER

Last edited:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I hate the fact that when I press Y to use Pokémon Refresh after a battle, I cannot unpress Y because I realized I don't want to pet that Pokémon but now I have to

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
In gen 1 I hate having to save every time I switch boxes. There also isn't pictures next to the Pokemon, so if I nicknamed something, it takes a painfully long time to find it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I hate that you can't transfer Pokemon from Gold and Silver to gen 6. They should have supported both gen 1 and 2.

NergyTheMighty

Can't we all just get along? Pretty please?
Years
I hate that you can't transfer Pokemon from Gold and Silver to gen 6. They should have supported both gen 1 and 2.
Actually, support for Gen II on Pokebank is online right now, so you shouldn't worry about that! If you want Gen II Pokemon into Gen VI, do it from there!...plus PokeTransporter.

Anyway, my biggest peeve is how roaming legendaries worked in Gens II and III (possibly Gen IV as well, but honestly I didn't have too many problems there). I swear to Arceus they're toying with me: I'll be in the route right next to the route the legendary is at the moment (or legendaries, as that can happen, but it's very uncommon, and all the more infuriating), and when I try to go there, it just takes off! And when I finally do encounter it, it takes off before I can even land a blow! ...which BLOWS!!!

There are strategies, however, to keep your sanity as you try and locate them:
  • Find two "map" locations that you can walk between seamlessly, such as Routes 37 and 36 in Gen II. The game resets their positions every time you go through a map screen transition of sorts, so finding two places not seperated by checkpoints makes sure the legendaries don't travel too far as you're travelling to find them.
  • Mean Look and Block aren't the only good trapping moves to use against roaming legendaries. Moves like Whirlpool or Fire Spin not only trap them, but whittle their HP down to a level fit for capture. Don't abuse them too much, however: it could leave the legendary dead.
  • Master Balls and Fast Balls are the best ways to catch roaming legendaries. That way, you don't just throw 50 Ultra Balls for 50 captures and they fail each time. Master Balls will always work, and Fast Balls have a better rate of capture than Ultra Balls when they're used against Pokemon quick to flee (or with a base 100 speed in the case of Gen IV, which both Raikou and Entei share).

... ... ...welp, there's my hundred cents! :t154:

NergyTheMighty

Can't we all just get along? Pretty please?
Years
Wait, hold up, I see where you're getting at now! Sadly, there was absolutely no way Gen II Pokemon would conform to Gen III standards, due to them having completely different ways in how IVs were calculated. If the old IVs, known as DVs back then, were sent to Gen III with the family of new IVs, it would confuse the two games and most likely cause some sort of corruption to both. Yes, everyone's sad that there was a hole in the cross-Gen transfer lineup, but when it came to new technologies, the old ones simply couldn't hold up; if trading between Gens II and III was alive, both generations would meet a very brutal and melancholy end as people complained about Game Freak "letting this happen" and whatnot.

... ... ...was I too philosophical? :psy copy:

smocks

fiat lux
Years
A pet peeve coming on the top of my head is that you're only restricted to use the circle pad to move while playing Gen 7.

Don't get me wrong, I love the circle pad but I get so scared that my circle pad is going to fall off due to using it so frequently that I want to use the cross to give it a "break"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I don't really have any means of transferring Pokemon from a gen 2 cartridge all the way up. I meant the online gold and silver games. I'm pretty sure you can transfer red, blue and yellow Pokemon to gen 6 but shiny hunting is much harder in gen 1 with having to transfer to see if they are shiny. Plus they are full odds. Gen 2 had the breeding with a shiny method. However personally I don't have any interest in transferring shinies to gen 7.

I guess another pet peeve would be the fact you have to press a button to go into buildings, namely the Pokemon center in gen 7. Not sure why they changed that.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I guess another pet peeve would be the fact you have to press a button to go into buildings, namely the Pokemon center in gen 7. Not sure why they changed that.
I wonder if it might be some kind of technical thing? If the world is truly 3D with no grid, it's possible it's either inconvenient to detect exactly when they touch the door model, or generally faster for players to just press a button when they're near it. That's the way it works in most 3D games, it's just new to Pokémon.

Years
I'm tired of Umbreon winning every Dark type poll here. Give other Dark types a chance!

That may not be specifically related to the games but rather a poll on this very forum, but yes I do feel Umbreon is extremely overrated mostly because it's the only Pokemon to win its type's poll every single year since the FPT events started.

Last edited:
Back