Shashu-Greninja

"With great power comes great responsibility"- When you have the power to change the world it's your responsibility to make the right decisions to change it in the positive way that will benefit everybody.

Male
Kalos Region
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
97 posts
1 Years
Introduction
This plugin mimics the Gen5 (BW and B2W2) Signpost in Pokemon Essentials. It is an update of Shiney570's BW Location SIgnpost script to Essentials v19.1, with a lot of improvement and new features.

Compatibility
This script has been tested compatible with Pokemon Essentials v19.1 and the Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19.1. Any version lower than that isn't tested for compatibility with this Plugin.

Changes from Shiney570's version
1. Updated to v19.1.
2. Some custom signpost graphics along with the original ones (eg:- Forest, Cave).
3. Uses the Original font used for writing the route numbers in the callout in the splash.
4. Support for 3 digit route numbers.
5. Seasons splash is shown according to the BW Seasons and not real world seasons.
Note: This plugin doesn't aim to create a script for changing tilesetrs according to seasons. This uses Pokemon Essentials v19.1 default season method to show seasons.

Pictures

Instalation Instructions
1.Download the BW Signpost.rar from the link below with the Graphics and Plugins and extract and replace its contents in your projects main folder.
BW Signpost.rar
2.In BW_SignPosts_Config.rb , you can set which locations is considered by which name in the arrays and also..
SHOW_SEASONS = true
...to your choice according to the instructions provided.

Credits
Shiney570 (Original)
DeepBlue PacificWaves (Some Graphic Rips)
Shashu Greninja (Update and Improvement)

Shashu-Greninja

"With great power comes great responsibility"- When you have the power to change the world it's your responsibility to make the right decisions to change it in the positive way that will benefit everybody.

Male
Kalos Region
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
97 posts
1 Years
Very Minor Update

Fixed a bug with the custom Port and Desert Signposts names in the code which caused the None Signpost Graphic to be used. Thanks to @Cross Agento on Relic Castle for reporting this bug. The update included very minor change in the script with just two words changing... But ya if you plan having some desert or port map, mind updating the script!
The download link is still the same

Shashu-Greninja

Male
Kalos Region
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
97 posts
1 Years
I already asked this on relic castle but would it bit possible to make the seasons signposts appear based on the time of day? Bacause whej i try to do it myself whit "getTimeNow" i gives me an error at line 209 even though i don't touch that part
Um sorry, I probably didnt reply because I was busy with my exams and also with my personal life. But changing to the original topic, what do you want? Like show morning/ evening/ afternoon to show in place of spring/ autumn/ winter or you want to show what time it is like 4:00 PM?

Speaking of the error, there could me many reasons why that is popping up, but I think theres some problem with how the season splash comes, but I will help you up qith the code once you tell me what you actually want.
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
4 posts
219 Days
thanks for replying i am trying to show morning/ evening/ afternoon in place of spring/ autumn/ winter. i tried to replace
Spoiler:
if SHOW_SEASONS == true
@season=Sprite.new
if pbIsSpring # Jan, May, Sep
@season.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Location/","Spring")
elsif pbIsSummer # Feb, Jun, Oct
@season.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Location/","Summer")
elsif pbIsAutumn # Mar, Jul, Nov
@season.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Location/","Autumn")
elsif pbIsWinter # Apr, Aug, Dec
@season.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Location/","Winter")
end

with
Spoiler:
if SHOW_SEASONS == true
@season=Sprite.new
[if (pbGetTimeNow.hour>=20 or pbGetTimeNow.hour<5) # Jan, May, Sep
elsif (pbGetTimeNow.hour>=5 and pbGetTimeNow.hour<10) # Feb, Jun, Oct
elsif (pbGetTimeNow.hour>=14 and pbGetTimeNow.hour<17) # Mar, Jul, Nov
elsif (pbGetTimeNow.hour>=17 and pbGetTimeNow.hour<20) # Apr, Aug, Dec
end]

Shashu-Greninja

Male
Kalos Region
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
97 posts
1 Years
thanks for replying i am trying to show morning/ evening/ afternoon in place of spring/ autumn/ winter. i tried to replace
Spoiler:
if SHOW_SEASONS == true
@season=Sprite.new
if pbIsSpring # Jan, May, Sep
elsif pbIsSummer # Feb, Jun, Oct
elsif pbIsAutumn # Mar, Jul, Nov
elsif pbIsWinter # Apr, Aug, Dec
end

with
Spoiler:
if SHOW_SEASONS == true
@season=Sprite.new
[if (pbGetTimeNow.hour>=20 or pbGetTimeNow.hour<5) # Jan, May, Sep
elsif (pbGetTimeNow.hour>=5 and pbGetTimeNow.hour<10) # Feb, Jun, Oct
elsif (pbGetTimeNow.hour>=14 and pbGetTimeNow.hour<17) # Mar, Jul, Nov
elsif (pbGetTimeNow.hour>=17 and pbGetTimeNow.hour<20) # Apr, Aug, Dec
end]
Well, you can try with this script, I have tested it to work (Replace the same portion):
    if SHOW_SEASONS == true
		time = pbGetTimeNow
        @season=Sprite.new
		if PBDayNight.isDay?(time)
			if PBDayNight.isMorning?(time)
			  @season.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Location/","Morning")
			elsif PBDayNight.isAfternoon?(time)
			  @season.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Location/","Afternoon")
			elsif PBDayNight.isEvening?(time)
			  @season.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Location/","Evening")
			else
			  @season.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Location/","Day")
			end
        elsif PBDayNight.isNight?(time)
			@season.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Location/","Night")
		end
        @season.y=Settings::SCREEN_HEIGHT
        @season.z=99999
    end
Note: This will cause an error because the graphics for Morning/ Afternoon/Evening/Day/Night is not there, so make sure to create them first. Also the variable name for the graphics is stil @seasons, so you can replace all with something like @daytime to make it more logical, but its completely fine to keep it as it is!