• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism [Premiering on Twitch Plays Pokemon in On October 9th]

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
My save isn't working. I save, exit the game, and open back up the game and it just says "New Game".

Super Ultra Mega Charizard

not a beginner trainer :P
Years
My save isn't working. I save, exit the game, and open back up the game and it just says "New Game".

You should use savestates for that. Press F1 and Shift on your keyboard and then press F1 when you want to load back the game.
CBM, will there be 5th gen pokemon? I made some devamps of them if you're interested...

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Ditto. I emailed him the bug. Hope it gets fixed soon. :)

Probably your emulator settings but meh...

Edit: I tested it out extensively and it appears to revert saves, but again I think it's just the emulator settings. I've seen that happen with Crystal version too. Maybe its just me. o-o; And the trainer with the lv 10 Gardevoir in Rinjo Forest (or whatever its called) just froze the game.. I guess I'll try to replicate it and e-mail him.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
And the trainer with the lv 10 Gardevoir in Rinjo Forest (or whatever its called) just froze the game..

If you talk to them from behind, then they will do that. Don't talk to them from behind. Just go in front of them, and they'll have a regular grass team, with no Gardevoir level 10 or freezing the game.

E3DaMeX

This game is ca$h. Found a typo, though. When you battle your rival in the miner's cave (I think that's the name), he says, and I quote, "I think it time to see if...". It should be "I think it's time etc.". Also, when I battled the Pallet Patroller's Porygon, it used conversion and it said "changed to type ~!!@ <--- random symbols like that. Again, this game is the epitome of greatness.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
...Congratulations. This is incredible. It is all I hoped it to be and then some.

My progress is grinding before starting the 4th gym and all of it's sidequests. I love my team because I have never tried using some of the Pokemon on it:

Ariados L23

Larvitar L23 Everstoned

Natu L23

Totodile L23 Everstoned

Quilava L24 Everstoned

I have some things I would like to go over though:

Complaints

1. Is it possible to catch Pokemon is Laurel Forest at all? If not, this makes Trapinch impossible to catch much to my dismay.

2. I think to improve gameplay you should change some of the odds of Mining. It cost me over 20,000 PK and more soft resets than I could count to get enough Coal for a Fossil Pokemon.

3. There are several minor glitches and misdirection here and there with almost all activities. This isn't a bad thing in anyway (it's a hack, not a Holy Grail of gaming), but if you want this to be the best game possible it is neccessary to fix these problems. For example, I walked around Mound Cave for 30 minutes trying to find the 5th stick of Dynamite. I was almost positive the miner said 5, though I may be mistaken.

4. Out of curiosity, is their still a shiny animation? I caught a purple Dratini and couldn't tell if it was shiny or if that was the sprite you picked.

Things I Loved

1. Laurel Forest. Despite the aforementioned complaint, it was one of the highlights of the game. I think it would be interesting to introduce "New Missions" as you continued through the game. E.G., after defeating Gym #5 you can go rescue Bellosom. Very fun and entertaining. Dissapointed I couldn't get Charmander though...

2. The Fossil Revival Minigame. I really enjoyed this. It reminded me alot of a Minigame in Zoo Tycoon to get extinct animals. Do the panels change for different Fossil Pokemon?

3. Perhaps my favorite detail of the game: The Orphanage. Just Lovely. The Music you chose was perfect. The concept was just awesome. The Points seemed really fair. I really loved that, because it is something true that most trainers don't realize. We take our Pokemon and if they don't work out just right, we toss them into the PC box where they live out the rest of their lives lonely. I was surprised when I didn't see this, so may I suggest putting in Cubone? It is literally "The Orphan" Pokemon. Maybe have it with some side plot upstairs?

4. Shiny Ball. That is truly and Epic Win good sir. That's sort of what I want to catch Trapinch with BTW! ^_^

There is much more I could say about all of these things, but I wish to stop here as to not seem pushy.

Yes, KBM, Koolboyman, Coolboyman, and whatever your name really is. You have succeeded. This game has offered me the oppurtunity to plunge into an unknown world all over again. To listen to the 8-bit tunes that make me well up with Nostalgia, and bond with my not only my team, but my friends. I am very interested in what Naljo has to offer and cannot wait for more.

Thank you for your time and effort.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Now that I've caught a Shiny Dratini with the shiny ball I'm all finished, the most epic hack of pokemon I've ever played. Thanks for the great time, the final version is going to blow my mind.

Possible error: My sheildon was holding a Key Item Red Orb (Groudon in game possibly?), or was it intentional?

EDIT: Guess I'll post team...
Quilava/Flash! - Lv.28
Croconaw/Croco - Lv.20
Ampharios/Light Bulb - Lv.30
Cranidos/Coal Smash - Lv.26
Shiny Dratini - Lv.28
Tyranitar/Megiddo (Main Fighter) - Lv.41

Last edited:

hitsu.

♪`ichirin no hana`♫
Years
This game > all.

Speechless... ahhh... a true masterpiece. The features, new pokemon, graphics, story. It's all basically PERFECT.

Last edited:

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Glad you're all liking it. Make me happy that all my hard work wasn't all for naught :)

Now to tackle on some complains or things you didn't like. I like hearing constructive criticism so don't worry, it helps me get better.

Complaints

1. Is it possible to catch Pokemon is Laurel Forest at all? If not, this makes Trapinch impossible to catch much to my dismay.

2. I think to improve gameplay you should change some of the odds of Mining. It cost me over 20,000 PK and more soft resets than I could count to get enough Coal for a Fossil Pokemon.

3. There are several minor glitches and misdirection here and there with almost all activities. This isn't a bad thing in anyway (it's a hack, not a Holy Grail of gaming), but if you want this to be the best game possible it is neccessary to fix these problems. For example, I walked around Mound Cave for 30 minutes trying to find the 5th stick of Dynamite. I was almost positive the miner said 5, though I may be mistaken.

4. Out of curiosity, is their still a shiny animation? I caught a purple Dratini and couldn't tell if it was shiny or if that was the sprite you picked.

1. No, but you can get Trapinch later.
2. It's supposed to be hard to get. If I made it easy then everyone would have fossils and extinct Pokemon.
3. I've gotten reports from several people and I'm going to make a new version today repairing them. Believe me, 2 weeks ago there were a LOT more glitches but the testers helped me get rid of most of them. There's just a million things in Prism so please understand if I overlook some of them during the first release.
4. The shiny animation should still be there, but I'll look into that later

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
I highly appreciate your response to my complaints and concerns. I hope to see more in the future.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

P.S. I really enjoy the Professor. After seeing what he says to you in the Pokedex Rating, I'm going to try and fill my Pokedex just to see what he thinks! ^_^

Back