• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Trouble removing Oak's script.

vashicool777

Creating an event!
Years
I'm newer to rom hacking and I have looked all over unless I searched for the wrong keywords. I'm trying to remove Oak's script entirely, as in skipping him, the character selection and naming. I want to be able to start the game with it auto selecting the female character and a name. I have a name for the character already just have to implement it.

BluRose

blu rass
Years
I'm newer to rom hacking and I have looked all over unless I searched for the wrong keywords. I'm trying to remove Oak's script entirely, as in skipping him, the character selection and naming. I want to be able to start the game with it auto selecting the female character and a name. I have a name for the character already just have to implement it.
use these patches and just replace the male character with your desired female
as for setting a name, ask this user for some asm i gave him a while ago to set the name to a static one. tell him i sent you {XD}
good luck! happy hacking~

vashicool777

Creating an event!
Years
use these patches and just replace the male character with your desired female
as for setting a name, ask this user for some asm i gave him a while ago to set the name to a static one. tell him i sent you {XD}
good luck! happy hacking~

Thanks a lot. Later on I figured out how to just exit the hex values to get rid of the intro and oaks intro. And i tried using your patch to change the character to female but it just does auto male. Sorry I'm really new to this.

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Thanks a lot. Later on I figured out how to just exit the hex values to get rid of the intro and oaks intro. And i tried using your patch to change the character to female but it just does auto male. Sorry I'm really new to this.
which is why you then replace the male character (sprites and the like) with those of the female~

Back