• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemon_hacking

blah_maker
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2012
why does the applymovement not work after i use warp
'---------------
#org 0x8012E9
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto 0x8801309
msgbox 0x880130F MSG_NORMAL '"Hi.\nMy name is Diego."
call 0x88011F0
call 0x8801464
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x801309
clearflag 0x200
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x801464
msgbox 0x880148A MSG_FACE '"hahahaª ÌÉÀ[m]Ñ\h80ËÔ FÑ\h80ËÌÁ\h4..."
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8801485
waitmovement 0x0
release
return

'---------------
#org 0x8011F0
warp 0x0 0x9 0x0 0x0 0x0
return

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80130F
= Hi.\nMy name is Diego.

#org 0x80148A
= hahahaª ÌÉÀ[m]Ñ\h80ËÔ FÑ\h80ËÌÁ\h4F

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x801485
#raw 0x5 'Step Up (Slow)
#raw 0x15 'Slide Down
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

Last edited:

NintendoWalkthrudude

Creator of Pokemon Ninja!
Years
Hmmm... My problem still hasn't been answered. I MIGHT know the possible issue with it, but I need a little bit of verification. This is the script.
It is for FireRed, it is a Sign.
Spoiler:

Now, when I look at it in XSE, the offset at the top of the XSE window still says 0x, but in grey, so I cannot type there. I believe that is my problem on why the game won't set the script. How should I fix this problem?

This is how you should have it:
Code:
#dynamic 0x(offset)

#org @start
msgbox @1 0x3
end

#org @1
= Alright Grunt, let's test\nyour jumping abilities.\lLeap down these ledges.

You always need to have dynamic start offset, and a #org @start to initiate the script. Everything else was correct.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
the problem with my rom is that with level scripts

Today I've inserted about 4 level scripts in, and when I tried to insert the 5th it displayed the same offset and flag number as the previous one i inserted.

Could this be happening becuase I inserted too many level scripts in my rom? or because Of some other unexplained reason?

btw it also displayed the same unhighlited script offset tab as in the previous script I did. And also when I replace the data in one of the maps, the same replaced data is on the other map.

any help is appreciated ^^

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
Hello. I need help on a Script please. I'm currently making a Script to battle a Shiny Pokemon. I've completed the Script - nearly. I need to know the command to make the Pokemon Shiny. Thanks in advance.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
why does the applymovement not work after i use warp

Because a script automatically ends after a warp. If you're warping to another map and you want to make something happen upon entering, like what you were trying, you would have to use a level script on the map of destination.

NatureKeeper

This map script is of the map that the player begins in after the truck script is bypassed using one method using warpmuted. Anyway, this is supposed to make the player look up, and lapras talks, black screen, setflag of lapras sorite and hide it, then 0x0 fade effect to recover. That does it. But, it doesn't do anything but a screen of pure blackness.

Note that this map script is the kind that is used here:
2qw37f7.png

Name: Pokemon Dark Forces, Based on the TotoMud Roleplay
Base: Pokémon Ruby US
Application used: XSE 1.1.1

Spoiler:

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
I have a little problem with that.

This map script is of the map that the player begins in after the truck script is bypassed using one method using warpmuted. Anyway, this is supposed to make the player look up, and lapras talks, black screen, setflag of lapras sorite and hide it, then 0x0 fade effect to recover. That does it. But, it doesn't do anything but a screen of pure blackness.

Note that this map script is the kind that is used here:
2qw37f7.png

Name: Pokemon Dark Forces, Based on the TotoMud Roleplay
Base: Pokémon Ruby US
Application used: XSE 1.1.1

Spoiler:

Fixed it, don't use checkflag in a level script, a var is all you need.

Hmmm... My problem still hasn't been answered. I MIGHT know the possible issue with it, but I need a little bit of verification. This is the script.
It is for FireRed, it is a Sign.
Spoiler:

Now, when I look at it in XSE, the offset at the top of the XSE window still says 0x, but in grey, so I cannot type there. I believe that is my problem on why the game won't set the script. How should I fix this problem?

You should open the rom file when compiling it, that should fix it.

pokemon_hacking

blah_maker
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2012
Because a script automatically ends after a warp. If you're warping to another map and you want to make something happen upon entering, like what you were trying, you would have to use a level script on the map of destination.

ok sweet but ive tired for 3 months trying 2 make a level script all on my own and bah no wrky so i need someone 2 really dumb it down for me i would greatful appricate it

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
the problem with my rom is that with level scripts

Today I've inserted about 4 level scripts in, and when I tried to insert the 5th it displayed the same offset and flag number as the previous one i inserted.

Could this be happening becuase I inserted too many level scripts in my rom? or because Of some other unexplained reason?

btw it also displayed the same unhighlited script offset tab as in the previous script I did. And also when I replace the data in one of the maps, the same replaced data is on the other map.

any help is appreciated ^^
What you would do is add until you get a blank level script.
Example: This map is called Garen Town, and has 3 level scripts , and the 1st = On entering, 2nd = Setmaptile, 3rd = Validates values...

When you add one, it has the offset of the previous one you just added, like a validates values on a different map.
On Garen Town map(3 level scripts) you should add 1 more, and it should not be blank. Add another, and another until it is a blank level script entry, then delete the previous ones you just added.

It should work fine

Fixed it, don't use checkflag in a level script, a var is all you need.

You should open the rom file when compiling it, that should fix it.
You don't need lock in a Sign message.

ok sweet but ive tired for 3 months trying 2 make a level script all on my own and bah no wrky so i need someone 2 really dumb it down for me i would greatful appricate it
Well, what people should've done from the start was link you to my tutorial.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3664589&postcount=1http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141650

At the bottom, it's labeled Extras. There, you should have everything you need.

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2015
Theres something wrong with this script since it won't compile its the longest script ive made so is probably full of bugs.

it appears as Error 13 "Type Mismatch" on line 14

the script is supposed to make some one move and bring you the VS Seeker

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Theres something wrong with this script since it won't compile its the longest script ive made so is probably full of bugs.

it appears as Error 13 "Type Mismatch" on line 14

the script is supposed to make some one move and bring you the VS Seeker

Spoiler:
if 0x1 goto @take
it doesn't lead anywhere :)
Ya have to put #org @take somewhere :)

NintendoWalkthrudude

Years
Cooley can you help meh?

Posting your question a second time would have sufficed.

i did *sadface*

Well here is a third time:
Spoiler:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
i did *sadface*

Well here is a third time:
Spoiler:
Hmm... It's a long script, but I see a lot of things wrong with it. Before I begin surgerycorrecting, I'll need to know what's wrong.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2009
Script error

Hello,
I've got a little problem with my trainer script. The battle works, like it used to, but after it the guy should move to the right. And there is the problem: i can't get it working! After the dialogue right at the point where he should move, a cutscene from an empty picture frame... then the guy appears to be moved and the game crashes. Please Help!

Here's the script:

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x29F
if b_true goto $done
trainerbattle 1 0x0A8 $before $after $later
end

#org $before
$before 1 = Text

#org $after
$after 1 = Text

#org $later
message $kill
boxset 6
setflag 0x29F
applymovement 0x1 $move
waitmovement 0x1
release
end

#org $done
message $beat
boxset 6
release
end

#org $kill
$kill 1 = Text

#org $beat
$beat 1 = Text

#org $move
#raw 0xB
#raw 0xFE

NintendoWalkthrudude

Years
Hmm... It's a long script, but I see a lot of things wrong with it. Before I begin surgerycorrecting, I'll need to know what's wrong.

Well there is probobly a lot of errors, but the one that XSE is telling me is overflow on line 120 wrong paremeter type.
That is the give pokemon line after "you don't like speed eh?"

Feel free to fix anything that is wrong with it

Hello,
I've got a little problem with my trainer script. The battle works, like it used to, but after it the guy should move to the right. And there is the problem: i can't get it working! After the dialogue right at the point where he should move, a cutscene from an empty picture frame... then the guy appears to be moved and the game crashes. Please Help!

Here's the script:

Spoiler:
Your problem is, first and foremost you are using Pokescript which is a lot harder to use, I recommend XSE. More people know about it, which means you get help faster!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Well, I think the problem with my scripts, is that I do not know how to put them into the game.

This is my script for a Fire Red, Person Script.

Spoiler:

I reviewed my script many times. But I believe I have a problem with a part of it. On the top of XSE, by Debug and Show Log, where it says offset in grey, it never fills in with the offset. It always says 0x in grey, and I cannot type there. When I go into Advance Map, on the person I want to put the script it, I put in the correct offset ($3BE2B4), but when I go into the game, and talk to the guy, it just makes the noise when you hit the A button, and a script activates. The little Pinging noise.

Do any of you know how to fix this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back