• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Just a reminder to keep discussion to X and Y rather than other games (especially sequels to different games), please.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm sitting here hoping we don't get a ton of form changes in XY. I know we're talking about Dream Radar and its relation to XY, but still, it allowed us to get alternate forms of the Kami Trio in BW2, so I'm sitting here thinking "pleeeease don't do that to us again" lol :( I'm not a huge fan of making forms for the sake of making a new form though. It's a bit annoying when most legendaries start to have alternate forms, so I'd just like them to slim it down to one or two maybe. And that's all.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm sitting here hoping we don't get a ton of form changes in XY. I know we're talking about Dream Radar and its relation to XY, but still, it allowed us to get alternate forms of the Kami Trio in BW2, so I'm sitting here thinking "pleeeease don't do that to us again" lol :( I'm not a huge fan of making forms for the sake of making a new form though. It's a bit annoying when most legendaries start to have alternate forms, so I'd just like them to slim it down to one or two maybe. And that's all.

I don't think we'll get many new forms in X/Y. They won't need them with all the new Pokémon coming. In the next games after though they probably will in order to add something new in them.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Since I think I continued the off-topic slightly myself (my apologies for that), let me stay in that generation for a moment to bring up a cool feature there: PokéAthlon. Hurdles, epic soccer matches, and pounding of granite slabs of...granite.

Do you see something like this being a good feature in Gen. VI? Or has it lived its usefulness?

Cyclone

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
PokéAthlon would be cool, IF we played as the Pokemon. Like, control them.

There was nothing wrong with the original PokéAthlon, and I had fun playing it. However, I never used it. I DID NOT like making potions to improve my PokéAthlon performance. PokéAthlon is a MINI-Game; it should be short, skill based, fun little things.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think the return of the Pokethlon would be nice. Out of all the side things in Pokemon games, the only ones I liked were gen III contests and Pokethlon. It was fun! I think they could improve the detection of when you're tapping your Pokemon though. Or remove the touchscreen functionality, but idk. Last time they meddled with a previous side game, it came out a mess. Super Contests, I'm looking at you.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
OH, I absolutely loved the Pokeathlons. They were honestly quite fun to play and they reminded me of the Pokemon Stadium 1/2 minigames on the Nintendo 64.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd like to see them return also! I thought they were great. Simple, but great. And they worked really well. Let's just have gen III contests and Pokethlon. XD No need for new stuff, let's just have the old! lol

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I would like to see something completely new in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, rather than seeing a PokéAthlon or Contest. How about they introduce something like missions where Pokémon themselves get to do all sorts of actions to capture certain people or claim something very important?

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2013
One awesome thing would definitely be character customisation. If they added that my head would blow up and paint the walls with brain matter because of the immense excitement!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
One awesome thing would definitely be character customisation. If they added that my head would blow up and paint the walls with brain matter because of the immense excitement!

Yeah, I was exactly thinking the same thing. xD

After when I heard about Rollerskates in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y trailer, that's when I started thinking, "oh yes, there could be customization in the game". xD

It would be nice how you could redesign your character, like you could in Pokémon Battle Revolution, that would be so cool. ^^

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2013
im pretty sure this region is going to be based on Europe. I mean, theres so many signs. In the trailer in the rollerskating scene if you look at the background you can see something that resembles the Eiffel tower. And if thats not enough last year junichi masuda made a trip to, Drumroll please, Europe! So im pretty sure it wil be based on Europe.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
*laughs at the thought of possible new brain matter wall decoration in the future* xD xD

Yeah, I would really love the idea of customizing the player. Perhaps they didn't customize the player in the trailer so as to keep it a secret and make it a surprise! Who wants a surprise spoilt by a trailer? Haha.

And also, I'm almost 100% sure the new region's going to be based in Europe. Where else has that undeniable and famous structure of the Eiffel Tower? Well..there is a likeness of it in what we call Tokyo Tower in Japan, but I doubt this gen will be set in Japan again. But again, no one really knows for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back