• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Growing Old.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Everyone ages.

What are you most looking forward to as you grow older? Perhaps it could be marriage, a job, a family, school, etc. On the flip side, what do you fear the most about growing up? Maybe it's the loss of a friend, family member, way of life, etc.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im looking forward to maybe being sucessful and finding a career, buying a house, hopefully getting married if all goes well. As for what I fear? I have a big fear of being forced to change and nobe being able to really be myself and as I age and get old, not being able to do things I used to be able to/getting sick, etc. Hopefully that wont happen.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I guess the only thing I currently fear is losing my job/ being deported back to Canada. I am looking forward to saving and traveling, I guess you can say I am looking forward to being married one day (if that ever happens) and I am looking forward to I guess.. being more fashionable and grown up.

I'm also looking forward to my retirement, but not at the same time.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Not much either way.
I don't really think about the future very much. I also don't really care about life all that much so yeah. :T

In the more near future, I'm looking forward to seeing if a kitten I recently took in will look like his father. They already have pretty much identical pelts.

Again, in the more near future, I'm excited to have a fully EV trained team. n_n Which is what I'm working on while I wander around PC.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm anticipating independence, having the pride of my own living quarters, and moving in with my boyfriend!

However, I'm really not looking forward to the inevitable deaths of my mom and other older relatives who are already 50-60s. It's hard to think that in 40 years (which I know seems like a long time away, but it really isn't) there's a good chance none of them will be around.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Nothing. The only thing I look forward to is having a baby, that's it. I don't want to be old at all.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
The only things that excite me about the future is becoming a father and working as a journalist in NYC. I don't have any desire to grow old; I'd rather pass on at 50 than go on into my twilight years. Once I know that my children are going to be fine when I eventually leave this earth, I'll be satisfied. I already feel tired and old at the age of 19 anyway.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Mainly beginning a career and getting my own place. Marriage and whatnot will happen if it happens, all that stuff can wait for me.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
What I'm most afraid of when I grow old is dying. I hate the concept of death. But..it is a part of life and it's one of those things that we'll eventually have to face. The thing I'm most looking forward to as I age is my years in uni. (Mainly partying, making new friends and building the career I've always dreamed of.)

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'm looking forward to growing up because I don't want people calling me a little kid who can't do much in this world. I want to prove anyone I can be better than them. On the down side, however, I don't want to have wrinkles and etcetera.

Years
I'm actually scared of getting wrinkly and dying... not to mention I already find myself tiring out a lot despite the fact I'm only 20.

Years
I actually am looking forward to being old! It'll be fun just to be in retirement and sit on a porch and bake cookies, if we manage to survive past December 21st that is. I feel like when I'm old, I can just be at peace with the world, and look back on what was hopefully a successful and awesome life. What I'm scared of is that I'll look back and see a mass of mistakes and failure that my life turned out to be. :(

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Getting old in itself terrifies me but I'd rather do that than die prematurely, so I'll find a way to make my peace with that.

The things I look forward to in the future are basically marriage and having a career. I don't want children at all at any point in my life, but I might adopt a teenager or something, that way it's only a few-year commitment and I get to feel like I've had some sort of parental experience. I look forward to that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm looking forward to being so old I can say offensive things to people right in front of their face and they won't get offended because I'm old. I'd say I'm looking forward to embarrassing people I know because I'm old (because most old people seem to do that intentionally) and doing strange things (because most old people seem to do that intentionally as well), but I do those already.

Back