• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Darth TME

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Hello. I am making a TileMap Editor. It's pretty basic at the moment. But like... Give me feedback please. That'd be great. Thanks. :)

9y9dt.png

Features:
  • Significantly faster load times than other TileMap Editors.
  • SmartResize when loading a TileMap.
    Resizes the TileMap to how it should look. Only works for FireRed/LeafGreen currently.
  • TileMap and PaletteMap modes.
  • Zoom.
  • Fill tool.
  • Image-To-TileMap converter.

Features that are striked through are not yet implemented.

If you have some suggestions for future features, please post them here.

You need the latest .Net Framework for it to work because it's coded in C#. The source code is also attached.

<3

Last edited:

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years
Now this is what i call a decent tilemap editor! This is what we've been needing since NTME.

Great Job, darth. :D

~Sonic1

Iacobus

sǝɯɐɾ
Years
Another one.. People should just use grit and then deal with the palettes.

Anyway, in my opinion the UI needs a lot of work and the coding can be cleaner too.
Also, why don't you use classes? o.O

Apart from that, I wish you the best of luck.
PS: Try not to focus on Pokémon games only.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Thanks everyone, but please post any ideas you have.

Another one.. People should just use grit and then deal with the palettes.

Anyway, in my opinion the UI needs a lot of work and the coding can be cleaner too.
Also, why don't you use classes? o.O

Apart from that, I wish you the best of luck.
PS: Try not to focus on Pokémon games only.
I agree with all of your points. But this is the first I've heard of grit; looks interesting.

I dunno, when I use C# I just don't use classes. I don't really use C# for anything anyway, I only use C++ at uni. I should probably get into the habit of writing my code cleaner to begin with though.

I actually wrote this so I could hack another GBA game more easily. The already available editors here and so slow and annoying to use.

Thanks. :)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... interesting. Looks like we might have a better Tile Map Editor here, seeing as this one has the ability to re-adjust the size of the town map. Not just change the layout and the mapping of the graphics as well as the graphics image.

This could be an even more successful tool for generation 3 hacks, it'll be interesting to see what the developers of generation 3 ROM hacks could make using this tool, it's bringing generation 3 even more open to modifying the town map.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Hm... interesting. Looks like we might have a better Tile Map Editor here, seeing as this one has the ability to re-adjust the size of the town map. Not just change the layout and the mapping of the graphics as well as the graphics image.

This could be an even more successful tool for generation 3 hacks, it'll be interesting to see what the developers of generation 3 ROM hacks could make using this tool, it's bringing generation 3 even more open to modifying the town map.

This just edits the TileMap, if you want to make the game use bigger TileMaps for anything, you need to hack the ROM with ASM.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
This is amazing but I thought it said Darth Time in the toolbox lol

Back