• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

artificial RED | Complete 721 Pok?mon rombase | Update 12/08/16 | Version 1.1

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I'm glad to hear all this haha and epsilon you're life does seem to be good right now

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Things like that, probably not. Those kind of features, or DNS or something, users should add on their own. I want to keep this base Pokémon oriented.

Yes... It's better not to include them... Not all are willing to use those features...

Keep it up man! To be honest, I'm very excited with your release without the JPAN's engine and with the form/es and MEs/PRs... ^^

Years
Got bored and made this little teaser, mainly to show off some stuff, and expirement with Bandicam and Premiere :) Should be 60 FPS!

This base looks nice except one thing. It uses DollSteak's rombase. Don't get me wrong, it's a good base, but it contains plenty of bugs, some things are unfinished and don't work as intended. I'd prefer using a base that's as 'clean' as possible, that is, consists mostly of repointed and expanded tables.

Years
This base looks nice except one thing. It uses DollSteak's rombase. Don't get me wrong, it's a good base, but it contains plenty of bugs, some things are unfinished and don't work as intended. I'd prefer using a base that's as 'clean' as possible, that is, consists mostly of repointed and expanded tables.
You're right, except that the ini he provides will be enough for you to fix any errors. While it is annoying to go back and fix everything, it must be done. Also, I have a list of bug fixes for his patch.
This is the oldest one, probably isn't useful anymore.
The daycare fix.
Substitute fix.
Snow warning fix.
Natural Cure fix. I forget if this one actually works or not though.
Recoil and Leftovers fix.
Sand force fix.
For anything else you find, you can go to the move and ability resource thread, where less buggy versions have been made but not inserted in one patch. If Epsilon wants to do that himself, then great, but doing this is a lot less work than doing everything that DollSteak did in a slightly different manner.

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
You're right, except that the ini he provides will be enough for you to fix any errors. While it is annoying to go back and fix everything, it must be done. Also, I have a list of bug fixes for his patch.
This is the oldest one, probably isn't useful anymore.
The daycare fix.
Substitute fix.
Snow warning fix.
Natural Cure fix. I forget if this one actually works or not though.
Recoil and Leftovers fix.
Sand force fix.
For anything else you find, you can go to the move and ability resource thread, where less buggy versions have been made but not inserted in one patch. If Epsilon wants to do that himself, then great, but doing this is a lot less work than doing everything that DollSteak did in a slightly different manner.

Thanks for that list! I suppose I could always 'add people to my team' once I finish all the basic stuff ;)

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
You are a day late!
*suppresses laughter*

I ask you though: would the maps in the game be left alone or blanked?

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
so what are u working on next dex data or cries?

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
[Update 13/01/16]

Found out how to insert high quality sprites for expanded Pokémon (never done it before). Found all the X Y cries recorded to .wav online (credits to Dken2021). This video shows the Pikachu cry (yeah, it sounds like that in X and Y) and how the animated sprites work. Also, it shows the new way I am going to publish my videos. Made with Photoshop, Bandicam, No$GBA (better frame rates than VBA) and Premiere. Should be 60FPS! What do you guys think?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I'd like to make a recommendation:
Although the current sprite animations are cool, they seem... slightly unusual. 2 frames switching between each other doesn't look that as good as Emerald's with the 2 frames and the extra animation (such as turning blue then shaking). It would definitely be cool if you could somehow port over how Emerald's animations work, although I don't quite know how hard it would be to port, so yeah! Just a suggestion :P

Also, awesome work! I can tell you've been working hard and your effort will pay off soon ^_^

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
this is amazing now im going to really use pikachu now more then i ever have haha keep up the good work :)

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
I'd like to make a recommendation:
Although the current sprite animations are cool, they seem... slightly unusual. 2 frames switching between each other doesn't look that as good as Emerald's with the 2 frames and the extra animation (such as turning blue then shaking). It would definitely be cool if you could somehow port over how Emerald's animations work, although I don't quite know how hard it would be to port, so yeah! Just a suggestion :P

Also, awesome work! I can tell you've been working hard and your effort will pay off soon ^_^

I totally agree! I do think that right now they really add to the life of the Pokémon. Besides, this is future proof, because of someone does develop that system, two frames will be in already.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
i love the swampert shaking and he turns blue but this is still really amazing if epsilon can fully do it then this will become a new thing for rom hackers and devolop ways to bring those animations from emerald to fire red but good luck cant wait for the cries to be finished

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
[Update 14/01/16]

Inserted some X Y cries and tweaked the animation code. Things I changed which you can see in video (each Pokémon has got frame 0 and frame 1): In party / box shows frame 1 during cry, in battle shows frame 1 during cry, shows quick animation after cry in party / box and before in battle. I can still tweak it to time better with the cries, but that's about it. So, if anyone is interested in making ASM which can animate them differently according to Party / Box, battle and trainer battle, be my guest :)

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
this is amazing although empoleons cry is a little intresting is that how it really is in X And Y? awesome work love the frame animations keep it up u still have to add gen 5 and gen 6 cries dont u?

Back