• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think misty's favorite pokemon is starmie?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Maybe although Togepi has gotten so much attention from misty that it might be her favorite.

Guest123_x1

It always seemed to me that Misty favored Starmie in earlier part of the Original Series, as she would call it out for battle quite frequently, and would get frustrated when Psyduck came out instead.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Actually, I thought Staryu was her favorite(with Psyduck always getting in the way) until she finally caught Poliwag and Corsola. If memory serves, Misty left Starmie at the Gym after Episode 7(that's early in Kanto) along with Goldeen. She also left Horsea after returning later on in the series(Episode 53 I think?). Staryu ultimately got replaced when Poliwag and Corsola entered the picture. Poliwag evolved into Poliwhirl(and later Politoad) while Corsola remained one of her better battling Pokemon(even defeating Sakura in Johto series. Their rematch in Pokemon Chronicles had the same match-up where Sakura manages to defeat Misty for a badge).

Now with the Kanto Episodes in Sun&Moon, one could argue Psyduck has officially earned the title of her favorite while Gyrados has easily claimed her strongest Pokemon(and rightfully so thanks to Mega Evolution).

Years
I think Misty's favorite pokemon was easily Togepi. I would say that she thought of Starmie as her most powerful pokemon-- it probably was. However, your favorite Pokemon and your strongest are not necessarily the same, you can like a Pokemon for any reason and I feel she was the most attached to her Togepi.

While she reluctantly parted with her Starmie when her sisters pressured her to let it stay with them and become part of an act in their water show, she became livid and insisted that under no circumstance could they have Togepi when they soon after turned their attention on it. Even though it would have been more logical to let Togepi stay with them since Misty didn't use Togepi in battle. Starmie was a much more important asset to her team. The bond between Misty and her Togepi was so emotional that it literally took heaven and earth to separate them when Togetic went off to paradise. Though Misty gave Togepi up because it asked her to, and her only desire was to make that pokemon happy, she was never more overcome with emotion, she wept while holding it in a tight embrace, saying "I love you."

She has literally thrown her body in front of this Pokemon to shield it from harm, going to the edge of the volcano in Blaine's gym and nearly falling over herself to get it back. When Pikachu was trapped with Meowth during an Orange Island episode and they couldn't find Pikachu, Misty explains to Tracy that the bond between Ash and Pikachu is so special that he could never stop searching for Pikachu even if takes now and forever, and that she would do the same for Togepi. She names this Pokemon in particular, and not another. It is such a unique relationship that she compares it with Ash and Pikachu.

Misty never kept Togepi in a pokeball even though there was no reason why it could not be in its capsule along with her other Pokemon. She clearly set it above the rest, physically carrying it in her arms wherever she went. She coddled this pokemon, playing with it all the time, showering it in treats and affection and kind words . To Misty Togepi was not her Pokemon, it was her newborn child.

Last edited:
Back