The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Art Studio
Resources Gen VII Pokémon GBA Sprite Repository (64x64)

Art Studio For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the visual or musical arts.

Old January 14th, 2018 (9:16 AM). Edited January 14th, 2018 by MBCMechachu.

Nature: Modest
    Just a quick update I managed to get the following icons made:
    Spoiler:

Surfing Pikachu

The Castform Weather Forms(I know you guys said you wouldn't be worrying about them but I thought I'd show you them anyway because I got them finished by the time you mentioned we wouldn't be using them)
    Sunny Weather

Rainy Weather

Snowy Weather

Mega Sceptile (I didn't really like how the one we have now looked so I thought I would do my interpretation of it.)

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 14th, 2018 (9:56 AM). Edited January 14th, 2018 by Megax Rocker.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MBCMechachu View Post
      Spoiler:

Surfing Pikachu

The Castform Weather Forms(I know you guys said you wouldn't be worrying about them but I thought I'd show you them anyway because I got them finished by the time you mentioned we wouldn't be using them)
      Sunny Weather

Rainy Weather

Snowy Weather
      Alright, these are good animations.

I went ahead, indexed, and tweaked them to match the regular castform icon.

As for the surfing Pikachu, we will go with the one Le Paragon made since it matches the sprite in use.
      Old January 14th, 2018 (10:16 AM).

Nature: Modest
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Megax Rocker View Post
        Alright, these are good animations.

I went ahead, indexed, and tweaked them to match the regular castform icon.

As for the surfing Pikachu, we will go with the one Le Paragon made since it matches the sprite in use.
        Alright then. And as for my Mega Sceptile?
        Old January 14th, 2018 (8:05 PM).
        New World Pirate

Nature: Hasty
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by le_paragon View Post
          here's surfing pikachu

edit: here are some icon sprites

gonna work on furfrou and vivillion icons next
          Nice! We'll stick with these...

Quote:
          Okay guys, I need your opinion on this.

So the surfing pikachu has a red surfboard which is cool and all but the issue is that pikachu's icon uses a palette that lacks some colors, only having one shade of red.

Normally I'd use another palette like I did with the cosplay forms but judging by how simple surfing pikachu is in comparsion, I'd like for it to have the same palette as the original so they won't appear that different side by side.

so I thought of changing the surfboard from red to blue:

and we can keep the red board for the shiny form, which does not have a matching icon to begin with.

also indexed tweaked the flying version:

lacks green but it's not big of a deal.
          We'll use the blue one even with the shiny colors... As far as I remember, Surfing Pikachu does have a blue surfboard...

Quote:
          Spoiler:

Surfing Pikachu

Sunny Weather

Rainy Weather

Snowy Weather

Mega Sceptile (I didn't really like how the one we have now looked so I thought I would do my interpretation of it.)

Nice! We'll keep the Castform icons for future references (may be featured in the future)...

Quote:
          Alright then. And as for my Mega Sceptile?
          For Mega Sceptile, for now we dropped the Mega Evolution placeholders so perhaps we can submit that to the Gen. 6 resource?
          Old January 14th, 2018 (11:46 PM).
          speed and quality

Quote:
            Originally Posted by thedarkdragon11 View Post
            We'll use the blue one even with the shiny colors... As far as I remember, Surfing Pikachu does have a blue surfboard...
            it doeshave a blue one however I was thinking of changing the colour since other media shows it with a pink one, and I had in mind how pokemon changes minor things each generation, like the substitute doll or some minor details in other mons. but if we're gonna usethe blue board then th shiny one needs the blue one too
            Old January 15th, 2018 (3:01 PM).
            New World Pirate

Quote:
              it doeshave a blue one however I was thinking of changing the colour since other media shows it with a pink one, and I had in mind how pokemon changes minor things each generation, like the substitute doll or some minor details in other mons. but if we're gonna usethe blue board then th shiny one needs the blue one too
              Ah yeah you're right... Just checked newer representations and he does have a pink surfboard... We'll stick with pink now... But we might change the color if Pokémon GO does have another color (newest media)...
              Old January 16th, 2018 (7:55 PM).

Anyone have Zeraora Minisprite/Icon? :)
                Old January 16th, 2018 (9:21 PM). Edited January 16th, 2018 by abdurrahman.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by queeeen View Post
                  try to see the previous pages, it's available already but not yet posted in the OP
                  Old January 19th, 2018 (7:27 AM).

I take it back, these guys were no where near easy to make.

Old January 20th, 2018 (12:08 AM).
                    New World Pirate

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by queeeen View Post
                      Already posted in the OP... Just double-checked...

Quote:
                      I take it back, these guys were no where near easy to make.

Awesome! Thanks!

Also, I apologize for not updating the OP for a long time... Hopefully I can update it before February...
                      Old January 23rd, 2018 (4:38 AM). Edited January 28th, 2018 by le_paragon.
                      speed and quality

btw guys, here's a new incineroar sprite

upper body, face, shoulders, fire belt used MyMarshland's DA avatar as reference
                        legs, tail, based on my old sprite
                        hands based on the old sprite in this thread
                        arms made from scratch
                        back is totally new

edit: there was a color missing on the knee that i just noticed so im posting a corrected one
                        Old January 24th, 2018 (11:49 AM).

Hello again! As Darkdragon is ready to update the main one and Leparagon raised a new Incineroar, I figured it's a good time to upload certain sprites ¿?

Guzzlord first, it had been approved by Leparagon. I also added a wing to the backsprite.

Drampa has not been approved, but here is just in case.

Also, I want to take advantage of presenting the following sprites:

The case in Rockruff is that I do something strange in the face, the right eye, the hair on the cheeks and snout, plus all the stones of his neck were the same size. In this I occupied the same palette except slight changes.
                          While in the case of Yungoos, the face did not find it similar to that of the Pokémon, its teeth were somewhat disordered and other minor details. This occupies the palette of the Sun and Moon mini for the normal and the previous palette for the shiny.

-Google translate-
                          Old January 24th, 2018 (3:10 PM). Edited January 25th, 2018 by le_paragon.
                          speed and quality

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by mangamanga View Post
                            Hello again! As Darkdragon is ready to update the main one and Leparagon raised a new Incineroar, I figured it's a good time to upload certain sprites ¿?

Guzzlord first, it had been approved by Leparagon. I also added a wing to the backsprite.

The case in Rockruff is that I do something strange in the face, the right eye, the hair on the cheeks and snout, plus all the stones of his neck were the same size. In this I occupied the same palette except slight changes.
                            While in the case of Yungoos, the face did not find it similar to that of the Pokémon, its teeth were somewhat disordered and other minor details. This occupies the palette of the Sun and Moon mini for the normal and the previous palette for the shiny.

-Google translate-
                            dont worry about the guzzlord. I have been sending updated sprites to darkdragon through private message and I have already used your guzzlord with a new backsprite. although I corrected a few things on your sprite.

as for drampa, rockruff, and yungoos, I do not agree with them. quality and aesthetics are more important than accuracy.

for rockruff, thank you for pointing out the stones on the neck. I will fix that. however, many other sprites have eyes sprited that way, like some of the newer Chikorita sprites for example. but okay, i'll change it
                            the teeth on your yungoos actually look less accurate, to be honest. yungoos' teeth are supposed to be bigger, and the way I sprited the teeth are directly based on the model and some of the official art. aside from that, the eyes look misalligned and the nose is disproportional
                            for drampa, I disagree with the angle you used. it takes attebtion away from the length of drampa's body and neck. I plan on changing the sprite myself, but differently from this

thank you, mangamanga, for contributing. but please, try not to post sprites that are already done. it impedes progress and it may confuse some of the viewers of this thread. i always try to make my sprites as accurate as possible. if the sprites I make are less accurate than your standards, there is always a good reason for it
                            Old January 24th, 2018 (8:39 PM).
                            New World Pirate

Quote:

-Google translate-
                              Ah, submissions are still suspended... But thanks for the sprites anyway... Only le_paragon, Z-nogyroP, Megax Rocker and MBCMechachu can post sprites in the meantime as we undergo fixes and replacements for the featured sprites...
                              Old January 25th, 2018 (5:57 PM). Edited January 25th, 2018 by mangamanga.

Hello again! this time I would like to clarify some things.

Spoiler:
                                I do not want to sound aggressive, but it has a direct relationship with the sprites I mentioned earlier and LeParagon's answers.
                                Unquestionably LeParagon is an incredible spriter, but this I do to help improve the appearance of these sprites and maybe he has been offended every time I intend to do some of his sprites again (coincidentally I just happened to redo these).
                                I understand that almost always making my sprites from 3d models does not give the best visual section, but if they are not used I would like certain of their elements to be used as a reference.
                                In the case of Yungoos, it is worth mentioning that the current sprite was rejected in the past because it was not of the required style (see page 36) and only suffered a resizing. There is a lot of truth in which right eye could have another position, but it is that eye has more relation with the size of the pokémon besides fulfilling at least with that it is not half covered with the yellow hair of this one (In fact, it should not be neither a little covered), the ears should be more rounded (if you can, and is that they are stretched), the legs escape the original size for quite, the shape of his forehead and his back (and the line of this) they differ somewhat in their true form and, these are things that are easily arranged. In my sprite I accept that his nose is not where it belongs, but disproportionate is not (he appears with the 3d model), and to finish with Yungoos, his teeth. According to the model, the perspec- tive I made considers the minimum chin under the denture and the height of the teeth is directly proportional to the one of this, that is, I erred in the execution of these.
                                In the case of Rockruff I will be shorter. His tail is beautifully executed, but his face leaves to be desired. Her ears do not coincide, both because of the dark spot shape and the absence of the line, which makes her look empty. The snout is just a flattened oval, without comments. And finally his eyes, which are not the eyes of Rockuff, even shine. As for the right eye, that of Chikorita, it is not the same. The pokémon in which this technique was applied respected the fact whether the creature has bulging eyes or not, not so in the case of Rockruff.
                                I do not dispute that the perspective of Drampa is uncomfortable, but in my opinion it is much more than the current forced pose. However, this matter is out of the question when you said you would do something about it.
                                Same with Guzzlord, with which the tongue was not painted correctly, and thanks for fixing it as you mentioned.
                                Finally, with the Mimikyu sprite that I sent some time ago, I must say that my goal was to replace the Busted sprite, because the previous one was going anywhere, nothing faithful to the original, but the escuza can be the same with the ears: "They only wrinkle", besides the face was strange, the mouth was only a zigzag and the color of the cheeks was very strong.
                                Actually and as everyone here I just want to help, and I regret a lot to repeatedly commit the error of posting sprites in periods when it does not correspond, but seriously, I was very keen to contribute to this cause.
                                Although it is, and as I just did, I want, and without intending to hurt anyone, I contributed ideas and suggestions, and I know how open they are to suggestions, but I did not like that LeParagon corrected me on their own shortcomings, and I really appreciate your work.
                                I am very grateful to anyone who has had the patience to get to this point, I will always be willing to help here and I will not interrupt more unnecessarily, that's all.
                                I'm not looking to destroy them, just make them bigger.

-Google Translate-
                                Old January 27th, 2018 (12:44 AM). Edited January 27th, 2018 by le_paragon.
                                speed and quality

Quote:
                                  Hello again! this time I would like to clarify some things.

Spoiler:
                                  I do not want to sound aggressive, but it has a direct relationship with the sprites I mentioned earlier and LeParagon's answers.
                                  Unquestionably LeParagon is an incredible spriter, but this I do to help improve the appearance of these sprites and maybe he has been offended every time I intend to do some of his sprites again (coincidentally I just happened to redo these).
                                  I understand that almost always making my sprites from 3d models does not give the best visual section, but if they are not used I would like certain of their elements to be used as a reference.
                                  In the case of Yungoos, it is worth mentioning that the current sprite was rejected in the past because it was not of the required style (see page 36) and only suffered a resizing. There is a lot of truth in which right eye could have another position, but it is that eye has more relation with the size of the pokémon besides fulfilling at least with that it is not half covered with the yellow hair of this one (In fact, it should not be neither a little covered), the ears should be more rounded (if you can, and is that they are stretched), the legs escape the original size for quite, the shape of his forehead and his back (and the line of this) they differ somewhat in their true form and, these are things that are easily arranged. In my sprite I accept that his nose is not where it belongs, but disproportionate is not (he appears with the 3d model), and to finish with Yungoos, his teeth. According to the model, the perspec- tive I made considers the minimum chin under the denture and the height of the teeth is directly proportional to the one of this, that is, I erred in the execution of these.
                                  In the case of Rockruff I will be shorter. His tail is beautifully executed, but his face leaves to be desired. Her ears do not coincide, both because of the dark spot shape and the absence of the line, which makes her look empty. The snout is just a flattened oval, without comments. And finally his eyes, which are not the eyes of Rockuff, even shine. As for the right eye, that of Chikorita, it is not the same. The pokémon in which this technique was applied respected the fact whether the creature has bulging eyes or not, not so in the case of Rockruff.
                                  I do not dispute that the perspective of Drampa is uncomfortable, but in my opinion it is much more than the current forced pose. However, this matter is out of the question when you said you would do something about it.
                                  Same with Guzzlord, with which the tongue was not painted correctly, and thanks for fixing it as you mentioned.
                                  Finally, with the Mimikyu sprite that I sent some time ago, I must say that my goal was to replace the Busted sprite, because the previous one was going anywhere, nothing faithful to the original, but the escuza can be the same with the ears: "They only wrinkle", besides the face was strange, the mouth was only a zigzag and the color of the cheeks was very strong.
                                  Actually and as everyone here I just want to help, and I regret a lot to repeatedly commit the error of posting sprites in periods when it does not correspond, but seriously, I was very keen to contribute to this cause.
                                  Although it is, and as I just did, I want, and without intending to hurt anyone, I contributed ideas and suggestions, and I know how open they are to suggestions, but I did not like that LeParagon corrected me on their own shortcomings, and I really appreciate your work.
                                  I am very grateful to anyone who has had the patience to get to this point, I will always be willing to help here and I will not interrupt more unnecessarily, that's all.
                                  I'm not looking to destroy them, just make them bigger.

-Google Translate-
                                  hi again manga! i'll address some of the things you mentioned

Spoiler:
                                  i was hoping you wouldn't think i was mad or anything. i have never taken offense in any of your submissions or contributions. i am very happy when people want to help out or contribute in any way they can. if you did not see it before, BlackWhiteRobin helped out with my sprite of Decidueye and i was very impressed by his edits and decided to use his. the only time i will reject something is if i professionally and objectively think it has issues that take away from its overall quality. things like the color, pose, shading, or linework or anything easily noticeable in the sprite. if it is good overall with only very small issues, I will accept it and just take care of those small issues, like with your Guzzlord or BlackWhiteRobin's Decidueye. but if there's a lot of things that need fixing then it will disrupt the smooth work flow of the project. I just want this project to be effective and smooth, so i have to set my standards high, because many people will be using the sprites posted here. so if i tell you that there's a problem with your sprite, it's not to make you feel bad. i point out the issues if i think they can be improved. that's why when you posted your Guzzlord sprite, i immediately accepted it because it was very good

about the sprites you mentioned, i will just clarify my side of things
                                  first of all, it's not always a good idea to use models. they sometimes change the proportions a bit to fit 3D more easily. however, sometimes the 3D models look better than the official art, and that's when it's okay to use them. the same can be said about colors, because the models use less saturated colors because it has a different lighting. in DS style, colors are usually more saturated. sometimes they even use the Dream World art for colors.
                                  for yungoos, i just directly traced the teeth from the official model, then i colored them in the DS style of pokemon. the chin is not visible in the sprite because the angle of yungoos' head is facing down, and i used a black line to show the separation between the chin and the body. but i do agree with you about the ears and eyes. i noticed those a few days ago as well, so i already had plans to fix those
                                  for mimikyu, the busted form is traced over the Dream World art of it, so it's still accurate. in the games, Mimikyu's head goes in only one angle because it is easier to program for the developers, but in many other depictions, its head can fall in any angle because it's just broken and folded. the colros are also more contrasted and saturated to reflect the DS style. there is a separate project for Sugimori colors that we will be covering here in the future. but for now we have to go with more saturated colors. the mouth is a zigzag in its official art and in the game models. we always have to think of how the audience of these sprites will be able to understand the sprites, so we have to make some details more obvious sometimes; in the way you sprited the mouth, many pokemon spriters will easily understand what you made, but the audience could also mistake it as an incoherent line because the zigzag isn't sharp enough
                                  for rockruff, i agree with you that the eyes are different. i gave the wrong example. but don't worry, i'll fix the eye as well, thank you for pointing that out
                                  lastly, when i said "i will fix it", that's because that's one of my jobs here in this project. and since i made the rockruff sprite, it would be easier for me to edit it because it will have be more consistent either way

please do not take offense or think i am mad whenever i post in this manner. i try to keep the work flow in this project as smooth as possible, so i try to summarize my points more briefly. it might come off as harsh sometimes. i was never mad or offended. please remember that my tone in work is different from my tone outside of work. i hope that all makes sense
                                  it's a good thing you joined only recently because the admin before me was MUCH stricter hahaha

once again, thank you manga. and don't worry, once the other admins and i are done with this phase of sprites, i will be inviting you and some other spriters to help in the next phase for this project. you're one of the more talented spriters in this thread, so your help would be greatly appreciated

to everyone else, we're still working on sprites despite the lack of posts here. we're just not posting them quite yet
                                  Old January 28th, 2018 (10:13 AM).
                                  New World Pirate

Hello! So here's an update now posted in the OP... For now, the icons:

Solgaleo and Lunala formes:
                                    Surfing and Flying Pikachu:
                                    Furfrou forms:

All are made by Megax Rocker except the Pikachu forms which are made by leParagon...

Submissions for Vivillon forms icons are still open...

Submissions for in-battle (256x64) sprites are still suspended due to us performing some maintenance in preparation for the next phase as leParagon mentioned...

In the meantime, in-battle sprites from the OP will be removed and are transferred to the former hub... DropBox link in the OP still contains those sprites alongside the new icons...
                                    Old January 28th, 2018 (1:27 PM).

Nature: Lonely
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by thedarkdragon11 View Post
                                      Hello! So here's an update now posted in the OP... For now, the icons:

Solgaleo and Lunala formes:
                                      Surfing and Flying Pikachu:
                                      Furfrou forms:

All are made by Megax Rocker except the Pikachu forms which are made by leParagon...

Submissions for Vivillon forms icons are still open...

Submissions for in-battle (256x64) sprites are still suspended due to us performing some maintenance in preparation for the next phase as leParagon mentioned...

In the meantime, in-battle sprites from the OP will be removed and are transferred to the former hub... DropBox link in the OP still contains those sprites alongside the new icons...
                                      is it going to be replaced with the newer sprites? all of them?
                                      Old January 28th, 2018 (5:55 PM). Edited January 30th, 2018 by thedarkdragon11.
                                      thedarkdragon11 thedarkdragon11 is offline
                                      New World Pirate

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Abdurrahman373 View Post
                                        is it going to be replaced with the newer sprites? all of them?
                                        Some of them will be replaced with a totally newer sprites, some only needs a few tweaking and recolors...

EDIT: Sprites from the December 2017 OP which passed the maintenance untouched are now back in the OP! Do note that they are in DS-style colors...

EDIT 2: Replacements, recolors and QCs of non-Gen. 7 species except Alolan Raichu and Complete Zygarde are now available in the OP! Furfrou trims are now also in the OP!

EDIT 3: Some of the Gen. 7 species are now also in the OP! About 19 sprites left (does not include Vivillon forms)...
                                        Old February 1st, 2018 (2:07 AM). Edited February 1st, 2018 by le_paragon.
                                        speed and quality

the zygarde core and rotom dex icons seemed a bit off so i made new ones. it's too small to qc so it's easier to just make new ones

Old February 1st, 2018 (5:57 AM).

Quote:
                                            the zygarde core and rotom dex icons seemed a bit off so i made new ones. it's too small to qc so it's easier to just make new ones

It would be good if at some point you picked up the sprites of the 5th gen and the reedit (above all the backsprites). I love your work: D
                                            Old February 1st, 2018 (7:56 AM). Edited February 1st, 2018 by le_paragon.
                                            speed and quality

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Neon Skylar View Post
                                              It would be good if at some point you picked up the sprites of the 5th gen and the reedit (above all the backsprites). I love your work: D
                                              thanks :) I do want to edit some, but I don't have as much jurisdiction over them as I do here in gen 7. i'll try talking to chaos rush and see what he thinks :)
                                              Old February 2nd, 2018 (12:14 PM).
                                              thedarkdragon11 thedarkdragon11 is offline
                                              New World Pirate

Quote:
                                                thanks :) I do want to edit some, but I don't have as much jurisdiction over them as I do here in gen 7. i'll try talking to chaos rush and see what he thinks :)
                                                I think Chaos Rush's resource thread closed years ago and was marked "completed"...
                                                Old February 2nd, 2018 (2:16 PM).
                                                le_paragon le_paragon is online now
                                                speed and quality

Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Neon Skylar View Post
                                                  I spoke with chaos, he said he doesn't have plabs to go back and improve his gen 5, but he reminded me about mrdollsteak's sugimori sprite project. he already improved a lot of the gen 5 sprites! :)
                                                  Old February 3rd, 2018 (6:37 PM).
                                                  le_paragon le_paragon is online now
                                                  speed and quality

qc'd turtonator's tail part a bit
                                                    made new raichu sprites
                                                    tapu fronts are from my old sprite sheet, backs are new. started with koko, then made sizes of the others proportionate from that. lele is meant to be much smaller than the others so dont worry about that

Quick Reply