The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
Emerald Pokémon CrystalDust [BETA 2 RELEASED!!!]

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old October 23rd, 2010 (5:20 AM).
aSeRo141414's Avatar
aSeRo141414 aSeRo141414 is offline
zZJoennZz inside
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: In your head
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 379
    Looks good so far, well it's totally looks like Crystal because it's base is Emerald and it's animated, I know there's a animation in fire red but in emerald will be more good. :D I will play this later.. :D
    __________________
    Regards,
    aSeRo141414
    Reply With Quote
      #77    
    Old October 23rd, 2010 (5:23 AM).
    Diegoisawesome's Avatar
    Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
    Oh god the bees
     
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: :noitacoL
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naive
    Posts: 1,046
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aSeRo141414 View Post
    Looks good so far, well it's totally looks like Crystal because it's base is Emerald and it's animated, I know there's a animation in fire red but in emerald will be more good. :D I will play this later.. :D
    Thanks, but don't you mean recreation, not animation? XD
    __________________


    My other resources:
    My Website
    diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
    diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
    The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
    Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
    GBA Intro Manager
    The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
    Reply With Quote
      #78    
    Old October 23rd, 2010 (5:27 AM).
    aSeRo141414's Avatar
    aSeRo141414 aSeRo141414 is offline
    zZJoennZz inside
       
      Join Date: Jun 2009
      Location: In your head
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 379
      Yeah, sorry for that, anyway, *downloading*
      __________________
      Regards,
      aSeRo141414
      Reply With Quote
        #79    
      Old October 23rd, 2010 (5:28 AM).
      Diegoisawesome's Avatar
      Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
      Oh god the bees
       
      Join Date: Dec 2007
      Location: :noitacoL
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Naive
      Posts: 1,046
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by aSeRo141414 View Post
      Yeah, sorry for that, anyway, *downloading*
      XD Yeah, I guessed so.
      Thanks for supporting this game, though.
      __________________


      My other resources:
      My Website
      diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
      diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
      The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
      Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
      GBA Intro Manager
      The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
      Reply With Quote
        #80    
      Old October 23rd, 2010 (6:31 AM).
      Anselection's Avatar
      Anselection Anselection is offline
      Malicious Mapper
         
        Join Date: Jul 2009
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 174
        The Hoenn pokemon were encountered the same spot as the Marill. I only found a Poochyena and a Illumise in there. Also, what I meant by not much variation was that you must make this game yours. Yes, nail it as close to G/S/C as humanly possible, but also throw in your own ideas in there in some places. Be it a rival, an extra area, etc. Regarding the PokeGear, you should change it to Oak. And Prof. Elm should be in there for when he calls you after Mr. Pokemon's house, the first Gym, etc. etc. He could also be there to give you helpful hints in between these events.
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #81    
        Old October 23rd, 2010 (6:35 AM). Edited October 23rd, 2010 by Diegoisawesome.
        Diegoisawesome's Avatar
        Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
        Oh god the bees
         
        Join Date: Dec 2007
        Location: :noitacoL
        Age: 21
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Naive
        Posts: 1,046
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Anselection View Post
        The Hoenn pokemon were encountered the same spot as the Marill. I only found a Poochyena and a Illumise in there. Also, what I meant by not much variation was that you must make this game yours. Yes, nail it as close to G/S/C as humanly possible, but also throw in your own ideas in there in some places. Be it a rival, an extra area, etc. Regarding the PokeGear, you should change it to Oak. And Prof. Elm should be in there for when he calls you after Mr. Pokemon's house, the first Gym, etc. etc. He could also be there to give you helpful hints in between these events.
        I fixed the Hoenn Pokémon; download the new patch.
        Also, my originality is coming after Johto and Kanto; that's when GSC's storyline is finished and I can start doing things that I made up. ;)
        Okay... In the Pokégear, I'll change it to Oak, but what should I change to become Elm? That's my question.
        EDIT: Also, a new patch is up; it has a new (and possibly better) animation for the Pokémon Center healing.
        __________________


        My other resources:
        My Website
        diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
        diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
        The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
        Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
        GBA Intro Manager
        The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
        Reply With Quote
          #82    
        Old October 23rd, 2010 (1:00 PM).
        SilentWing's Avatar
        SilentWing SilentWing is offline
        クロバット
           
          Join Date: Apr 2007
          Location: In Every Cave
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 104
          Quote:
          it's a D/N system limitation.
          I see. I was thinking of the latest Ruby Destiny hack, then, which I just revisited for the sake of getting my "brightness bearings." Sure enough, it wasn't noticeably darker than yours -- but somehow, the windows of the houses were made to light up! That's the trick I suppose--not the overall darkness level, but the contrast between the light of the windows and the darkness of the night tiles that makes the dark seem that much more "real" (not to mention the obvious fact that the windows lit up in G/S/C). But again, if this is the fault of the engine, or if it's only possible in Ruby but not Emerald, I'd completely understand. It's such a trivial detail, really.

          But think about it this way. The fact that people are bothering to point out such trivial matters in this hack specifically indicates its level of refinement is already so high that the "trivial" things become suddenly more tangibly relevant. If this isn't clear enough indication that you've got something special here, just await the mass outcry later down the road when reports of the "sound not being stereo" come in. ;)
          __________________

          I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
          Reply With Quote
            #83    
          Old October 23rd, 2010 (3:47 PM).
          Diegoisawesome's Avatar
          Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
          Oh god the bees
           
          Join Date: Dec 2007
          Location: :noitacoL
          Age: 21
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naive
          Posts: 1,046
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
          I see. I was thinking of the latest Ruby Destiny hack, then, which I just revisited for the sake of getting my "brightness bearings." Sure enough, it wasn't noticeably darker than yours -- but somehow, the windows of the houses were made to light up! That's the trick I suppose--not the overall darkness level, but the contrast between the light of the windows and the darkness of the night tiles that makes the dark seem that much more "real" (not to mention the obvious fact that the windows lit up in G/S/C). But again, if this is the fault of the engine, or if it's only possible in Ruby but not Emerald, I'd completely understand. It's such a trivial detail, really.

          But think about it this way. The fact that people are bothering to point out such trivial matters in this hack specifically indicates its level of refinement is already so high that the "trivial" things become suddenly more tangibly relevant. If this isn't clear enough indication that you've got something special here, just await the mass outcry later down the road when reports of the "sound not being stereo" come in. ;)
          Well, to do that, I would have to do setmaptiles to EVERY SINGLE MAP and reserve a palette for the golden effect, and I don't think I want to do that ATM...
          And I see what you mean in the second paragraph. :D
          __________________


          My other resources:
          My Website
          diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
          diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
          The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
          Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
          GBA Intro Manager
          The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
          Reply With Quote
            #84    
          Old October 23rd, 2010 (5:17 PM).
          SilentWing's Avatar
          SilentWing SilentWing is offline
          クロバット
             
            Join Date: Apr 2007
            Location: In Every Cave
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 104
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
            Well, to do that, I would have to do setmaptiles to EVERY SINGLE MAP and reserve a palette for the golden effect, and I don't think I want to do that ATM...
            Agreed; too much work. But if you ever decide to re-visit the idea, consider the practical aspects of "limiting" your approach. Not every map has houses, and some maps (featuring houses not in cities, etc) won't need to stay lit at night either. In fact, you could limit the effect to select houses in select cities -- just enough to give off the "effect" without going overboard.

            Just some food for thought... not that I know what any of this entails code-wise. I could be completely off-base here myself. ;)
            __________________

            I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
            Reply With Quote
              #85    
            Old October 23rd, 2010 (5:53 PM).
            Diegoisawesome's Avatar
            Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
            Oh god the bees
             
            Join Date: Dec 2007
            Location: :noitacoL
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 1,046
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
            Agreed; too much work. But if you ever decide to re-visit the idea, consider the practical aspects of "limiting" your approach. Not every map has houses, and some maps (featuring houses not in cities, etc) won't need to stay lit at night either. In fact, you could limit the effect to select houses in select cities -- just enough to give off the "effect" without going overboard.

            Just some food for thought... not that I know what any of this entails code-wise. I could be completely off-base here myself. ;)
            If I ever do create that, then that's probably not what I'd do.
            I mean, whenever you walk into a house, its lights are on.
            It wouldn't make sense, then, to have some on outside and some not.
            But I'll consider doing that for maybe Beta 2 ;)
            __________________


            My other resources:
            My Website
            diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
            diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
            The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
            Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
            GBA Intro Manager
            The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
            Reply With Quote
              #86    
            Old October 24th, 2010 (4:08 AM).
            Maxim Maxim is offline
            Heavy Metal Alchemist
               
              Join Date: Feb 2005
              Location: Srakaland Graveyard
              Gender:
              Nature: Lonely
              Posts: 649
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
              I like and see what you're saying... until you get to the last paragraph. No, I won't be copying the buildings/trees from HG/SS because, if I did do your idea, then I think that fan-created ones would suit it much better.
              But Game Freak's official presentation of the world will always be leagues more accurate and better-looking than some fanwank.

              Especially that Project Platinum's tilesets give me an automatic regurgitative effect whenever I see them, just as much as the people who led that project (mostly elitist pricks who bash anyone who doesn't agree with them). Not to mention that they simply look dull, their Johto looks exactly the same as Kanto, it's so boring.

              So, if you're neglecting official material, why don't you remake Kanto as well? After all, FRLG Kanto is just an inaccurate presentation of RGBY, just as HGSS is an inaccurate presentation of HGSS.
              __________________
              After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
              Reply With Quote
                #87    
              Old October 24th, 2010 (6:25 AM).
              Diegoisawesome's Avatar
              Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
              Oh god the bees
               
              Join Date: Dec 2007
              Location: :noitacoL
              Age: 21
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 1,046
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
              But Game Freak's official presentation of the world will always be leagues more accurate and better-looking than some fanwank.

              Especially that Project Platinum's tilesets give me an automatic regurgitative effect whenever I see them, just as much as the people who led that project (mostly elitist pricks who bash anyone who doesn't agree with them). Not to mention that they simply look dull, their Johto looks exactly the same as Kanto, it's so boring.

              So, if you're neglecting official material, why don't you remake Kanto as well? After all, FRLG Kanto is just an inaccurate presentation of RGBY, just as HGSS is an inaccurate presentation of HGSS.
              Yes, it may be more "accurate" and "better-looking" to what they had in mind, but mine is MUCH more accurate when compared to Crystal. And that's what I'm going for here.
              If you like HGSS's maps and such, go play HGSS, not complain about how a fan remake isn't what Game Freak wanted it to be.

              And well, I'm sorry about the tilesets giving you a regurgitative effect, but it IS mostly FRLG tileset, plus some sweet other things in FRLG format. I'll admit, however, to the fact that the two regions look the same; in the future, something will be done to make Kanto and Johto look different, but right now, it doesn't matter as much as it will when all the regions are present.

              And well, why wouldn't I remake Kanto as well? Did you think I was simply going to copy FRLG's maps after all of the trouble of getting them as accurate to GSC as possible? No siree, they'll be remade, although following FRLG's representation a bit, too.
              __________________


              My other resources:
              My Website
              diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
              diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
              The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
              Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
              GBA Intro Manager
              The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
              Reply With Quote
                #88    
              Old October 24th, 2010 (4:24 PM).
              SilentWing's Avatar
              SilentWing SilentWing is offline
              クロバット
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2007
                Location: In Every Cave
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 104
                @Maxim: I'm going out on a limb here, but I find the fan-made tiles in Light Platinum, Blue Sea Edition, and so on to be visually stunning -- an excellent expression of individuality and/or community effort.

                Some people just have different "art" preferences. Some might like art to be so simple and gaudy as to actually come off "ugly" to others. You should understand this better than anyone, given your sig, which I thought was trying to make the same point! :)
                __________________

                I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
                Reply With Quote
                  #89    
                Old October 25th, 2010 (2:13 PM).
                Diegoisawesome's Avatar
                Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
                Oh god the bees
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2007
                Location: :noitacoL
                Age: 21
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Naive
                Posts: 1,046
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
                @Maxim: I'm going out on a limb here, but I find the fan-made tiles in Light Platinum, Blue Sea Edition, and so on to be visually stunning -- an excellent expression of individuality and/or community effort.

                Some people just have different "art" preferences. Some might like art to be so simple and gaudy as to actually come off "ugly" to others. You should understand this better than anyone, given your sig, which I thought was trying to make the same point! :)
                Yeah. Personally, I think Project Platinum's tilesets are kickbutt. So are many fan-made ones.
                __________________


                My other resources:
                My Website
                diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
                diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
                The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
                Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
                GBA Intro Manager
                The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
                Reply With Quote
                  #90    
                Old October 26th, 2010 (3:48 AM).
                Chimchar 9's Avatar
                Chimchar 9 Chimchar 9 is offline
                (:
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: England, London
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 1,621
                This looks great! But could you make a change? like some part of the region snowy, or something like that? Anyway, good luck! :)
                __________________
                Pokemon Green Diamond
                Status: cancelled :(
                Reply With Quote
                  #91    
                Old October 26th, 2010 (8:54 AM).
                SilentWing's Avatar
                SilentWing SilentWing is offline
                クロバット
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2007
                  Location: In Every Cave
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 104
                  Oh, I see. So like one island is cold and snowy, another is tropical and rainy, another is desert-like and sunny, etc... and the Pokemon found on each reflect this. Speaking of which, if there's any room in the ROM and it's easy enough to do, you could also experiment with new tilesets (like those wonderful woody ones for the rainy island, etc).

                  But I imagine this is well into the future.

                  Is it possible to change Prof Birch's phone message to something else before you receive your Pokedex? (Or the label "Always Fun" for 'MOM'?) Otherwise, seeing 0 Pokemon on a non-existent Pokedex might seem odd. Also, the 'H' in Birch is cut off -- since he's already labeled a "PKMN PROF.", maybe you can just change it to BIRCH to avoid the overflow.

                  But really, it's very impressive we have a phone system now. I'm mesmerized by it, haha. That was one of the main GSC features I missed the most in remakes (besides Day/Night).
                  __________________

                  I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #92    
                  Old October 26th, 2010 (1:17 PM). Edited October 26th, 2010 by Superjub.
                  Superjub's Avatar
                  Superjub Superjub is offline
                  Pokémon Aureolin
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2007
                  Location: Hoenn
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 2,288
                  I'm going to play through the whole beta now that I have some free time. I have high hopes for this hack! :D
                  I'll also keep a look out for glitches. ;)
                  • Would it be possible to make it so you get the Map Card after the old man gives it to you? As it is bugging me that you have it from the start of the game... XD
                  • I'm loving the fact that even small things like the radio (the tile, not the PokeGear function XD) are in the game. It's a shame they don't play music, but meh, I cna live without it. :P
                  • The music is good too. :)
                  • I like the Mystery Egg's sprite. :)
                  • Oh, and how Mr. Pokemon has (what appears to be) a unique sprite. The same for Prof. Elm. :)
                  • I'm a bit disappointed that you don't get to name your rival. :\
                  • No more Wally! :D
                  • Yay, Running Shoes! :D (For a second, I thought they wouldn't be in it.)
                  • Mum/Mom doesn't save your money? :(
                  • Didn't the machine in Prof. Elm's lab heal you in the original Pokemon Crystal, or am i thinking of something else...? :S Nevermind, you have to use the computer next to it! XD
                  • The box that shows how much money you have when you are at a PokeMat is slightly cut off. Here's a screenshot:
                    Spoiler:
                  • According to the PokeGear, Youngster Joey is at the Union Cave when he should be at Route 30. Idk if you can change this, so excuse me if you can't.
                  • Bug Catcher Wade doesn't get registered in your PokeGear. Again, I don't know if you're able to fix it.
                  • Despite the Ruins of Alph's puzzle being dodgy (which you already know about, so this isn't me reporting a bug), it was fun. Plus, I loved how the hero falls down the hole. XD I know it was the same in the original, but it's still oddly cute in a wierd way. XD
                  • I went and got the Running Shoes from Mom before I left, yet she still rings me to tell me I should have talked to her before I left, and says I don't have the Running Shoes... o_O
                  • Yay, the hidden rooms in the Ruins of Alph are in it... free items! XD But how come when you go down the hole with the unown letters on the floor, you end up at Violet City?
                    Spoiler:
                  • It seems Day/Night affects the evolution screen..? Fr example, if it's night, when you're Pokemon is evolving, the screen will still be tinted dark. o_o
                  • Picnicker Liz doesn't get registered on the PokeGear... Is it only Joey who gets registered (out of the trainers you can battle)?
                  • Nor does "you should take to your mom sometimes..." Ralph. Since I'm assuming it's only Joey who gets registered, I'm probably not going to say if a trainer that should get registered, doesn't get regisered into the PokeGear (unless there is another trainer that actually does get registered into the PokeGear.)
                  • Another little error (check the spoiler for a screenshot.)
                    Spoiler:
                    /]
                  • I'm loving the FireBreather sprite. :)
                  • I love how you actually show Kurt lying on his back. :D

                  I'm looking for a Dunsparce at the moment...
                  I gave up on looking for Dunsparce! XD
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #93    
                  Old October 26th, 2010 (1:31 PM).
                  Diegoisawesome's Avatar
                  Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
                  Oh god the bees
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2007
                  Location: :noitacoL
                  Age: 21
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Naive
                  Posts: 1,046
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
                  This looks great! But could you make a change? like some part of the region snowy, or something like that? Anyway, good luck! :)
                  Erm, no thanks. Except for the area around the Ice Path (maybe), I wouldn't really want to mess with the original game's feeling.
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
                  Oh, I see. So like one island is cold and snowy, another is tropical and rainy, another is desert-like and sunny, etc... and the Pokemon found on each reflect this. Speaking of which, if there's any room in the ROM and it's easy enough to do, you could also experiment with new tilesets (like those wonderful woody ones for the rainy island, etc).

                  But I imagine this is well into the future.

                  Is it possible to change Prof Birch's phone message to something else before you receive your Pokedex? (Or the label "Always Fun" for 'MOM'?) Otherwise, seeing 0 Pokemon on a non-existent Pokedex might seem odd. Also, the 'H' in Birch is cut off -- since he's already labeled a "PKMN PROF.", maybe you can just change it to BIRCH to avoid the overflow.

                  But really, it's very impressive we have a phone system now. I'm mesmerized by it, haha. That was one of the main GSC features I missed the most in remakes (besides Day/Night).
                  I lol'd. How is it so impressive that we have a phone feature that was already present in Emerald? XD
                  I did already change Mom's label, that's why it says 'Always Fun' ;)
                  And, well, until I crack the ASM coding for the PokéNav, Birch will be unchanged, sadly. :(
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
                  I'm going to play through the whole beta now that I have some free time. I have high hopes for this hack! :D
                  I'll also keep a look out for glitches. ;)
                  Sweet. :)
                  __________________


                  My other resources:
                  My Website
                  diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
                  diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
                  The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
                  Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
                  GBA Intro Manager
                  The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
                  Reply With Quote
                    #94    
                  Old October 27th, 2010 (7:51 PM).
                  SilentWing's Avatar
                  SilentWing SilentWing is offline
                  クロバット
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2007
                    Location: In Every Cave
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 104
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
                    Erm, no thanks. Except for the area around the Ice Path (maybe), I wouldn't really want to mess with the original game's feeling. Ah, except perhaps he was referring to the Sevii Islands or another such "new" area?

                    I lol'd. How is it so impressive that we have a phone feature that was already present in Emerald? XD What's impressive isn't that it exists, but that it exists in a Johto remake. All the Fire Red revamps aside, last I checked the phone didn't work all that well even in Crystal Shards, which also used an Emerald base.
                    I did already change Mom's label, that's why it says 'Always Fun' ;) Ah...was it like that in the original? How strange! XD
                    And, well, until I crack the ASM coding for the PokéNav, Birch will be unchanged, sadly. :( The problem of last-letter overflow also exists in the money display, shown above by Retribution.
                    Responses in bold. (Always wanted to do that after seeing you do it!)
                    __________________

                    I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #95    
                    Old October 28th, 2010 (2:04 PM). Edited October 28th, 2010 by Diegoisawesome.
                    Diegoisawesome's Avatar
                    Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
                    Oh god the bees
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2007
                    Location: :noitacoL
                    Age: 21
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Naive
                    Posts: 1,046
                    It looks like I have some response work on my hands...
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
                    I'm going to play through the whole beta now that I have some free time. I have high hopes for this hack! :D
                    I'll also keep a look out for glitches. ;)
                    • Would it be possible to make it so you get the Map Card after the old man gives it to you? As it is bugging me that you have it from the start of the game... XD For now, I can't...
                    • I'm loving the fact that even small things like the radio (the tile, not the PokeGear function XD) are in the game. It's a shame they don't play music, but meh, I cna live without it. :P Cool, thanks. They'll play music (hopefully) later on in development.
                    • The music is good too. :) Sweet.
                    • I like the Mystery Egg's sprite. :) Actually, that's from HG/SS, I believe. XD
                    • Oh, and how Mr. Pokemon has (what appears to be) a unique sprite. The same for Prof. Elm. :) Yeah. No more generic Scientist and Gentleman anymore!
                    • I'm a bit disappointed that you don't get to name your rival. :\ Well, as it wasn't in the original Emerald, I couldn't do it yet.
                    • No more Wally! :D Well, what did you expect? That I would leave him in? XD
                    • Yay, Running Shoes! :D (For a second, I thought they wouldn't be in it.) Well, why wouldn't they be? I wouldn't have to force you to go through the whole game at a snail's pace! XD
                    • Mum/Mom doesn't save your money? :( Nope, again a limitation of Emerald.
                    • Didn't the machine in Prof. Elm's lab heal you in the original Pokemon Crystal, or am i thinking of something else...? :S Nevermind, you have to use the computer next to it! XD Yeah, just like Crystal, remember.
                    • The box that shows how much money you have when you are at a PokeMat is slightly cut off. Here's a screenshot:
                      Spoiler:
                      Yes, that's caused by the font change. I'll have to fix that, as well as some other things, sometime or another.
                    • According to the PokeGear, Youngster Joey is at the Union Cave when he should be at Route 30. Idk if you can change this, so excuse me if you can't. Limitation of not being able to edit the PokéNav yet.
                    • Bug Catcher Wade doesn't get registered in your PokeGear. Again, I don't know if you're able to fix it. See above.
                    • Despite the Ruins of Alph's puzzle being dodgy (which you already know about, so this isn't me reporting a bug), it was fun. Plus, I loved how the hero falls down the hole. XD I know it was the same in the original, but it's still oddly cute in a wierd way. XD Wait... You have the actual RoA? Download the latest patch at once, and restart from the beginning. Another person on here and I found out that all variables are reset upon use, so download the new patch and restart from the beginning.
                    • I went and got the Running Shoes from Mom before I left, yet she still rings me to tell me I should have talked to her before I left, and says I don't have the Running Shoes... o_O See above. That's one thing that'll happen because of that...
                    • Yay, the hidden rooms in the Ruins of Alph are in it... free items! XD But how come when you go down the hole with the unown letters on the floor, you end up at Violet City?
                      Spoiler:
                      Dang it, seems as though I forgot to fix the warps... Again, download the new patch, everyone.
                    • It seems Day/Night affects the evolution screen..? Fr example, if it's night, when you're Pokemon is evolving, the screen will still be tinted dark. o_o D/N system glitch.
                    • Picnicker Liz doesn't get registered on the PokeGear... Is it only Joey who gets registered (out of the trainers you can battle)? Yeah, limitation of the PokéNav again. The trainers I replaced to have my own didn't have any PokéNav values, and therefore don't get registered correctly.
                    • Nor does "you should take to your mom sometimes..." Ralph. Since I'm assuming it's only Joey who gets registered, I'm probably not going to say if a trainer that should get registered, doesn't get regisered into the PokeGear (unless there is another trainer that actually does get registered into the PokeGear.) Look at above answer.
                    • Another little error (check the spoiler for a screenshot.)
                      Spoiler:
                      /]
                      Yet again, download the new patch. (Jeez, so many [small] errors... XD)
                    • I'm loving the FireBreather sprite. :) Credits to Pokémon Platinum GSC.
                    • I love how you actually show Kurt lying on his back. :D See above answer.
                    • I'm looking for a Dunsparce at the moment... I gave up on looking for Dunsparce! XD Where were you looking?
                    Responses in bold.
                    Thanks for being so thorough! I appreciate it.
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
                    Ah, except perhaps he was referring to the Sevii Islands or another such "new" area? Possibly. I might do that for Sevii if I can find good enough tilesets.

                    What's impressive isn't that it exists, but that it exists in a Johto remake. All the Fire Red revamps aside, last I checked the phone didn't work all that well even in Crystal Shards, which also used an Emerald base. Ah, I see. :)

                    Ah...was it like that in the original? How strange! XD No, in the original, Mom didn't have a title. Maybe I should change it to "Parent"? Yeah, I'll go ahead and do that. Release of this will be in next fix, not current.

                    The problem of last-letter overflow also exists in the money display, shown above by Retribution. Yes. As I told Retribution, this happens because of my changing Emerald's font to FireRed's. It doesn't matter all that much right now, anyways, because it isn't even Oak yet, so I'll leave it as that right now.

                    Responses in bold. (Always wanted to do that after seeing you do it!) It's just a really easy way to respond to everything singularly.
                    Responses in bold... copier! XD
                    __________________


                    My other resources:
                    My Website
                    diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
                    diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
                    The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
                    Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
                    GBA Intro Manager
                    The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
                    Reply With Quote
                      #96    
                    Old October 29th, 2010 (3:15 AM).
                    Superjub's Avatar
                    Superjub Superjub is offline
                    Pokémon Aureolin
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2007
                    Location: Hoenn
                    Age: 23
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 2,288
                    Whoops! XD That probably explains most of the glitches. I thought I re-downloaded it, but I must have forgot to. X'D Anyway, I love the PCC. :) I have a question about the odd egg: does it still have a high chance of being shiny like in Pokemon Crystal? :S
                    __________________
                    Reply With Quote
                      #97    
                    Old October 29th, 2010 (6:36 PM).
                    Diegoisawesome's Avatar
                    Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
                    Oh god the bees
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2007
                    Location: :noitacoL
                    Age: 21
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Naive
                    Posts: 1,046
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
                    Whoops! XD That probably explains most of the glitches. I thought I re-downloaded it, but I must have forgot to. X'D Anyway, I love the PCC. :) I have a question about the odd egg: does it still have a high chance of being shiny like in Pokemon Crystal? :S
                    Well, TBH I don't really know.
                    I did set the right chance of there being a shiny, but I don't know if the Shinyzer works on eggs...
                    __________________


                    My other resources:
                    My Website
                    diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
                    diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
                    The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
                    Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
                    GBA Intro Manager
                    The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
                    Reply With Quote
                      #98    
                    Old November 10th, 2010 (4:20 AM).
                    pikachuhatesmk's Avatar
                    pikachuhatesmk pikachuhatesmk is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2010
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 4
                      I have a problem trying to download this, when I click the download link I get a shining opal thing, could you fix that? and btw what's an .aps file?
                      Reply With Quote
                        #99    
                      Old November 10th, 2010 (6:37 AM).
                      Diegoisawesome's Avatar
                      Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
                      Oh god the bees
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2007
                      Location: :noitacoL
                      Age: 21
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Naive
                      Posts: 1,046
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by pikachuhatesmk View Post
                      I have a problem trying to download this, when I click the download link I get a shining opal thing, could you fix that? and btw what's an .aps file?
                      Are you sure that you're clicking on the "Download CrystalDust" link?
                      Also, an .aps file is an Alternate Patching System type of file, similar to .ips.
                      But why are you asking here? The only type of download I have is .ips...
                      __________________


                      My other resources:
                      My Website
                      diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
                      diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
                      The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
                      Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
                      GBA Intro Manager
                      The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
                      Reply With Quote
                        #100    
                      Old November 11th, 2010 (11:17 PM).
                      slim spazzy's Avatar
                      slim spazzy slim spazzy is offline
                      Kik: spazzyda59
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2009
                        Age: 21
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Hasty
                        Posts: 348
                        this hack is really good i simply love the day and night feature.
                        Reply With Quote
                        Reply

                        Quick Reply

                        Join the conversation!

                        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                        Create a PokéCommunity Account
                        Thread Tools

                        Posting Rules
                        You may not post new threads
                        You may not post replies
                        You may not post attachments
                        You may not edit your posts

                        BB code is On
                        Smilies are On
                        [IMG] code is On
                        HTML code is Off

                        Forum Jump


                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:32 AM.