• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★Simple Vanilla★ - Normal Type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Hey, what if we do an event...? Voting for the coolest Normal type Pokemon?!

What is your favorite Normal type PKMN?

Eevee,Snorlax and Ursaring! Eevee is cure and has many Evolutions, Snorlax has great stats and Ursaring...STRONG! Haha.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Wanting to join this cause I was wondering why there wasn't a Normal-type club in the first place. :P
Name: AWsquared
Partner Pokemon: Wigglytuff, Mincinno ,and Braviary
Reason for Joining: For being such am expansive and interesting type containing many animals
Favorite normal type: I would have to say Wigglytuff and Braviary. Wigglytuff because the Guildmaster in Pokemon Mystery is such a cool character. I like how he's so easy going and calm and yet can have a temper when pissed off. Reminds me of myself sometimes. And Braviary is also my favorite flying type. From the moment he was introduced I just it's the coolest flying type ever.

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
I think snorlax should be the featured poke of this club. It looks normalish and original. Most of its moves are normal too

I also changed my opinion on favourite normal type. It's Zangoose. Why? It looks like Kratos from the God of War series!!!

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Welcome aboard AWsquared!

Well, anyway, now that we've all established what we most like about normal types, I'd like you all to post What you dislike most about normal types and which normal type do you like the least? A bold topic I know, but every types has its ups and downs, and I'd like to see what you guys think.

Edit: Just realizing I have posted 10 times (OP doesn't count for me), I shall grant myself the first simple vanilla star next to my name

Last edited:

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
Alright
I don't like normal types mainly because their design. They're too weak looking.
Time for a shocker. My least favorite normal type is Arceus. It's way too overrated. It says that it's the only poison type legendary. IT'S NOT. IT'S A FREAKING NORMAL TYPE. Also, I hate Smeargle too. Bulbapedia itself hypes over it too much. Every single move in gen 2 shows smeargle using it.

ChocolateCrunch

Not an old man. x]
Years
Name: ChocolateCrunch
Partner Pokemon: Loopy the Lickilicky (the ultimate staller when it comes to Curse -> Rest -> Sleep Talk -> Dragon Tail -> Repeat!), Alex the Arceus (it makes Arceus sound all cute and little, but oh hell naw') and Teddy the Teddirusa (too cute, I can't breath).

Reason for Joining: I've been talking to a friend at the Pokemon Showdown! server and he said to make friends, I think you should join up with a club. So here I am, signing up! :)
Answer the current topic: Probably the fact that they are super effective against nothing which is a shame but they are so cute and every Pokemon most have the good points, and the bad points.

Favorite Normal Type Move: Sleep Talk, why? Because it is the holy move that helps Lickilicky survive! :D

Also a message to the Club founder, your signature is adorable!

CourageHound

Years
Name: ChocolateCrunch
Partner Pokemon: Loopy the Lickilicky (the ultimate staller when it comes to Curse -> Rest -> Sleep Talk -> Dragon Tail -> Repeat!), Alex the Arceus (it makes Arceus sound all cute and little, but oh hell naw') and Teddy the Teddirusa (too cute, I can't breath).

Reason for Joining: I've been talking to a friend at the Pokemon Showdown! server and he said to make friends, I think you should join up with a club. So here I am, signing up! :)
Answer the current topic: Probably the fact that they are super effective against nothing which is a shame but they are so cute and every Pokemon most have the good points, and the bad points.

Favorite Normal Type Move: Sleep Talk, why? Because it is the holy move that helps Lickilicky survive! :D

Also a message to the Club founder, your signature is adorable!

Hey, welcome to the club!!

Its super cool that you decided to join cuz we'r all friends here. :cer_nod: And also, I see you like Lickylicy! I have a similar set, but mine goes like Protect, Heal Bell, Wish, and Dragon tail. Beast cleric/team supporter ftw!

As for you're answer to the topic, I very much so agree its kinda lame normal isnt super effective against any time. But hey, its normal. Whatya gunna do?

I guess another thing would be that most of the normal type lack certain stats or better sets of options that give them a hold of a good niche in higher tiers.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I personally dislike the fact that Normal types can't hit Ghost types with the Normal-type move.
The least liked normal Pokemon for me would be Slaking (because of Truant ability).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I personally don't mind that Normal moves aren't super effective against anything, I find that the usual huge diversity of Normal types is usually enough to compensate for it. Plus they hit hard against a lot of things and without too much resisting it and are quite often granted a STAB boost, so I don't think they have it that badly off. Obviously it'd be nice if they were super effective against something, but I quite like the uniqueness of the type as it stands.

ChocolateCrunch

Not an old man. x]
Years
I just realised that I can vote in the featured Pokèmon (Arceus, right?) and my opinion/vote on it is - it's awesome! In my current Ubers team it is an awesome gels and when I went to Smogon last night, as soon as I set up 2-4 Calm Minds, tree was so many people raging and leaving! ;3

Also, opinions on my new signature? :D

New Topic idea! : What is the strongest normal type in your opinion? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Strongest Normal type eh? Hmm... I think in terms of strength alone it has either be Slaking or Regigas (choosing not to count Arceus 'cos he's a spoil sport!), but obviously they both have drawbacks from their abilities. Then there's Blissey who's probably the most used Normal type, but I wouldn't call what she has strength so much as vitality, so she's out of the question... I think I'll go for Porygon 2, he's an utter beast when it comes to dealing strong attacks and when he's got a boost or two behind him he becomes pretty much unstoppable in no time. Obviously there are areas that let him down, but strength-wise and moves-wise I think Porygon 2 easily outshines a lot of the other Normal types.

(It's strange but whilst making this post I've realised how few Normal types there are in OU! Maybe they aren't as strong as I thought...)

CourageHound

Years
Strongest Normal type eh? Hmm... I think in terms of strength alone it has either be Slaking or Regigas (choosing not to count Arceus 'cos he's a spoil sport!), but obviously they both have drawbacks from their abilities. Then there's Blissey who's probably the most used Normal type, but I wouldn't call what she has strength so much as vitality, so she's out of the question... I think I'll go for Porygon 2, he's an utter beast when it comes to dealing strong attacks and when he's got a boost or two behind him he becomes pretty much unstoppable in no time. Obviously there are areas that let him down, but strength-wise and moves-wise I think Porygon 2 easily outshines a lot of the other Normal types.

(It's strange but whilst making this post I've realised how few Normal types there are in OU! Maybe they aren't as strong as I thought...)

Actually with eviolite chansey can take hits alot better than blissey. And also I think you mean porygon Z? Cuz in terms of sheer power porygon-z is by far mone of the most heavy hitting normal type with tri attack/hyper beam, a single nasty plot boost, along with its adaptability abillity. Ursaring being a physical yet slower equivilant.

A few of previous OU contending normal types moved down to UU on the generation shift. Such as Snorlax, and Togekiss. I also beleive stoutland was OU for a short time before he moved down.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oh duh of course, Porygon Z is the one I meant yes haha. Also holy poop I never noticed Usaring's base 130 Attack before, that's incredible o.o Why on earth is it only in the NU tier? It has pretty reasonable defences so I can't imagine it's terrible speed being that bad a problem? Or does it have something to do with having to rely on Toxic/Burn orbs...?

Years
Oh duh of course, Porygon Z is the one I meant yes haha. Also holy poop I never noticed Usaring's base 130 Attack before, that's incredible o.o Why on earth is it only in the NU tier? It has pretty reasonable defences so I can't imagine it's terrible speed being that bad a problem? Or does it have something to do with having to rely on Toxic/Burn orbs...?

I tried out Porygon-Z once in-game and with the right moveset and a boost from Adaptability can make its Tri Attack hit pretty darn hard. I guess the reason Ursaring is NU is because it has to rely too much on Toxic/Burn Orbs with the Guts ability for that mighty Attack boost. And it also has Quick Feet to bypass its slow Speed.

When Ursaring's Guts gets activated, you better watch out.

I have to say Slaking is one heck of a powerhouse, given how hard it was for me to defeat Norman in Ruby, but Truant is basically there to stop Slaking getting too overpowered. However, it's great for abusing Hyper Beam/Giga Impact, the latter of which helps Slaking's high Attack. And it's not as slow as you thought, and has solid defensive stats too.

Porygon2 is also pretty good when it has the Eviolite, making it outshine Porygon-Z in some fields. But yeah I do sorta feel about the lack of Normal-types in OU, maybe most have to rely on certain abilities/items.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Answering the topic:

Wait wut???? I don't know, I love normal types...hmm...maybe because it can't hit ghost types...yeah that's it, I think.

CourageHound

Years
I have to say Slaking is one heck of a powerhouse, given how hard it was for me to defeat Norman in Ruby, but Truant is basically there to stop Slaking getting too overpowered. However, it's great for abusing Hyper Beam/Giga Impact, the latter of which helps Slaking's high Attack. And it's not as slow as you thought, and has solid defensive stats too.

For slacking and its godly stats, I would abuse its massive powwer with a choice band. It suites it abillity in the way that Slacking performs a hit and run style of play. Switch in, launch an attack like a nuke, and switch out. Fits choice band nicely, and you wont realy be effected by traunt as long as you switch(albeit still loosing a turn while switching to an appropriate counter to your opponent's current pokemon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back