The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: General Discussions Pokémon Anime
Spoilers The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old March 28th, 2017 (9:56 PM).
Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
Spoiler:

Since this pic shows what Ash's Alola team is, I guess this likely confirms he catches Litten in an upcoming episode. That means Alola will be Sinnoh 2.0 in a way where Ash catches both the Grass and Fire starters while a blue-haired female companion owns the Water starter.
Spoiler:
Yeah. I have always thought it would end up being like this. This likely means that he may catch a pokemon that evolves in the next generation or something as well. So he might catch more than 5 pokemon again if they are following Sinnoh. By the name of the next episode, it looks like it Ash will be catching the Litten in the next episode. It also may hint that Ash is finally leaving Melemele island behind.

This also may mean that Litten and Rowlet will fully evolve.

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 4th, 2017 (7:27 PM).

Nature: Serious
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IcyIce View Post
    Spoiler:
    Yeah. I have always thought it would end up being like this. This likely means that he may catch a pokemon that evolves in the next generation or something as well. So he might catch more than 5 pokemon again if they are following Sinnoh. By the name of the next episode, it looks like it Ash will be catching the Litten in the next episode. It also may hint that Ash is finally leaving Melemele island behind.

This also may mean that Litten and Rowlet will fully evolve.
    i'm not sure about rowlet to be fully evolve. i mean, Rowlet is the joke part of the team and it becomes the center of attention towards young audiences. i don't think the writer would do risky way to evolve mascot pokemon. just like Oshawott, Chespin, and Piplup. they share common thing, they role as the joke for the show and they end up not evolving until the end of the series.
    Obtained: Alola: 289/390, National: 460/797
    Old April 4th, 2017 (9:47 PM).
    Whatever happens now, I've got you

Nature: Quirky
    Sater has a point. If Ash is catching Litten, it looks like Litten would be the more likely one to evolve, unfortunately leaving Rowlet to suffer the same fate as Oshawott, Piplup and Chespin which is being the comedy relief who is banned from evolving.
    Old April 6th, 2017 (7:18 AM).
    Fictional Writer.

Quote:
    Sater has a point. If Ash is catching Litten, it looks like Litten would be the more likely one to evolve, unfortunately leaving Rowlet to suffer the same fate as Oshawott, Piplup and Chespin which is being the comedy relief who is banned from evolving.
    But that point is countered by the point that Decidueye is also one of the most popular pokemon in Sun and Moon. I don't see them not evolving Rowlet. There has been times where popular pokemon have evolved even when their final stages aren't as popular. I think Turtwig was one of them. He is also getting his team early on, giving them time to progress similar to Sinnoh. However, I do understand where yall are coming from. If Decidueye wasn't so popular, I could see Rowlet not evolving easily.

Based on what I am seeing, they are giving Ash nothing, but fan favorites at the moment. Based on pokemon we know are popular, his next pokemon, if Sophocles doesn't catch is, will probably be Vikavolt.

Right now, if all pokemon evolve, he has a Grass, Electric, Fire, Rock, Dark, Ghost, and Flying, although he will lose the flying if Rowlet evolves. So pokemon he could possibly catch going on popularity alone are these.

Vikavolt (Not likely since it is Electric type)
    Mudsdale (HIghly possible)
    Wishiwashi (Would better match Lana I think)
    Golisopod (Not likely since that is Guzma's Signature Pokemon)
    Drampa (A good match to match Kiawe's Turtanator and was popular and think it would match Ash)

Other pokemon he could get are Passimian and Crabrawler. He usually catches a fighting type and both match Ash well going by the description of the pokemon on the main site.

We also need to remember that we might be getting more Alolan Pokemon in Pokemon Stars and even possibly new pokemon. I don't think Ash will catch any more pokemon for a while. And the 20 new pokemon in Stars is just a rumor and a possibility. With this being a gag like saga, I can see Ash catching a lot of pokemon. I am still hoping he catches an Alolan form.
    Old April 6th, 2017 (7:22 AM).

I have also picked up on Ash's Alola team mostly being fan-faves, well especially Rowlet and Rockruff. I could definitely see Rockruff evolving but if the writers do evolve Rowlet, I would love to see it struggle with its larger size and has to learn that it won't fit in Ash's bag ever again.

I do hope Ash's companions do catch more Pokemon, since I feel it's wrong for an Ash companion to go through their whole run with only one Pokemon.
    Old April 26th, 2017 (6:27 AM).
    Fighting a bigger fight

So, Pokefan leaked:
      Spoiler:

Best keep this spoiled since it's not in dub

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545
      Old April 26th, 2017 (7:07 AM). Edited April 30th, 2017 by IcyIce.
      Fictional Writer.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
      So, Pokefan leaked:
      Spoiler:

Best keep this spoiled since it's not in dub
      I wasn't expecting one of those, but it does make sense and matches Gladion's Personality.

Spoiler:
      I knew as soon as I read the title name and description on Serebii that this would be the case. This means Ash will probably end up getting Day Time Lycanroc or that 3rd version Lycanroc. However, the Umbreon was a bit surprising. Especially when Gary has one, but it does match him.

Speaking of Gladion, I don't think we even tried to guess his team. This seems to indicate that he will have dark type pokemon or evil looking pokemon though.
      Old April 27th, 2017 (11:01 PM).

Looks like I will be right with my prediction of Ash's Rockruff evolving into Midday Form Lycanroc. It's clearly the more popular Lycanroc form, so it makes sense the writers hand it over to Ash.
      Old April 30th, 2017 (3:10 PM).
      cataclysm

Nature: Gentle
      It's also the Lycanroc that's more Ash's style. I can't see him having a nighttime Lycanroc at all tbh.
      Old April 30th, 2017 (8:06 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ash View Post
      It's also the Lycanroc that's more Ash's style. I can't see him having a nighttime Lycanroc at all tbh.
      Especially because Midday Form is the more "natural" evolution. I can really only see Midnight Form as something associated with the bad guys.
      Old April 30th, 2017 (9:32 PM).
      V E S T I G O

Nature: Adamant
      Gladion not having Type: Null is weird but I guess since it's a more special Pokemon, it gets it own spotlight? Maybe Gladion captures it in an episode in the future on-screen?
      Old April 30th, 2017 (11:51 PM).

Well, to be fair, special Pokemon seem to be treated on a similar level to legendaries. So maybe we'll see Type: Null and Silvally appear, just not owned by Gladion. My guess is they'll be reserved for a movie, and probably the Ultra Beasts as well.
      Old May 1st, 2017 (6:24 AM).
      cataclysm

Nature: Gentle
      Either it will be reserved for a movie or he will obtain it some other way depending on his development.
      Old May 1st, 2017 (1:26 PM).
      Fictional Writer.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Varys View Post
      Gladion not having Type: Null is weird but I guess since it's a more special Pokemon, it gets it own spotlight? Maybe Gladion captures it in an episode in the future on-screen?
      It may be possible that he already has it, but doesn't use it. I am sure they wouldn't deprive Gladion of his signature pokemon. They usually don't in most cases. If I remember correctly, he had a rough time bonding with Null in the game, but continued to use it. It wasn't until he met Hau and our character that he was starting to be a bit more confident in using it. In this case, Ash would be that character.

It is possible that he fears that Null would be out of control, so he doesn't use it right now.
      Old May 11th, 2017 (3:41 AM).
      Fighting a bigger fight

SM026 spoiler

Spoiler:
        In an episode that teased Sophocles was leaving, he actually catches a Charjabug LMAO.

Ash went hunting for it as a farewell present which is nice. The SM group are a great bunch of friends with dynamic personalities

Old May 11th, 2017 (6:28 AM).
        Fictional Writer.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
        SM026 spoiler

Spoiler:
        In an episode that teased Sophocles was leaving, he actually catches a Charjabug LMAO.

Ash went hunting for it as a farewell present which is nice. The SM group are a great bunch of friends with dynamic personalities
        Yeah I love the group. I really can't wait to see the show in English!

Spoiler:
        So far I have been accurate with all the catches. I knew Sophocles would be the one to get the Grubbin line. Although.... would this be considered Ash catching it, then giving it to Sophocles? But yeah I didn't think Ash would get Vikavolt.

This being the case, I expect Lana and Kiawe to catch their first pokemon soon. If I had to guess, Lana will be first. Hoping she catches a Wishiwashi or Pyukumuku.

Although, within the next few episodes, it sounds like Mallow my catch a pokemon soon by the name of the episodes.
        Old May 11th, 2017 (7:00 AM).

Nice to see Sophocles be the first SM companion to catch a second Pokemon with that Charjabug. Now I just hope the others can get another Pokemon as well...

Hopefully Charjabug will evolve into Vikavolt at some point, to prove why Ash couldn't get it due to having a Pikachu that will never leave him. Let's basically admit that Ash will never be allowed to own another Electric-type out of the writers not wanting to overshadow Pikachu.
        Old May 11th, 2017 (7:39 AM).
        Fighting a bigger fight

I personally hope Lana catches Dewpider/Araquanid, it might be able to help in her goal to travel the world in a big bubble.

Wishiwashi might make sense if she ends up taking a trial.

Old May 13th, 2017 (7:52 AM).
          Strategist

So...

Am I the only one that has a bad feeling and/or am REALLY CONCERNED this Ash/Tapu Koko relationship may potentially lead to Ash possibly...

Spoiler:
            Catching Tapu Koko?

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS PLEASE GOD NO.

The series would practically become unwatchable if that happens IMO.

The Roman Reigns of the internet
            Old May 13th, 2017 (8:17 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
            So...

Am I the only one that has a bad feeling and/or am REALLY CONCERNED this Ash/Tapu Koko relationship may potentially lead to Ash possibly...

Spoiler:
            Catching Tapu Koko?

It would definitely not make sense since the Tapus are not exactly legendaries, but will likely get the same treatment as legendaries. Tapu Koko needs to guard Melemele, not let this trainer it recognized catch it.
            Old May 13th, 2017 (11:49 AM).
            Fictional Writer.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
            So...

Spoiler:
            Catching Tapu Koko?

He isn't going to catch Tapu Koko. Not only is it basically a Legendary, but it also an Electric type. If he didn't catch Meloetta in Unova, he isn't going to catch Tapu Koko. I am calling the Tapus legends because they are similar to birds and they are unique and at the end of the Dex. And they are based on Tiki Gods, so to me, they are legendary pokemon.

Now he might team up with Tapu Koko at a later time against the Ultra Beasts, similar to how they handled the Lake Trio, but it is extremely unlikely he will catch Koko.

All the time in the anime, Ash either Teams up with legends or becomes friends with them, but he never catches them. Meloetta being the big one at the moment. We know Ash can command Latias, Latios, and Rayquaza and ride on Lugia. Even though they are movies, it shows the relationship between Ash and the Legends.
            Old June 14th, 2017 (1:55 PM).

I doubt Ash will catch a water type this time if he would it would have been a Wimpod. He didn't catch the one he tried to save, so I doubt he will catch one and the other water types don't fit him.

Old June 15th, 2017 (11:45 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Red-Charizard View Post
              I doubt Ash will catch a water type this time if he would it would have been a Wimpod. He didn't catch the one he tried to save, so I doubt he will catch one and the other water types don't fit him.
              You do have a point, since he didn't catch any Grass-types.

Out of the possible Water-types in Alola, here's all the lines and which ones are out of contention.

Popplio line - Owned by Lana
              Wishiwashi
              Mareanie line - Owned by James
              Dewpider line
              Wimpod line
              Pyukumuku

So basically, two lines are out of contention. Aside from Wimpod, I see Dewpider being the only other possibility for a Water-type Ash could catch. Pyukumuku can't attack directly which is unfitting with Ash's battling style, and Wishiwashi would be a Misty's Goldeen situation.
              Old June 15th, 2017 (12:10 PM).

Quote:
                You do have a point, since he didn't catch any Grass-types.

Out of the possible Water-types in Alola, here's all the lines and which ones are out of contention.

Popplio line - Owned by Lana
                Wishiwashi
                Mareanie line - Owned by James
                Dewpider line
                Wimpod line
                Pyukumuku

So basically, two lines are out of contention. Aside from Wimpod, I see Dewpider being the only other possibility for a Water-type Ash could catch. Pyukumuku can't attack directly which is unfitting with Ash's battling style, and Wishiwashi would be a Misty's Goldeen situation.
                Yes, Ash not catching any grass types in Kalos is another reason why I don't think he will catch any water types in Alola, forgot to mention it.

Like I said Ash had the chance to catch a Wimpod but he didn't take it.

Dewpider I don't see going to Ash, more to Lana.

All the other water types are out of question because of the reasons you mentioned.

Old July 5th, 2017 (9:10 PM).
                Banned

Nature: Lonely
                  I rather ash never gets another water type pokemon. After the ridiculous release of Greninja, he should stay away water types or stay away from water type starters in general. I swear if ash releases his pokemon again when he has a full team and no reserves then i am done. Goodra and greninja being release was a disgrace. Good thing ash lost the kalos league because that will be punishment for releasing two pokemon that did not need to be released.

Anyway i expect one starter fully evolved and perhaps Rockruff too.

Quick Reply