• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Nine-Tailed Assassin-
Tools> Save map picture.

mrhiyuck-
That's for the tileset.

Years
For an applymovement Script in A-map, what do I change with the Script and the person events?
It always freezes without them...(Pokemon FR)

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
i dont know i how thiss help but try xse,xsm,pksv,or pokescript

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
For an applymovement Script in A-map, what do I change with the Script and the person events?
It always freezes without them...(Pokemon FR)

You don't need to change anything with the script and person events.
Just: unknown: 0003 ; and var no.: 4050.

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2009
A hard question for Pokemon DP..
How do you find the offsets? And do yuo know the offsets for the hero and heroine in battle?

Years
Man, who had this idea of putting all tiles into these weird sections?

AdvanceMap! I tought; YAY! a great program ... bull (you know what). :classic:

Cant i just simply get all the possible tiles into one tileset or, whatever that i can enjoy and use all tiles while editing?? because every time I change the tileset all my previous tiles get MESSED UP! I can never use other tiles than the ones in the set i choose from the beginning!

I want simply use ALL and i mean ALL! tiles without getting the previous, already placed tiles MESSED UP!

If you know an answer please instruct me.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Here's one; what are some of the pros and cons of RSE vs. FRLG? RSE has a clock, but would I be able to use that to script events to time? Like, say, have this person be ready to battle every 36 hours, or have this person only appear at night, or have this person appear every twelve hours for two hours then disappear, so on and so forth? That could potentially decide which ROM I begin with. If I don't have the clock to work with, I dunno what reasons besides contests would constitute for me using Ruby. And, to be honest, contests aren't worth FR/LG's extra features. I've heard that Emerald is unstable to hack as well. Could someone explain why? Thanks.
~Furry

Mario_Bones

Lazuli Version Creator
Years
Is it possible to make a Pokemon evolve into a Pokemon that I've inserted into one of the 25 blank spaces without a glitch? I want to add the five new Rotom forms to my hack but don't want to waste Pokedex space.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Two extreme glitches in my hack:

1. I'll give the more expected one first. At the beginning of the game,
when the truck stops moving and you walk out, The screen just turns
black and that's it.

2. Incredibly strange. There's this on map I've edited,
and it works fine, except 35% of the time when you walk
into the route (through a door or from walking a path; never from
coming out of a cave) it will, for whatever reason, show the original
unedited map and movement permissions of the map
before it was hacked! (but the events and header will stay completely the same,
not sure about Wild Pokemon.) Why? Why is the map even in the games programming??
And of course it's a ack of emerald... it's the only place from which you could expect such stupid glitches.

Need answers!

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Is it possible to make a Pokemon evolve into a Pokemon that I've inserted into one of the 25 blank spaces without a glitch? I want to add the five new Rotom forms to my hack but don't want to waste Pokedex space.

Well, I would think you could insert the pokemon into 1 of the 25 free spaces, and then use a pokemon editor to edit the pokemon's evolution data. I suggest using YAPE if you aren't already.

Here is a link to YAPE, at the bottom post 1, I also suggest you read post 33, as it has info on adding more pokemon to the game.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135173

Hope that helps! ^_^

Now For My Question...
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a list of all of the movement
#Raw codes. (For instance, on pokemon FireRed, look up is 0x00 [or in XSE, I just type 00]) There seem to be MAJOR differences in the two sets of movements Raw codes. A link would be favored, but anything that pertains to the question is helpful. Thank you.

Last edited:
Years
Well, a pretty old question...Where can I find the tutorial for adding pokemon using the 25 free space? I searched, but didn't find...

And also the question...Where is the end of the type weakness/strength data? I want to program a program for myself.

Years
A hard question for Pokemon DP..
How do you find the offsets? And do yuo know the offsets for the hero and heroine in battle?
Offsets are found through educated assumptions and trial and errors.
Which sprites are you talking about DP or GBA?
Man, who had this idea of putting all tiles into these weird sections?

AdvanceMap! I tought; YAY! a great program ... bull (you know what). :classic:

Cant i just simply get all the possible tiles into one tileset or, whatever that i can enjoy and use all tiles while editing?? because every time I change the tileset all my previous tiles get MESSED UP! I can never use other tiles than the ones in the set i choose from the beginning!

I want simply use ALL and i mean ALL! tiles without getting the previous, already placed tiles MESSED UP!

If you know an answer please instruct me.
What? Wow, you're lazy. You can only use two Tile sets. And if you wanted to do something in ASM to allow for more Tile sets being used, Advancemap or any other mapping tool would be useless.
So I suggest, either make maps where only two tilesets are used or go over to rpg making. Go over to the games showcase. Something like that may be possible with those things. Although I'm not sure.

Here's one; what are some of the pros and cons of RSE vs. FRLG? RSE has a clock, but would I be able to use that to script events to time? Like, say, have this person be ready to battle every 36 hours, or have this person only appear at night, or have this person appear every twelve hours for two hours then disappear, so on and so forth? That could potentially decide which ROM I begin with. If I don't have the clock to work with, I dunno what reasons besides contests would constitute for me using Ruby. And, to be honest, contests aren't worth FR/LG's extra features. I've heard that Emerald is unstable to hack as well. Could someone explain why? Thanks.
~Furry
You could look here where people have argued about it.
Here
And there's here as well.
Here
We may have argued about it in another thread aswell but there's two threads you cna read people's opinions in.
I think it's really just a preference thing. Like Time/DJG hacks Ruby, because he prefers it. I mostly hack Fire Red/Leaf Green, not because everyone else, but because it's just a preference for me, and most of the stuff I look at in roms, I look at FR first.

Now For My Question...
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a list of all of the movement
#Raw codes. (For instance, on pokemon FireRed, look up is 0x00 [or in XSE, I just type 00]) There seem to be MAJOR differences in the two sets of movements Raw codes. A link would be favored, but anything that pertains to the question is helpful. Thank you.
What differences are you talking about? Movements aren't defined by Script Editor. What you mentioned is just a format.
But here's a good reference for FR movements.
Movements

Well, a pretty old question...Where can I find the tutorial for adding pokemon using the 25 free space? I searched, but didn't find...

And also the question...Where is the end of the type weakness/strength data? I want to program a program for myself.
Hmmm.... I don't think I posted my one here at PC....
But here's one by Green Charizard over at pkmnhackersonline.
Inserting New Pokemon

I assume the end is at &h24F194, but I could be wrong.

Years
Hmm.. I think that there has been a slight misunderstanding. I just wanted to know the way (if possible) to use all tiles and not be LIMITED into using only two tilesets! I don't see anything in that, what would make me lazy...
because I have used and use programs that have no such limitations ("everything" is possible)

Thats why I thought AdvanceMap would be just as .. Advanced.
I didnt want it to be easy or fast or anything . I just wanted to know a way, easy or hard.
Man, you know that it limits mapping somehow, eh? Well, thanks anyway.

Man whats lazy in that?? (not an official question)

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Hmm.. I think that there has been a slight misunderstanding. I just wanted to know the way (if possible) to use all tiles and not be LIMITED into using only two tilesets! I don't see anything in that, what would make me lazy...
because I have used and use programs that have no such limitations ("everything" is possible)

Thats why I thought AdvanceMap would be just as .. Advanced.
I didnt want it to be easy or fast or anything . I just wanted to know a way, easy or hard.
Man, you know that it limits mapping somehow, eh? Well, thanks anyway.

Man whats lazy in that?? (not an official question)

If you're not lazy, why don't you just make your own custom tileset?
A-map makes it easy. Just go to this tutorial (incredibly useful!)

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Hmm..I have one question. How do you change the flower animation for firered and emerald?

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Here's a question I originally posted as its own thread, but it certainly
isn't getting answered there. Please someone answer it!

How come there's still no tutorial for hex editing whether a type is physical or special? (Generation III) This is very important for me, because I want to make Dark physical and ??? special. Please, expert hex editors, help me do this. At least if you can't help me, try to advertise this if you agree that it is important. If you have any way of finding these bytes, I'll try to get Coolboyman to put it in his (All Games) Type Weakness/Strength Changing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back