Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Another tale is about to begin — come chat and speculate about the just-announced pair of games retelling the story of the Alola region, Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon!

Draconius GO
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 12th, 2017 (3:37 PM). Edited September 12th, 2017 by DuckTheDuck.
DuckTheDuck's Avatar
DuckTheDuck DuckTheDuck is offline
Ice! Ice!! Ice!!!
     
    Join Date: Sep 2017
    Location: Brazil
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 2
    Hi! I'm from Brazil and I really like Pokémon since I was a kid! I'm very excited about the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon games, researching a little and watching videos I managed to get to pretty cool things for a theory, so come on!

    And.. Sorry for my bad english, haha! I am using Google Translate for some problems!

    Well, researching a little about Necrozma, I had the idea of ​​separating your name in two words, keeping only the "middle". Of course, the words formed were Necro and Ozma. Necro is an etymology to indicate death or a dead body, we all know, but Ozma was more interesting to research. Giving a glimpse I find something very cool and very reminder of the Ultra Beasts!

    "The "Drake Equation" is a probabilistic argument used to estimate the number of active extraterrestrial civilizations in our Milky Way galaxy with which we could have chances to establish communication."

    That was the first thing I found. I was quite intrigued because this extraterrestrial civilization has a lot to do with the Ultra Beasts. They came from an alternate dimension we know in the Pokémon universe. Are there not only those Ultra Beasts, but a civilization in which it is quite common to find them? Well, that was just the beginning, because I found cooler things still involving this Drake Equation.

    "In the project he called the Ozma Project, Drake investigated two SUN-like stars: Episilon Eridani and Tau Ceti."

    The Sun is a star, and according to the trailers of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Necrozma has a chance to be a star, who has made a living, but she is dying and losing her light (NECROzma). Following this logic I thought about it here:
    What if Necrozma, in a desperate attempt to find a new star for him to have his light again, used his forces to open wormholes (the Ultra Wormhole) and try to find stars to get his light? And if that huge hole on top of Melemele is one of the earthworm holes that Necrozma opened to see if there was a star powerful enough to give it light again? In this opening of earthworm holes in space, he opened a dimensional slot that freed some Ultra Beasts from the civilization that is common to find them and so they are on Earth, for they came out of that wormhole in Melemele. Now that Necrozma has arrived on Earth, he has been able to find two inexhaustible sources of light, and wants to take them on to have his life back:

    Solgaleo and Lunala!

    I hope you liked it! And thank you for reading! A hug from Brazil!
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old September 12th, 2017 (5:04 PM).
    Alexander18's Avatar
    Alexander18 Alexander18 is offline
    Dragon user
       
      Join Date: Jun 2017
      Location: NZ
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lonely
      Posts: 1,308
      I doubt any of that would happen and be true. I tend to not believe in theories from others.
      __________________
      I am a healthy and smart member of Poke Community. Has not been defeated in a pokemon battle by anyone of this forums or others. I am a Dragon user who taught my Dragons to combat all their weaknesses.
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old September 13th, 2017 (5:59 AM).
      Gladion's Avatar
      Gladion Gladion is offline
      x Silvally
         
        Join Date: Sep 2009
        Location: Aether Paradise
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Sassy
        Posts: 1,201
        No one asked you if you think they are true or not.

        It's a pretty cool concept; Take everything with a pinch of salt. It could happen and it could not. Why not take in more information? It's not everyday you get to learn something cool and new like this and I find it pretty creative and a cool concept to follow.
        __________________
        "What does a Pokémon Trainer really need to be successful?
        I guess everyone might have their own answer.
        But for me...I want the strongest rival for myself
        ."
        - Gladion
        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old September 13th, 2017 (6:03 AM).
        mysticalflute's Avatar
        mysticalflute mysticalflute is offline
           
          Join Date: Aug 2017
          Location: Michigan
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Gentle
          Posts: 84
          I like this theory! I don't know if it's plausible or not, but it's really creative!
          Reply With Quote
            #5    
          Old September 13th, 2017 (12:09 PM).
          Alexander18's Avatar
          Alexander18 Alexander18 is offline
          Dragon user
             
            Join Date: Jun 2017
            Location: NZ
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Lonely
            Posts: 1,308
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Gladion View Post
            No one asked you if you think they are true or not.

            It's a pretty cool concept; Take everything with a pinch of salt. It could happen and it could not. Why not take in more information? It's not everyday you get to learn something cool and new like this and I find it pretty creative and a cool concept to follow.
            I never said that they did. Please don't talk to me like that. Uncalled for.

            I just don't think that the theory is realistic and not remotely possible.
            Reply With Quote
              #6    
            Old September 13th, 2017 (12:46 PM).
            Nah's Avatar
            Nah Nah is offline
            • Moderator
             
            Join Date: Nov 2013
            Location: over there
            Age: 25
            Gender: Female
            Posts: 11,744
            Huh, had no idea that the "ozma" part of "Necrozma" might actually mean something

            It does thematically make some sense
            __________________
            NAH

            "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

            D&D6th Gen
            Reply With Quote
              #7    
            Old September 13th, 2017 (12:48 PM). Edited September 13th, 2017 by BadSheep.
            BadSheep's Avatar
            BadSheep BadSheep is offline
            I'm baaaaaaaaad
            • PokéCommunity Daily
             
            Join Date: Jun 2015
            Location: somewhere (duh)
            Age: 18
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Lax
            Posts: 4,328
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
            I never said that they did. Please don't talk to me like that. Uncalled for.

            I just don't think that the theory is realistic and not remotely possible.
            At least give some reason to contribute positively to the discussion dude.

            Personally, I think the theory is very interesting because of the OP's breakdown of the word "Necrozma;" however, I disagree with his theory because Necrozma is translated from Japanese and its very possible the final storyline wasnt finished before the release of Sun and Moon.
            __________________

            Signature by Nah
            Avatar by Bobbylicious
            Reply With Quote
              #8    
            Old September 13th, 2017 (1:24 PM).
            DuckTheDuck's Avatar
            DuckTheDuck DuckTheDuck is offline
            Ice! Ice!! Ice!!!
               
              Join Date: Sep 2017
              Location: Brazil
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 2
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by BadSheep View Post
              At least give some reason to contribute positively to the discussion dude.

              Personally, I think the theory is very interesting because of the OP's breakdown of the word "Necrozma;" however, I disagree with his theory because Necrozma is translated from Japanese and its very possible the final storyline wasnt finished before the release of Sun and Moon.
              "Necrozma" has the same pronunciation in both English and Japanese (ネ ク ロ ズ マ Necrozma). The pronunciation is also the same in French, German, Spanish and Italian!
              Reply With Quote
                #9    
              Old September 13th, 2017 (2:00 PM).
              OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
              OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
              10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2010
                Location: Oregon
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Careful
                Posts: 17,509
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by DuckTheDuck View Post
                "Necrozma" has the same pronunciation in both English and Japanese (ネ ク ロ ズ マ Necrozma). The pronunciation is also the same in French, German, Spanish and Italian!
                Yup! Most of the legendaries tend to have the same name in multiple languages starting with Gen II. Masuda himself once mentioned that he picked names would make would good in multiple languages or something along those lines.

                I got a theory about Necrozma of my own. That theory is that Necrozma is an astral being. I got this idea by seeing the cover of the games. There seems to be a figure with eyes in some images from the official site. Oddly enough that would make the ghost and steel typing a better fit for Necrozma as it's like a ghost inhabiting armor. Funny enough, Steel and Ghost just so happen to be the secondary typing of the other two members of its trio...
                __________________
                I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                Reply With Quote
                  #10    
                Old September 13th, 2017 (4:48 PM).
                BadSheep's Avatar
                BadSheep BadSheep is offline
                I'm baaaaaaaaad
                • PokéCommunity Daily
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2015
                Location: somewhere (duh)
                Age: 18
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lax
                Posts: 4,328
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by DuckTheDuck View Post
                "Necrozma" has the same pronunciation in both English and Japanese (ネ ク ロ ズ マ Necrozma). The pronunciation is also the same in French, German, Spanish and Italian!
                I stand corrected then xD

                Your theory seems to be pretty valid actually!
                __________________

                Signature by Nah
                Avatar by Bobbylicious
                Reply With Quote
                  #11    
                Old September 15th, 2017 (5:38 PM).
                WingsofBliss's Avatar
                WingsofBliss WingsofBliss is offline
                Flies with the wind.
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2015
                  Location: United States
                  Age: 28
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 1,011
                  Here's what the official website says about Necrozma following what was shown in the Direct:

                  "Necrozma is a mysterious Legendary Pokémon said to be from a different world. Necrozma uses light as an energy source to stay active. It also absorbs light energy from its opponents and turns that energy into powerful lasers using the prisms in its two arms. The lasers can blast through anything. It has a dangerous nature, and rages about in search of light, but also appears to be in pain when it does so."

                  That last sentence is very interesting; at first I thought that Necrozma might actually be evil because of how it's portrayed in the trailers and its SM Pokedex entry saying it has a vicious disposition. It may still be, I don't know... but I'm wondering if that light creature on the boxarts has anything to do with it searching and feeding off light.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #12    
                  Old September 18th, 2017 (5:55 PM).
                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                  10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2010
                    Location: Oregon
                    Age: 23
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Careful
                    Posts: 17,509
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by WingsofBliss View Post
                    Here's what the official website says about Necrozma following what was shown in the Direct:

                    "Necrozma is a mysterious Legendary Pokémon said to be from a different world. Necrozma uses light as an energy source to stay active. It also absorbs light energy from its opponents and turns that energy into powerful lasers using the prisms in its two arms. The lasers can blast through anything. It has a dangerous nature, and rages about in search of light, but also appears to be in pain when it does so."

                    That last sentence is very interesting; at first I thought that Necrozma might actually be evil because of how it's portrayed in the trailers and its SM Pokedex entry saying it has a vicious disposition. It may still be, I don't know... but I'm wondering if that light creature on the boxarts has anything to do with it searching and feeding off light.
                    That need to absorb light reminds me of a black hole.
                    __________________
                    I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                    https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                    Reply With Quote
                    Reply

                    Quick Reply

                    Join the conversation!

                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                    Sponsored Links
                    Thread Tools

                    Posting Rules
                    You may not post new threads
                    You may not post replies
                    You may not post attachments
                    You may not edit your posts

                    BB code is On
                    Smilies are On
                    [IMG] code is On
                    HTML code is Off

                    Forum Jump


                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:26 AM.