• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: ROM Hack Example Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Before you share your hack with the community, read the Rom Hacks Studio, Progressing Rom Hacks and Sideshow Showcase forum rules.
Those threads contain the most important guidelines for you to follow, so you should always make sure you've checked them before you post! They'll also help you figure out which forum your project belongs in.

Example Thread

Pokémon Shimmering Sevii

Story

You're a young trainer from the Sevii Islands who hopes to one day leave their boring homeland and become Kanto's Champion!

Features

• Expanded, custom Pokédex; 400 Pokémon from generations 1-5
  • The Physical/Special/Status Split and Fairy-type
  • New attacks and abilities, updated to Gen 7's standards
  • Several small quality of life updates, such as the BW2 Repel prompt and XY experience gain on capture

Screenshots

S1S0xcB.png
u0tznU8.png
XHYjYIo.png
Ckkk6E2.png
Z5iTh1j.png
kxosVOW.png

Credits

• soandso - Story, scripting
  • JacMccafferty - Maps
  • SuperIntelligentSnail - Various ASM
  • belter93 - Tiles, sprites

Bugs

• None

Download

Click here to download the latest release!
Beta 1 ends in Five Island, after stopping Team Rocket at Icefall Cave.
*This is a completely made-up hack with fictional people listed in the credits and screenshots from FireRed.*

Frequently Asked Question: How do I add screenshots to my thread?

To take a screenshot to add to your post you'll need to open your hack in an emulator of your choice; VisualBoyAdvance, for example. In VBA, if you highlight "File" you'll see a "Screen Capture" option. As described, this will capture what's on VBA's screen and let you save the image. Now that you have your screenshot, upload it to an image hosting site such as imgur. Next, get the URL and wrap tags around it like this:
[CENTER][img]https://i.imgur.com/ImrlMNF.png[/CENTER]
Alternatively, you can add your image via this icon when creating your post, simply paste your link there and it'll wrap the tags around it for you:
[CENTER][img]https://i.imgur.com/XC1PkTE.png[/CENTER]

Thread Templates

Want your thread to look neat and tidy but can't be bothered with formatting or CSS? These might come in handy ~

Template #1
Spoiler:

Template #2
Spoiler:

Template #3
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back