• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
at times though, you need to go to the SF.

Anywho, good job with the shiny Shido. (You lucky Basta...yah xD)

And I am yet to get one. I'm going to bed now, and playing some more! ^.^

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Tonight I bring a tale of my misfortune, last night as I sat down to hunt I discovered my DS' top screen had pretty much broken, with a split inside the screen causing most of the screen to be covered in darkness D:

Needless to say I was rather upset about this, but it does give me a great excuse to get a DS Lite when I can afford it. I can still hunt as you only need one screen to do so, but I will need to get a new one by the time D/P come out in the UK.

Shinyhunter: D= Unknown's are ugly and since i don't hunt that often racing would be pretty pointless :P

Shido: How long do you actually hunt? getting two shinys so quicky is a great feat, if only that would happent to me D:

DarkParukia: Never go near the Safari Zone XD

*goes to hunt*

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Shido: How long do you actually hunt? getting two shinys so quicky is a great feat, if only that would happent to me D:

*goes to hunt*

I hunt when I can but Like I was telling DDD I dont really pay attention its jsut something I do while I do other stuff like watch tv or play a game or read a book I hunt with the sound off and just look down to see if I ran into a pokemon and if its shiny . the golbat I got while talking to kim and really wasnt paying attnetion the golbat prolly sat there for about five minutes before I actualy looked down to check if I ran into a pokemon XD

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Tonight I bring a tale of my misfortune, last night as I sat down to hunt I discovered my DS' top screen had pretty much broken, with a split inside the screen causing most of the screen to be covered in darkness D:

That happened to me once, to this day i still don't know which one of my siblings did as they still both protest innocence XD
It's not all bad though, i now have a sleek sexy black ds lite to SH on.

I'm gonna start the marathon ev training of my shinies tonight, wonder how long it'll take me to ev train 50+ shiny pokemon?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Hey, guys, I need your help. I'm having trouble deciding on which Johto Starter I should soft reset for on Emerald. I'm really torn between Chikorita and Cyndaquil. I used to want to do Totodile, but it and its evolutions don't appeal to me anymore (especially Feraligatr, it looks ew in D/P). I know that the obvious pick would be Chikorita (IT'S GOLDEN :D :D :D), but Typhlosion occupies a special place in my heart. It was the first Pokemon I used to experiment with diversity. In my Silver, my Typholosion's moveset was TPunch/Flamethrower/Earthquake/Sunny Day; after I saw how well lit worked, I never made an in-game team without it (in GSC of course). Any suggestions or ways to help me choose?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I say go for the Shiny Cyndaquil (although I think you're crazy saying Shiny Feraligatr is ugly in D/P. :P) because it looks great. I like Shiny Chiko, but Bayleef and Meganium just suck. I wish they had kept the main gold color as Chiko does. (Bayleef does some, but isn't as cool). But who knows, some shinies are better of unevoloved and some could be used in contests, or just to look at. :| Do what you want. That's my 38 cents on it.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Tell me about it shido. I've had worse, though. If anyone's read my posts on the last page, they'll know what I'm referring to. Although I just caught a Kangaskhan there I still hate the Safari Zone.

As for the Hitmon hunt, no luck so far.

EDIT: After the unfortunate incident at the Safari Zone I have decided to aquire a shiny member of the Dragonite family. Later I thought that going after Miror B's Dragonite in XD would be the best way. This Dragonite has the move Heal Bell, making it one of the best clerics out there. So I'm gonna SR infront of Miror B and battle him until his Dragonite is shiny. And I have a couple of questions about that:

1) Is the Dragonite's shiny value set after the first encounter or can you kill it and change its value by battling MB again?
2) Is the value preset at any time?

Last edited:

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
Years
Hey I see the club is still doing well. Anyways congratulations to all you lucky people that have cought shinies. I haven't got any new shinies yet, in fact I haven't played pokemon in two weeks due to final fantasy. But I think today i'll play it and hopefully find a shiny.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Tell me about it shido. I've had worse, though. If anyone's read my posts on the last page, they'll know what I'm referring to. Although I just caught a Kangaskhan there I still hate the Safari Zone.

As for the Hitmon hunt, no luck so far.

EDIT: After the unfortunate incident at the Safari Zone I have decided to aquire a shiny member of the Dragonite family. Later I thought that going after Miror B's Dragonite in XD would be the best way. This Dragonite has the move Heal Bell, making it one of the best clerics out there. So I'm gonna SR infront of Miror B and battle him until his Dragonite is shiny. And I have a couple of questions about that:

1) Is the Dragonite's shiny value set after the first encounter or can you kill it and change its value by battling MB again?
2) Is the value preset at any time?

Um, why don't you just soft reset on FR/LG? Anyways, the values SHOULD be set when you first face the Dragonite. Once you face it for the first time, that's the value it will have forever.

I decided to hunt for a shiny Cyndaquil. Wish me luck.

Edit: I cannot believe that I forgot to tell you guys this. lol. Anyways, I had a dream that I reset my Ruby version because I was bored of seeing Latias all the time. I wasn't going to save it or anything, just reset it and see if I got a shiny starter or something (believe it or not, when I first got R/S/E, I was curious to see the other starters' evolutions, so once I fully evolved my Torchic to Blaziken, I restarted my game and got the other starters and leveled them up to 36 just to see the final evolutions). I chose Mudkip, and it was shiny.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Um, why don't you just soft reset on FR/LG? Anyways, the values SHOULD be set when you first face the Dragonite. Once you face it for the first time, that's the value it will have forever.

I decided to hunt for a shiny Cyndaquil. Wish me luck.

I explained that. I want Miror's Dragonite because it has Heal Bell. Good luck with your Cyndaquil hunt

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
Years
Has there been more members tht have joined here? Because it seems like it.
I think im going to catch Rayquaza very very soon. Good luck to all!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I explained that. I want Miror's Dragonite because it has Heal Bell. Good luck with your Cyndaquil hunt

Oh, sorry I missed that. However, just because Dragonite GETS Heal Bell doesn't mean it would make a good cleric. Especially not with only 80 Base Speed and a 4x Ice weakness. The best clerics are Blissey, Miltank, and Celebi, and that's for their defensive prowess. But, to each his own, I guess.

Edit: I feel like quad hunting, so that's what I'll do...only problem is, I have to use my GB Player. Oh well, I'll just hook it up. I'll be hunting for Molres, Latias, and Torchic on my White DS Lite, Black GBA SP, and Black DS Lite respectively, and I'll alternate between Cyndauil and Bulbasaur on the GB Player. I don't know if I'll hunt for a shiny Beldum, we'll see how it goes.

It should be noted that I can do a one-handed soft reset on the GB Player. :)

Edit2: It should be noted that quad soft resetting for by using the GB Player is ridiculously time-consuming, slow, and difficult.

I managed to get an ID of 15111 on my LG. Will it be lucky?

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
But having Heal Bell makes it even more one of a kind. I don't have XD though.

Today has been a harrowing tale of shiny hunting. I have spent around 6 hours SHing for Magnemite, SRing for Scyther, and doing double trouble with Charmander, and that can mean only one thing: yes, I got an extra FR today. So even if I have stiff competition, don't count me out at all. I've seen enough Magnemites today that any one now could be shiny. The new FR could open up alot of options, and already has past Charmander. I have an ID of 6 something, and I hardly ever get a 6 in my game IDs (seriously, it's almost always 30#0#. When I first started up my new FR I got that sort of ID and it's the same setup as FR1, and it took 310 hours to find the first shiny. That's not going to happen again.), so I feel lucky with it.

I myself wouldn't try doing 4 at a time. It was almost impossible doing 3 at a time. It just slowed me down and increased the chances of resetting on a shiny, AKA not paying attention. But 2 can be done, and that's what I do if I have the time and games.

Targets:
FR1: Scyther
LG: Charmander
FR2: Charmander
Emerald: Magnemite
Ruby: Holding
Sapphire: Holding

Good luck, I suppose.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
But having Heal Bell makes it even more one of a kind. I don't have XD though.

Today has been a harrowing tale of shiny hunting. I have spent around 6 hours SHing for Magnemite, SRing for Scyther, and doing double trouble with Charmander, and that can mean only one thing: yes, I got an extra FR today. So even if I have stiff competition, don't count me out at all. I've seen enough Magnemites today that any one now could be shiny. The new FR could open up alot of options, and already has past Charmander. I have an ID of 6 something, and I hardly ever get a 6 in my game IDs (seriously, it's almost always 30#0#. When I first started up my new FR I got that sort of ID and it's the same setup as FR1, and it took 310 hours to find the first shiny. That's not going to happen again.), so I feel lucky with it.

I myself wouldn't try doing 4 at a time. It was almost impossible doing 3 at a time. It just slowed me down and increased the chances of resetting on a shiny, AKA not paying attention. But 2 can be done, and that's what I do if I have the time and games.

Targets:
FR1: Scyther
LG: Charmander
FR2: Charmander
Emerald: Magnemite
Ruby: Holding
Sapphire: Holding

Good luck, I suppose.

Believe me, if you're hunting shinies that only require you to press A a couple of times to initiate the battle or a different button (in my case, Latias, Moltres, Groudon, and pretty much every legendary fall under this case), it's VERY easy to soft reset for three pokemon. I can even do four easily, and I would be doing it, but I don't have my blue GBA SPs with me at the moment. GOod luck with Charmander, though. I pre-ordered Pokemon Diamond today, and I would have bought a used Ruby (to hunt for a Mudkip, and "double trouble" for Latias), but EBGames didn't have any.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
I've started the XD Dragonite hunt with a full-on battle plan. I'm going to try catching it in a Luxury Ball. It may sound crazy but it can work. I have a high level Zangoose with False Swipe and a high level Venusaur with Sleep Powder. I've tested it and it works. (And if it doesn't, I have a backup Master Ball. Darn it, I'm not gonna lose another shiny!)

In my two LGs I'm also doing double trouble for Hitmonlee, then I'm going to double trouble for Chan. Only then will I breed for Tyrouge.

Years
well no new shinys i am taking a break from shiny unown to go back to that eevee anyway i gave up on moltres as well because i wanted to beat my game and hunt for mewtwo try and sr for shiny suicune if it will work lol and hunt for shiny unown again while i catch all of them

so wish me luck

also in my sapphire i am sr kinda for shiny kyorgre but i might give up lol

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
well no new shinys i am taking a break from shiny unown to go back to that eevee anyway i gave up on moltres as well because i wanted to beat my game and hunt for mewtwo try and sr for shiny suicune if it will work lol and hunt for shiny unown again while i catch all of them

Sorry but Suicune or any of the Legendary Dogs cant be SR'd in FR/LG as their IVs, shiny value, etc, are set at the beginning of the game when you pick your starter. :( Just like the Latis in R/S/E, their values are set when you watch their TV report.

But all is not lost, as you can SR for the dogs on Pokemon Colusseum. Good luck :)

As for me, no new shinies today. Though I may forget about Miror's Dragonite and start hunting Clefairy. (I don't know why I want to, I just do.) And then there's the Hitmon hunt...

Years
Sorry but Suicune or any of the Legendary Dogs cant be SR'd in FR/LG as their IVs, shiny value, etc, are set at the beginning of the game when you pick your starter. :( Just like the Latis in R/S/E, their values are set when you watch their TV report.

But all is not lost, as you can SR for the dogs on Pokemon Colusseum. Good luck :)

but the funny thing is i dont own collusuem lol so i have no other way to get them i really need entei for my shiny fire collection also i might also try an shiny electric collection i already got two fire and electric shinys lol

Back