• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LeafGreen Team Advice?!

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2014
Ok, I usually go with a Fire, Water, Grass (Special) and Flying, Fighting, Rock (Physical) in my games but I've never played Pokemon LeafGreen. So here's my team I'm planning on getting, can you say if it's good and maybe suggest a moveset?

1. Charizard - Leftovers
- Flamethrower
- Fire Blast
- Aerial Ace
- Sunny Day

2. Blastoise - Focus Band
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Skull Bash
- Earthquake

3. Venusaur - Miracle Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Solar Beam
- Razor Leaf

4. Dodrio - Bright Powder
- Tri Attack
- Drill Peck
- Fly
- Return

5. Kabutops - King's Rock
- Surf
- Ancient Power
- Slash
- Swords Dance

6. Machamp - Shell Bell (trade from Emerald or get from Battle Tower)
- Bulk Up
- Brick Break
- Focus Punch
- Cross Chop

and that's it. tyia.

Note: Underlined = STAB

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Remove fire blast on Charizard for Rock Slide or Earthquake.
Remove Solar Beam or Razor Leaf for Sleep Powder.
Remove Focus Punch and Brick Break for Earthquake and Rock Slide

blue

gucci
Years
Machamp having a high Attack it's better to use different type moves rather than the same for three, I would replace Focus Punch with Earthquake since they both have equal power, Cross Chop kind of makes up for Focus Punch so you wouldn't be losing out on a fighting type move.
Charizard is fine, Sunny Day boosts the power of Fire type moves which would support both Flamethrower & Fire Blast.
Venusaur has pretty decent moves based on what it actuall can learn but Razor Leaf is too weak at the point you are at, I'd replace it with a stronger grass type move such as Giga Drain.
Kabutops, again no problems with the moves you have set, I would keep that the way it currently is.
Dodrio, no problems with the moves, all fairly decent power.
Blastoise could maybe do better with Earthquake replacing Skull Bash, it does decent damage but with it being a two turn move it can hinder your chances at places like the E4 etc.

Back