The PokéCommunity Forums Entertainment & Media Anime & Manga
idols!

Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Old 1 Week Ago (3:01 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
Just curious, but why do you think this is so? I've been following Aqours since the very first reveal image with Chika on the beach, and since then Ruby has always been made out to be the same type of character she is now to me. That's absolutely my opinion though, but I'm not sure why people think she was retconned. Maybe I'm missing it?
I'd have to dig out the rant on it, but I remember seeing it a while ago.

Relevant Advertising!

Old 5 Days Ago (9:51 AM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP
PokéCommunity Daily Staff

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Not sure if I followed this correctly, but I've always thought that Ruby was one of the more unique characters in Aquors; the others seemed more like cookie-cutter copies of some girls from other shows but also including the original Love Live

ORAS/XYBW
Old 5 Days Ago (10:59 AM).

I mean, they're all variations on common anime character tropes in some way (though most anime characters are). Ruby just comes off as "generic really shy and child-like girl" to a lot of people, really, which is one of the tropes used to introduce her, and that puts people off paying attention to her. First impressions are important, even in anime!

Also quirks and things she did have in official works released before the anime were re-assigned to others:

Spoiler: Warning, Love Live! Sunshine character trait spoilers

She was extremely popular back in late 2015, too. I really do think the anime tanked her character so hard, and then the skits where Ruby the character is basically dependent on Dia for everything probably don't help matters. also apparently someone asked this exact same question on the Love Live subreddit literally 20 hours ago and both the image and link are from that thread

Also ChikaRiko overshadows pretty much every other character in terms of time spent in the limelight within the anime itself, so there's that, too.
Old 5 Days Ago (11:09 AM).
PC's Dan & Phil Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hoshiko Send a message via Skype™ to hoshiko
*crashes through window*

DID SOMEONE SAY IDOLS

to be fair i've only ever seen love live! and played school idol festival, and i didn't fully finish love live bc i don't want to say goodbye to my girls.. ;o; but, i play school idol festival a lot.. i have a lot of log in exclusive ur's and a bunch of SRs from scouting, and a few SSRs. i will admit i've spent quite a bit of money on this game.. oops.

my fave idol best girl is rin hoshizora! i could relate to her not wanting to wear girly clothes a lot bc i don't either, but i also like her a lot bc she loves cats and is just so cute.. i love how she says nya so often<3 plsdontletmeknowshesallergictocatsirefusetoacknowledgethat

i do plan on finishing the love live! anime, and watching the movie and then turning to sunshine sometime though. not sure when. but eventually i will. but yes..i love idols ;3; if anyone knows of any other good idol animes with not generic characters or characters i can relate to pls let me know. i only know of love live! and idolmaster or whatever it is, and cinderella girls.

"Be unapologetic of who you are."
pronouns: they/their
tumblr [sometimes nsfw]
paired to kylebae, aka my canadian cutie
Old 5 Days Ago (11:42 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshiko View Post
*crashes through window*

DID SOMEONE SAY IDOLS

to be fair i've only ever seen love live! and played school idol festival, and i didn't fully finish love live bc i don't want to say goodbye to my girls.. ;o; but, i play school idol festival a lot.. i have a lot of log in exclusive ur's and a bunch of SRs from scouting, and a few SSRs. i will admit i've spent quite a bit of money on this game.. oops.

my fave idol best girl is rin hoshizora! i could relate to her not wanting to wear girly clothes a lot bc i don't either, but i also like her a lot bc she loves cats and is just so cute.. i love how she says nya so often<3 plsdontletmeknowshesallergictocatsirefusetoacknowledgethat

i do plan on finishing the love live! anime, and watching the movie and then turning to sunshine sometime though. not sure when. but eventually i will. but yes..i love idols ;3; if anyone knows of any other good idol animes with not generic characters or characters i can relate to pls let me know. i only know of love live! and idolmaster or whatever it is, and cinderella girls.
Miss Monochrome The Animation is actually a pretty fun parody of the genre. It takes a bit to get going, though, and it's a short that spans several seasons.
Old 5 Days Ago (12:01 PM).
Glory to Mankind.

Nature: Quiet
This thread needs more Kotori.

Why isn't there more Kotori.

I've seen the first season of Miss Monochrome...I keep meaning to watch the second and third. It was quite amusing at points, although it was pretty short...anime shorts aren't something I'm overly fond of, outside of that one with the obscenely long name about the magical girl whose costume is a swimsuit.

I also forgot to mention I've played the Project Diva Vita games and Project Mirai DX. DoReMiFa Rondo is the best song ever. I tried some other Miku songs after playing the games, and I was quite surprised that they got the best songs in the games...

...that song also prompted me to give in and try osu! for a very brief period.
And don't have any kids yourself.
Old 5 Days Ago (12:12 PM).

Because Koto is a birb and I am decidedly pro-Nico and pro-Yohane, that's why there's low Koto quantities.

Miss Monochrome completely caught me off guard, really. Wasn't expecting anything from it. I was pleasantly surprised by what it brought.

I also own Project Diva games for my PS3 but have yet to find time to play them, whoops.
Old 5 Days Ago (12:26 PM).
Glory to Mankind.

Birb is the wurb, Kotori is best girl. At least nobody here is pro Umi.

I've actually wanted to get into Aikatsu for quite a while now, but the quantity of the episodes has put me off ever doing so...same with PriPara. Cinderella Girls will likely be my next idol anime after the LL movie...going to leave Sunshine until closer to when s2 is due to air so I can go straight into it.

Idol games seem to be gaining slightly more ground in the West; we've had all the recent Miku ones and I think we're getting an idolmaster game for (sigh) PSVR, too. Well, an Asian English version, which is as good as it gets with some stuff these days.
Old 5 Days Ago (1:14 PM).
Happy party train to go!

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Vivace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyneth View Post
I've actually wanted to get into Aikatsu for quite a while now, but the quantity of the episodes has put me off ever doing so...same with PriPara.
I don't recommend Aikatsu. It's extremely repetitive. I watched all of it and it's p much the same thing over and over and over and over again. So, don't do it unless you like episodic shows.

I might watch Pretty Rhythm (except Rainbow Live, seen it) or Pripara, though.
Old 5 Days Ago (5:45 PM).
PC's Dan & Phil Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hoshiko Send a message via Skype™ to hoshiko
oooo did someone mention project diva? i did have project diva for playstation 3 but i lost it.. :c im not sure where the heck it went. i did have mirai dx for 3ds, but then i sold it after i unlocked all the songs and did them all and pretty much unlocked all the costumes and whatnot. they're cute games though and bring me back to when i was uber obsessed with vocaloids back around.. 5 or 6 years ago lol which is what my tumblr url is based off of. (a song called godslaying machine with hatsune mikus name in it. i refuse to change it bc..idk, ive had it for so long it'd feel uncomfortable to change it but yeah)

idk. project diva, good game series and i recommend it to anyone who likes vocaloids. uh..sorry if this is off topic

"Be unapologetic of who you are."
pronouns: they/their
tumblr [sometimes nsfw]
paired to kylebae, aka my canadian cutie
Old 5 Days Ago (5:53 PM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP
PokéCommunity Daily Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshiko View Post
*crashes through window*

DID SOMEONE SAY IDOLS

there's another cat girl in cinderella girls (though a bit more extreme than rin..) if you're a fan of that type of character haha please watch cinderelal girls

ORAS/XYBW
Old 4 Days Ago (4:41 AM).
Glory to Mankind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivace View Post
I don't recommend Aikatsu. It's extremely repetitive. I watched all of it and it's p much the same thing over and over and over and over again. So, don't do it unless you like episodic shows.

I might watch Pretty Rhythm (except Rainbow Live, seen it) or Pripara, though.
Is that so? In that case, I'll keep away from it until I'm a little more...invested in idols, shall we say. I'm still fairly new to the genre - I played Project Diva years ago, but it was for the gameplay/songs and not the idols - so it'd probably drive me away, haha. That CGI, too...I loathe notable CGI in anime.

The designs for idols in general are all very cute, though. The songs are hit-and-miss for me, but I love some of the costumes the girls have. The magical girl fan in me delights in the variety. Plus the fluff. There aren't enough cute girls doing cute things shows anymore.

...as a side note, any praise I have for idols in general excludes Umi. Umi deserves no praise.
Old 4 Days Ago (10:50 AM).
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
At least nobody here is pro Umi.
I was waiting for this!
Umi best girl, UmiKoto OTP

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old 4 Days Ago (10:52 AM).
Glory to Mankind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoshi Ookami View Post
I was waiting for this!
Umi best girl, UmiKoto OTP
...see, the thing with you is that I seriously can't tell anymore if you're joking or if you're just winding me up because you love to wind me up. xD
Old 3 Days Ago (11:54 AM).
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
...see, the thing with you is that I seriously can't tell anymore if you're joking or if you're just winding me up because you love to wind me up. xD
Aaaaand...
Number 3 is actually correct. =D
I was serious.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old 3 Days Ago (5:07 PM).
Happy party train to go!

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Vivace
Hey, guys, a new idol game (males) called Tsukino Paradise has come out today. Is anyone here playing it, besides me? It's kind of buggy right now, though. :|

....Design wise, I think I prefer Muse so far, in terms of Love Live, anyway.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links