• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
well i'm sort of new to forums in general so... how exactly do you join clubs?

Heey welcome! :3 You can join clubs by heading over to either Pokemon Clubs or Other Clubs (the section for all non-Pokemon clubs) and find one you'd like to join. Then just fill out the join form that's written in the first post to join and add something to contribute to the discussion. It's pretty easy, just make sure you don't only post a sign-up post since club posts should also contribute to the topics. :3

Have fun and enjoy your stay! <3 You can always contact me if you need more help.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
Hello everyone!

My name is TheRaven, but you guys are welcome to just call me Raven :3

I'm a fairly new member of the PC, I joined on the 11th, but I haven't really been active until the last couple of days. My specialty, will hopefully become scripting, but I need help. My knowledge is very basic at the moment. I was hoping that someone here in the thread would kind of take me under their wing and help me become better at scripting. I'm not looking for a scriptor, I don't want pre-made scripts or anything like that. I just want to learn more about it and make my own scripts when the time comes for me to either start working on my own hack, or join a team and assist in making a hack.

If this interests you, and you wouldn't mind helping me, please Private Message me so we can get started. I will be on through the week after school, and the weekends are a given unless I notify you otherwise. My Christmas break is coming up on Wednesday, and I will be very active for about 2 weeks, most likely on every day.

Just a little about myself:
My favorite Pokemon are Umbreon and Cyndaquil.
Umbreon has always appealed to me, especially since it was a bit of a challenge to obtain one.
Cyndaquil has been one of my favorite starters for who knows how long, he is a cute little guy in my opinion.
I love music, I wouldn't be able to live without it. Electronic and House are my favorite genres at the moment. Deadmau5, Zedd, and Excision are probably my top artists at the moment.
I'm very easy to get along with and I love meeting new people. Joining this Forum kind of supports that.

I apologize for the long and rambling post. Thanks to anyone that had the time to read the entire thing, it means a lot.

Hopefully I will talk to some of you soon, for the others, I hope you guys enjoy your time in the PokeCommunity!

~Raven
I think it was a good decision for you to make a longer intro here since the one you placed in your intro thread was a bit short. This one certainly had more substance. And I like it a lot! Umbreon is a cool 'mon, even though I like Espeon way better. I've not been a fan of Cyndaquil so I can't relate, but I think I feel the same way with Squirtle that you do with Cyndaquil! I also love music, but completely different genres from yours. Still, a passion for music is what it is, and there's no reason to look at it differently. I try to be unobtrusive and easygoing online, too (irl I'm probably considered antisocial, haha) because I actually love meeting new people as well. So yeah, I think you've got some great interests! ;D

However, it's hard to get the attention of people you're looking for here at the New Users' Hangout (I assume you're looking for seasoned ROM hackers that have free time in their hands to help you in learning more about scripting). You could always teach yourself through the various resources available in the Emulation section, but even I think that's too tedious. I think the best way to go with this is to maybe look at a few team threads or hacks showcase threads and try to spot a good member that can teach you. A mentor from the Adoption Center would only encompass stuff relating to the sections themselves, and not on the art of scripting or hacking per se. You have to reach out. And be patient, too. I wish I could help you more, but this is all I could advise you. I could only wish you luck on your future endeavors. But I really hope that I'll hear you going big time as a ROM hacker in the future, with a HotM or two under your belt (that you've worked on as a scripter or hacking team member, at the very least)!

Still, I sincerely hope you'll enjoy PC to its fullest, Raven. Good luck! And never give up.

Ok, i've been a member for about a week now, this is a wonderful site. For everyone i've meet so far thank you for the warm welcome, i think i've been on everyday so far since i joined :laugh: As for those i have not meet welcome & hope to see you around. I hope you are having as much of a good time as i have. Even with the limits of my Dsi everything is good. I will soon have a 3Ds which i hope makes things a little more easy for me :) Thanks again eveyone :)
A late welcome to the forums! I saw you greet Kimiko back in her thread and I thought you were really friendly and welcoming. :) I'm just glad that you're enjoying this site so much. I mean even I haven't been that active back when I joined PC! Your hopes actually inspire me to be more fun-loving and laid-back, because I know attitude really changes how this site feels sometimes, so I thank you for that. Continue what you're doing because it is wonderful. So yeah, I hope to see you around! :D

Cid

Years
Hi im PokeBunny and I love making Pokemon games.
Hey there, PokeBunny! I also enjoyed making my own games (but I did it through ROM hacking in my early PC days, I assume from your signature that you use other means, like Game Maker or something). So yeah, I know the feeling. It's just really enticing to have the ability to channel your own imaginative ideas into an actual playable game, don't you think? ;D

I noticed you posted mostly in Emulation though, so if you aren't using stuff like Game Maker to make the Pokémon games from scratch, then I suppose I was wrong in my initial assumption. Nevertheless, whatever method works! If you haven't visited the Game Development section of Creative Discussions, you might want to check it out (the Game Maker method might seem preferable for some), because for some reason your signature makes me want to say that. However if you actually ROM hack then don't mix the Game Development section up with the Emulation section, okay? It will do you good to stick with the section apt to your style of game making.

But yeah, I noticed that you recently came back from a quick leave. I hope you'll be sticking around this time! I'm sure you've been missed. Yes, welcome back! :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
hey everyone I'm kieran and a huge fan of the metal series ( gold, silver and crystal) but I also love the latest series too! so people who have questions on my favourite series hit me up!

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome aboard Kieran! I love the Metal series too :D It's the Pokemon game series that I grew up with and loved when I was just a little girl. <3 Fortunately, we have a section dedicated just for that. :)

What is it that you love the most about the games? Have fun and see ya around! :)

Brizz

TM87
Years
Another new guy here. I'm also known as Larry on Serebii and CodyFTW on Ever Grande City.

I plan on hanging around the games section for the most part but I'm also liking the Entertainment section you got here. Plenty of music related topics :)

Years
Another new guy here. I'm also known as Larry on Serebii and CodyFTW on Ever Grande City.

I plan on hanging around the games section for the most part but I'm also liking the Entertainment section you got here. Plenty of music related topics :)

Hello Cody, and nice to see you here.

I'm the same Hikari10 from Ever Grande if you're wondering who I am. Have fun here, okay?

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
I am absolutely new here, in every sense of the word.
But I adore chatting with others, so please feel free to say "hello!" whenever you'd like :) .

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
thanks leaf storm my favourite part is the story and all the lore behind ho-oh and Lugia and the three dogs aswell it's by far the beat written story! what about you? whats your favourite part!

Years
thanks leaf storm my favourite part is the story and all the lore behind ho-oh and Lugia and the three dogs aswell it's by far the beat written story! what about you? whats your favourite part!

Hi Kieran, and welcome to PC!

My name's Nichole, feel free to ask me anything!

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
hey nichole thanks so is their a thread for fan made games? because I'm currently working on one :D

Years
hey nichole thanks so is their a thread for fan made games? because I'm currently working on one :D

Yes we do. They are Emulation and Game Development.

Emulation focuses on hacks, while Game Development is for games made with stuff like Game Maker. Just remember to read their rules before posting.

Have fun over there, all right?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Mine would be... oh! I love everything about the games, I can't seem to choose what I like!

BUT IF I HAVE TO...It'll have to be finding Lugia before encountering it. I love traveling through the waterfalls and the mystery caves, even though it's a maze I tried getting through for days. xD

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'm new to this forum. I'm now working on a new Pokemon game and i don't know how to put spoilers.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
spoiler tags are easy!

the code is
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back