• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
For many type combo give a lot of weaknesses but we saw with some abilities that some of them can be gone, just look at Eelektross he have no weaknesses because of Levitate, since it give him immunity to his only weakness. This could help for some combo who have 7 weaknesses ( Ice/Grass, Psychic/Grass, Psychic/Rock ).

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Seems like a nice concept, hopefully it won't be too overpowered or anything like that. x_x; Though I am quite supportive of pairing Normal with other types for quite the unique typing, like Normal/Grass, Normal/Fire, things like that. Kind of surprised at how GF doesn't really diversify the Normal-type much. .__.

Deerling and Sawsbuck are Normal/Grass...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Thus far Normal has been paired with Psychic, Flying (the most common), Grass, and Water... that's only four types, or five if one counts Fighting (Meloetta's other forme)...yup it could use some more diversity.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
The legendary Pokemon from Pokemon Diamond, Dialga, has the unique Steel/Dragon typing.

Although I am assuming that you were talking about wanting a non-legendary Steel/Dragon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If anything, I think normal/ground would be the worst typing, purely because Fighting-type weak :( Soo if there's a new normal/ground Pokemon I'd probably not use it. Hopefully there's better normal/something-else mons.

Years
Flying/Fighting is one of the combinations we really need.
EDIT: It should be a special attacker for highly damaging aura sphere/focus blast/Air slash/... :D

Guy

just a guy
Years
A Normal/Ground seems rather bland in my opinion. A Normal/Ghost, however...

Flying/Fighting has been long overdue ever since Staraptor should have obtained that typing back in Gen IV. I'd like to finally see it happen this time around with a new Pokémon.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
Years
I had a strange dream last night. I was dreaming of pokemon x and y (who wouldn't) and I saw Rehishim with three bars over it head. One said dragon, one said fire and the last one said Attack. I also saw a Lucario with its back to me, again with three bars over it head. I knew one said steel and the other fighting but again it had a strange one saying SpAttack.

I don't know if it was sub-consious thoughts or wishes. The chance of that happening would be zero.

I would also like to see another physic and fighting type (as long as it doesn't look muscular).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
idk, I'd imagine it as being kind of like Kingdra in design though, so kind of like a sea fish, but dragon-y, and found in swamps? I mean it doesn't have to be water to be found in swamps :x

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
What I want in Gen VI is a Water/Electric Pokemon. The only one that's been released is Chinchou/Lanturn, and I think that was really underdone. I see Water/Electric as the perfect opportunity for a storm-like pokemon, unrelative to Thundurus/Tornadus. It's kind of hard to imagine a poke like this without making it seem like a flying type, but I feel its just something to think about.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I should mention on whether or not Dugtrio should get an evolution, so it'll look more creative than just three Digletts much like what they did with Magneton, but it's been pretty-well stated that the Diglett line are only native to the Kanto region, not counting the Sinnoh region of course.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I should mention on whether or not Dugtrio should get an evolution, so it'll look more creative than just three Digletts much like what they did with Magneton, but it's been pretty-well stated that the Diglett line are only native to the Kanto region, not counting the Sinnoh region of course.

Well Sinnoh can be close of Kanto.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
What I want in Gen VI is a Water/Electric Pokemon. The only one that's been released is Chinchou/Lanturn, and I think that was really underdone. I see Water/Electric as the perfect opportunity for a storm-like pokemon, unrelative to Thundurus/Tornadus. It's kind of hard to imagine a poke like this without making it seem like a flying type, but I feel its just something to think about.
Rotom-W is Electric/Water as well.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd be all for another Water/Electric. Although Lanturn is one of my favorites, I'd like to see the type combination be utilized more!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
A shrimp would be a perfect fit for another Water/Electric type, since I can easily imagine its antennas spark electricity.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I agree with Ice/Electric.~
The potential there for awesome mons is very clear, especially if it's high speed like I'd expect.

Back