• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Humanz - Gorillaz, out April 28th

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
After we thought Damon Albarn was done, Gorillaz have announced a new album, Humanz, set to release April 28th. This is the first full-length original album since The Fall in 2011. As a huge fan of the Gorillaz since Demon Days, I am super excited!

They released four tracks to build hype for it. Here they are on YouTube:

Spoiler:

What do you think of the tracks? So far, I like Andromeda. The other three have not really caught my ear. But, Plastic Beach took a while for me to love so maybe it'll be the same case with Humanz.

Years
I like all the new tracks although Saturnz Barz is my favourite. I'm looking forward to seeing where they take the rest of the album.

Years
I feel it's been forever since a new Gorillaz album came out. I need to hear the new tracks soon, but I'm so happy this album is coming out much sooner than I expected.

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
I LOVE THEM ALL SO MUCH POPCAAN GOAT FROM JAMAICA RN AND VINCE KILLED HIS VERSES DRAMS VOICE SOOTHES MY SOUL AND WE GOT THE POWER IS OK I GUESS IM SO HYPED FOR HUMANZ AND I CANT WAIT FOR KALI UCHIS TO TAKE ME TO CHURCH

Bay

Years
Like marz, I'm not totally wild on the tracks just yet, though I'm starting to warm up to Saturnz Barz after a few listens. Looking forward to more of their tracks soon, though.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Gorillaz have always been a weird band for me. I never like their music at first then for some reason give it repeated listens anyway and then I love it. I hope that'll be the same situation here; I wasn't impressed by what I just heard at all but maybe that'll improve over time. I'll get the whole album when it's released regardless. We Got The Power was comically bad, though - I thought that the start of it was only gonna be one of those clips people sometimes put at the start of songs before the real song kicks in but nope. Entire song. It was really just that bad.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Usually the Gorillaz is very hit-and-miss with their music, but I'm very much enjoying their sound for this album. In my opinion, it's much better than Plastic Beach so far. I'd really like to listen to the whole album when I can. Probably the most hyped I've been about a Gorillax album in awhile.

Murassa

will o' the whispers
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 17, 2017
I always enjoy Gorillaz for the oddball collaborations and unique sounds; it took me several listens to warm up to Demon Days and Plastic Beach, but when I became accustomed to them, they remained staples of my music library for literal years.

With that said, I'm weirdly obsessed with "We Got the Power". It's a cheesy upbeat song, but damnit it just feels amazingly good.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
I am very, very tentatively excited for this. I used to really like Demon Days years ago; probably haven't heard a track from it in 3 years or so but I think "Dare" was featured in a dream of mine a few nights ago, which is weird. my point is I don't have high hopes for this new one but I'm curious.

User19sq

The release date is so close, I can almost taste it.

TMg1suY.gif

I've loved Gorillaz for years! (Hell, the character in my avi's last name is "Albarn"!) Damon said that this whole album will be the pop-iest so far, and it sounds like he meant it! Keep in mind that these tracks can still change before release, like Stylo/To Binge and Electric Shock did.

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
4EgEAO0.png

Edit - Bloody disappointing. Only 2 good tracks on the entire album.

im probably going to like it as i liked all the tracks so far except we got the power lol. how does it compare to those?

im not going to listen to the leak yet though. ill post a more formal opinion the 28th

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I haven't listened yet, mostly because I like to listen to albums as a whole and see how it goes together. But I'm definitely looking forward to it and I'll come back to this thread to give my thoughts after I've given it a few listens.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
So, what does everyone think? I'm pretty disappointed. I'm not a huge fan of rap, but I was able to look past that for Plastic Beach. Not the case for Humanz. I think it fell quite short. :\ Maybe I was expecting too much since it's been so long. The only song I really liked was We Got The Power.

Years
I think Ascension, Submission, Busted and Blue & Let Me Out were the highlights of the album for me. The album was disappointing for me on first listen, I suppose some songs may grow on me, but there are a few horrible tracks on here like We Got The Power.

marcc5m

what
Years
Seems like a lot of people didn't like We Got The Power. I loved it, one of my fav songs on there.

Wasn't a huge fan of the album as a whole but after a few listens I'm enjoying it more and more. Still not sold on Charger, though it does get better towards the end.

Back