• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
There's a problem with the time. So I started my time at 7:09, and after an hour, it still says that. The time hasn't changed.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
There's a problem with the time. So I started my time at 7:09, and after an hour, it still says that. The time hasn't changed.
Did you get a message before the New Game screen popped up? It would have told you something wasn't installed. I checked and found that my Real Time Clock wasn't turned on. I had to check it then close the emulator (loading another game and returning did nothing) then try again before I could activate the clock feature, removing the message.

Cyclone

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Did you get a message before the New Game screen popped up? It would have told you something wasn't installed. I checked and found that my Real Time Clock wasn't turned on. I had to check it then close the emulator (loading another game and returning did nothing) then try again before I could activate the clock feature, removing the message.

Cyclone

Oh yes, I did, due to that I had to change the emulator. Plus, about the Odd Egg, it can either be Magby, Elekid, or Smoochum? And I can't find Wooper anywhere, I checked Route 32 and Union Cave, it's not there. It's Night in my game.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Also, per the comment about a Lv.50 Mewtwo earlier, I grinded on Route 29 for a while and never came across it. Must be a glitch with a previous game that was running or something.

And yes, looking very much like Crystal right now. I'm currently loitering about outside of Violet City training while constantly having Nurse Joy talk about how I'm out late. LATE? ME? BAH!

;)

Cyclone
I don't believe you're going to find the Mewtwo, as it was probably a one-time glitch.

Cyclone
Thanks for helping out.
Oh yes, I did, due to that I had to change the emulator. Plus, about the Odd Egg, it can either be Magby, Elekid, or Smoochum? And I can't find Wooper anywhere, I checked Route 32 and Union Cave, it's not there. It's Night in my game.
Sorry, but wild Pokémon don't change depending on the time of day yet. Also, the Odd Egg works the same way it does in Japanese Crystal; read up on that if you want to know more.
Werid i got a whooper! REAL EASY
Could you help Volcanix out by telling him where you found Wooper?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Hmm... no one's encountered the rival bug? Odd. I'll try recreating it, I know that I've got the latest version of Crystaldust running and that my emulator's working properly. Could be just a one time random SNAFU. Only thing weird that I can think of that I did, was contact the guy who gives you a map card and take the tour after I get the phonecall from Elm.

EDIT 1: did it exactly as before, same black screen. Happens without fail.
EDIT 2: talked to the guy and got the map card before going to Mr. Pokemon's house. It's definitely not those two events, because the black screen happens without fail there too. This is really weird. I'll try going from a fresh start, and with a new ROM.
EDIT 3: I guess it just screwed up during the patching process before, or something. Works fine now. Sorry for troubling you with this.

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
We have the same Rocket Admin sprites, haha.
I'm impressed by the hack however. Emerald isn't an easy ROM to hack, I'll look forward to playing this one. Kudos.

Sierraffinity

Years
Hmm... no one's encountered the rival bug? Odd. I'll try recreating it, I know that I've got the latest version of Crystaldust running and that my emulator's working properly. Could be just a one time random SNAFU. Only thing weird that I can think of that I did, was contact the guy who gives you a map card and take the tour after I get the phonecall from Elm.

EDIT 1: did it exactly as before, same black screen. Happens without fail.
EDIT 2: talked to the guy and got the map card before going to Mr. Pokemon's house. It's definitely not those two events, because the black screen happens without fail there too. This is really weird. I'll try going from a fresh start, and with a new ROM.
EDIT 3: I guess it just screwed up during the patching process before, or something. Works fine now. Sorry for troubling you with this.
Glad to see you could sort it out.
We have the same Rocket Admin sprites, haha.
I'm impressed by the hack however. Emerald isn't an easy ROM to hack, I'll look forward to playing this one. Kudos.
Thanks for the comment!

Well guys, Hack of the Quarter is still going on and CrystalDust is losing by almost ten votes. If you like CrystalDust, go vote now!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285694

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I also am looking forward to the new beta, but I know he's also working on Shining Opal concurrently, so I suspect with this new beta out recently that the next beta for Shining Opal is more likely to come before the next one for this. But he knows better what he's doing, so I'll let him address that. :)

Cyclone

Sierraffinity

Years
My vote for Pokemon CrystalDust... Come on guys we need more votes...
Yeah, we need as much votes as we can get.
I did vote for Crystal Dust! :D

I wonder... do you have an aprox. date to release the Beta 3?

I'm not rushing you, I'm just curious. :3
No, I never have approximate release dates for betas.
I also am looking forward to the new beta, but I know he's also working on Shining Opal concurrently, so I suspect with this new beta out recently that the next beta for Shining Opal is more likely to come before the next one for this. But he knows better what he's doing, so I'll let him address that. :)

Cyclone
That's incorrect, I'm not working on them concurrently. I work on one, release it, then work on the other. Please stop answering for me.

CrystalDust has fallen behind again in HotQ. It's at least 20 votes behind Snakewood and one behind Dark Future. We want CrystalDust to win, so go and help by voting here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285694

Years
Hey dude thank you for this mod, its my fav remake of gen2 so far i like that u updated the graphics sounds features and pokemon and made it like the vanilla crystal but i think some extra battles rivals and maps will make it better.
anyway i like the pokegear and day night system i made it up to ruins of alph with beta 2 and i have some questions
1. Will u make a puzzle for the ruins lol
2. Does pokemom that appear in the night and other in day system works?
3. is there a weather system in this mod like in liquid crystal or there will be snow and rain in certain maps and/if u planning to make this for later
4. can we make bases like in emerald, dive under water and does headbutt works like in crystal
5. mom doesnt save money anymore will u change this
6. where does beta 2 ends and can u tell the status of the upcoming beta will u release it soon
7. does pokemon from gen3 exist and can we catch all pokemon and legenderies will have their own made up areas where we can find them?
8. will u add new maps
9. does pokegear work like in crystal will random trainers call me and tell stuff like they did in crystal
Thats it all lol good job with the mod i hope new beta comes out soon i will go vote for crystal dust now :d

Sierraffinity

Years
Very nice hack :P will be trying this out soon!
Thanks! I hope you enjoy the game!
Hey dude thank you for this mod, its my fav remake of gen2 so far i like that u updated the graphics sounds features and pokemon and made it like the vanilla crystal but i think some extra battles rivals and maps will make it better.
anyway i like the pokegear and day night system i made it up to ruins of alph with beta 2 and i have some questions
1. Will u make a puzzle for the ruins lol I'm hoping that I can get this working for Beta 3.
2. Does pokemom that appear in the night and other in day system works? Not yet, it's something else I want in for Beta 3.
3. is there a weather system in this mod like in liquid crystal or there will be snow and rain in certain maps and/if u planning to make this for later Weather may be used in future maps, such as on the Sevii Islands.
4. can we make bases like in emerald, dive under water and does headbutt works like in crystal Maybe in the future, definitely in the future, pretty much.
5. mom doesnt save money anymore will u change this I'm hoping to have this in for Beta 3.
6. where does beta 2 ends and can u tell the status of the upcoming beta will u release it soon Beta 2 ends after the Johto quest (aka after you get into the Hall of Fame). Beta 3 will be worked on after the next beta of my other game, Shining Opal, is released.
7. does pokemon from gen3 exist and can we catch all pokemon and legenderies will have their own made up areas where we can find them? Pokémon from gen 3 will be available in the wild on the Sevii Islands. Legendaries will have their own plotlines in the future.
8. will u add new maps Yes.
9. does pokegear work like in crystal will random trainers call me and tell stuff like they did in crystal Not at the moment, but this is planned.
Thats it all lol good job with the mod i hope new beta comes out soon i will go vote for crystal dust now :d
Responses above in bold.
SAme here it looks really interesting.
Thanks!

Years
btw i tested with gameboid i hope that there wwnt be any bugs on it that the vba m doesnt havey

nice thnx for the fast reply will there be a gs ball event for celebi.
btw good work with the video in the start of the hack :d

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
ElitePokes, items 1, 4, and 9 are things I wondered and I also brought those up.

I was not familiar with the Ruins puzzles (I don't recall if I tried them on the ROM as the story went away from there and I quit before going back, so I never had an Unown either but will make sure to in SS when I play), so I actually asked how they were supposed to work. I am familiar with this, so maybe someday it will match this as closely as possible; I hope identically, but we'll see. :)

The trainers in the Match Call...yeah, weird Route numbers were listed. I was confused. I hope those get working, and if they can't, I'm sure the feature is easy to pull by removing all scripts related to it (and in fact never GIVING it to the player). I think the complication is that it's hard-coded to Emerald's Route system.

I discovered while researching the Sevii Islands two beta maps that never got used in the official game; I'm dearly hoping those get turned into something useful. My hope is at least one legendary plot line, but it's his call on that. Using those two additional maps increases the use of third-gen Pokémon however, especially in the water...maybe the strongest ones can go in those two unknown areas and they only get added to the map upon being visited (like Rebirth Island...speaking of which, that item would need to be obtained somehow somewhere since we can't collect event items unlocking the areas, but I'm sure that's covered in the plans).

I don't get the point of Mom saving money. After all, it reduces what you have on hand and limits your abilities. I don't get why that was a feature at all in any official game. Does it earn interest?

I think the reason the game didn't do well in the vote (way behind in third right now, go vote for it if you still can) is because it's virtually identical to Crystal, which is a shame...I like the fact it maintains that simplicity, and the fact that it was done on the Emerald platform is a remarkable achievement. I can tell you it's harder to do a remake than it is to do any other type of hack, specifically because you have to match exactly what is shown in the other game, no deviations. Of course, what you add on top of the basic story can be what makes the hack unique, such as a weird cave that shows up later in the game on, say, Route 34 that wasn't there before (something clearly blows a hole in a wall to cause this), or word of a cave on a new map connected to an original one at an appropriate spot (say at the top of a waterfall) that could lead to something new, or even connect to another new region with third-gen. Pokémon. The options for adding on to a remake like this are limitless, and I am sure there are a lot of things diego wants to try once the rest of the game is working. For now, I won't keep going into random ideas since there's no point right now. :)

Cyclone

Years
what i like in this hack is.that it feels that there was a lot of work put to it there are so many things that are unique in this remake that make it my future game that i will finish
liquid crystal is good and its a remake like firered was to red and blue with more new events and stuff but even beta 3.2 got many things that i hate like theres no pokegear some npcs have wrong sprites and stuff but things like extra events weather system and ruins of alph that i do like and crystal dust is missing
i wish they would unite the projects and make a perfect remake lol

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
i wish they would unite the projects and make a perfect remake lol
We can always wish, yes? LMAO Maybe once both projects are done Liquid Crystal could be imported into another version of CrystalDust or something...but that would be WAAAAY down the road and I'm fairly sure how diego would feel about that, I think. Unless LC people approach him and they do something from there, I will assume that is NOT happening. ;)

Cyclone

Back