• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Overheat_IV.png

^you

Chill.

1. Its not us on this website which bans stuff. If we want a say in the bans we will ladder on SMOGON to get our say on the bans.
2. Read moar carefully. Drizzle and Swift Swim are banned on the same team. This means you can use one or the other. Please say where i said Gorebyss was banned. Oh wait you cant.
3. Stop moaning about bans. It takes long gruelling tests and you NEED to qualify to vote on Smogon. Do you think they are decided on a whim ? No. It takes time and ALOT of testing. I got to #1 on the PO ladder and i damn well deserve to vote on what i feel is broken. I know alot of other people feel this way. I know what im talking about and so do the other people who are able to vote. They dont let morons who dont know anything vote i hope you realize this, you have to get to 1450 at least on the ladder if you want your say, otherwise sorry to say your opinions dont really matter.
4. Things are banned because they are TOO good for OU. Dont you think if everyone says a certain Pokemon is broken, you know SOMETHING MIGHT BE UP WITH THE POKEMON IN QUESTION ? This is where voting comes in to make it fair. -_-
5. "Good luck with that because every competitive site follows these rules". Imagine that!

So can we move on now ? Yes ? Cool. :)

Yeah, and where does Smogon get it's authority? Are they the game creators?
I'm pretty sure last time I checked, I can just go on to the online play for Pokemon battling and just play whatever I want.

Hey wanna see something amazing?
I'm going to play Swift Swim Gorebyss with Drizzle Politoed.
What can you do about it, nothing. So bite me.
Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Snaggle P., if you are against competitive battling, don't post. This thread is for battling help, not arguing whether Smogon is right or wrong. You have been bringing nothing but flame wars to this forum. Anyone who continues this poppycock will be infracted.

Years
You should try Speed Boost Sharpedo, it brings a strong offensive presence and takes down annoying threats like Choice Scarf Victini and Slowbro, and obviously can outspeed most of the tier with its ability speed boost.

Sharpedo @ Life orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Also, use I think you should use Durant over Heracross, durant is so much more of a boss and is an absolutely amazing sweeper with great physical bulk. B)

Durant @ Leftovers
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Jolly Nature
Trait: Hustle
-Substitute/Return
-Hone Claws
-X-Scissor
-Stone Edge

This thing is a beast, it has an amazing speed tier, a sweeping move that suits it very well, making up for the accuracy lost from Hustle, while Hone Claws boosts the already huge attack Hustle gives it.
I'll consider the sharpedo, but i use heracross for a revenge kill/2hko eviolite chansey.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Charizard's Messed Up EVs

So here's the case. I had a charizard before and that was when I had no idea about EVs. After learning about the EVs and how to train, I look to my charizard's EV and they are all miserable! High Defense, low spA and speed, just horrible. So I use the EV reducing berries to totally reduce his attack, HP, and Defenses. Then I EV Trained him @ lvl 90 and he achieved the EVs I wanted at level 90 still. So I check out his stat and they still seem...weak!

I am not sure but when I compared it to how Supposed-to-be stat, it was low, it is as if the EVs didn't have their effect. I tried leveling him up but his stats add +3 to his spA and Speed only. I remember when I EV trained other Pokemons I use to get more than +10 in some cases. To let you analyze and correct me as well, I leave you with my Charizard's EV, IVs, And Stats+ his lvl:

Charizard @92 (Brave Nature; +Atk -Spd)

HP: 270 (0 EV)
Attack: 216 (45 EV)
Defense: 153 (6 EV)
Sp Attack: 281 (252 EV)
Sp Defense: 164 (0 EV)
Speed: 237 (207 EV)

So are these values correct? There wasn't a dramatic difference if you ask me :/ I could have made a mistake but....anyway I will leave it to you.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
How come we're letting people put up silly RMT's with no explanation at all and just a team log etc?

Anti

return of the king
Years
How come we're letting people put up silly RMT's with no explanation at all and just a team log etc?

First of all, this isn't the right thread. I guess this would be the best place, but here certainly isn't it.

I'll just answer your question now though. Unless you're a veteran of PC/competitive battling, you probably aren't aware of the conventions of posting an RMT. Honestly, those have gotten out of control anyway...there is way too much emphasis on making it pretty and presentable when really they're just there for help. Descriptions help, but as the rules say, it's really not the end of the world if they're not there, especially when a lot of people (not just newbies) just can't think of what to say. In the past, being RMT quality Nazis never did us any good. It just made people want to avoid posting at all.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
So here's the case. I had a charizard before and that was when I had no idea about EVs. After learning about the EVs and how to train, I look to my charizard's EV and they are all miserable! High Defense, low spA and speed, just horrible. So I use the EV reducing berries to totally reduce his attack, HP, and Defenses. Then I EV Trained him @ lvl 90 and he achieved the EVs I wanted at level 90 still. So I check out his stat and they still seem...weak!

I am not sure but when I compared it to how Supposed-to-be stat, it was low, it is as if the EVs didn't have their effect. I tried leveling him up but his stats add +3 to his spA and Speed only. I remember when I EV trained other Pokemons I use to get more than +10 in some cases. To let you analyze and correct me as well, I leave you with my Charizard's EV, IVs, And Stats+ his lvl:

Charizard @92 (Brave Nature; +Atk -Spd)

HP: 270 (0 EV)
Attack: 216 (45 EV)
Defense: 153 (6 EV)
Sp Attack: 281 (252 EV)
Sp Defense: 164 (0 EV)
Speed: 237 (207 EV)

So are these values correct? There wasn't a dramatic difference if you ask me :/ I could have made a mistake but....anyway I will leave it to you.

Well first of all, the nature plays a big part in the total of stats. Since yours is Brave your speed will obviously be lowered and your attack will be higher. Iv's will also be higher. When at level 100 they'll add 31 extra stat points onto whatever stat has 31 Iv' in it. Of course, whatever your IV it'll add what number your Iv is at. Maybe try and check your Iv's, too.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years

Well first of all, the nature plays a big part in the total of stats. Since yours is Brave your speed will obviously be lowered and your attack will be higher. Iv's will also be higher. When at level 100 they'll add 31 extra stat points onto whatever stat has 31 Iv' in it. Of course, whatever your IV it'll add what number your Iv is at. Maybe try and check your Iv's, too.

Oops..forgot to post IVs sorry.
Attack: 30 (Weee...lucky me -_-)
Defense: 4
Sp.Attack: 19 x(
Sp.Defense: 3
Speed: 31

I do believe Nature gives a great boost as I've witnessed it myself, but when I compared my Charizard with the Stats I saw in Bulbapedeia...it didn't seem right. Please correct me if I am wrong I might be calculating wrong. I am really hesitant in enrolling it online so I need someone to confirm whether what I said is true or not. Thanks...

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
Need help with a late game Lapras movement for Gen V

[SIZE="a"]My team right now consist of this
Lead: Miltank
Physical Wall: Cofagrigus
Special Wall: Musharna
Physical Sweeper: Sceptile
Special Sweeper: Houndoom

Lapras is one of my favorite pokemon and I haven't used it since my red version and I've decided to bring back I'm board, but I'm stuck on what moves to give it. It's going to be my late game sweeper and I'm stuck between running a curse set or a dragon dance set. Here's what I've come up with.

Curse
Lapras@Leftovers
Ability- Shell Armor
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Avalanche
This set is more bulk then brute force so it will be harder to take her out while dealing massive damage from STAB avalanche. Sleep Talk will either grant me another Curse boost, which would be nice, or an Avalanche. I chose Avalanche over I've Shard because it will always be attacking second giving me a nearly always doubled avalanche attack.

Dragon Dance
Lapras@Leftovers
Ability- water absorb
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
This set is simple, sub up (sub above 101), dragon dance twice, maybe three times, attack with STAB waterfall or STAB ice beam. I chose ice beam over ice Shard because I believe ice beam is still a more powerfully STAB even after a x2 attack boost but I'm not sure. Ice beam also allows me to hit any possible remaining physically defensive pokemon with a powerful STAB special attack.

So what do you guys think? I'm set on using Lapras, I just need some advice. Is love some constructive criticism and I'd welcome any other Lapras recommendations you have.[/SIZE]

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
Years

Hey, you should post this team as an RMT with all completed sets :P

Gonna add this as a better dragon dancer:

131.png

Lapras @ Life Orb
Trait: Water Absorb
Evs: 252 Atk / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA) / Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Return
- Toxic / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fire

In the rain this Lapras can cause real havoc. Dragon dance up, then unleash Waterfall and Return, which have perfect coverage outside of Jellicent and Ferrothorn in OU.

Or you have this:

131.png

Lapras @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Trait: Water Absorb
Evs: 252 Hp / 200 SpA / 56 SpD
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rest / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Fighting

A special attacking bulky Lapras, if you want all out offensive change EVs to 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe with a Timid Nature, and obviously use Life Orb. Also over Rest you could try Hidden Power Fire if you aren't in the rain or Hidden Power Fighting if you are, either will hit Ferrothorn for Super effective as well as being able to kill other assumed checks that may come in, fire is probably best for this.

I hope these sets helped you :3
~Lionrt60

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hi there! Welcome to the CBC! :3

Lapras is best used on Rain Teams, in all honesty. So I encourage you to post an entire RMT so the raters here can give you a thorough rate regarding your entire team. Anyway, I'm going to give you my preferred Lapras set.

Lapras
@ Leftovers / Life Orb
Hydration
252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 Special Defense
Careful
- Curse
- Rest
- Waterfall
- Toxic / Ice Shard

If you're not going to use Dragon Dance than I highly suggest giving Lapras Ice Shard to make up for the hit in Speed. After a few Curse boosts, Lapras becomes very difficult to take out, and has such reigned as a bulky sweeper in the lower tiers. Dragon Dance is extremely viable, especially with the ever devastating BoltBeam combo. However, I prefer the Curse set simply because it has more utility and there are better sweepers out there. Since Lapras doesn't exactly have the best physical move pool out there, Return can be used to hit Gyarados and Rotom-W, both of whom resists Waterfall. Bulldoze can be used to hit Empoleon, but has little usage beyond that. So STAB Waterfall and STAB Ice Shard are your best offensive tactics. EVs maximize Lapras' special bulk giving it a healthy defensive core.

And that's all I got! Good luck with your team!

Years
  • US
  • Seen Sep 28, 2011
My Serperior

Need some advice for my serperior..Im not really diggin his atks.

-wring out
-leaf blade
-grass pledge
-giga drain

what does the pc recommend?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Quick question,
Does the ability "Defiant" combo with Curse Passing/Smash Passing?

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
Years
Fourth move for rotom-w in white?

I have looked online, but most movesets require me to have had a 4th gen game to teach him a move. His current moveset:

Eeks(yes, the in-game one) w/ leftovers
Gentle nature
1: Hydro pump(duh)
2: Thunderbolt
3: Will-O-Wisp
4: Volt switch(going to be replaced unless convinced otherwise XD)

His standard set, but since I couldnt put the 4th move, I put volt switch in its place.
I will accept any EASY suggestions(by that, I mean nothing that would require a couple days of work).

Also, im running (or at least trying) his standard bulky set)

Last edited:
Years
I have looked online, but most movesets require me to have had a 4th gen game to teach him a move. His current moveset:

Eeks(yes, the in-game one) w/ leftovers
Gentle nature
1: Hydro pump(duh)
2: Thunderbolt
3: Will-O-Wisp
4: Volt switch(going to be replaced unless convinced otherwise XD)

His standard set, but since I couldnt put the 4th move, I put volt switch in its place.
I will accept any EASY suggestions(by that, I mean nothing that would require a couple days of work).

Also, im running (or at least trying) his standard bulky set)

Volt Switch isn't that bad in conjunction with Thunderbolt, since the former can be used to get in a Pokemon that Rotom has good synergy with to defeat your opponents Rotom counter, while the latter functions as powerful STAB. Either way, you could try Hidden Power Fire, for things like Ferrothorn and Forretress.

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
Years
Volt Switch isn't that bad in conjunction with Thunderbolt, since the former can be used to get in a Pokemon that Rotom has good synergy with to defeat your opponents Rotom counter, while the latter functions as powerful STAB. Either way, you could try Hidden Power Fire, for things like Ferrothorn and Forretress.

Sadly, mine has hidden power steel, so thats a no-go. i'll just keep volt switch then. Thx Karpy ^_^

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Standard Rotom-W wants Pain Split, H-Pump, Wisp, Volt Switch. Pain Split is needed on non choice sets as its quite good at tanking hits and is good in conjunction with its low HP to heal. Wisp is cool if you cant get HP Fire to cripple switch ins. Modest Nature is also required 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe as the Evs.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Hey everyone, I was wanting to get some suggestions on my last two moves for my Charizard. It is Timid, with the EV spread in SP. Attack and Speed. I already have Flamethrower and Air Slash as main stab moves. I was thinking Roost and Dragon Pulse as my last two, but I am no expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back