• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I'm loving this game it has such great variety of the new gen pokemon like Light Platinum but I have to say this game has some new pokemon I haven't seen in Light Platinum and I love the sprite designs! Great game!

Is there a way to get Escavalier in this game?
It's obvious. You cannot fit every 649 Pokemon into 411 spaces that's why both games have different 4th and 5th Pokemon.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
@CHIKEN LITTLE- Visual Boy Advance is the best.

@Sora63- That's because it was a 2 person hack. It has a lot of bugs.

Years
Guys just a heads up for those who complained about the unfinished walk through of mine. Well I finally got a little spare time from my daily routine and have started working on the stuff left. Currently I am at last place in Extra's section.

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
@feerd: You can't enter it, cuz it's an exit of another cave. Don't wanna spoil the fun for ya. ^_^

Gee, has it been a long time since I visited this thread.
But I'm curious, has anybody tried EV training? Or use cheat codes? The game is a heck of an experience fo sure.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2016
First off, thanks to everyone who created this hack, I have had a great time with it so far.

My question: As has been mentioned a few times in this thread earlier (I spent the better part of 2 hours looking for a solution in this thread), you can advance through the game without beating the gym that allows the use of Fly outside of battle. This creates a serious problem once you have beaten the gym in Millenium City, as there is no way to return to the first (8th) gym without Fly (There is an old man blocking the doorway in the building just south of Numassity City). Is there any way to beat the game if Fly was not obtained at the expected time? (Without using GS to walk through walls).

Thanks!

Years
First off, thanks to everyone who created this hack, I have had a great time with it so far.

My question: As has been mentioned a few times in this thread earlier (I spent the better part of 2 hours looking for a solution in this thread), you can advance through the game without beating the gym that allows the use of Fly outside of battle. This creates a serious problem once you have beaten the gym in Millenium City, as there is no way to return to the first (8th) gym without Fly (There is an old man blocking the doorway in the building just south of Numassity City). Is there any way to beat the game if Fly was not obtained at the expected time? (Without using GS to walk through walls).

Thanks!
Well to obtain FLY as well as the gym leader related with it are associated with the events in Iceland city so basically there is no way anyone can miss out. But if someone is so careless than only Game Shark codes can help him like you said

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Thanks!
Someone said that it is possible to return...
You can search this thread for a way.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2016
Okay, I suppose I'll give it another shot. I honestly don't remember skipping a gym - I just know that I've beaten the Millenium City gym, and all the events in that area, and I still cannot use Fly (or Strength, but I figured the 8th gym would get me that one).

For trying to return, I know that DRG had said that if I was at DR:HQ, I should take the Huntik route cave entrance to get back to Millenium City, so that I am in the main world area. But that does not help, as to the north from Millenium city is the wavepool area that leads to the den that Kyurem is in. I cannot go further north than that, but it appears that if I could, it would take me back to the starting city. Travelling the other way, I head into the Twilight Zone area, then back to Montage Port, then through all the desert areas (Forbidden Sands, Inferno Mountain, No Man's Land, Desert Point), arrive in Novella Town, then take the Straight Path to Numassity City, where I cannot go any further, as Kai's Dad is blocking my route south of there.

Sorry for the lengthy description of my route, but I wanted to show that nowhere in that route is there a branch or a different path I can take. I am stuck between these two points, and have no way to get to any of the following: Iceland City, Salem, Mystic Falls, Atlantic City, Waters Cavern, Flamen City, Lavaburn Forest, Tiki Village, and Fells Town.

I did not mean to be careless by skipping the Iceland City gym - I believed I was following the intended storyline and route. I am now just looking for a way to get back and finish up the game.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2013
Well, after playing through the hack for a bit I'd like to give my feedback and opinion on it.

It's pretty bad, to me at least.

I've been getting back in Pokemon games recently and discovering that I could use emulators was a really great moment, and then playing all the old games and now hacks have been great. After looking for a good finished one to play I found this one and saw some good reviews on it, but I must be playing a different version because it's not at all what I hoped for.

I liked the beginning, the ominous opening and the fact we got our starter in a different manner, for an assignment, rather than as a prize for helping the prof. or because we needed one to leave. And the fact that they weren't any typical starters were awesome, I picked Gible. But my issues with the hack start soon after.

-After beating my rival I'm heading to the door and get stopped, not by a npc, but the hack freezes. After restarting and leaving again I'm able to leave without any problems, and after testing it out I realized leaving the lab through the right side freezes it.

I liked the change of light outside with the changing time
-But at times it looked overdone, mainly in what I guess is the late afternoon light when the screen is covered in red. But this and how dark it gets at night/early morning are minor complaints.

-The wild starters. What's the point of putting a starter in the game if they're always going to be level 10? That's cute in the beginning when I found a Bulbasaur, but when all other wilds in the area are in the 30s why am I finding a level 10 Chikorita? It's the same thing that made Light Platnium bad, you get so many random Pokemon through the game and some you really want to use, but when you're in the 50s getting a level 10 Larvitar why would I take the time to train it??

-The unoriginality. I give props for the plot, but the gym leader names and the city design for the first real city, couldn't come up with anything else? Fiery? Typhoon? I didn't make it very far in the game, but those are the only leaders I know of, and Blitz (which is just cool enough not to be lame). Fiery's gym is just like Brock's which doesn't make sense considering its not Pewter and she's not a rock leader. I let it slide for Typhoon.

-The non-stop battling. This might not seem like an issue, but when you have to go through battle after battle to progress in the story its crazy.

-Fight Typhoon
-Fight Brock
-Fight your rival
-Battle a bunch of thugs and people to get to Ash
-Go through the cave and fight a bunch of Thugs and Grunts
-Fight Entei
-Exit the terminal fight Pete.
-Talk to people around the town fight your teacher.
-Try to leave the town, fight Dray.
-Go through the cave, fight the Professor.
-Find my way out of the nursery place, fight ???.

That's as far as I'm willing to play this game, but it just seems like I can't go more than 3 minutes without a fight I'm too underleveled to take on easily. I have to spam Sleep Powder and Leech Seed to keep from getting slaughtered.

I guess if you're looking for a different kind of hack, this is the one for you. But if you want something fresh and new and fun, I'd look elsewhere, it's not all its cracked up to be.

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
^ You're too late for the criticism and praise. DRG will not participate longer in this thread as well as the forum and she stopped working on this hack a long time.

*sigh* Pokecommunity misses her.

Back