• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
The Support conversions made me Laugh Out Loud! Won't spoil the joke, but the word "naked" shows up really early.

The menus for this game are VERY good. Pokemon Conquest has some Clunky, backwards menus.

I'm Playing Casual Hard. Sully died in Chapter 1... That's why I'm playing Casual. (this is my first FE game.)

My Avatar is +Magic / -Strength. When I played the demo, I really liked the way Magic allowed my unit to attack diagonally and from a distance - reducing the damage he takes. So, I decided to go magic oriented for my Avatar.

Tell Everyone Which Difficulty you are playing!

What are your Avatar's Asset / Flaw?

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I bought it off the eShop! I'm loving it though I've only done the demo part again and just stopped there. I'm planning on playing some more later on tonight.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Since I'm a long time FE player, I go Classic Hard. It gets easier to keep your people alive as you go on, and I really like the risk and the heavier focus on strategizing and restrategizing.

And I'd agree about the Support conversations, the writing team did an excellent job on making them hilarious and engaging, and I've even laughed out loud more than a couple times.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Played about 6 hours yesterday; very addicting. Pretty much enjoyed all aspects of the game thus far. I mean, I would have like more customization options for the "My Unit" particularly with outfits, but it's not too big of a deal. Love that there is a lot of pairing options as that means (for me anyways) a ton of replay value.

Not ready to crown it better than FE4 or FE7, but it's definitely a lot more enjoyable than any of the recent entries.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I played about 4-5 hours yesterday. I looooooooooooove this game, seriously. Can't wait to start switching classes with my characters and pair them up with different romantic interests. I also would have enjoyed more customization to My unit but it's okay I guess.

My unit married Lissa, who did you guys ultimately end up with?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I played about 4-5 hours yesterday. I looooooooooooove this game, seriously. Can't wait to start switching classes with my characters and pair them up with different romantic interests. I also would have enjoyed more customization to My unit but it's okay I guess.

My unit married Lissa, who did you guys ultimately end up with?

I chose Nowi (the loli dragon) since I had already determined I'd pair "My Unit" with her long before the game came out. But really, the choices are pretty endless; you can pair him/her with just about anybody. On the other hand, Chrom only has about 5 potential wives (went with Sumia) That seems like the natural choice and she has priority over the other girls.

Anyways, went with Normal/Classic and it's been relatively easy thus far. Too late to go back though.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I chose Nowi (the loli dragon) since I had already determined I'd pair "My Unit" with her long before the game came out. But really, the choices are pretty endless; you can pair him/her with just about anybody. On the other hand, Chrom only has about 5 potential wives (went with Sumia) That seems like the natural choice and she has priority over the other girls.

Anyways, went with Normal/Classic and it's been relatively easy thus far. Too late to go back though.

Yea I went into this game not knowing who the characters were and what my options were. Actually I was gonna for Tharja when I first saw some concept art but Lissa grew on me haha

I didn't go with Classic but that's because I've never played a Fire Emblem title so I figured I'd take it easy for now and get used to the system. It's very Advanced Wars-like except the dialogue, story, and class system stuff make it better.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I had the MOST EMBARRASSING death ever in my game so far.

Chapter 5. My units are separated into 2 teams. One to protect some new units, the other clearing field. My Avatar Zeus, Chrom, Lissa, and Lu Kang(? myrmidon) are in that one group.

There are two Dragon Knights. Chrom and Lu Kang take out the first one. My Avatar was going to double cast Thunder to kill the second one. The game said I would attack twice... BUT THUNDER BROKE after the first hit, so the Dragon Knight killed Chrom - GAME OVER!

I had a Brand New Thunder, but still had the old one equipped.

This game is amazing, I'm very eager to try again when I finish my homework.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Oh that sounds disappointing haha. I've never had a weapon break in the middle of a clash like that.

How exactly do I switch my classes? My friend sort of explained it but it was late last night and I was sleepy. My unit is already level 20 and Sumia's almost there as well. Chrom isn't too far behind.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Oh that sounds disappointing haha. I've never had a weapon break in the middle of a clash like that.

How exactly do I switch my classes? My friend sort of explained it but it was late last night and I was sleepy. My unit is already level 20 and Sumia's almost there as well. Chrom isn't too far behind.
There's a weapon called the Second Seal that allows your character to change to a number of available classes (so long as they are advanced or level 10). It can either be found in chests, dropped by enemies, or bought from Anna.

The Master Seal is similar, except rather than letting you change classes, it takes a D&D styled approach and allows you to choose from your classes available advanced classes. It is obtained the same way as the Second Seal is.

Yea I went into this game not knowing who the characters were and what my options were. Actually I was gonna for Tharja when I first saw some concept art but Lissa grew on me haha
I wanted to marry Tharja SO bad, but I'd already married Miriel several (playtime) hours earlier, and I didn't even know about Tharja (or really any of the characters except those from other games or those in the demo) prior to release ;_;.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
There's a weapon called the Second Seal that allows your character to change to a number of available classes (so long as they are advanced or level 10). It can either be found in chests, dropped by enemies, or bought from Anna.

The Master Seal is similar, except rather than letting you change classes, it takes a D&D styled approach and allows you to choose from your classes available advanced classes. It is obtained the same way as the Second Seal is.

Oooohh okay. Yea I got my hand on a couple. So far I've promoted My unit, Sumia and Ricken with a master seal. (Grandmaster, Dark Flier, and Dark Knight respectively). Still holding onto one Second Seal.

I wanted to marry Tharja SO bad, but I'd already married Miriel several (playtime) hours earlier, and I didn't even know about Tharja (or really any of the characters except those from other games or those in the demo) prior to release ;_;.

tharja<33 Next playthrough I will go for her. She keeps dropping hints that she wants to be with me lol Oh btw has anyone made any comical marriages? I made Ricken (the kid) marry Panne the beastwoman.

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
Being a girl, I married Vaike. Because The Vaike is a hoot, especially in his supports with MU. However, I did not realise the awesomeness that is Henry. If I ever do a redo aside from the one I'm trying of a male MU (just to see my options, some of the girls are really cute...) I will definitely be trying to marry Henry. He's just... he's just hilarious. (And cute. Very cute.)

However, my kid looks absurd as a Fighter. >.< Like, seriously absurd. Especially in comparison to his potrait, where he's basically a shota me with a sandy brown bowl cut.

Fun fact you may not know about. Tharja's creepy stalker obsession lust for you? Yeah, that's still around even when you're a girl. Heck, when I had Henry propose to her, her conditions for agreeing was that if he had to choose between saving her or me, he has to SAVE ME. I AM GREATER THAN ANY OF THEM. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA-okay done.

And I had originally paired up Gregor and Nowi thinking it'd be funny... it actually turned out to be absolutely adorable. And Lucina and Brady is pretty damn adorable too.

Years
Yeaaaah, I read all about Creepy Stalker Tharja when I was planning pairings. Creepy stalker is one thing, but that on top of everything else she does (including but not limited to her little comment if you get her support to S Rank) gave me all the motivation I needed to keep away from her. Doesn't help that I've heard she's worse in the Japanese version.

Still haven't got the game yet, but I've been told that WalMart has it in stock, so I'll hopefully be able to grab it before this weekend, unless people swoop in and buy up all the copies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I bought a master seal after Chapter 7. My Avatar is Lv. 12 already. Should I promote him now, or what? Are y'all sticking with the Tactition/Grandmaster Class or switching?

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I think I'll end up replaying the game right after I finish but I don't know if I should go with a female unit.

Still haven't got the game yet, but I've been told that WalMart has it in stock, so I'll hopefully be able to grab it before this weekend, unless people swoop in and buy up all the copies.

If you're able to, and have the free space, just download it through the eShop. Worked just fine for me.

@SnowpointQuincy: I promoted mine when I reached 20 but that's because I didn't get a Master Seal til then. I have a Grandmaster (my unit), Great Lord (Chrom), Dark Flier (Sumia), Sorceress (Tharja), Dark Knight (Ricken), and a Sage (Lissa).

Those are all the Master Seals I've done....haven't used any Second Seals just yet.

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
I bought a master seal after Chapter 7. My Avatar is Lv. 12 already. Should I promote him now, or what? Are y'all sticking with the Tactition/Grandmaster Class or switching?

You should always wait for level 20 before promoting your characters, so that they get as many stat boosts while leveling up in the lower class as possible. Promoted classes don't level up nearly as quickly as lower ones, and by promoting now you're pretty much throwing away eight levels worth of growth. I know it's tempting, but resist. If you have another character that is at level 20, use it on them. I'm at Chapter 19 now and most all of the units that I actually use are promoted. (My kid looks even more ridiculous as a Warrior than he did as a Fighter. I really have to reclass him to Tactician at some point.)

I've been keeping everyone in their original class, except for Donnel, since Villager doesn't promote to anything. He's now a Level 1 Hero with the stats of a, like, level 15 Hero. It was getting to the point where he wasn't allowed to get any more stat boosts as a Mercenary...

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I know it isn't an optimal way to play it but I promote based on the character rather than to succeed - while promoting Lissa to a War Cleric so she could carry around big axes was tempting, it didn't make sense from a character standpoint.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I usually wait to level 20 before promoting as well, but the level mechanics are bit different in this game. If you're trying to get certain skills for characters it's better to promote/reclass early. I mean, there is infinite leveling in the game with introduction of second seals.

Yeah, I pretty much kept everyone in there same class. Changed Brady to a Knight (lol) and Morgan to an Archer since it's pretty much Virion for most of the game.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
@Yuoaman: I'm with you. I was so tempted to give Lissa some axes I ultimately kept it all magic-based for her hahaha

I gotta get back on and play...I forget where I'm at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back