• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, my interest in getting a shiny Bulbasaur has sparked once again? Why? I keep on having a dream where I'm riding through the Orange Islands, on a Lapras...except this particular Lapras is purple. Kinda like its shiny form. ;) As one could guess, Lapras is one of my dream shinies, and I probably could've had one by now, if I weren't so stupid and saved after I had gotten a Lapras on FR...so yes, I want a shiny Bulbasaur now so that I can soft reset for a shiny Lapras. I also wouldn't mind SRing for another shiny Eevee. :D I really do hope I can get Bulbasaur soon because I've actually been hunting for quite a while (I recall hunting for it since last November/December, actually).

Edit: I just randomly reset my LG to get a new ID, and I got 00097. Not that it's really important, it's just that I've never personally had an ID number where three identical numbers listed consectutively.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
I personally want a Shiny Charizard now! That's black on red is simply divine :) I finally achieved my goal of capturing and raising a Shiny Milotic. What other Shiny Pokemon are very good looking and strong?

Years
Okay, I understand where Yami's coming from. I can never think of anything worth posting, or when I can, there's too much mess here and I don't want to have to deal with it. =/

Onto business, Braden loves shinies, you may not join. Here's why:
Still hatching some eggies. Thinking of giving up on Eevee, and going on for another Shiny Abra, so that I can have my shiny male Alakazam...But that envolves eggies too. So...Either that, or I'm gonna go for a shiny Regice, by Soft Reseting...Wish me luck. =/
guess what i just hatched a shiny eevee. i was trying to get one from 5:00pm to 4:00am. and i finnally got another one!
Class A Pkmaster-typical behaviour. An average respectable member mentions that they're working on finding a certain shiny. Shortly afterwards (usually the same page), the offender claims to have it. Combined with the claim of owning a shiny Deoxys without ratifying it, spamming, and being an overall pest who makes no sense, you've been rejected. Yes, I'm profiling. Deal with it. If Yami or another co-owner disagrees, so be it, but I don't think anyone in here wants another liar n00b to deal with.

xxArMaGeDdOn, VanirElf, Matty101, you may join, but please note:
I wanna be in this club , I have heaps of shinies 'cuz I trade a lot (1500+ trades in my Diamond version)
Traded shinies don't count unless you know who you're getting them from in person and can be SURE that they didn't clone or hack them.

HELLO HELLO =)

I'm brand new to PC and the first thing I would like to do is join this club.

I was extremely excited and overwhelmed when I caught my shiny Feebas and I would like to express it by joining this group. I'm on yet another mission to get a Shiny Charmander/Charizard but I think I will be on that mission for a while.

So if possible, I would LOVE to join this group. As for Shinies I've caught in my lifetime of playing...

Shiny Feebas, Oddish, Magnemite, and... Milotic ! =)
Is the Milotic the same Pokémon as the Feebas? Please note that we count evolutions as still being the same Pokémon (otherwise, I'd be up another 21 shinies! D=), and that clones don't count.

Now, congrats on the Shinxes, Fufu, and congrats on all shinies caught. (there are too many to list .__.)

I'm sort of working on Chikorita in Emerald, but I'm mainly just playing Diamond and continuing to raise my proper team. I should start the hunt for my recently selected Secret Shiny sometime soon. I'll be sure to bring along an Adamant (hint) syncher too.

On a totally unrelated note, maybe around a week ago, I had a slightly funky dream. (Yes, I have Poké-dreams, but I also have dreams about whatever I happen to be interested in, including other games (Command & Conquer dreams = pwnage!) and different things.) So I was in some grassy/cavey-type area, a bit like the Spring Path (place leading to Giratina), only in a spiral shape with small intermittent grassy patches. I was using the Pokéradar in them, only when I did, the active patches also changed colour. (Red, green, blue, or yellow; when they were 'green,' it was the same green as the inactive patches, making them unseeable after the shaking had stopped, just like normal. The colours stayed for all the others until you walked into one. (technically the green, too)) The thing is, whenever there was a red patch (which was 1/4 of the time), there was a shiny inside. So I caught a shiny Octillery and Hippopotas (both looking like they should), and a shiny Girafarig, only the Girafarig looked like this (well, a slightly different pose):

girafarig_recol.png

It was at that point when I woke up. But I mean, who wouldn't love shiny Girafarig if it looked like that? ChristmasRig!

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
I personally want a Shiny Charizard now! That's black on red is simply divine :) I finally achieved my goal of capturing and raising a Shiny Milotic. What other Shiny Pokemon are very good looking and strong?

Salamence is one. Which I will soon be having cause I'm training one of my 2 shiny Bagons. My friend has given me a loan of his Diamond so within that time I might try to find a shiny Stunky, just because Skuntank is the best new Diamond-exclusive pokemon, aside from Dialga.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
hey can i become a member of SHC?? i just need to know what yall do though??

Signing up woth out even knowing what we do. that has to be a first.
Anyway the people in the club look for shinys. We want to get a full pokedex of shinys.
Still looking for my shiny zapdos. Didn't look yesterday as had my prom to go to.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Diddo MM there's never anything to post, I've been gone months? and only now do I have anything to say... a capture of course, about the only thing that gets me on here right now, sadly.

Shiny Gastrodon (pink version)
Level - 29
Gender - Female
Caught in - Masterball
Nature - Modest
Caught at - Fuego Ironworks
Time - 191:45 (on June 23, 2007)
Game - Pearl
HP - 109
Atk - 52
Def - 45
SpAtk - 71
SpDef - 61
Speed - 31

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Grats Lady Darkmoon! n_n You're posts are becoming very rare, good to hear (read) from you :P

Anyways, Looking around Mt. Pyre lasted me about 1 day before I was bored out of my mind. I took out Sapphire and popped in FR to see what I could get. I ended up resetting the game and am now currently SRing for Shiny Charmander (w00t).

My whole team on Diamond is lvl 46 (I'm soooo slow) and I think a couple more levels and I can continue up Mt. Coronet.

Good luck on teh Shinies everyone! ^^

EDIT: DDD, dont feel down! Be happy that you even HAVE Shinies. I'm still alone, no Shinies love me. ;.;

<I>Kobra<I>

Years
Okay, wth? I just caught another shiny Fearow. It was a random encounter on the route north of the Battle Zone, where I was Exp.Share training my Adamant Kadabra to L40. (another hint)

I named him Lindermann, for another one of the "bad guys" in Heroes. (My original shiny Fearow is named Sylar) and sent him to the box. I haven't checked stats yet nor recorded a video. Looks like HipHoppip has another box-sitting friend. =/

Looks like today's a big day for unexciting shinies. .__.

Years
^ Yes, you may join.

I wonder why there isn't more activity here during Serebii's frequent periods of downtime. Anyway, I'm so frustrated with my latest capture that I'm working on chaining my secret shiny all the more fervently. My chains keep breaking for no valid reason, even when I follow all the rules, including my own, so I'm rather upset, but determined. I didn't have a long chain when Seviper came along.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Nothing never to post? Uh.... yeah.... it's weird how all of a sudden this place took off like crazy.

Congrats, LDD. I have one, too. Mine's either Lv. 29 or 28, and has a Modest nature too. XD I wish they could've switched the colors of the West/East sides for shinies. That would have been interesting.
But no, they gotta just lighten it up a little. And that's it. >.>

I now add my shiny Tyranitar to my Roserade, Antoinette. I'm pondering which to raise next, and since I've gotten HORRIBLE feedback on how I should raise Totodile.. I may skip it and go on to my own shiny Voltorb, which is on GBA games. I'll probably train it THERE, not in Sinnoh, cuz
Zoria said:
I'm trying to Attack EV train kaboom, but it's so darn hard! D=
(and that shiny I was raising was my Larvitar)

And speaking of that, I'm torn between Rock Slide and Stone Edge.
Stone Edge misses for me.

Alot.

I have them both currently on it's moveset, along with Crunch and Earthquake. After some more personal experience with the two, I'll decide between them. I was comparing it to Roserade, and they both have similar speed and Attack/Sp. Attack if you switch accordingly.
Once I decide, I'll replace one or the other with probably Avalanche, or Pursuit. Depends. Decisions, decisions.

So... what are my targets?
After my 'Dile being downplayed... I feel like I should go next for my alternate Water shiny (actually there's two but only one is Attack-based), but it requires finesse and old-skool racing to get, but I'm gonna use some new-skool methods to help me along.

I haven't been SRing for my own shiny Charmander lately. I feel like I should though, but I simply don't have any of my "vibes". It would be so awesome if a shiny just popped out of nowhere. XD

'Grats everyone.

Adios!
-LDDD

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
I have three shinies: Dustox, Ekans, and Taillow (which shall remain with me till the end); I had two others, but I traded them away, (really wanted what I got for them). There are only two shinies that really I want and currently am Hunting for: Ralts (for a shiny female Gardevoir, though a shiny Gallade would rule!) and a Shiny Charmander (Shadow Charizard for the win!).
Anyways, I would like to have a question answered: In D/P, when you chain with the PokeRadar, does it have to be a very high count to have a chance of encountering a shiny pokemon? And if so, about how many? Also, when an Egg hatches, is it when the pokemon comes out that you can tell if its a shiny or do you have to check after it hatches in its profile? Thanks!

Last edited:

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Shadow Chaos: Any time you encounter any pokemon, it always has a 1/8192 chance of being shiny, no matter what. Under any circumstances, the number will never change. You have the same chances of seeing a Shiny on the first pokemon you see as with the 1,000,000(th) pokemon you see. The opnly exceptions were in G/S/C and that's why those Shinies are banned.

EDIT: To answer your second question, I believe it is the pokemon that comes out. But remember, hatching an egg and then resetting and hatching the same egg doesn't work. Eggs are determined (stats, Shiny, nature, etc.) as soon as you recieve them. So hatching requires getting another egg for every one that hatches. ><
I personally want a Shiny Charizard now!
I haven't been SRing for my own shiny Charmander lately. I feel like I should though
and a Shiny Charmander (Shadow Charizard for the win!).
O.o

I thought I was going to be all alone in teh Charizard hunt o.o and those quotes are all from this page alone . >< Well gl you three on your hunts. X3

<I>Kobra<I>

The Queen of Spades

Hunter of Shiny Eeveeloutions
Years
Okay, I understand where Yami's coming from. I can never think of anything worth posting, or when I can, there's too much mess here and I don't want to have to deal with it. =/

Onto business, Braden loves shinies, you may not join. Here's why:

Class A Pkmaster-typical behaviour. An average respectable member mentions that they're working on finding a certain shiny. Shortly afterwards (usually the same page), the offender claims to have it. Combined with the claim of owning a shiny Deoxys without ratifying it, spamming, and being an overall pest who makes no sense, you've been rejected. Yes, I'm profiling. Deal with it. If Yami or another co-owner disagrees, so be it, but I don't think anyone in here wants another liar n00b to deal with.

xxArMaGeDdOn, VanirElf, Matty101, you may join, but please note:

Traded shinies don't count unless you know who you're getting them from in person and can be SURE that they didn't clone or hack them.

Is the Milotic the same Pokémon as the Feebas? Please note that we count evolutions as still being the same Pokémon (otherwise, I'd be up another 21 shinies! D=), and that clones don't count.

Now, congrats on the Shinxes, Fufu, and congrats on all shinies caught. (there are too many to list .__.)

I'm sort of working on Chikorita in Emerald, but I'm mainly just playing Diamond and continuing to raise my proper team. I should start the hunt for my recently selected Secret Shiny sometime soon. I'll be sure to bring along an Adamant (hint) syncher too.

On a totally unrelated note, maybe around a week ago, I had a slightly funky dream. (Yes, I have Poké-dreams, but I also have dreams about whatever I happen to be interested in, including other games (Command & Conquer dreams = pwnage!) and different things.) So I was in some grassy/cavey-type area, a bit like the Spring Path (place leading to Giratina), only in a spiral shape with small intermittent grassy patches. I was using the Pokéradar in them, only when I did, the active patches also changed colour. (Red, green, blue, or yellow; when they were 'green,' it was the same green as the inactive patches, making them unseeable after the shaking had stopped, just like normal. The colours stayed for all the others until you walked into one. (technically the green, too)) The thing is, whenever there was a red patch (which was 1/4 of the time), there was a shiny inside. So I caught a shiny Octillery and Hippopotas (both looking like they should), and a shiny Girafarig, only the Girafarig looked like this (well, a slightly different pose):

girafarig_recol.png

It was at that point when I woke up. But I mean, who wouldn't love shiny Girafarig if it looked like that? ChristmasRig!

I would just like to note that I've had my Emerald since April of 2006. I've played it quite a bit and sucsessfully gotten my first shiny Abra by eggs, last year. I doubt I'll *EVER* have the paitence to actually try to get another one. So. Yeah. Not getting on your case or anything, MM, I just wanted to let you know that. XD

Annnd....I've decided to take a break for a while, seeing as my life is a little hecktic right now. Should be back before July 4th though. That, and my nephew wants my emerald, so he can play it for a bit. So easily entertained by the moving Pokemon. 7_7;

Anyways, I wish everyone tons of luck for their shinies!! ^___^

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
TY Queen of Sapdes, I think I'll need all the luck I can get.. I made a small tally of how many times I soft reset-ed my Fire Red for that Shiny Charmander. I'm close to 3,000 but no shiny yet =( Have to keep trying!! After I get my shiny Charizard, I think I'm going to go for a shiny Nidoking and/or Starmie. I'll probably be breeding them instead of catching and searching in the wild. Which one is actually a better method? Wild or Breed?

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Yeah, sorry about that being AWOL and all... I did one of those "I'm not posting until I get a new shiny!" deals and well... I didn't think it would be as long as it turned out to be, heh.

My friend Crystal (the person I caught Disco the shiny Seviper for, that I now own) finally found and caught her first shiny on her Diamond game, a pink male Wooper in the Great Marsh of all places. She named him Cooler.

On another note, my lil' coz lost her rights to her DS and copy of Diamond for the next month, her mother is letting me "keep it safe"... meening I get a free month of hunting on her game, too, lol. V(^_^)V

I got the Gastrodon while hunting shiny Shinx/Luxio so I'm trying for a different shiny now, Glameow! I'm hunting in the lower level area... forgot the route number, geesh.

Wish me luck!

Ja-ne!

- - - LDD

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Yay! i finally got my shiny farfetch'd, after only a chain of 14.

I caught it in my fifth timer ball, it's male and modest and i'll have a look at it's iv's and get pictures up later.

I gotta say though i never expected to get a shiny that quick in the chain.

Back