• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kantoandjohtoaresupreme

Disable roaming Raikou, Entei, Suicune, FireRed hack?

My friend and I are working on a hack of Pokemon FireRed, and we have all the easy stuff done, minor stat changes, a few type changes, (Krabby & Kingler now Water/Ground, Gyarados is Water/Dragon), and certain Pokemon can now learn moves via TM that they could not before (Golduck can now learn Psychic TM). We have come across a major problem however, the roaming legendary beast, either Raikou, Entei, or Suicune, that roams Kanto after the player beats the Elite Four and gives Celio the Ruby and Sapphire. We have drawn out on paper the new locations for the 3 beasts, so they are not roaming (don't worry, they are still going to be harder to capture, b/c they will be level 60 now, and Entei's Special Attack and Attack stats have been switched) but have not figured out a way to disable the one roaming beast the player will eventually encounter in their post-Elite Four journey. We believe the one way that will work will screw up events in the game, because what it would do is make the game not recognize that you chose a starter (the legendary beast that roams depends on your starter). Anybody have experience with this? I know it's a long shot, but your knowledge would be helpful.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Time to ask a question! This one is kinda strange...Is there a way to take a pointer, add a number to it, and STILL have a pointer? I'm making a sort of table, and i need the script to know which part of the table to read. Using Firered and JPANs hack engine :)

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I made a map in Advanced Map, but I have a problem. In the map you see a warp round (I don't know how to say that, but I think you understand what I mean). In Advanced Map I made a warp for it, but ingame the warp doesn't work. How can I fix this?

23tsg4.png

redriders180

Years
I made a map in Advanced Map, but I have a problem. In the map you see a warp round (I don't know how to say that, but I think you understand what I mean). In Advanced Map I made a warp for it, but ingame the warp doesn't work. How can I fix this?

23tsg4.png

It's not working because they aren't set to allow warps. The easiest way to fix that is just to write a script that says "warp BANK MAP EXIT X-COOR Y-COOR". The other way is to click on the purple puzzle piece in A-Map. Scroll down to the button, and click on it. Then click the dropdown below "Behaviour Byte" and find "Warp". That'll fix it.

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
It's not working because they aren't set to allow warps. The easiest way to fix that is just to write a script that says "warp BANK MAP EXIT X-COOR Y-COOR". The other way is to click on the purple puzzle piece in A-Map. Scroll down to the button, and click on it. Then click the dropdown below "Behaviour Byte" and find "Warp". That'll fix it.

Oké thank you! I'm gonna try it!

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2016
Animations Assist Please

I would to go ahead and apologize if I am posting in the wrong place. I hope that isn't the case. I just really want to find some help.

I've searched everywhere and can't seem too find a way to alter the attack animations for pokemon ruby and saphire. The program, "A-Tack", allows me to alter names and effects quite easily, but I still need to redo the animations.

I am adept at pixel art and such simple pixel designs are a piece of cake! I just don't know how to implement any animation alterations. Can anyone give me an answer?

redriders180

Years
My friend and I are working on a hack of Pokemon FireRed, and we have all the easy stuff done, minor stat changes, a few type changes, (Krabby & Kingler now Water/Ground, Gyarados is Water/Dragon), and certain Pokemon can now learn moves via TM that they could not before (Golduck can now learn Psychic TM). We have come across a major problem however, the roaming legendary beast, either Raikou, Entei, or Suicune, that roams Kanto after the player beats the Elite Four and gives Celio the Ruby and Sapphire. We have drawn out on paper the new locations for the 3 beasts, so they are not roaming (don't worry, they are still going to be harder to capture, b/c they will be level 60 now, and Entei's Special Attack and Attack stats have been switched) but have not figured out a way to disable the one roaming beast the player will eventually encounter in their post-Elite Four journey. We believe the one way that will work will screw up events in the game, because what it would do is make the game not recognize that you chose a starter (the legendary beast that roams depends on your starter). Anybody have experience with this? I know it's a long shot, but your knowledge would be helpful.

The roaming legends is activated by a special (special 0x129). All you have to do is open up Celio's script in One Island Pokemon Center. On line 87 (for me) is Special 0x129. Just delete that, and you should be all set!

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I made this script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x1016
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0x05 @move
waitmovement 0x0
trainerbattle 0x0 0x149 0x0 @before @after
message @1
callstd 0x6
applymovement 0x05 @move2
waitmovement 0x0
setflag 0x1016
hidesprite 0x5
release
end

#org @1
= I must go now. I'm gonna train my\nEspeon. Next time I win! Bye!

#org @before
= Hey stupid! I trade my starter\nPOKéMON for a Espeon! I want to\ptry my new Espeon. Let's fight!

#org @after
= Noooo! How can I lose?

#org @done
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

The meaning of this script is that when the fight is over that he talks to you and walk away, but after the fight you must talk to him again before he talk and go away. How can I fix this?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I made this script:

Spoiler:

The meaning of this script is that when the fight is over that he talks to you and walk away, but after the fight you must talk to him again before he talk and go away. How can I fix this?

trainerbattle 0x0 is used mainly for trainers on routes and stuff. So the later part of the script after the trainerbattle command is only executed when you talk to the NPC again after battle (like with trainers on routes).

The correct way to do this would be to use trainerbattle 0x1.
trainerbattle 0x1 0x[TRAINER ID] 0x0 @before @after @later
Notice the third pointer, it's the pointer from where the script continues after the player wins the battle.

Spoiler:

SCRIPT HELP THREAD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
Did you create warps inside the cave? Also, in caves, there's usually a specific tile that looks exactly like a normal ground tile, which displays the pointing-down-arrow. Make sure you put this wherever there's a spot a cave should be entered/exited

Yeah. I made sure to create a warp inside the cave.

Also, I can't find the down-arrow tile.

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I add some Pokémons to my Pokémon Fire Red hack. I add the Pokémons ons the places were no Pokémon but a ? was. Now I want to make a wildbattle script for Cresselia and I have a list how to add Pokémons in a script, but because I add the Pokémons on a place were no Pokémons were, I don't know wich script code I must use to make a script. Please help (see image in the spoiler)!
Spoiler:

redriders180

Years
Yeah. I made sure to create a warp inside the cave.

Also, I can't find the down-arrow tile.

The layout of all the cave tile's tiles are always the same (in firered, at least). Starting when tileset 2 begins, there's a black tile, the normal ground tile, two different rocks, stairs, a ladder going down, a hole, and then a tile that looks exactly like the normal ground tile, but it's actually the arrow-down tile. Here's a picture:

Spoiler:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I add some Pokémons to my Pokémon Fire Red hack. I add the Pokémons ons the places were no Pokémon but a ? was. Now I want to make a wildbattle script for Cresselia and I have a list how to add Pokémons in a script, but because I add the Pokémons on a place were no Pokémons were, I don't know wich script code I must use to make a script. Please help (see image in the spoiler)!
Spoiler:

I assume you mean what code are you going to put in a wildbattle script, yes?
If so, then here, but just convert it to hex.
2s85umg.jpg

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2012
Is there a program that would list all scripts used in a rom?
Or is there a way to find them all myself?

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
what i must do to make fire red "shiny gold looking" ?
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2775/beztytuuqap.png (left fire red , right shiny gold)
i only know how change palet but i dont know how change trees , grass and ground ;/

You could try editing the grass and such in the Nameless Sprite Editor version 2.0. (I think anyway. Be sure to back it up before you change it)

Whackahack has most of them. The site is in Spanish though.

Here's a list of all the programs I use to make my hack:

Photoshop
Irfanview
NSE
NSE 2.0
Advance Map
Advance Trainer
Advanced Pokemon sprite editor
Advanced Pokemon icon editor
NTME
Visual Boy Advance

and that's all I can think of right now but there might be a few more.

Check the toolbox forum for links to all these.

Last edited:

redriders180

Years
Tricky stuff ahead!
How can I create my own "table" in Firered? This is my idea for a berry system:
Spoiler:

I can't tell if the reason the commands won't work are because of the data types, or simple error. Please help!

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Whackahack has most of them. The site is in Spanish though.

Here's a list of all the programs I use to make my hack:

Photoshop
Irfanview
NSE
NSE 2.0
Advance Map
Advance Trainer
Advanced Pokemon sprite editor
Advanced Pokemon icon editor
NTME
Visual Boy Advance

and that's all I can think of right now but there might be a few more.

Check the toolbox forum for links to all these.
Err, he meant scripts, not programs. (and Photoshop, a tool for hacking?)

There's no such program, but you can find script offsets if you know where to search. Hex viewer helps, too.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
There's no program that will actually list all the scripts used in a ROM. But you can open scripts with XSE through Advance Map.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Tricky stuff ahead!
How can I create my own "table" in Firered? This is my idea for a berry system:
Spoiler:

I can't tell if the reason the commands won't work are because of the data types, or simple error. Please help!
You need to find an unused space in RAM that will also be copied to a "save block" when the game is saved. (Unless you expect your users to rely ENTIRELY on savestates -- but you shouldn't force them to.)

Right now, your table is stored at 0x830000. This, however, is actually only an abbreviation; the proper offset is 0x08830000. 02 and 03 offsets are RAM, 04 and 05 are something to do with graphics, I don't know what 06 and 07 are, but 08 is fixed data in the ROM that can't be changed. So if you put your table at 0x08830000, you're basically adding it to your ROM as a permanent resource, not a mutable set of data.

And again, any random location in RAM will not work, because only certain areas of RAM are copied to the save blocks. (To add more such areas, you'll need ASM. I think JPAN found something that will give you an additional 200-byte save block to work with -- check the early pages in the Quick Research & Development thread.) And most RAM is already used by the game. (Even some of the RAM used in JPAN's Hacked Engine, for example, overlaps that used by the TEACHY TV item.) My signature links to my "RAM map" for FireRed, but I can't guarantee it's comprehensive (for the same reason no other such project has ever been comprehensive) and I don't remember when I last updated it.

Chances are, you'll need ASM for a good berry system. I remember that JPAN once attempted to create such a thing, but I don't recall if he ever succeeded or how well it worked if he did.

Now, if you need to create just any table (rather than one that must be alterable in-game), feel free. All a table is, is a sequential list of data with no "markers" separating it, with each chunk of data having an equal length so that you can tell them apart simply by offset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back