• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
I suppose it's a possibility, I just don't see why a Normal type like Eevee who can evolve into seven different types, would evolve into the same type? If you ask me I'd try to use almost every type for a diverse choice.

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Anyone else think sylveon is a flying type? I think that would be most likely because if you look at this chart images.vg247 .com/ current / / 2013/ 02/ Eevee _ Evoli _ Graphic _ EN - 545x600 . jpg (Remove the spaces) You can see each eeveelution across from an eeveelution who's STABs they are weak to. Vaporeon across from leafoen, fglaceon across from flareon, espeon across from jolteon. That leaves us with three choices: Water, ground, and flying. We already have a water type (Vaporeon) and she doesn't seem like a ground type. So what do you guys think?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
It would help if we knew what its name was derived from. This one is a lot less obvious than the others.

It's based on a sylph, is it not? I know we can't be certain but it's seeming really likely based on the information so far and that'd definitely pin it as a Flying type!

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Saw this somehwere..
h56F6F4A5

Thoughts ?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Saw this somehwere..
h56F6F4A5

Thoughts ?

That's kinda far-fetched theory but still good nonetheless
If it true, the type would be Flying or GF could do a curve and give us Ground type instead.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I definitely think it's flying, and if not then some new type. Having Eevee evolve into another normal type defeats the purpose, Eevee evolves based on it's surroundings supposedly.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I thought that Eevee being so adaptable to its surrounding enviroment don't prevent it to evolve into further Normal type. Just imagine it live in urban or prairie habitat. It still pretty much possible (and I'd love to) for Eevee evolve even further without changing it type and attributes.

But well, Sylveon is far from "further evolved Normal" Eevee anyway, so I guess the best bet is either Flying.

blue

gucci
Years
It's most likely going to be Flying type (or maybe Normal) from what we can currently know and see, but Game Freak do have a strong reputation of surprising us, so they could well spring a new type upon us. Although I don't think it's likely I'm still keeping an open mind about it right now, idk what they're going to do next tbh..

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
AlexOzzyCake made an interesting point:
I was having quite an in-depth conversation about this last night with a friend and we came up with the following assumptions:
Based on large amounts of evidence so far, Sylveon is based on the creatures known as Sylphs.
Sylphs are known as creatures of air, making Sylveon a Flying type.
Sylphs are historically only female, meaning that Sylveon is likely to be a female-only evolution of Eevee.
This implies that there must be a male counter-part to avoid having to introduce two new types of evolution!
As the new types introduced are usually opposites of each other, what could be better as an opposite to Flying than a Ground type?
A bulky wall-like male Ground type eeveelution would rival the speedy (sylphs are very fast!) and nimble Flying type Sylveon perfectly.
THEREFORE OHAI GROUNDEON.
Thoughts? :D

That sounds reasonable to me.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think if we were going to have two new Eeveelutions this generation though, they might have revealed them both at the same time. However, the thought of a female and male exclusive evolution for Eevee is a plausible idea and something I would like to maybe see happen one day.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
AlexOzzyCake made an interesting point:

That sounds reasonable to me.
Perhaps the other eeveelution's name is based on the term Orcs which are goblin like creatures that tend to be male and are bulky. I'm guessing it'll be Rock though considering one the eons is suppose to be stronger than the other Jolteon beats Vaporeon while V beats Flareon, Umbreon beats Espeon, Glaceon beats Leafeon.

Edit: though it could also be a fighting type as it's weak against Flying.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
If Sylveon is a female-only evolution and Game Freak invented a male specific one, this would be a stretch, but as a pair, what if they would be partly based on aeons as well? Aeons in mythology (or was it theology? Eh.) are spiritual entities that exist in pairs; one male and one female. Latios and Latias were the first to be based on aeons, so maybe if they wanted to make another aeon pair, gender-specified Eeveelutions would be a good ploy.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If Sylveon is a female-only evolution and Game Freak invented a male specific one, this would be a stretch, but as a pair, what if they would be partly based on aeons as well? Aeons in mythology (or was it theology? Eh.) are spiritual entities that exist in pairs; one male and one female. Latios and Latias were the first to be based on aeons, so maybe if they wanted to make another aeon pair, gender-specified Eeveelutions would be a good ploy.
That can work after all the eevelutions use the word Eon (in english at least) at the end of their names much like the Lati's classification.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I think if we were going to have two new Eeveelutions this generation though, they might have revealed them both at the same time. However, the thought of a female and male exclusive evolution for Eevee is a plausible idea and something I would like to maybe see happen one day.

Not necessarily. Volbeat was in a Pikachu Short way before Illumise was ever introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back