Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Draconius GO

Old July 8th, 2017 (3:18 AM).
Your dreams are false, But pretend that they are real anyway...

Nature: Gentle
    Update!

I'm Cheating in Hitmonchan, a Koffing, Horsea, and Kanghaskhan because their only available after the national dex/not available at all. I'll be catching a Rhyhorn and Tangela legitly though. (also, by 'cheat in' i mean I'm using codes that cause the particular pokemon to appear in a wild grass encounter, so i still have to use normal pokeballs to catch it ) ((kanghaskhan is gonna be a Pain....))

I currently have a lvl 2 Hitmonchan named Pevom with Revenge and Comet Punch, and with Iron Fist.
    Will update after 1st gym with the other 4 :D
    Team: Hoppip, Mankey, Wynaut, Oshawott, Electrike.

hums along to a tune only i can hear

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 8th, 2017 (5:01 AM).

Update #1!

Spoiler:

-Caught Koffing, Nicknamed them Endemon. Had Poison Gas and Tackle :D
      -Pevom's revenge is OP, 1 hitting Starly left, right, center, and behind!
      -Trained Endemon to level 5 on route 201. Endemon is like a sharpshooting tank--He hardly ever misses with poison gas, and then can take hits for days!
      -Was 'taught' how to catch pokemon by the assistant to Prof. Rowan (Lucas?). Did he not notice Endemon and Pevom? I think Lucas may need glasses...
      -Grinded to level 6 with Endemon on route 202, and he learned Smog! Grass types everywhere; beware!
      -Found a Horsea who'd been abandoned by her trainer! She (somehow) had the ability to communicate telepathically with me, and asked for me to take her in and prove to her old trainer that she COULD be strong. I asked her if she wanted to evolve into a kingdra and she told me no, because her father had been killed by a group of kingdra, and thus she was terrified of them. I agreed to train her, and she told me her name was Diadem.
      -Diadem grew quickly and learned smokescreen! She was a bit...unenthusiastic about the move, saying it 'relied too much on luck' to be good...Whatever that means!
      -Arrived in Jubilife city! Rowan's assistant tried to show me the trainer's school, but was quickly distracted by a man named 'Looker' who claimed to work for the International Secret Police. I doubted his claim immediately, no-one whose a spy looks so suspicious....or moves THAT fast. That's surely away to attract attention to oneself, something a spy is supposed to avoid at all costs!
      -Of course, Nolan, by best friend since birth was inside the trainer school and i finally gave him the parcel that had been slowing me down for about an hour now.
      -I battled the two schoolchildren inside the school and they both were very challenging battles, especially for Diadem, but thanks to Pevom, we managed to emerge victorious.
      -Pevom learned agility! Making him the fastest member of my team! I wonder if he can beat a rapidash in a race....
      Probably would be best to not put that to the test.
      -Spent some time seeing the sights in Jubilife city. Its a big place! Might've been scary if i didn't have Pevom and his revenge attack with me, of which no pokemon has managed to survive...yet.
      -Also got a Poketch after finding three clowns....and answering their simple questions.
      -Went north and trained my pokemon a bit, only to find i couldn't progress due to some rocks that i couldn't smash (although Pevom...was....right...there..)
      -Gave up and decided to head East towards oreburgh city.
      -Nolan decided to call himself my 'rival' and battle me. Endemon completely decimated Nolan's team with his concoction of poisonous gases. Endemon, the sharpshooting tank!
      -Continued on the route, battling like 4 trainers, and Endemon learned Smokescreen, too! Diadem studied how Endemon used it and tried to blow smokescreen out of her ears....needless to say, she promptly got very, very dizzy and had to rest at a pokemon center for a bit.
      -Got the move rock smash from some really...creepy hiker who was just STANDING THERE until i walked in front of him, even though i said 'Hey, mister?' like four times. And he had the AUDACITY to call ME the awkward one?
      -Arrived in oreburgh, only to find out that the gym leader had gone off to the local mine! Like, really!? Isn't it his job to be y'know...the leader of the gym? And he abandons his post to go to a mine? I mean, spend your own time loving up on some rocks instead of making me go into a dark, scary mine to find you At least....its not a mountain though. Mountains scare me.
      -After wandering in the mine for what felt like four years (but was probably only 2ish minutes) i found a man wearing a god-awful red miners hat that didn't go with his outfit at ALL. He promptly smashed a rock with rock smash, told me he was the gym leader, and before i could lecture him about leaving his post to have fun with some rocks, he had already left. I resigned to beating him with Diadem when i got back to the gym.
      -but first, i need to figure out how to get out of this darn cave!
      -After wandering around forever, i managed to get out of the mine, FINALLY. I went to the pokemon center to heal Pevom up, since he lost to a zubat (darn confusion), and proceeded to challenge the gym.
      -After annihilating the two gym trainers who thought there rock types could touch Pevom, i finally managed to reach and challenge the gym leader. Pevom also learned Pursuit, which is good for like....ghost and psychic types, both of whom Pevom struggles to touch! Woot!
      -I led with Diadem against roark, and realized she was a fair bit underleveled. Whoops.
      Her bubble still rekted Geodude and Onix's faces, but by the end of the battle with Onix, she was very weak and close to fainting. Roark then sent out a Cranidos, who defeated Diadem with a simple Pursuit. I sent out Endemon in an attempt to wear Cranidos down with his toxic gases. Endemon fell very quickly against the Cranidos, but not before he managed to poison it. Then, it was up to Pevom to defeat Cranidos. And Pevom defeated the Cranidos with a single revenge attack.
      -Roark then gave me the coal badge! I left promptly after telling him that he should perhaps spend his time training instead of having fun with rocks.

The team so far!

Spoiler:

Pevom, The Hitmonchan Lvl 12
      HP: 36
      Attack: 31
      Defense:25
      Special Attack: 15
      Special Defense: 27
      Speed: 25
      Moves: Revenge/Comet Punch/Agility/Pursuit

Diadem, The Horsea Lvl. 10
      HP: 29
      Attack: 17
      Defense: 20
      Special Attack: 18
      Special Defense: 10
      Speed: 17
      Moves: Bubble/Smokescreen/Leer

Endemon, the Koffing Lvl. 12
      HP: 31
      Attack: 18
      Defense: 29
      Special Attack: 20
      Special Defense: 16
      Speed: 18
      Moves: Poison Gas/Tackle/Smog/Smokescreen

Old July 9th, 2017 (9:15 AM).

This...is gonna be a long one

Spoiler:

-got back to jubilife city, and taught some punks in these HORRIBLE outfits not to be rude to Prof. Rowan. What were they thinking, challenging Diadem to a battle? they weren't, that's the answer. (diadem learned water gun! :D
        -Got the fashion case! Sadly, I can't use it to update my outfit, which is like, so 2010.
        -Found the Rock Tomb tm!
        -Used it on Pevom :3
        -found Bullet Seed!
        -Met a crazy flower lady who tried to get me to attend a class ALL about how amazing flowers were. I told her I was currently a tad busy, and she tried to drag me to the class! Pevom, thankfully, stopped her. I mean, i like flowers too but jeeez I don't wanna be dragged to a flower class!
        -Beat a team galactic punk, who then locked himself inside the windworks! How RUDE!
        -Took out my frustrations of his cohorts in the flower patch. It felt good.
        -Encountered a mother kanghaskhan who was looking for her baby! Diadem and i talked to her, and managed to calm her down cause she was incredibly hysterical. I found out that team galactic had stolen Kanghaskhans baby! (thanks to Diadem translating) Enraged, i proceeded to bust down the the windworks door to help Kanghaskhan find her baby, She (thanks, again to Diadem) told me her name was Alrecta, and I swore to help her find her baby.
        -Sadly, her baby wasn't inside the windworks, but I did find out thanks to one of the grunts, that a Kanghaskhans child had been stolen by the galactic leader and given to his most trusted admin. I tried to get the name of the admin, but the grunt refused to tell me. I had to restrain Alrecta from hurting the grunt, which I only managed to accomplish thanks to Pevom.
        -Chased off Team HorribleOutfits, and Looker came around talking about how he came to stop Team Galactic. I told him he was too late--and secretly wrote down 'never on time to ANYTHING' in my journal under the header 'reasons why looker is a terrible spy'.
        -Grinded up some levels on route 205. It was fun, but nothing interesting happened. (Diadem did learn focus energy though, which is nice since her ability is sniper!)
        -Met a very sweet lady named Cheryl who offered to go with me through Eterna forest.
        -Made it through Eterna forest without too much difficulty, thanks to Cheryl constantly healing my pokemon after every battle.
        -Grinded some levels on route 211 before challenging the gym!
        -Met the Fabulously dressed Cynthia, who gave me the HM Cut! Now i NEED to beat Gardenia, to look inside the Team HorribleOutfits base to see if Alrecta's baby is inside!
        -Lost twice to Gardenia (damn that Cherrim!) but won after some level grinding and Koffing's self destruct OHKO'ing Roserade (that flower FINALLY wilted!)
        -Gardenia gave me grass knot, to which i had no-one who could learn it, sadly.
        -Went to the obnoxious look-ing team galactic building to find and rescue the bike shops manager (and maybe Alrecta's baby!
        -Was ready to beat Looker in a battle because he was dressed in a Team Galactic outfit. Of course, naturally, i attributed this disguise of his as a bad thing cause i would've defeated his pokemon if he hadn't pointed out that it was him. He needs to learn when using a disguise is appropriate, for heavens sake!
        -Bad News: Didn't find Alrecta's child
        Good News: did get the Cyclist his Clefairy back, someone their Buneary back, AND got a bike! (also a pokemon egg from Cynthia) Now i can ride down cyclist road, and get to the next cities! :D
        Neutral News: Also still have no idea where Diadem's trainer is. Kinda irritated that they didn't think Diadem was powerful, when she can cause lots of damage with sniper and bubblebeam!
        -Rode down Cycling road and did some exploration in the Wayward Cave at the bottom.
        -Met some interesting pokemon, but none of them had the same kind of story to them and my other pokemon (which, by the way, Endemon and Pevom have been best friends since a very young age, and when i caught Pevom, Endemon insisted on coming with me too)
        -Had to use an escape rope cause i got lost "
        -Lucas gave me the Vs Seeker!
        -Used it to grind up some more levels before entering Mt. Coronet
        -Got to Hearthome city and decided to do a few contests!
        -Alectra wanted to do a tough contest, because before her child was stolen, she had always been very interested in contests, watching them through the windows of other trainers houses as she explored the world with her baby. Because she knew what to do, she won the contest very easily. Her only regret was that her baby wasn't there to see her win.
        -Then we headed off to challenge Fontain at the gym.
        -Alectra defeated Fontain's ghost types with surprising ease!

Old July 9th, 2017 (2:59 PM).

Quick update: I tried to post a more detailed update yesterday, but I think the post got auto-flagged for admin review. Anyway, I'm at Victory Road, but since it's Heart Gold, I still have a long way to go. The whole party is at about Lv 40, and they're in their fully-evolved (for the original dex anyway) forms.
          Old July 10th, 2017 (11:07 AM).

Another update!
            Spoiler:

Made my way towards the next route that led to Solaceon town and found our rival!
            The rival challenged us! I...cant remember his name " (nolan?)
            Beat him with relative ease, although Pevom lost to his Prinplup thanks to a crit (darn crits!)
            Did some grinding/a lot of battling on the way to Veilstone city!
            Finally made it to Veilstone city, man that took FOREVER
            bought Reflect and Light Screen TM's in the hopes that someone could learn them, eventually
            Met Alrecta's best friend from when she was young, Adei. Adei agreed to accompany us as we tried to rescue Alrecta's baby. I headed towards Pastora city cause i heard that the great marsh was home to a wide variety of rare pokemon, and figured that if the thief who stole Alrecta's baby had sold Alrecta's baby, that it might be found there.
            Went into the great marsh and did some exploring, only to be attacked by a tangela! Before i could do anything, the tangela grabbed one of the safari balls i had with me and entered it! However, he refused to talk to Diadem so i couldn't ask him what his name was. He followed my instructions in battle to a t, but....wouldn't talk to Diadem at all. Diadem didnt understand it either, so we just moved on with our gym challenge, heading back to Veilstone City. Unfortunately, using the binoculars on top of the entrance to marsh, I couldn't see any Kanghaskhan's anywhere, which irritated me and Alrecta, and i could tell that Alrecta was getting very, very anxious.
            Entered the Veilstone gym, where Tangela proved to be extremely powerful with stun spore/poisonpowder/Mega drain, letting it deal massive amounts of damage to things that didnt resist and crippling most things that did.
            Challenged and beat Maylene. She was very, very easy, as Tangala OHKO'd meditite with a crit, stun spored Lucario, and Pevom defeated Lucario and Machoke with ease. Mach Punch FTW.
            Thats it for a little while!

Old July 11th, 2017 (11:27 PM). Edited July 12th, 2017 by Janp.
            Audino master

Second and final update's here :D I also added all new challengers and hope you'll enjoy the challenge

Progress:
            Spoiler:
            Continuing from where I left, I got HM Cut and beat Rival. I don't want to waste your time,
            so I'll just say that I beat the game up to E4 without problems and beat E4 on second try (I got destroyed by Lorelei's Ice team and had to trained a little).

Team:
            Spoiler:

Bublanina, lv. 61
            - Razor Leaf
            - Sleep Powder
            - Leech Seed
            - Solar Beam

Spyro, lv. 59
            - Flamethrower
            - Slash
            - Rage
            - Fly

Vodnik, lv. 60
            - Hydro Pump
            - Skull Bash
            - Surf
            - Ice Beam

Vosa, lv. 59
            - Psybeam
            - Super Sonic
            - Sleep Powder
            - Whirlwind

Motyl, lv. 55
            - Poison Sting
            - Toxic
            - Twineedle
            - Pin Missile

Sova, lv. 57
            - Wing Attack
            - Mirror Move
            - Hyper Beam
            - Quick Attack

And with that, I completed my own Challenge! I'll submit another run soon, but for now, it's time for another new Challenges
            Old July 12th, 2017 (2:12 PM).

UPDATE
              Spoiler:

Chose Chikorita as my starter so that I would have the overall type advantage against my rival Gellert's Typhlosion. Did the Mr.Pokemon's house collected the egg and got the pokedex. Bat my rival, on Route 31 I caught a Bellsprout and traded it for the Onix in Violet City. Trained it up with my Chikorita helping in Sprout Tower mainly because I would always be beaten down if I didn't. Ended up getting to the point where Onix would not listen to me. After Sprout Tower I beat Falkner then headed to Route 32 and got the Old Rod, then headed back to Cherrygrove City and managed to catch a Krabby after a little bit of time. Headed through Union Cave to Azelea Town training Krabby as I went. Cleared the Slowpoke Well and beat Bugsy first try, made it through Ilix Forrest and made my way onto Route 34 and caught a Drowzee. Now I'm in Goldenrod City ready to do some grinding before taking on Whitney.

TEAM
              Spoiler:

Credence
              Level: 18
              Moveset: Bubble, Cut, ViceGrip, Harden

Rocky
              Level: 18
              Moveset: Tackle, Rock Throw, Bind, Mud-Slap

Percival
              Level: 12
              Moveset: Pound, Hypnosis, Disable

Old July 12th, 2017 (9:15 PM). Edited July 12th, 2017 by Smotemotem.

All done with my first leg of this challenge!
                I plan to do more, but I'm not sure I'm ready to jump back in just yet.

Quick updates
                Spoiler:
                -Over the weekend, I worked to finish up Victory Road & Elite Four Round 1. I saved before each E4 member, and I lost on the first try against most of them. However, if I could lead with the right Pokemon and heal at the right times, mos of them only took a couple of tries. Lance was the hardest, since his Pokemon were so much higher level than mine. However, La Bamba was able to slowly gain an edge over the physical-based Dragonites with the Atk drops from Aurora Beam.
                -Kanto was slow-going at first, and I was only getting about two gyms down per day, in the beginning. However, today I hit my stride and cleared out the remaining half of the Kanto gyms.
                -Then, I went up to Mt. Silver to see if I could beat Red without grinding too much. I was able to do it, but it wasn't very fair. I had to depend on hail damage, struggle damage, and tons of healing items to survive this fight. I don't regret that at all, though. I really hate grinding, so I didn't want to have to grind out 20 - 30 levels on all my guys. My team members were all under level 60 when we beat him.
                Old July 13th, 2017 (4:42 AM).

Actually, I think I do want to start back today.

Username: Smotemotem
                  Game: Red
                  Team: Chansey, Seaking, Starmie, Mr Mime, Jynx, Electabuzz
                  Skipped: Scyther
                  Old July 13th, 2017 (6:36 PM). Edited July 13th, 2017 by Daysonyx.

First update in awhile! Took a break for other games :P

Spoiler:

-Helped the professor's assitant get his pokedex back (how do you just let galactic goons take your pokedex? he probably dropped it >.>)
                    -I actually like the assistant! He had the shnozzles (i know there are yungins on this site. why do i suddenly have a country twang? i don know) to call looker a weirdo to lookers face! Haha! I think the assistants name is Lucas, ill try to remember that now :P
                    -after being forced into the warehouse by looker (I JUST WANT TO CHALLENGE THE NEXT GYM LEADER!), i got the Fly HM. Wooo, none of my pokemon can learn it woo...
                    -Caught Staravia to use as a fly slave :) Got back to Pastoria city with ease thanks to it :D
                    -went to challenge the gym and got interrupted YET AGAIN by Nolan, the blonde haired speed kid rival who hasn't been a decent battle challenge yet.
                    -Except this time, he did prove to be one, although more of an irritating challenge than anything else. His ponyta's stomp made Alrecta flinch SIX TIMES IN A ROW! -_-
                    -partway through the gym, tangela tried to learn ancientpower. i decided to not let him learn it, because that forces the evolution into tangrowth.
                    -Defeated wake despite being pretty underleveled with suprising ease!
                    -Team HorrendousFashion dropped a bomb in the marsh! Naturally, this made Alrecta very, very angry, so we made chase for the Galactic grunt who'd set off the bomb in the marsh. HOW DARE HE!
                    -Looker showed up, and was useless, as always.
                    -Battled the grunt, who finished running to the lake, and i couldn't follow. I was at a loss for a solid few moments when Cynthia showed up and gave me a SecretPotion so i could heal the Psyduck blocking me from heading north! Woo!
                    -Healed the Psyduck, and Cynthia asked me to take an Old Charm to her grandmother, I naturally said yes, cause that could Alrecta find her child.
                    -i could've used my fly staravia for defog as well but decided against it. I'd deal with the fog.
                    -Immediate. Regret. I perservered, but NEVER AGAIN. Its so frusterating to miss with 100 accuracy moves like FAKE OUT and miss 5-6 times in a row with mega punch or rock blast -_-
                    -Managed to make it to Celestic Town though, despite much rage and anger.
                    -Grinded some levels to the west of Celestic town, because i couldn't be bothered to grind in Defog-nightmare
                    -After just a bit of grinding, DIADEM EVOLVED! She told me shes much stronger now that shes a Seadra, and is truly ready to show her old trainer her power.
                    -After grinding, i went to beat the grunt in front of the ruins face in with Diadems strength, and then had to enter the ruins to look at a strange painting. After which Cyrus came and battled me! it went really well, Pevom OHKO'ing sneasel (mach punch ftw) and almost taking down golbat, with Adei beating murkrow with relative ease.
                    -Was given the surf HM! taught it to Diadem (obviously) although Alrecta could also learn it? weird...
                    -Cynthia told me about Canalave city, so i decided to head there.
                    -got to canalave city pretty easily.
                    -I tried to see what this 'iron island' buisness everyone was talking about was, but Nolan decided to interupt me and battle me AGAIN! -_-
                    -he...almost beat me that time. Proved to be a real challenge, and i only won because Adei takes basically no damage from physical flying moves, and his staraptor decided to double team instead of attacking. I...need to grind.
                    -I didnt need to grind to beat the gym though lmao
                    -Went to iron island to do training though, cause...we NEED it. Bad. Got strength from this really cute guy named Riley, who offered to train with me. I naturally accepted.
                    -Found a protector. Useless since i cant trade and Adei doesnt wanna be a rhyperior.
                    -During the training, Endemon evolved into Weezing! Finally, someone with great physical bulk who isn't 4x weak to two primarily special attack types with horrible special defense :D
                    -Riley offered me an egg, and i said i would, but raising six pokemon was pushing me to my limits as is so any more would be very difficult.
                    -followed Nolan to talk to the professor.
                    -while we were discussing the lakes, and i was given my assignment of lake valor, a giant explosion went off in lake valor!
                    -I made a bee-line (hehe) for Lake Valor, and Diadem told me that she felt a familiar presence at the lake. She....has strangely strong psychic abilities for a water type who isn't even interested in becoming a dual water/dragon. I prepared to encounter a very strong trainer never-the-less.
                    -Lake Valor was a DISASTER! the water....was gone. the magikarp were left to flop around without any water. My heart stung for the poor magikarp. And of course it was Team HorridFashion behind the explosion. I wrecked every grunt i could find in my anger at what they had done to the lake. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
                    -THEY WERE TARGETING LAKE VERITY NEXT, AND CALLED TWINLEAF TOWN A HICK TOWN. IT WAS TIME. FOR VENGEANCE
                    - Before i wrought havoc on the person in charge of this horrible catastrophe at Lake Valor, Diadem told me she sensed her old trainer inside. She asked me to be the one who would fight him...alone, without any help. I told her that i would let her do the fighting as long as she could, until she was no longer able to, but if she couldn't beat him alone, that I'd get help from the other members of my team. But, I said, only as a last resort, because I believed she could beat her old trainer all on her own.
                    -It proved to be a relatively difficult battle. Especially Diadems old trainers (whose name is Saturn) Toxicroak, who almost beat Diadem twice, but eventually Diadem proved herself and crushed Saturn's team. Saturn was stunned at the power Diadem possessed, and before I ran off to wreak further vengeance upon the ones at Lake Verity, I told Saturn that a pokemons power isn't determined by the pokemon alone, but also by how strong the trainer is. The fact he couldn't bring Diadems true power out ultimately proved he was a very, very weak trainer. He ran off then, shaken by Diadem's power.
                    -I then ran off to Lake Verity, to protect my home town, because Diadem warned me that Lucas was in danger, and i knew i had to help.

The team so far:

Spoiler:

Diadem, the Seadra. Lv. 38
                    -Surf
                    -Focus Energy
                    -Twister
                    -Flash Cannon

Alrecta, the Kanghaskhan Lv. 33 (shes low, i know)
                    -Mega Punch
                    -Crunch
                    -Fake Out
                    -Iron Tail

Adei, the Rhyhorn Lv 36
                    -Tail Whip
                    -Take Down
                    -Stealth Rock
                    -Rock Blast

Tangela (he still hasn't said anything to us...) Lv. 34
                    -Stun Spore
                    -Reflect
                    -Poison Powder
                    -Mega Drain

Endemon, The Weezing Lv 38
                    -Poison Gas (anyone know if Toxic is a TM?)
                    -Sludge
                    -Payback
                    -Haze

Pevom, the Hitmonchan Lv 38
                    -Ice Punch
                    -Thunder Punch
                    -Mach Punch
                    -Sky Uppercut

Yeah, those images were FAR too big. Help meee XD id love to get the models from Serebii but i have no idea how. I'll edit and remove them if it doesn't show like i want it to.

Old July 13th, 2017 (8:11 PM).

Username: Fennekin101
                      Game: Sun
                      Team: Scyther, Magmar, Pinsir, Tauros, Gyarados, Lapras
                      Skipped: None

This challenge sounds like fun!
                      Old July 13th, 2017 (8:53 PM).

@Days - I've been linking to Pokemon Showdown sprites for some of my posts. If you Google it, you should be able to find their directory pretty quick.

So I bought Red on the Virtual Console today and started my new journey. I can't get my first Pokemon (Mr Mime) until around the time I reach Vermillion City, so I've been trying to play through the early part with just Bulbasaur. I beat Brock, I beat Misty, then I started working on the fights leading to Bill's house. My battery was about to give out, so I had to stop there for the night.

Team: Starter Ivysaur & trade fodder Abra.
                        Old July 14th, 2017 (12:01 AM).

@Smote Thank you for the help, ill keep that in mind for my next challenge post

Sadly, im putting this challenge on a semi-permanent hiatus. I just lost like 5 hours of progress due to a freaking save state mishap and i do not have the motivation to go through ALL OF THAT (including the Distortion World, which, on an emulator is a pain) again. I may return, but i make no promises about when that'd be.

HOWEVER, i absolutely loved this challenge and enjoy the concept, so i would like to post my thoughts on my pokemon with what i managed to get to, if i return to finish the platinum 802 challenge, ill make sure to attach it to this particular post.

Endemon was a beast once i got him thunderbolt and flamethrower. that and sludge meant he could deal with almost anything that came his way. Real shame that his Special defense stat was so...meh, compared to his great defense, but he could wall most physical attackers. Wish i'd gotten to see him face off against the ground elite four member (isn't her name bertha?) with levitate and (hopefully) leftovers/black sludge.

Pevom was AMAZING with his punching moves and coverage. I don't understand why everyone seems to dislike him, and im eternally grateful for the guy who skipped him, because the early game would've been much harder w/o Pevom (i cheated him in at Hitmonchan because getting a tyrogue to evolve into hitmonchan is really, really irritating and i didnt wanna have to cheat in 5 different tyrouges just to get one hitmonchan.

Alrecta proved to be, quite honestly, the MVP of the team. I never expected normal Kanghaskhan to prove so useful, and while she was walled by a few things (bronzor after she lost crunch) her Fake-Out+any of her other moves usually meant someone was being defeated. She also looked like my best bet for a special wall because of her HP and everyone elses relatively stihz special defense (my two highest SpD were Pevom and Alrecta, which is...interesting, but Alrecta did amazing when she got to wall special attacks ((golbats+crobats couldnt touch her HP in any meaningful way if they were using special attacks))

When i first got tangela, and it essentially soloed the fighting gym, i thought that he was gonna be the MVP of the team. After the water gym though, his lack of decent coverage (mega drain as his only attacking move until i got the sludge bomb tm was...bad, and even after Sludge Bomb, if it was a poison type, tangela couldn't do ANYTHING except set-up Reflect for someone else on the team) however, after the sludge bomb tm, while tangela was still walled by anything and everything that even resembled a poison type, sludge bomb let him deal crazy good damage to anything that didn't resist it, and killed anything that was weak to it.

Adei was rough to train. He died to anything special, and couldnt take water or grass type attacks at all. Luckily, however, once he evolved into rhydon, he became a much greater threat (especially with rock slide instead of the horrid rock blast), killing lots of things relatively easy. He could actually take one (1!) weaker grass or water type physical attack with a little bit of luck, and could withstand quite a few hits weaker ice type physical attacks with relative ease. still died to anything special but hey, can't have everything *shrug*

I loved Diadem from start to finish. She was a bit rough, and a bit squishy, but when she crit WOOO boy was something going down. Focus Energy let her take down things that would've resisted her attacks because of the increased crit chance wrecking anything that got crit and made them more frequent. Once she got surf and ice beam, along with hydro pump, she became REALLY good at breaking things down. and thats WITH an adamant nature ((i only caught one of each of the pokemon for the team, to kinda up the challenge a bit, if i got bad natures/IVs))

I may return to this platinum challenge in a few weeks, but for now im taking a break from platinum in general. I can't with all of that lost progress.

However, if the OP doesn't mind, id love to sign up for a second challenge w/ a different game (probably soul silver, i've always wanted to play that version (i had heart gold as a kid)), but i know that that could be a bit '??', so i'll wait for a response before signing up.

Old July 14th, 2017 (12:20 AM).

Actually, after looking at the next round of available pokemon, i want to reserve the next group of pokemon cause it has my two all-time favorite Kanto pokemon ever (Omastar and Kabutops). If this is, like i said in my last post, a bit '???', ill just delete this reply.

Username: Daysonyx
                            Game: Soul Silver
                            Team: Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Porygon, Omastar, Kabutops
                            Skipped Pokemon: Ditto

Old July 14th, 2017 (7:35 AM).

UPDATE
                              Spoiler:
                              Got up to Chuck and realised that I am now underleved, discovered that Jasmine's Steelix is level 35 so I cleared the Lighthouse and am now just currently grinding up my mons so that they are into the 30s.

TEAM
                              Spoiler:

Hedwig
                              Level: 24
                              Moveset: Peck, Fly, Leer, Swift

Kowalski
                              Level: 23
                              Moveset: Tackle, Surf, Supersonic, Aurora Beam

Rocky
                              Level: 26
                              Moveset: Tackle, Rock Throw, Strength, Mud-Slap

Credence
                              Level: 28
                              Moveset: Stomp, Cut, Vicegrip, Surf

[email protected] Claw
                              Level: 28
                              Moveset: Confusion, Hypnosis, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch

Old July 15th, 2017 (8:12 AM).
                              Audino master

Added all of you

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Daysonyx View Post
                              Actually, after looking at the next round of available pokemon, i want to reserve the next group of pokemon cause it has my two all-time favorite Kanto pokemon ever (Omastar and Kabutops). If this is, like i said in my last post, a bit '???', ill just delete this reply.

Username: Daysonyx
                              Game: Soul Silver
                              Team: Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Porygon, Omastar, Kabutops
                              Skipped Pokemon: Ditto
                              Don't worry, I'll probably take your Platinum team, if you don't mind
                              Old July 15th, 2017 (9:44 AM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Janp View Post
                                Added all of you

Don't worry, I'll probably take your Platinum team, if you don't mind

Thats fine, i dont mind :D My platinum team was great, just losing 5 hours of progress is a nightmare >.<
                                I'll start the soul silver playthrough later, will probably start by cheating in Omaneyte and Kabuto (ignore my bad spelling).
                                Do i have to breed my Eevee for three Eevees or can i cheat in two more after getting the first one?

Old July 15th, 2017 (11:44 AM).

I really should have written this update way earlier, but hey, the challenge is complete :D

Final stats:

Hall of Fame:
                                  Spoiler:
                                  Team:
                                  Spoiler:

Goldman, Cloud Nine, Careful, lv. 54
                                  -Surf
                                  -Calm Mind
                                  -Brick Break
                                  -Ice Beam

Pimple, Limber, Brave, lv. 53
                                  -Shock Wave
                                  -Water Pulse
                                  -Shadow Ball
                                  -Secret Power

Quaintish, Chlorophyll, Careful, lv. 53
                                  -Secret Power
                                  -Giga Drain
                                  -Petal Dance
                                  -Sleep Powder

Venomfree, Shield Dust, Jolly, lv. 52
                                  -Psychic
                                  -Leech Life
                                  -Secret Power
                                  -Sleep Powder

Piggy, Vital Spirit, Mild, lv. 52
                                  -Brick Break
                                  -Aerial Ace
                                  -Earthquake
                                  -Strength

Al Ben Cal, Sand Veil, Quiet, lv. 52
                                  -Earthquake
                                  -Rock Slide
                                  -Slash
                                  -Cut

I liked this challenge, so I will certainly sign up again in the future, I just don't want to have a team full of legendaries.
                                  Old July 15th, 2017 (12:33 PM).
                                  Audino master

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Daysonyx View Post
                                  Do i have to breed my Eevee for three Eevees or can i cheat in two more after getting the first one?
                                  If you cheat them in on appropriate level and legal moveset/stats, I don't see a problem with that.
                                  Old July 15th, 2017 (3:07 PM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Janp View Post
                                    If you cheat them in on appropriate level and legal moveset/stats, I don't see a problem with that.
                                    Alright, thank you, that makes my life much easier :D

I'm gonna go ahead and start the soulsilver run now :D

Spoiler:

-Did the opening stuff, caught an Omanyte and Kabuto (which was WAY harder than i wanted it to be ((used like 15 poke balls to catch the two of them, and had like....enough money for 3 extra potions because of it)) Omanyte's name is Camden, and Kabuto's name is Aurora (i forgot to nickname the Kabuto when i caught her cause i was so excited i caught a female kabuto >.<)
                                    -Realized that the bellsprout tower was going to be a nightmare like no other. Quietly cried myself to sleep in the bed at home
                                    -So, in character time now. Camden and Aurora have been with me since i was a very little child, and we have a very strong bond to each other, as we've been together for a long time.
                                    -Made it to Violet City with easeee (resisting every type on a route sure makes for an easy time)
                                    -Saw the bellsprout tower and shuddered with dread. All....those....grass...types...
                                    -Went into the tower cause i really had no other choice. I am prepared to white out a great many times against the great grass types...
                                    - # of white outs in bellsprout tower: 2
                                    - Trips to the pokemon center outside of whiting out: 7
                                    -Camden in particular was a sitting duck until he learned bite at level 7, cause constrict might as well deal negative damage.
                                    -I hate bellsprout with a BURNING PASSSION!
                                    -((ooc note: i did some research on the evolutionary stones and the three i need (fire, thunder, water) are only attainable before kanto via the bug catching contest or a pokegear phonecall, both luck based, so if i dont get one from the bug catching contest, can i cheat them in to make my life a lot less RNG based?))
                                    -BEAT the sage at the top. Thank the stars for withdraw making it so that vine whip could only deal 4 damage after two withdraws, meaning i could beat bellsprouts. Man, that was rough.
                                    -Went to the gym, and it was pretty easy (resistance to flying+normal ftw) although I did gain a new-found hatred for sand attacking Pidgey's "
                                    -Also roost spamming Pigeotto can die in a fire
                                    -Beat Falkner though!
                                    -Got the egg from prof. Elm's assistant.
                                    -Met a Porygon by the name of Paladol, who asked for me to train it and make it stronger, cause its programing told it it needed to become stronger, but couldn't manage it on it's own. I, naturally, agreed.
                                    -And that's where im calling it a day! :D
                                    -I'll add team info next update.

Old July 15th, 2017 (9:13 PM).

Spoiler:

Day 2: I only played for a little bit. I went to visit Bill at his house north of Cerulean City. After that,
                                      I went through Diglett Tunnel to get to the house on Route 2. There, I traded my Abra for Marcel, the Mr. Mime.

Day 3: I played for a very long time today. I tried to lead with Marcel as much as I could, so he could get some levels. In Kanto, where there are poison types everywhere, Mr. Mime holds his own. With just Marcel and Peri (the Venusaur), we played through two more gyms and all the story events necessary to get the Pokeflute. The flute allowed us to get past Snorlax and get a Super Rod. That allowed us to fish up Seaking in the badge check area south of Victory Road. It also allowed us to get a Poliwhirl in Celadon to trade for Lola, the Jynx, in Cerulean. We advanced to Fuchsia and just barely beat Koga. I got Surf in the Safari Zone and set off to get the rest of my team. We caught Electabuzz at the power plant, and we caught Staryu in Seafoam Island. To catch Chansey, I used the "Fight Safari Glitch," which allows you to fight/capture Chansey on Cinnabar Island in normal combat. I also used the "Old Man Glitch" in order to duplicate some TMs. I have to stop there for the night, but I did raise my team to about level 40 before quitting.
                                      Old July 17th, 2017 (9:04 PM).

All done.

Spoiler:
                                        I tried to keep the party levels pretty even for the last part of the game. I was kind of disappointed, because my Pokemon had a lot of moves in common, so none of them really stood out above the rest. I guess in the end, Jynx was the best, since Ice/Psychic was a great type combo to take on the elite four. I think using the item dupe glitch to get extra TMs actually hurt my enjoyment of this run. If I were to do it again, I wouldn't abuse the item duplication.

Old August 29th, 2017 (8:06 AM).

Nature: Modest
                                          POKEMON LEAFGREEN 802 CHALLENGE: PART 4
                                          Spoiler:

-Headed back to Cerulean City, and went East to Dark Cave.
                                          -Headed through Dark Cave.
                                          -Arrived in Lavender Town.
                                          -Headed West to Celadon City.
                                          -Brought an Thunder Stone and evolved BUZZSHOCK into Raichu.
                                          -Went to the game corner , down to the Team Rocket base and cleared it out.
                                          -Defeated Giovanni using BUZZSHOCK's Brick Break on Onix and Rhyhorn, and Thunderbolt on Kangaskhan.
                                          -Healed and went to clean out the Gym.
                                          -Defeated Erika using JETRAY's Peck on Victreebel and Tangela, and DIAMONDHED's Peck on Vileplume.

TEAM
                                          Spoiler:

DIAMONDHED the Nidoking
                                          Level 29
                                          Brick Break/Peck/Dig/Thrash

SNAKEPIT the Arbok
                                          Level 29
                                          Poison Sting/Bite/Glare/Secret Power

BUZZSHOCK the Raichu
                                          Level 29
                                          Thunderbolt/Flash/Thunder Wave/ Brick Break

JETRAY The Fearow
                                          Level 30
                                          Peck/Fury Attack/Pursuit/Growl

WILDMUTT The Nidoqueen
                                          Level 28
                                          Water Pulse/Body Slam/Thief/Shock Wave

CANNONBOLT The Sandslash
                                          Level 28
                                          Cut/Rock Slide/Aerial Ace/Dig

ONGOING CHALLENGES
                                          DATE OF BIRTH CHALLENGE-POKEMON OMEGA RUBY-5/8
                                          LUCKLOCKE CHALLENGE- POKEMON MOON- 4/11
                                          RANDOM POKEMON CHALLENGE- POKEMON SILVER- 5/16
                                          POKEMON MONOSIZE CHALLENGE- XL- POKEMON X-2/8
                                          THE 802 Challenge- Pokemon Leafgreen-4/8
                                          POKEMON DARWIN CHALLENGE-Plants & Fungi- Platinum-1/8
                                          Old September 14th, 2017 (6:51 AM).
                                          Audino master

Finally started 2nd run and it has RIDE!!

Story and stuff:
                                          Spoiler:
                                          This time I decided to take screenshot after every Gym, so it will be mostly only thing that will cover this run. Just few notes:
                                          - I hacked lvl 5 Tangela as my starter
                                          - I solo'd with her for 3 Gyms and overtrained her a little bit
                                          - I skipped some parts of the story to get Hitmonchan earlier and used him in 4th Gym Battle and whole Team Rocket storyline
                                          - I caught Horsea right after getting Poké Flute and used him as Seadra in 5th Gym Battle againts Sabrina

And finally, screens from Gyms:

Team:
                                          Spoiler:

F, Mild, Chlorophyll, lvl 45
                                          - Bullet Seed
                                          - Poison Powder
                                          - Sleep Powder
                                          - Ingrain

M, Careful, Keen Eye, lvl 39
                                          - Sky Uppercut
                                          - Ice Punch
                                          - Pursuit
                                          - Fire Punch

M, Brave, Poison Point, lvl 40
                                          - Water Pulse
                                          - Twister
                                          - Smoke Screen
                                          - Agility
                                          Old September 17th, 2017 (11:38 AM).
                                          Audino master

Well, 2nd and final update. Fire Red is so short game... aside from grinding...

Story and stuff:
                                          Spoiler:

- Nothing special this time. I got lucky and caught both Rhyhorn and Kangaskhan pretty fast
                                          - Wait, something interesting happened! I caught shiny Seel into Master Ball
                                          - Aside from that, it was normal run
                                          - And I forget to screen beating E4 members, because of intense battles. I remembered it during battle with Lance
                                          - And I must say, this time, E4 was pretty hard, even with all the training. Lorelei 1HKO Tangela, so Hitmonchan had to take her place and almost lost. Bruno was piece of cake. Agatha gave me some hard time, but after all, my sheer power won. And Lance? He was beating my Pokemon until Weezing came in! And in one big Blaze of Glory battle ended with me winning.
                                          - Battle with Blue was pretty straightforward. If I could I used type advantage. But that Future Sight was problem the whole game for me and even in this final battle, it changed my strategy a lot.

And finally, screens from Gyms:

Hall of Fame

Shiny

Team:
                                          Spoiler:

F, Mild, Chlorophyll, lvl 61
                                          - Bullet Seed
                                          - Poison Powder
                                          - Sleep Powder
                                          - Ingrain

M, Careful, Keen Eye, lvl 59
                                          - Sky Uppercut