• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

REVIEW: Marvel Vs Capcom infinite

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
Years
  • Age 34
  • NJ
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Marvel Vs Capcom is a 2D Fighting Game series developed and published by Capcom, which first released on Sega Dreamcast and Playstation in 1999. Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite (MvCI) is the sixth game in the crossover franchise and released in the US on September 19th, 2017 for Playstation 4 and Xbox One. The game released with standard, deluxe, and collector's editions; the Collector's Edition includes the Deluxe Edition and all pre-order bonuses, four character dioramas, and a case with all six LED-powered replica Infinity Stones..

MvCI features all of the game modes you would expect of a fighting game: arcade, versus, story, and online to name a few. The game returns to the 2v2 fighting format from the once-standard 3v3, and has much more simplified fighting controls to appeal to more casual players; it also contains a new gameplay mechanic introducing Infinity Stones, each of which has two different effectsl.

The game's story mode centers around Ultron and Sigma forming an alliance, fusing into a single character and using two of the stones to merge the Marvel and Capcom dimensions. Ultron Sigma spreads a virus across the world which can infect living beings and force them to join their army. The heroes form their own alliance to seek out the remaining four Infinity Stones, stop the Sigma Virus, and ultimately prevent Ultron Sigma from gaining unlimited power.

Overall, MvCI is a good time. The game offers thirty playable characters - fifteen from each side with six characters planned to be released as downloadable content in the next year. Playing online however, could ruin things; thanks to the easier fighting mechanics and use of the Reality stone, players can spam projectiles, the reality stone's power, and use a single combo in a near-infinite loop for an easy win against pretty much anyone. If you play an honest game against other people, you're not likely to win - and that's rather frustrating

Capcom fighting games have been disappointing in recent years, and as a fan of these games, this is more of the same. This game doesn't feel like a truly competitive fighter. Some of the story dialogue feels forced, the gameplay mechanics feel too simple to be much fun, character models don't look great, and the online matchmaking is not very reliable. Marvel Vs Capcom infinite does not feel like a $60 video game, but is worth a rental This game may not be what the hardcore players want - but hey, at least it has an Arcade Mode!

22090168_837549563100572_5339488309600397531_n.png

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
How is the balance between characters? Is it pretty good across the board, or are some characters more favorable than others?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I was going to get this but the roster is just...lacking.

I know the Marvel side isn't exactly the developers fault but a Marvel game without X-Men feels weird. Captain Marvel and (eventually) Black Widow are nice additions but on a personal note no She Hulk is not ideal.

The Capcom side is ok but I only tended to use Morrigan and Chris who are both on the previous game anyway.

The game may be more balanced but does not look as fun.

So that's full price to play as Captain Marvel and a little extra for Black Widow...I'll be sticking to MVC3.

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
Years
  • Age 34
  • NJ
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
How is the balance between characters? Is it pretty good across the board, or are some characters more favorable than others?

Most characters have ranged projectile specials like a gun shot or something. almost every character has a way from hitting u from as far as they can. basically i found that every character's moves can be done by spinning the left stick back and forth while button mashing

I have to wonder if that forced dialog isn't the result of the pretty unfortunate voice direction. Some of it actually seems pretty entertaining, but I've also heard the actual performances and, well...they certainly leave more to be desired.

throughout the story mode the caracters are mentioned by name more than once ESPECIALLY in the frist 2 chapters as if we don't know who they are already.chances are if u play a game like this u should already know just about everyone on the roster already i would think. i especially didn't like the fused voice of ultron sigma whoever synced those voices it feels like one voice is more dominant and is heard a second before the auto tone voice behind it

Years
I tried the demo on PS4 and was not impressed much. I will stick with MVC2 on Dreamcast (Still the best) and even MVC 3 Ultimate. Hopefully they get it right with the next game.

Back