• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 23, 2011
I used to play this game a while back, but then my laptop crashed and I lost everything. :( But it's back now (and couldn't find where I'd originally downloaded it) and I can honestly say it's one of my favorite pokemon hacks.

treecko's awesomeness

Treecko Breeder
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
Wow. This hack is awesome. Just started, but I'm loving it. I can honestly say, with all the strange and disturbing things that have crossed my mind, a pokémon zombie apocalypse was not one of them. This entire thing is amazing.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Wow. This hack is awesome. Just started, but I'm loving it. I can honestly say, with all the strange and disturbing things that have crossed my mind, a pokémon zombie apocalypse was not one of them. This entire thing is amazing.

Thanks.

I used to play this game a while back, but then my laptop crashed and I lost everything. :( But it's back now (and couldn't find where I'd originally downloaded it) and I can honestly say it's one of my favorite pokemon hacks.

Thanks again. That slow churning sound you hear is my ego swelling.

If you two liked Snakewood, go vote for it in the Hack of the Year competition thread! It certainly needs the help...

What do you do after getting to pacifilogtown

Visit Esau's Gym.

Can somebody please answer my question?

The game is finished, or as finished as it'll ever be. There are just a few minor things missing.

Hi, i have completed the submarine the second time when you fix the elevator. After being dropped off in fortree i couldnt go anywhere but left so i followed that and corssed the bridge. I couldnt enter the weather building from ruby and a copy of myself was standing by the bridge, i couldnt interact with him at all. I followed the path down where i met a sciencetist guy who went on about an egg and meteors daughter. i have no idea what has gone wrong but it seems like i just skipped a large chunk of the story. Any help/explanation would be good, thanks

Something weird happened there. I've never known the Weather Institute part to go wrong before. What happens there is that Meteor's daughter, who is still in her egg and a powerful psychic for some reason, is being held captive in the Weather Institute to force Meteor into going along with the Nebulous Bad Guys' schemes. You rescue her, get the egg and leave. It doesn't matter so much now, but later on you'll need her with you to get Fly, or you won't be able to leave Fort Draco. No idea what's gone wrong; I can offer no help, only apologies.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
So I'm stuck right now...literally. I just beat Semtex on top of the mountain or whatever. I then get transported to a "Necropolis" area where I can't move at all and the whole place is covered in clear, blue water. There seems to be one of those Russian dudes near me but when I talk to him nothing happens at all. I can't move left or right at all and I can run a marginal amount of space up and down. Aside from that...I'm stuck.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Trying to catch a Kenchira. It is a perpetual state of almost zero health and sleep and STILL ate through 44 ultra balls D:

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
This game is awesome so far!!!! But there is a glitch, i'm stuck on my way to meteor falls :( after i used rock smash(for no reason) i got stuck above the mountain unable to move, i can't move at all i saved before i realized i was stuck(yes i'm an idiot). can anyone help me???? is there anyway for me to get out of this without starting over?

SuperLaluigi

Back after a long break
Years
I think i found a bug when i go to mauvil city's gime i fight one grunt but when i got stucke in calm wood cave i went back and i fought him again now I have two tm 34's

Cutlerine

Years
ATTENTION ALL SNAKEWOOD FANS!

We are through to the Elimination Round of the HotY competition! Keep those votes coming in, please, and propel us to stardom! If you don't, something with a much less insane storyline will win instead, and none of us want that, do we?

Also, since you were kind enough to get me this far, you can expect the Grand Unveiling of a new project this weekend. The more you vote for me, the more stuff I produce... and let me tell you, it has none of the glitches that plague Snakewood. So don't delay - vote today!

Now, for individual responses:

Both of you need to be a lot more specific. Just saying "it doesn't work" doesn't give us any idea what might be wrong.

I second this. Can people please be more specific?

This game is awesome so far!!!! But there is a glitch, i'm stuck on my way to meteor falls :( after i used rock smash(for no reason) i got stuck above the mountain unable to move, i can't move at all i saved before i realized i was stuck(yes i'm an idiot). can anyone help me???? is there anyway for me to get out of this without starting over?

Hum. I have absolutely no idea what happened here; you'll probably have to restart, although if you can open the Start menu you could always try using Rock Smash again and see what happens.

I think i found a bug when i go to mauvil city's gime i fight one grunt but when i got stucke in calm wood cave i went back and i fought him again now I have two tm 34's

Oh yeah, that happens sometimes. I wouldn't worry about it; TM34 is hardly a useful move in a Snakewood context anyway. It just ain't strong enough.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
as the first hack ive ever tried id say this one is really awesome. its creepy and disturbing which is great :D

however im starting to struggle a bit. i barely scraped past the 6th gym and her brother...my team is around level 40 and im stuck on the deadly seven outside lilycove. they all have guys around level 50 :(

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2022
Im kinda stuck in that i cant find my way into sootopolis/necropolis... i did the e4, went through lilycove sewers, defeated esau... i surfed around for at least 3 hours to find a way into sootopolis, so please help =(

really awesome hack by the way. i just stop most hacks if i get stuck and usually they are not nearly as cryptic as yours, but there is something about snakewood, that makes you want to complete it....

marcc5m

what
Years
"We are through to the Elimination Round of the HotY competition! Keep those votes coming in, please, and propel us to stardom! If you don't, something with a much less insane storyline will win instead, and none of us want that, do we?"

Uhm yeah I do because I want Lilac to win.
Anyway what do I do in that one Gym with all the indoor tiles messed about in that place with all the Gyms?

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2011
Looks like you finally get to call that section "Awards" Instead of "Award"! You get an award for making it to the elimination round and if you win you get another award!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
Congratulations Cutlerine on entering HoY Elimination Round!! Looking pretty good, you're the #2 voted so far!!

Also looking forward to the unveil - could this possibly be Keratin!?!?

V. Squirtle

Vampire Squirtle
Years
This game truly is a masterpiece, and possibly my favorite game of all time. I actually joined here mainly because of this hack. I would be honored if you would allow me to fix any bugs, errors, and glitches.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Hey Cutlerine,I think there's still some bug in this hack,first,when I get arrived the Gym Island,ASIMOV ought to appear and give a HM04(I know this by open the game by AM1.92),but he didn't there,and after I defeated all gyms on Gym Island,the guy who blocked the door of ASIMOV's gym disappeared,then I get into the gym,but as I know,SENEX ought to be there,but he was not there...and in fossil maniac's tunnels,the "treasure" should be in the deepest of the tunnel,but it wasn't there...I believe that it must because the flags of these events are used in other places already...(I HAVE NEVER USED CHEAT CODE!)

Cutlerine

Years
as the first hack ive ever tried id say this one is really awesome. its creepy and disturbing which is great :D

however im starting to struggle a bit. i barely scraped past the 6th gym and her brother...my team is around level 40 and im stuck on the deadly seven outside lilycove. they all have guys around level 50 :(

Yeah, I do like me some ridiculous difficulty. I suppose I ought to apologise for that.

Im kinda stuck in that i cant find my way into sootopolis/necropolis... i did the e4, went through lilycove sewers, defeated esau... i surfed around for at least 3 hours to find a way into sootopolis, so please help =(

really awesome hack by the way. i just stop most hacks if i get stuck and usually they are not nearly as cryptic as yours, but there is something about snakewood, that makes you want to complete it....

Heh. Stopping Snakewood if you get stuck means you miss out most of the game. After defeating Esau, go meet him for training at Sundance Rock, which is in

Spoiler:

Anyway what do I do in that one Gym with all the indoor tiles messed about in that place with all the Gyms?

If nothing's there, then it's broken.

Looks like you finally get to call that section "Awards" Instead of "Award"! You get an award for making it to the elimination round and if you win you get another award!

I know! You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to that!

Congratulations Cutlerine on entering HoY Elimination Round!! Looking pretty good, you're the #2 voted so far!!

Also looking forward to the unveil - could this possibly be Keratin!?!?

Ahá... You'll have to wait and see.

This game truly is a masterpiece, and possibly my favorite game of all time. I actually joined here mainly because of this hack. I would be honored if you would allow me to fix any bugs, errors, and glitches.
Spoiler:

I would love for you to do that. Honestly, I no longer have the willpower to work on Snakewood; I think it'd take the fresh enthusiasm of someone completely new to battle it out with the glitches.

Hey Cutlerine,I think there's still some bug in this hack,first,when I get arrived the Gym Island,ASIMOV ought to appear and give a HM04(I know this by open the game by AM1.92),but he didn't there,and after I defeated all gyms on Gym Island,the guy who blocked the door of ASIMOV's gym disappeared,then I get into the gym,but as I know,SENEX ought to be there,but he was not there...and in fossil maniac's tunnels,the "treasure" should be in the deepest of the tunnel,but it wasn't there...I believe that it must because the flags of these events are used in other places already...(I HAVE NEVER USED CHEAT CODE!)

Yeah, those bugs are fairly commonplace (except the Fossil Maniac's treasure), though they don't occur for everyone. I do know they exist.

Anyway, keep on supporting us, and stay sane!

F.A.B.

V. Squirtle

Vampire Squirtle
Years
The only things holding this hack back from being perfect are glitches, and I'm willing to try and make it perfect. I just patched a fresh one so I can work on it. Do you still have the sprites or any other files I may need for it? I think that if I put a lot of effort into it, I can really fix it up nicely.

Also, I was thinking of adding a few extras, besides just fixing it up in general. Like the e4 and champion overworld sprites, the title screen, extra areas (Such as adding new areas where it's just blocked off and nothing's there), And maybe some secret trainer-filled rooms hidden very well for after the game. (Filled with trainers packed with all level 100's?) I want to clean it up and add some extras, but I want to make sure it's still the same, unchanged game. I figure that I should probably add you, if that's okay, and we can talk it out from there.

Back