• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Red 151

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Has anyone found Charmander in the wild? The locations.docx says Route 6, however I found Squirtle there. is it possible Charmander/Squirtle are actually switched (such that Charmander is found on Route 7 instead)?

Thanks!

I'm actually in the same predicament. I tried Route 6 and only find Squirtle there. I tried Route 7 and don't find Charmander there. I have all the other 148, and just want to catch and train Charmander now! Should have picked Charmander as starter instead, heh.

Does anyone know where to find Charmander? It doesn't seem to be Route 6 for this romhack...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
Is there a good way to grind Levels in this hack, cause i was thinking if the trainers are that high Leveled, i would need to train a lot, especially for the Gym leaders. I am thinking of trying this hack out.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 25, 2015
Hello! yall! I have a question are you able to fight professor oak in this version?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 20, 2015
Has anyone found Charmander in the wild? The locations.docx says Route 6, however I found Squirtle there. is it possible Charmander/Squirtle are actually switched (such that Charmander is found on Route 7 instead)?

Thanks!

I'm actually in the same predicament. I tried Route 6 and only find Squirtle there. I tried Route 7 and don't find Charmander there. I have all the other 148, and just want to catch and train Charmander now! Should have picked Charmander as starter instead, heh.

Does anyone know where to find Charmander? It doesn't seem to be Route 6 for this romhack...

Hello guys! I'm having the same issue: I can't find Charmander in Route 6. Do you guys managed to find a Charmander? Where?
Anyone ever found a wild Charmander in this hack? :P

blue

gucci
Years
Finally got around to making a few adjustments. The following changes have been made:

• Danny-E 33's Colour and Graphics patch has been added. This means that you can play the game in full colour with updated sprites and artwork from Generation II (see first post images for examples).
  • Some Gym Leaders now have more Pokémon! The likes of Erika, Koga, Sabrina etc will now have 6 Pokémon!
  • Several Pokémon have had stat increases/decreases.
I recommend playing using the VBA-M Emulator provided with the download to avoid any crashes. It is known that if you blackout, the screen will turn white until you arrive at the Pokémon Center.

For those patching over existing saves, I would recommend backing up your original file to prevent any potential corruption.

Thanks!

Yeah, there was a mistake in the documentation that has now been corrected. Squirtle can be found on Route 6 and Charmander can be found on Route 7.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 20, 2015
Finally got around to making a few adjustments. The following changes have been made:

• Danny-E 33's Colour and Graphics patch has been added. This means that you can play the game in full colour with updated sprites and artwork from Generation II (see first post images for examples).
  • Some Gym Leaders now have more Pokémon! The likes of Erika, Koga, Sabrina etc will now have 6 Pokémon!
  • Several Pokémon have had stat increases/decreases.
I recommend playing using the VBA-M Emulator provided with the download to avoid any crashes. It is known that if you blackout, the screen will turn white until you arrive at the Pokémon Center.

For those patching over existing saves, I would recommend backing up your original file to prevent any potential corruption.

Yeah, there was a mistake in the documentation that has now been corrected. Squirtle can be found on Route 6 and Charmander can be found on Route 7.

Awesome improvement man, thank you very much :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 10, 2015
This is the most amazing hack of a pokemon game I have seen. It has it all:

Increased Difficulty
Updated Colors
Updated graphics.

I'm really enjoying it.

On my version, Giovanni in Celadon had original low-level pokemon, and ghost of marowak was low-level as well.

All-in-all, a great hack. Worth every bit of effort. Thanks again! Hope there are more updates to come!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 23, 2018
Is it possible to play the updated version, without the updated graphics? The whole reason for me seeking out a harder version of the original game was to experience the nostalgia of the original.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 26, 2015
Can I have a list of where I can find all the pokemon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Can you teach me how to install this on my mac since i am new to this

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Hey, im not sure if this rom is dead but when i try to pick a starter, the pokedex shows the entry and then the screen turns white and stay that way. Can u fix this?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 17, 2016
Hello. I know that this is really old, but I only just discovered this. I installed everything but I don't see the upgraded graphics for the game and the pokemon I fight at the start don't appear to be stronger. Is this rom still good?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 25, 2017
I can't seem to find a valid copy of this hack anywhere on the Internet. What happened?? I was really looking forward to playing this, but none of the links I've found lead to a good download file.

EDIT: Nevermind. I guess it just won't download properly on my phone for some reason.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 25, 2017
If anyone is still coming here looking for Charmander, you can also find him in the lower levels of Mt Moon. I found two while trying to find Aerodactyl. I'm still looking for Aerodactyl, btw. Any help would be appreciated.

Great hack, by the way. I've really enjoyed it. I just really want to catch all 151 for once in my life!

Back