• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Alola!

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
Hello, my name is Serenity, but my nickname is Serene. I don't mind being called by either name. I am a long-time fan of the Pokemon anime and games, and I have played and own most games of each generation to date. Recently, I have been playing Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Sword, in which I received the latter for Christmas and have been playing ever since. My favorite all-time Pokémon is Starmie and my favorite legendary Pokémon is Reshiram. I loved generation 5 because I loved Unova in general, the new Pokémon, the storyline, Team Plasma, Reshiram, and the characters. I also loved generation 7 as well because I loved Alola a lot and the new features. I joined this site because I wanted to connect with other Pokémon players, make some trades with people, and maybe even battle in the future when I raise my Pokémon up to a high level.

Years
hello =3
Are you enjoying BD and Sword so far?

Alola was a nice region imo, I personally enjoyed it quite a lot simply because it was so different to any previous games =3
Did you like any of the Ultra Beasts?

As for trades, you'd want the Trade Corner, whenever you're ready to start trading.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
hello =3
Are you enjoying BD and Sword so far?

Alola was a nice region imo, I personally enjoyed it quite a lot simply because it was so different to any previous games =3
Did you like any of the Ultra Beasts?

As for trades, you'd want the Trade Corner, whenever you're ready to start trading.

Hello there.
Yes, I've enjoyed both games. I already finished the main story of Brilliant Diamond, but I am focused on Sword right now. I am enjoying Sword a lot. One of my favorite things about Pokémon is capturing them and the wild areas are pretty much heaven for me. I also love the system of Pokémon appearing in the over-world, which is a lot better and actually gives you freedom of movement that you seemingly didn't have in the other games in places where Pokémon spawn. I agree with you about Alola. It was like the perfect region for a Pokémon game and it was different to the others. They went all-out to make a fun game by breaking a lot of traditions and it worked. As for me liking any of the Ultra Beasts, yes I liked some of them. I liked Buzzwole a lot because of his design. It's incredible. I also liked Guzzlord and Celesteela a lot too. Thanks for the Trade Corner link too by the way.

Years
Oh a Starmie fan? Nice, that's my favourite Water type and is part of my dream team~

Welcome Serene! I agree that Gen 5 is probably the best mainline game Game Freak ever produced. I'm currently playing through Alola atm and indeed, it's nothing like I'm used to with the other games. Breath of fresh air really.

Enjoy your stay here, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Omg your username gives me such good vibes. I love it.

Anyway, I'm glad to see more appreciation for Unova and Alola! I feel like they sorta get lost in the long list of main series titles, when in reality the games really stand out!

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
Omg your username gives me such good vibes. I love it.

Anyway, I'm glad to see more appreciation for Unova and Alola! I feel like they sorta get lost in the long list of main series titles, when in reality the games really stand out!

Thank you so much. What's even better about my username is that it is based on my actual name.

I don't understand why gens 5 and 7 get lost in the main series titles. In my opinion, they were the best games in the series!

Years
hiya Serene!! i agree with Fairy, you have such a cool username!! welcome to the community c:

imo, gen 7 is underrated. i think people give it flack because of cutscenes and the beginning is a bit slow, but that never really bothered me, personally.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
Oh a Starmie fan? Nice, that's my favourite Water type and is part of my dream team~

Welcome Serene! I agree that Gen 5 is probably the best mainline game Game Freak ever produced. I'm currently playing through Alola atm and indeed, it's nothing like I'm used to with the other games. Breath of fresh air really.

Enjoy your stay here, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any :)

Yep, I fell in love with Starmie since seeing Misty use her in the anime. Starmie is a beautiful Pokémon, especially in its shiny form. Whenever I play a new game, I try to make sure I get a shiny Staryu through breeding, no matter how long it takes me, and I normally don't even care for shinies. lol

Alola is like the perfect region for Pokémon. It just seems like a tropical island is the perfect place for Pokémon to live and for trainers to catch them. I just love the feel and the vibe of Alola. It's an amazing region.

Thank you so much.

Years
yes yes, even more Unova fans! Incredibly happy to see that. <3 Welcome Serenity, nice to meet you! Starmie is really cool and incredibly pretty, one of the best/most unique water types, like it a lot myself. Hope we'll be seeing you around ~

Years
I agree with SuMo and USUM not deserving the hate they sometimes get. (SuMo has the better story imo though. My jaw dropped the first time I played and Lusamine just MERGED with an Ultra Beast)

Meanwhile USUM has such a diverse roster of Pokemon (especially if you factor in Island Scan as well), I'd love to do a couple of Monotype challenges on those games because it actually feels feasible for pretty much any type.

Years
Hi Serenity and welcome!

I will go against the fold and say that as much as SuMo are probably one of my least favourite titles to date, I am glad to hear that even now people are still getting the game and enjoying it!

The Pokémon sections here wil definitely filled with like-minded souls and well they're generally so darned pleasant that I'm sure you'll fit right in. Hope to see you sticking around, either way I hope you enjoy your time here.

Also, MEGA love the Starmie choice, what a fantastic Pokémon!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hello, my name is Serenity, but my nickname is Serene. I don't mind being called by either name. I am a long-time fan of the Pokemon anime and games, and I have played and own most games of each generation to date. Recently, I have been playing Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Sword, in which I received the latter for Christmas and have been playing ever since. My favorite all-time Pokémon is Starmie and my favorite legendary Pokémon is Reshiram. I loved generation 5 because I loved Unova in general, the new Pokémon, the storyline, Team Plasma, Reshiram, and the characters. I also loved generation 7 as well because I loved Alola a lot and the new features. I joined this site because I wanted to connect with other Pokémon players, make some trades with people, and maybe even battle in the future when I raise my Pokémon up to a high level.
Hi Serene! That's a lovely name :3
Pretty cool to have collected almost every game up until now. I myself tried to collect at least one game from each generation up until the 3DS era, but I don't have a Switch so it ends there for me unfortunately. Did you prefer the cutesy style of Brilliant Diamond or the slightly more serious look of Sword and Shield, I wonder?

Starmie is one of my favorites too. It used to seem really weird to me - as the only pokémon that didn't have eyes (something otherwise only holds true for the Ultra Beasts afaik! - but a few years ago I just totally fell in love with Staryu, and I like Starmie a lot too (although I do prefer Staryu tbh, especially the cool shiny version). Did you see this fan-made ghost type Mega version that was made for the fangame Phoenix Rising? :D

Spoiler:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Welcome Serene! Gen 5 is definitely among my favorites mainly because of the replay value. Though for me personally, Gen 4 and Gen 2 are above those for me. I agree that Gen 7 doesn't deserve the hate it gets, though the little I did play I did quite enjoy it. I just never finished it. I'll have to take the time to go back and finish those games. I also got Brilliant Diamond for Christmas. I can't wait to play them and enjoy the nostalgia of my favorites games. Are you enjoy long them yourself?

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to reach out to anyone here. We'll gladly help you find your way!

Back